Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.
lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Postby lucky420 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:38 am

And the right worried about death squads from the left. So I guess it's my turn to worry now ...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:58 pm

lucky420 wrote:lets discuss this in person some time... :coffee:

Seems to me that most these motherfuckers that shoot up places are either right wing conservative assholes or Muslim conservative assholes and yeah taking away the ACA and replacing it with the ACHA (as it stands now) will actually probably cause people to die

like the guy who shot the congressional baseball team?
Who are these "right wing" (do they somehow identify themselves that way?) shooters?
I would bet, if the political leanings of all people who shoot others, or even harm them, were tabulated, you'd not find a large majority either way.

conflating "right wing conservative" and "muslim conservative" seems disingenuous. They are very different mindsets and groups.
Now if you want to specify "religious conservatives" with "muslim conservatives" it might work better?
Painting all "conservatives" with the brush of "if you are not "liberal" you must be.......?......nawp.

I guess what I'm getting at, is, all the hand waving "you conservative (insert epithet) are all no good and evil" does not foster understanding, or even the will to talk. if I'm called names like that, just because of my politics, I have no interest in talking to you about it, and therefore we can't have a discussion that might lead to better understanding and compromise.
The hyperbole is out of hand. It can only be stopped by the individual, choosing to be civil, listen and speak.
There are many, and I'd argue most, good people on both sides of the aisle. The evil/aberrant ones are who gets the attention and headlines.
But, blanket name calling and categorizing, IMHO, just keep the "average people" from wanting to engage in discourse, feeling and mostly knowing, it'll be met with vitriol and hyperbole, half truth and accusation.
You can't create understanding in that way, IMHO.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:12 am

im sorry, but you can't listen to or talk to fucking insane.

IMG_5329.JPG

and our "president" is fucking insane.

support him and i will have to question your grip on real reality too.

fake reality, well, we all know we can just pick up the National Enquirer or watch Wrestling...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:25 am

ygmir wrote:

Seems to me that most these motherfuckers that shoot up places are either right wing conservative assholes or Muslim conservative assholes and yeah taking away the ACA and replacing it with the ACHA (as it stands now) will actually probably cause people to die

Who are these "right wing" (do they somehow identify themselves that way?) shooters?
I would bet, if the political leanings of all people who shoot others, or even harm them, were tabulated, you'd not find a large majority either way.

conflating "right wing conservative" and "muslim conservative" seems disingenuous. They are very different mindsets and groups.
Now if you want to specify "religious conservatives" with "muslim conservatives" it might work better?
Painting all "conservatives" with the brush of "if you are not "liberal" you must be.......?......nawp.

I guess what I'm getting at, is, all the hand waving "you conservative (insert epithet) are all no good and evil" does not foster understanding, or even the will to talk. if I'm called names like that, just because of my politics, I have no interest in talking to you about it, and therefore we can't have a discussion that might lead to better understanding and compromise.
The hyperbole is out of hand. It can only be stopped by the individual, choosing to be civil, listen and speak.
There are many, and I'd argue most, good people on both sides of the aisle. The evil/aberrant ones are who gets the attention and headlines.
But, blanket name calling and categorizing, IMHO, just keep the "average people" from wanting to engage in discourse, feeling and mostly knowing, it'll be met with vitriol and hyperbole, half truth and accusation.

I don't paint all conservatives with the same brush. Think having a balance of both parties in DC is a good thing. I think that a lot of the right has gone to far. My evidence for that is what I see happening in Washington right now. It may seem as if I do paint them all the same because I am outraged by the few in power who are doing some incredibly nasty stuff IMO.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:48 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:im sorry, but you can't listen to or talk to fucking insane.

IMG_5329.JPG

and our "president" is fucking insane.

support him and i will have to question your grip on real reality too.

fake reality, well, we all know we can just pick up the National Enquirer or watch Wrestling...

to be clear: I do not include Trump in "the right" as I see the "rank and file" right. He's a wing nut.
I am not talking about, talking to "them". I mean, as I tried to imply, "the people". the masses who exist in the middle, normal people that have differing viewpoints, but open minds and manners.

lucky420 wrote:
ygmir wrote:

I don't paint all conservatives with the same brush. Think having a balance of both parties in DC is a good thing. I think that a lot of the right has gone to far. My evidence for that is what I see happening in Washington right now. It may seem as if I do paint them all the same because I am outraged by the few in power who are doing some incredibly nasty stuff IMO.

your language and verbiage paint the "all inclusive" picture, though. IE: things like "repubs./conservatives want us all to die" (paraphrase).
this puts anyone who leans right, in a conversation, immediately on the defensive. Not all of them want us to die. Not all of congress, and certainly not all in the nation.

I just lament the vitriolic rhetoric, from so many folks, towards anyone who disagrees.
Yeah, there are wing nuts on both sides, who deserve focused derision, but can't we ratchet the conversation down, to maybe a civil discussion and respectful repartee? I know I've softened many of my views over the years, and precisely due to people who disagree being willing to respectfully discuss differing perspectives and information. This allows "the other" to listen and reflect, cogitate even, on your words, without feeling attacked and hated.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:08 am

I just said that I don't paint them all with the same brush though my outrage at what the few in power are doing may lead you to believe otherwise.

I think pretty much everyone gets caught up I vitriolic rhetoric. Everyone.

These are tough times,very tough. I'm done stomping my foot...for now

I gotta go do my most hated chore now, grocery shopping

Oh and I cuss a lot when I'm passionate about something but I'll also hold the door open for you. Manners
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:07 am

nq170703.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:17 am

1499102168412.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:32 am

Funny thing, libs say they're all for both parties to be in D.C. but they'd never vote Republican and if they had their way each and every one of them would be replaced with a "progressive" (read: Democrat) making it a one-party rule. Their party.

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby vargaso » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:32 am

ygmir wrote:
Joeln wrote:Never thought I would say it, but sometimes I long for the days of Reagan or Nixon.
At the time I hated them with a passion. Now they seem pretty tame.

yeah I see that as pretty pervasive with the "left". If you don't agree, you are evil and they hate you.
The right tends to eyeroll, point and laugh.

Not that either is ok, I'd sure like to see more civility.

May seem like if from the right, but from my perspective many on the right demonize those they disagree with as much if not more than people on the left. Extremists comfy in their certainty on both sides are the problem.

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:38 am

Yes ^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Joeln
Burning Since: 2014

Postby Joeln » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 am

ygmir wrote:I just lament the vitriolic rhetoric, from so many folks, towards anyone who disagrees.
Yeah, there are wing nuts on both sides, who deserve focused derision, but can't we ratchet the conversation down, to maybe a civil discussion and respectful repartee? I know I've softened many of my views over the years, and precisely due to people who disagree being willing to respectfully discuss differing perspectives and information. This allows "the other" to listen and reflect, cogitate even, on your words, without feeling attacked and hated.

Yggy, you are one of the conservatives I would gladly talk politics with anytime. Your comment above echoes my feelings perfectly.
Collapse first and avoid the rush

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:22 pm

vargaso wrote:
ygmir wrote:
Joeln wrote:Never thought I would say it, but sometimes I long for the days of Reagan or Nixon.
At the time I hated them with a passion. Now they seem pretty tame.

yeah I see that as pretty pervasive with the "left". If you don't agree, you are evil and they hate you.
The right tends to eyeroll, point and laugh.

Not that either is ok, I'd sure like to see more civility.

May seem like if from the right, but from my perspective many on the right demonize those they disagree with as much if not more than people on the left. Extremists comfy in their certainty on both sides are the problem.

finally! someone bit. And that's my point, that from each side, we see the other in a bad light, saying "they do it, but worse", or " yeah, maybe we do it too, but not as bad".....what I see from my political anarchist POV, is, as I've stated ad nauseum: "two sides of the same wooden nickel".
and I totally agree with your last sentence.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:49 pm

I can bite you if you want
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

rony albert
Camp Name: MNTC

Postby rony albert » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:14 pm

For some people politics is whole life. :mrgreen:

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:08 am

Something that really surprises me about the email leads from the DNC that presumably threw the election towards Mr. Trump is that nobody from the Democratic side is denying them or that they ever took place. If the emails to and from John Podesta actually did call Bernie Sanders "...that miserable old kike..." and called some of the more radical members of the Black Lives Matter movement "coons" (and presumably worse), wouldn't you think they'd deny to their graves ever saying that? And what's worse is the cowardly Republicans aren't making it front-and-center either. We all accept the fact the DNC is racist, it's just too bad it's not getting the ink from the NY Times and Washington Post it deserves.

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby vargaso » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:37 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:Something that really surprises me about the email leads from the DNC that presumably threw the election towards Mr. Trump is that nobody from the Democratic side is denying them or that they ever took place. If the emails to and from John Podesta actually did call Bernie Sanders "...that miserable old kike..." and called some of the more radical members of the Black Lives Matter movement "coons" (and presumably worse), wouldn't you think they'd deny to their graves ever saying that? And what's worse is the cowardly Republicans aren't making it front-and-center either. We all accept the fact the DNC is racist, it's just too bad it's not getting the ink from the NY Times and Washington Post it deserves.

I googled Podesta and "kike" as well DNC, BLM and "coon" and came up empty. Where are you getting that info from? I'm genuinely asking, you could be right, I'm just not finding it anywhere.

BTW, googling "that miserable old kike" with the quotes brought one result, on a Stormfront comment about Bernie, but not related to Podesta. What I'm saying is, you made me click on a Stormfront link. Thanks a lot! Ha.

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:28 am

facts are unimportant to 40% of the population.
Frida Be You & Me

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:34 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:facts are unimportant to 40% of the population.

I'd counter that, with 80%, being 40% from each side! I think every election is determined by the middle 20% of voters who don't really identify with a major party, but vote *usually* lesser of two evils.
This does not include, what I also think, is a plurality of eligible voters, who don't vote at all....
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Blue_Bike
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: As of 2017, Rootpile Bluegrass Camp

Postby Blue_Bike » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:51 am

Fearlessly be Honest.
Honestly be Kind.
Tirelessly be Passionate.
Passionately be Creative.
Openly be Joyful.
Mindfully be the Person You Want to Be.

Perpetual Burn

Postby Perpetual Burn » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:16 pm

The Donald is Putin's bitch?

Turn off your TV... the Camander in Chief of the US military is the undiable boss of this planet...
Trump could delete Putin with one laser beam from outer space... if Putin even threatens these United States, it'll be his last mistake.

You might not know shit about economics or military power if you disagree... but we think you're cute... since we can tell you who to vote for... especially if you think your vote counts...

Vote third party... so you can prove at least one person in America can see thru the two party charade... else you get the same system of slavery over and over again...

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil... duh... and 2+2=4... mind blown?
Love brings us Home
Hope restores our soul
We Burn on the Playa of the
Black Rock Desert
& We fear no evil
for the Man is on our side
Surely Faith & Love will follow
All our Lives
& We will dwell in the house of Love
Forever

ygmir

Postby ygmir » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:58 am

Perpetual Burn wrote:The Donald is Putin's bitch?

Turn off your TV... the Camander in Chief of the US military is the undiable boss of this planet...
Trump could delete Putin with one laser beam from outer space... if Putin even threatens these United States, it'll be his last mistake.

You might not know shit about economics or military power if you disagree... but we think you're cute... since we can tell you who to vote for... especially if you think your vote counts...

Vote third party... so you can prove at least one person in America can see thru the two party charade... else you get the same system of slavery over and over again...

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil... duh... and 2+2=4... mind blown?

I'm not sure this is not just part of a very long term game plan. Long term as in decades.
false flag, mis-directions, hysteria and hyperbole, good cop/bad cop, divide and conquer....over time, can manipulate perceptions and attitudes. Thereby, softening the masses to some ultimate goal.
I'd not be surprised to learn we've not had an actually elected prez. in the last 80 years.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:00 pm

IMG_5517.JPG
Frida Be You & Me

Jackass

Postby Jackass » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Now there's a real Time cover to put back up in the Trump Pro Shops...
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Perpetual Burn

Postby Perpetual Burn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:57 pm

ygmir wrote:
Perpetual Burn wrote:The Donald is Putin's bitch?

I'm not sure this is not just part of a very long term game plan. Long term as in decades.
false flag, mis-directions, hysteria and hyperbole, good cop/bad cop, divide and conquer....over time, can manipulate perceptions and attitudes. Thereby, softening the masses to some ultimate goal.
I'd not be surprised to learn we've not had an actually elected prez. in the last 80 years.

The bosses engineer in orders of centuries... feeding the masses with bullshit is older than dinosaurs (also invented by bullshitters.)

Presidents elected by the masses? Might aswell believe in Unicorns...

The White House is for rent... the Donald just proved beyond any doubt... which kinda makes me love America more...

All flags are false, all wars funded by one side, pointing red and blue fingers... the masses are the goal, cause that 99.9% are the slaves...

But if they rise against tyranny... the clock ticks faster...
Love brings us Home
Hope restores our soul
Black Rock Desert
& We fear no evil
All our Lives
Forever

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:15 pm

1500662915280.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:17 am

IMG_5871.JPG
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Postby Perpetual Burn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:19 pm

^Bullshit...

Reagan didn't have the balls to get assassinated... he was a big fan of returning the American economy to a Gold/commodity based standard... until he got shot... then he "changed his mind" (and her opinion didn't ever matter, sorry ladies.)

So now money is "like" monopoly money... it's just a number on a piece of paper... or ones and zeroes on computard screens...

The revolution will not be televised... but it will be retweeted about...
Love brings us Home
Hope restores our soul
Black Rock Desert
& We fear no evil
All our Lives
Forever

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Postby BBadger » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:51 pm

The last thing we need are blathering platitudes right now.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:15 am

Frida Be You & Me

Return to “Open Discussion”