Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.
Canoe

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Post by Canoe » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:18 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:55 pm
... an embattled democracy misses yet another wake-up call. ...
This is crazy!
Calling for total disregard of law.
Stone further earning the commutation of his criminal sentence.
  • Roger Stone to Donald Trump: bring in martial law if you lose election
  • has said Trump should seize total power and jail prominent figures including Bill and Hillary Clinton and Mark Zuckerberg if he loses to Joe Biden in November.
  • “The ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals and taken from the state."
  • Trump told Fox News he would happily “put down” any leftwing protests.
  • In his interview with Fox News, Trump discussed an incident in the city in which US Marshals shot dead a suspect in the killing of a member of a rightwing group. “There has to be retribution when you have crime like this,” Trump said.
Instead, what about having rule of law?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... e-election
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:37 am

“Last night, at about 10:30, reporter Dan Diamond posted another blockbuster story in Politico. Political appointees at the Department of Health and Human Services have been altering the weekly scientific reports issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) following the course of the coronavirus pandemic. They believe the reports are undermining Trump’s cheery pronouncements about the disease, and claim there is a “deep state” at the CDC determined to hurt the president.

Since 1981, career scientists have compiled weekly Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports to inform Americans about trends in disease. These records are not controversial. But in April, Trump passed over scientists to install one of his campaign advisers as assistant secretary of HHS for public affairs. Michael Caputo was a long-time Republican operative, an associate of Roger Stone who had worked for Russia’s Gasprom Media to improve the image of Vladimir Putin in the U.S.

Caputo promptly began trying to change the CDC reports on Covid. Although he has no background in medicine or science, he and his team claim that the scientists are exaggerating the dangers of Covid-19. An aide, Paul Alexander, wrote an email to CDC Director Robert Redfield calling for retroactive modifications to two reports, saying, “CDC to me appears to be writing hit pieces on the administration.” Alexander, recruited by Caputo from his position as an assistant professor of health research at Hamiliton’s McMaster University in Canada, has demanded that the CDC stop issuing reports until he is given the right to review them before publication and to make line edits.

“Our intention is to make sure that evidence, science-based data drives policy through this pandemic—not ulterior deep state motives in the bowels of CDC," Caputo said.

The attack on transparency at the CDC echoes Trump’s attempt to protect acting director of Homeland Security Chad Wolf from testifying before the House Intelligence Committee. On Wednesday, a whistleblower filed a complaint that Wolf and his deputy Ken Cuccinelli have been pressuring intelligence officials to change their reports to bolster Trump’s campaign speeches. Rather than releasing the actual findings of intelligence experts that America’s chief threats come from white supremacists and Russian attacks on the 2020 election, Trump’s men want the intelligence reports altered to suggest that left-wing violence is equal to that of the right-wing thugs, and that Iran and China are as guilty of election interference as the Russians.

Since June, the House Homeland Security Committee has tried to get Wolf to testify before it about worldwide threats to the United States, and it had appeared that he had finally agreed to come on September 17. After Wednesday’s publication of the whistleblower complaint though, the administration did something sneaky to try to keep the House from being able to make him testify.

Trump never officially nominated Wolf for the position he holds, both because keeping his officials “acting” means they are beholden to him, and because Wolf would have a hard time winning confirmation because he had no experience with either law enforcement or intelligence, which the law requires in a Director of Homeland Security. But, thanks to a quirk in the law, Wolf could move into an acting position so long as he had been confirmed by the Senate for a different position. The day the Senate confirmed him as a DHS undersecretary, the resigning acting DHS director switched the line of succession in the department to let Wolf move into the directorship. But, according to the Government Accountability Office, the man who switched the line of succession was himself appointed illegally, and so therefore had no authority to install either Wolf or his deputy, Ken Cuccinelli. So they are both serving illegally.

I know. Clear as mud, right?“

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... er-12-2020
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:01 am

Roger Stone can suck our dry dusty balls out here In Nevada.

Crime grandpa held a cute little rally out here in Minden (Bout 50 miles from Reno). Our airport authority told him no, so he moved to one of our lovely righty whitey uptighty racist burgs. For the most part they love his smelly anus and welcomed him with loving arms and unmasked mouths agape.

Oh and that teenage witch actress Melissa Joan fart is filming a a Xmas movie there too.

How quaint
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:48 pm

"What else could you call an act that because of its negligence results in the death of others?" he said. "If you have a mass gathering now in the United States in a place like Nevada or just about any other place with hundreds of thousands of people, people will get infected and some of those people will die."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... e-will-die
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:47 am

“What we argue, and which has been blessed by some constitutional scholars, is, look, the right to vote should not be burdened like this. You shouldn’t have to choose your life or your health, over staying at home and being safe and not voting at all. The concern I have is that that’s the object of the current administration, to put it kindly.”

https://billmoyers.com/story/neither-sn ... s-goliath/
Frida Be You & Me

Lonesomebri
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Listen up!
PSX_20200914_200214.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 4 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 am

“To see what I mean about acting as if there’s no next year, consider the large (and illegal) indoor rally Trump held Sunday in Nevada.
Before the release of Bob Woodward’s new book, you might have argued that Trump doesn’t believe the science and didn’t realize that his event might well sicken and kill many people. But we now know that he’s well aware of the risks, and has been all along. He just doesn’t care.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/opin ... biden.html
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:25 am
“To see what I mean about acting as if there’s no next year, consider the large (and illegal) indoor rally Trump held Sunday in Nevada.
Before the release of Bob Woodward’s new book, you might have argued that Trump doesn’t believe the science and didn’t realize that his event might well sicken and kill many people. But we now know that he’s well aware of the risks, and has been all along. He just doesn’t care.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/opin ... biden.html
Parlez-vous scorched earth?

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:32 pm

F16DD05F-86F0-4013-8F20-85848CEB368E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:32 am

Arguably the most outspoken former administration official is ex-Department of Homeland Security Chief of Staff Miles Taylor, who claims Trump promised to pardon officials who broke the law, sought to fire an official for testifying on Russian election interference, sought to withhold wildfire aid to California for partisan reasons and claimed “magical authorities” beyond the law.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... joe-biden/
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:05 pm

You think he helped Al Gore invent the internet?
Consciousness contains all Multiverse
The Singularity cannot be hacked
The Divine Programmer manifests Love
Phenomena radiates it back
With Immaculate power and humble Grace
We Burn down Samsara
At Home, this must be the Place

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Perpetual Burn wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:05 pm
You think COVID is a hoax, you fucking moron.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:20 pm

^^^

M F Bonz
Burning Since: 1999

Post by M F Bonz » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Oops... I dropped something.
Just Fishing.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:13 am

[quote=Bless post_id=1203906 time=1600467729 user_id=80676]
[quote="Perpetual Burn" post_id=1203900 time=1600463148 user_id=91598]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It's just another flu... but not as deadly...

The numbers are a lie as the CDC has admitted to... if you die of anything with Covid, whether or not Covid is the actual cause, it gets labeled "Covid related."

So, there's no way to know how deadly it is... but even those fake numbers aren't as high as the regular flu... which we've never worn masks for nor shut down businesses or made curfews or had lockdowns... or bailed out Wall Street with $3 trillion...

The working class continues to get f*cked while Jeff Bezos is up $98+ billion this year.

Because of the way anti-Trumpers have used this weak ass flu to sabotage the economy in attempt to make Trump look bad so the Blue team can win the Presidency...

It's just another shameful chapter in American history and wearing a mask isn't doing jack sh*t to stop it because it has obviously made it all the way around the world already.

So, thanks for your continued hateful bearing of false witness... you really need Jesus as they say, because your petty slandering makes you seem like you've completely wasted the abundant Grace God has Blessed you with.

Peace & Love... hope you can figure out how to be happy one day. :coffee:
Consciousness contains all Multiverse
The Singularity cannot be hacked
The Divine Programmer manifests Love
Phenomena radiates it back
With Immaculate power and humble Grace
We Burn down Samsara
At Home, this must be the Place

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:42 am

“I want to emphasize that these are not gauzy hypotheticals. If Republicans force a nominee from President Donald Trump onto the Supreme Court and Democrats win control of Congress and the presidency, the events I have described are the political equivalent of the physical law that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. There is simply no way congressional Democrats are going to smile ruefully at their Republican colleagues and let bygones be bygones. There will be retribution, and that retribution will be expressly calculated to teach Republicans the meaning of powerlessness. It won’t be pretty to watch. It won’t be good for the country. But it will happen, nonetheless.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 842050002/
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:58 am

Bless wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:22 pm
Perpetual Burn wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:05 pm
I don't know why you haven't plonked it yet.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 am

Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:42 am
“I want to emphasize that these are not gauzy hypotheticals. If Republicans force a nominee from President Donald Trump onto the Supreme Court and Democrats win control of Congress and the presidency, the events I have described are the political equivalent of the physical law that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. There is simply no way congressional Democrats are going to smile ruefully at their Republican colleagues and let bygones be bygones. There will be retribution, and that retribution will be expressly calculated to teach Republicans the meaning of powerlessness. It won’t be pretty to watch. It won’t be good for the country. But it will happen, nonetheless.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 842050002/
I don't think there's any bona fide political philosopher who would think that "pissing off the libtards" would be a practical long-term political goal.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:27 am

what do they have on lindsey graham?

something fabulous, i reckon.

"I want you to use my words against me," the South Carolina Republican said. "If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/opinions ... index.html
Frida Be You & Me

DoctorIknow
Burning Since: 1998

Post by DoctorIknow » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:16 pm

Sept 2020 had me thinking of the movie "Brazil." Found it at www.criterionchannel.com.

In a running commentary during the 2 hour film by Terry Gilliam (an "extra" feature pulled from the old laser disc offering) he says this at one point:

"...My original ideas about the film: the Ministry didn't know whether there were terrorists out there or not because of the years they had so many counter agents and counter-counter agents out there and agent provocateurs who maybe set explosions to lure people in. The people lost track of whether there really were terrorists or not but the important thing was that the belief in terrorists had to be maintained to allow the ministry to continue to survive.

Originally, the film was called "The Ministry." It was really about the survival of an organism: a great bureaucracy like that will do anything to keep itself going and sometimes in this world it seemed to me people were more willing to believe in the terrorists than in the inefficiency of the technological system which constantly is blowing up and going wrong and it's how you choose to see the world is what it's about and we do it every day of our lives who make assumptions that Sam constantly is doing and has proved wrong..."

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 am

2D971B27-BF6E-4A8C-8B10-3945FCB4BECE.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 am

Oklahoma City: David Holt (R)
Jacksonville: Lenny Curry (R)
Miami: Francis X. Suarez (R)
Forth Worth: Betsy Price (R)

Let me guess....

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:43 am

97E6AA88-570C-460F-80CF-086580AF9742.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:26 am

The dems better go nuclear :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo