Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.
Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:10 pm

i suggest everyone watch “Babylon Berlin” on netflix.

in german, with the english subtitles.

you’ll thank me later.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:18 am

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:38 pm

03B3891A-CEAC-4533-B87D-F1793AADA9B7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:38 pm
03B3891A-CEAC-4533-B87D-F1793AADA9B7.jpeg
My hate knows no bounds and fuck your “whataboutisms”

This is the thing; for those that “whatabout” well if you think I or any decent person on these boards are going to excuse this kind of behavior from “our side” or “the left” you are sadly mistaken. ANYONE who does this shit should be prosecuted and appropriately imprisoned.

And fuck your weird defense of the puta in chief. He’s a horrible person. “Oh but hey, I got mine” gtfo
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:51 am

8C405D99-7A63-4BDC-8B6A-55C8A07B79D5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:05 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:51 am
8C405D99-7A63-4BDC-8B6A-55C8A07B79D5.jpeg
Bbbut the economy...

What does sexual harassment, assault, wage theft, social security fraud matter?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:33 am

Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:17 pm

Thanks for the smile ^^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:15 pm

Not mine, but forwarded.........

Please read 28th amendment

Please Read, and forward. This will only take 1 minute to read!
28th Amendment, 35 States and Counting.

It will take you less than a minute to read this. If you agree, please pass it on. It's an idea whose time has come to deal with this self-serving situation:

OUR PRESENT SITUATION !

Children of Congress members do not have to pay back their college student loans.

Staffers of Congress family members are also exempt from having to pay back student loans.

Members of Congress can retire at full pay after only one term.

Members of Congress have exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed, under which ordinary citizens must live.
For example, they are exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment.

And as the latest example, they have exempted themselves from Healthcare Reform, in all of its aspects.

We must not tolerate an elite class of such people, elected as public servants and then putting themselves above the law.

I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent, or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon their states.It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

If each person that receives this will forward it on to 20 people, in three days most people in The United States of America will have the message.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the Citizens of the United States ..."

This is an idea that should be passed around, regardless of political party.

Congressional Reform Act of 2017

1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office. And, no more perks go with them.

2. Congress (past, present, & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress must purchase their own retirement plan, just as ALL Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people (i.e. NO MORE INSIDER TRADING!!!).

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts by and for themselves.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:26 am

Frida Be You & Me

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:07 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:15 pm

It will take you less than a minute to read this. If you agree, please pass it on. It's an idea whose time has come to deal with this self-serving situation:

OUR PRESENT SITUATION !

Children of Congress members do not have to pay back their college student loans.

Staffers of Congress family members are also exempt from having to pay back student loans.

Members of Congress have exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed, under which ordinary citizens must live.
For example, they are exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment.

And as the latest example, they have exempted themselves from Healthcare Reform, in all of its aspects.

We must not tolerate an elite class of such people, elected as public servants and then putting themselves above the law.

I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent, or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon their states.It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

If each person that receives this will forward it on to 20 people, in three days most people in The United States of America will have the message.

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the Citizens of the United States ..."

1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office. And, no more perks go with them.

2. Congress (past, present, & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people (i.e. NO MORE INSIDER TRADING!!!).

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts by and for themselves.
I work in Congress and can tell you that the majority of information contained in this post is factually incorrect.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:28 am

4E25524F-53FD-4F05-B1E6-D1B656B85D3C.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:33 am

db190915.jpg
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:42 am

7B358CEC-FF2D-4D89-8B25-26C73BCF45E6.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:19 am

Yep, I say give them the jet ski’s. The swamp has never been more active
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:30 am

Salon has been a PITA for the event lately, so I'm going to cut and paste rather than give them our clicks:

Donald Trump, king of chaos: New research on right-wing psychology points toward big trouble ahead
Trump's supporters want chaos and destruction. When their bad drug high finally wears off, it won't be pretty

Donald Trump is the King of Chaos. He has lied at least 12,000 times since becoming president of the United States.

These lies are often obvious and lazy — such as incorrectly claiming that Hurricane Dorian would hit Alabama and then forcing scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to parrot his lies. Trump’s lies are made no less dangerous when they happen to be lazy and obvious.

Trump is unapologetic and unabashed in his contempt for American democracy and the rule of law. Many mental health professionals have concluded he is unwell. He lacks impulse control and evidences sociopathic behavior.

Trump acts like a self-styled mob boss — a corrupt bully who forces his subordinates to “kick up” to him.

America’s own spies do not trust our unpredictable president to act responsibly with the country’s secrets.

Trump is mercurial in his cruelty, waiting until people are in dire need to punish them, often based on sheer bigotry and racism. Most recently he has refused to let desperate people from the Bahamas enter the United States after their homes were destroyed by Hurricane Dorian.

He tells his subordinates to break the law as they execute his plans and promises to pardon them if they do so. He fires people on a whim in order to ensure their loyalty. He ignores any restraints on his power as mandated by the Constitution.

Progress is under assault in America as Trump and his allies are overturning the human and civil rights of nonwhites, women, LGBT people, the disabled and everyone else he and his movement deem to be “less than” and the Other.

Chaos is at the nucleus of the Age of Trump. This chaos and the disruption and destruction it causes manifest in many ways.

Trumpism is a form of backlash politics fueled by white rage at a perceived loss of privilege and power in a more diverse and cosmopolitan world. Trumpism is a temper tantrum along the global color line fueled by anxieties about power and social dominance.

Writing in the journal Contemporary Sociology, Jeffrey Alexander offers this context:

Backlash does not occur because conservative cadres and followers are anti-modern, irrational, or even unusually bigoted. Backlash is triggered, rather, because ideal and material structures of the status quo have been abruptly displaced, and those who occupied those structures wish to return to the time before displacement, when they were sitting and standing in what was obviously, and not just in retrospect, a better place.

In their 2016 article “Trump, Brexit, and the Rise of Populism,” social scientists Ronald Inglehart and Pippa Norris also locate Trumpism as part of a global right-wing movement that is channeling what they describe as “retro backlash.” This is a feeling “especially among the older generation, white men, and less educated sectors, who sense decline and actively reject the rising tide of progressive values, resent the displacement of familiar traditional norms, and provide a pool of supporters potentially vulnerable to populist appeals.”

Trumpism is doing the work of "accelerationism" — an ideology which holds that the destruction of the existing social order must be hastened, regardless of the human cost, so that a new and “better” world can be created. Trumpism is a means through which a right-wing, reactionary version of accelerationism is being enacted in the United States.

Writing in the Guardian, Andy Beckett summarizes the goals of accelerationist thinkers: “They often favour the deregulation of business, and drastically scaled-back government. They believe that people should stop deluding themselves that economic and technological progress can be controlled. They often believe that social and political upheaval has a value in itself.”

Predictably, white supremacists and other right-wing terrorists have embraced accelerationism because they understand it to be a viable strategy for destroying multiracial society.

Going beyond a conceptual framework, new research shows how backlash politics and accelerationism are lived through and experienced by Trump’s supporters — and make clear that Trump’s hold on them will be difficult if not impossible to break.

In their new award-winning research paper "A 'Need for Chaos' and the Sharing of Hostile Political Rumors in Advanced Democracies,” political scientists Michael Bang Petersen, Mathias Osmundsen and Kevin Arceneaux show that Donald Trump’s supporters are attracted to chaos and want to inflict it on others. They reached this conclusion by surveying a representative sample of approximately 6,000 people in Denmark (a country with comparatively low political polarization) and the United States.

The researchers asked the subjects if they agreed with the following statements:

I fantasize about a natural disaster wiping out most of humanity such that a small group of people can start all over
I think society should be burned to the ground
Sometimes I just feel like destroying beautiful things
There is no right and wrong in the world

The answers were compiled in an index that Petersen, Osmundsen and Arceneaux label as “Need for Chaos.” They do not bode well for liberal democracy. Nearly one in four respondents, 24 percent, agreed that society should be burned to the ground, while a remarkable 40 percent agreed with the statement, “We cannot fix the problems in our social institutions, we need to tear them down and start over.” Similarly, 40 percent agreed with the statement, “When it comes to our political and social institutions, I cannot help thinking ‘just let them all burn.’”

In their paper Petersen, Osmundsen, and Arceneaux describe their findings as "staggering." They write:

The extreme discontent expressed in the “Need for Chaos" scale is a minority view but it is a minority view with incredible amounts of support. … A substantial minority of individuals are so discontent that they are willing to mobilize against the current political order to see if what emerges from the resulting chaos has something better in stock for them.

People who measure high in “Need for Chaos” are also more likely to circulate conspiracy theories online. This is done not out of sincere belief but rather from a desire to cause chaos and confusion.

Right-wing authoritarians — a group that strongly correlates with Trump supporters and Republicans — are also emotionally immature. This is the conclusion of social psychologist Alain Van Hiel and his colleagues in their new paper “The Relationship Between Emotional Abilities and Right-Wing and Prejudiced Attitudes.“ Van Hiel explained his findings to the website PsyPost

The results of this study were univocal. People who endorse authority and strong leaders and who do not mind inequality — the two basic dimensions underlying right-wing political ideology — show lower levels of emotional abilities.

When one includes the findings of other research showing that Trump supporters and other conservatives) are likely to exhibit what psychologists call the “dark triad” of human behavior — Machiavellianism, psychopathy and narcissism — we must consider the possibility of significant political violence if and when Trump is removed from office.

Donald Trump’s movement is a type of political body. The brain consists of ideologues, whether they work in the White House (like Stephen Miller), right-wing think tanks and interest groups, the Republican Party, Fox News and other elite groupings. These people see Trumpism as their best chance to destroy America’s multiracial democracy, profit from environment disaster, gut the social safety net, destroy the commons, slash taxes on the wealthy and large corporations, or (in extreme cases) install a Christian nationalist regime.

The muscles, bones, guts and sinew of Trump’s political body are his coalition of white right-wing evangelicals, white suburbanites who do not care about democracy or the country’s overall health as long as their 401(k) accounts continue to grow, and bigoted, rage-filled members of the infamous “white working class.”

Does Donald Trump’s political body and fascist movement have a heart? Yes. But it is an organ incapable of caring, concern, empathy or concern for human dignity. Nevertheless, the Trumpist heart beats hard and fast.

Last Friday, the Wall Street Journal presented an intimate profile of the beating heart of Trump’s political body. These are his superfans, people who have attended dozens of Trump’s political rallies, traveling all over the country to show devotion to their Great Leader.

Donald Trump is their drug. And like other drugs he fills an emotional, spiritual and intellectual void for his supporters:

All of them describe, in different ways, a euphoric flow of emotions between themselves and the president, a sort of adrenaline-fueled, psychic cleansing that follows 90 minutes of chanting and cheering with 15,000 other like-minded Trump junkies.

“Once you start going, it’s kind of like an addiction, honestly,” said April Owens, a 49-year-old financial manager in Kingsport, Tenn., who has been to 11 rallies. “I love the energy. I wouldn’t stand in line for 26 hours to see any rock band. He’s the only person I would do this for, and I’ll be here as many times as I can.”

Like other addicts, these Donald Trump's supporters convince themselves that their addiction is somehow good and normal:

Just before midnight on the eve of the Cincinnati rally, about two dozen fans lounged in lawn chairs or leaned on metal bike racks, scrolling through their phones and sipping from cans of Coors Light. A soft brown blanket covered Ms. Barten and her 12-year-old granddaughter, who slept sitting up in her camp chair.

The 57-year-old Air Force veteran’s disability check is reduced by $5 every month by an automatic donation to the Trump campaign.

“We’re not rich by any means,” Ms. Barten said. “But I’ll tell you what: When we’re rich in our hearts with our country and our president, we’re richer than anybody.”

Donald Trump delivers human cocaine for his followers. He is is both a cult leader and a political drug dealer. Inevitably, Trump’s voters will come crashing down from their political cocaine high. Unfortunately, they will not suffer alone in well-deserved and hard-earned misery. Instead, we can expect them will lash out against the rest of the American people and the world in a fit of destruction and chaos.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Spot on ^^^

I also feel like puking now
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 pm

lucky420 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Spot on ^^^

I also feel like puking now
Haha. I know what you mean.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:16 am

BBDC3CAF-25FC-4750-AA63-880C8DB3F700.png
Frida Be You & Me

Bless

Post by Bless » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:02 pm

a look of pure genius

Lonesomebri
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Last chance
PSX_20190920_202030.jpg
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 4 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:10 am

Bless wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:07 pm
FIGJAM wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:15 pm

OUR PRESENT SITUATION !

I work in Congress and can tell you that the majority of information contained in this post is factually incorrect.
When you have a minute, would you mind correcting it? I'd be curious to know what is true and what is false.
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Dr. Pyro
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:08 am

Frankly, if you ask me those are pretty reasonable ideas that I can get behind.

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:03 pm

I always thought that when the government closes for lack of an approved, signed budget, every single senator, representative, the president and their entire staff should have their health insurance suspended. If you are in a car accident or have a heart attack, whoops it's not covered and when the government is back operating it's a pre-existing condition. Of course wealthy legislators could just write a check for health care treatment in the gap, but not all legislators are wealthy and none of the staff is.

Congress and the president need to get a focus on passing the budget, it is their #1 job. Negotiation to a solution is hard, but you are paid well now and in the future to do it. No excuses.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:08 am
Frankly, if you ask me those are pretty reasonable ideas that I can get behind.
Totally agree.
JK

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:00 am

“The president of the United States reportedly sought the help of a foreign government against an American citizen who might challenge him for his office. This is the single most important revelation in a scoop by The Wall Street Journal, and if it is true, then President Donald Trump should be impeached and removed from office immediately.“

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... se/598570/
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 am

hey elderberry and doc, there is this thing, it’s called google..

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/28th-amendment/
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 am

I've been an environmental activist on and off since about age 14, the off has been filled with similar bleeding heart causes, democracy and food. I'm inspired by this new generation! I have to love:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/u ... 4?mode=amp (short video)

"Greta Thunberg flips US congressman's climate change claim back at him

Climate activist Greta Thunberg dismisses the suggestion that the US should not tackle climate change if China refuses to, arguing that smaller countries use the same logic with regard to the United States. "

I'm sure there are some other gems in the video of the hearing!

Bless

Post by Bless » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:02 pm

Elderberry wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:10 am
When you have a minute, would you mind correcting it? I'd be curious to know what is true and what is false.
I'll try to do this in as easily discernible fashion as possible.

Please read 28th amendment FALSE THERE IS NO 28TH AMENDMENT TO THE U.S. CONSTITUTION

Children of Congress members do not have to pay back their college student loans. FALSE AND IDIOTIC

https://www.factcheck.org/2011/01/congr ... ent-loans/

Staffers of Congress family members are also exempt from having to pay back student loans. I WISH... FALSE AND IDIOTIC

https://www.factcheck.org/2011/01/congr ... ent-loans/

Members of Congress can retire at full pay after only one term. FALSE

Congressional pensions, like those of other federal employees, are financed through a combination of employee and employer contributions. All Members pay Social Security payroll taxes equal to 6.2% of the Social Security taxable wage base ($132,900 in 2019). Members first covered by FERS prior to 2013 also pay 1.3% of full salary to the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund (CSRDF). Members of Congress first covered by FERS in 2013 contribute 3.1% of pay to the CSRDF. Members of Congress first covered by FERS after 2013 contribute 4.4% of pay to the CSRDF. Members covered by CSRS Offset pay 1.8% of the first $132,900 of salary in 2019, and 8.0% of salary above this amount, into the CSRDF.

Under both CSRS and FERS, Members of Congress are eligible for a pension at the age of 62 if they have completed at least 5 years of service. Members are eligible for a pension at age 50 if they have completed 20 years of service, or at any age after completing 25 years of service. The amount of the pension depends on length of service (as measured in months) and the average of the highest three years of salary. By law, the starting amount of a Member’s retirement annuity may not exceed 80% of his or her final salary.

https://www.senate.gov/CRSpubs/ac0d1dd5 ... 586a89.pdf

Members of Congress have exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed, under which ordinary citizens must live. FALSE AND IDIOTIC

Let's ask our friends William Jefferson: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation ... e-1.414600

Or Randy Duke Cunningham https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... in/442878/

Or Duncan Hunter https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/ ... pense-fund

Or Chris Collins https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

This is somewhat true. Some portions of Congress do not have to participate in the exchanges.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/membe ... alth-care/

There, am I done or do I have to go through the second part, too?

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I'm sure I'm not the only person that will benefit from knowing the truth.
JK

Return to “Open Discussion”