Burning Man Screwed me! How about you?

All things outside of Burning Man.
BurningManScrewedme

Post by BurningManScrewedme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:13 pm

Never thought this company would stoop to these lows... read below, then read the answer I got from "Samantha" at the BORG:

Original message:
Your order MAY have completed.

I would like to get a refund of $60 due to your server generating the above message. I got this message at 10:00am I was among the first 250 orders in line.. I was DEFIANTLY WELL with in the first 9000 tickets. According to the message above, it APPEARED that my order went through. When I called to check the status of my purchase, later that day, the rep on the other end of the phone stated that my order HAD NOT completed.
When I went to purchase tickets again, it was too late as the first 9000 tickets were already sold. I feel I am deserving of a refund of $60 as your servers did not take my order when in fact I was VERY MUCH in the right position to get 2 of the first 9000 tickets.

"Samantha's"response from the BORG:
In response to your support request, SAMANTHA of Burning Man Tickets writes:

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately, your request has been denied and we cannot authorize a refund at this time. I do understand your frustration however the issues you were experiencing were out of our control.

Samantha

---

If you were screwed by the BORG during your ticket puchase, write to me at:
burningmanscrewedme(at)gmail.com

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:18 pm

I can understand your frustration. I was just wondering when these posts would start appearing.

As a business owner myself, I think a more appropriate response would have been for them to accomodate those that were inconvenienced bacause of the ticketing snafu. She states that it was 'out of their control'. My question is then who's control was it under? The ticketing agency? In which case they are paying them to inconvenience their (BM's) customers?

If they actually believe that it is the ticketing agency's fault, imo they should do what is necessary to make their customers happy then go after the agency for their loses. There really is no excuse for what happened.

I guess if the $60 means that much to you, you could always sue them in small claims court.

Oh and maybe you should consider changing your eplaya name and participating a bit more here to cultivate a more friendly relationship. This is a pretty antagonistic way to try and evoke sympathy and coerce a refund. Remember--flies/honey/vinegar!

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Caveat emptor

LisaLuckyOne

Re: Burning Man Screwed me! How about you?

Post by LisaLuckyOne » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 pm

BurningManScrewedme wrote:I feel I am deserving...
Of course you do, dear.
It's better to be Lucky!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Jesus Mike, you want a little cheese with that whine? We live in an imperfect world. Things don't always go your way. Get over it. Others should not have to pay over your misfortune. Suck it up. Now you know why conservatives hate liberals and lawyers.

BurningManScrewedme

Post by BurningManScrewedme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:39 pm

YOU get over it morons... this is a classic tale of bait and switch.. has NOTHING to do with the $$. Has EVERYTHING to do with what is right and what is wrong. I have been wronged as MANY out there have... by the BORG this year.. difference I am not going to just sit here, bend over and take it like the rest of you.

BurningManScrewedme

Post by BurningManScrewedme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:47 pm

You make a great point... Thank you...

I am tired of being screwed by "the system"...... This would be my 12th Burn in a row and BY FAR the WORST ticketing snafu EVER!

I won't stop till I get my $60... I know several others that were screwed as well & I am encouraging them to hit the BORG to get their cash as well. This is a FAR larger issue than the BORG is making out to be.

I talked to the ticketing agency (IN TICKETS), they say that they need the BORGS approval to pay me back and the CORPORATE YAHOO'S at the BORG are starting to become another freaking Microsoft. Where they have these 'rules' that Bob in accounting has to approve before Samantha in customer relations will be able to issue my refund or some other happy crap.

If I don't get my $60. Those past 12 years will be my last.

I go to the Burn to get AWAY from corporate America. When corporate America comes to the Burn, its time to leave.

----

[quote="jkisha"]I can understand your frustration. I was just wondering when these posts would start appearing.

As a business owner myself, I think a more appropriate response would have been for them to accomodate those that were inconvenienced bacause of the ticketing snafu. She states that it was 'out of their control'. My question is then who's control was it under? The ticketing agency? In which case they are paying them to inconvenience their (BM's) customers?

If they actually believe that it is the ticketing agency's fault, imo they should do what is necessary to make their customers happy then go after the agency for their loses. There really is no excuse for what happened.

I guess if the $60 means that much to you, you could always sue them in small claims court.

Oh and maybe you should consider changing your eplaya name and participating a bit more here to cultivate a more friendly relationship. This is a pretty antagonistic way to try and evoke sympathy and coerce a refund. Remember--flies/honey/vinegar!

JK[/quote]

LisaLuckyOne

Post by LisaLuckyOne » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:00 pm

BurningManScrewedme wrote:If I don't get my $60. Those past 12 years will be my last.
Buh-bye.
It's better to be Lucky!

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:35 pm

it's a race. Get on your marks, get set go... The message you received said "maybe" in hindsite you should have ordered 2 more right then. You know they will only end up charging you for 2 tickets because thats all you can buy at that tier.

I understand your frustration, but I don't think you "deserve" anything.

Do you have any sort of contract that states you are deserving?

Sorry it went bad for ya, but since you have tickets come on by and I'll give you a nice drink on playa.

Remember tictets did the same thing, what 3 years ago?? It got a lot better, so we expected it to work. Either way, 9000 tickets sold in a couple hours. quite a demand.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

BurningManScrewedme

Post by BurningManScrewedme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Actually, no, I didn't know I could only buy 2 tickets at that tier.

Thank you for your kindness.. there ARE still people in this world that are kind and aren't out to BAIT AND SWITCH LIKE THE FUCKING BORG!.

If I don't get the $60, I won't be on the playa, first time in 12 years.

My personal experience in the past have been FAR better than the ticket bullshit I have had this year.... Possibly my last year.

[quote="wedeliver"]it's a race. Get on your marks, get set go... The message you received said "maybe" in hindsite you should have ordered 2 more right then. You know they will only end up charging you for 2 tickets because thats all you can buy at that tier.

Sorry it went bad for ya, but since you have tickets come on by and I'll give you a nice drink on playa.

Remember tictets did the same thing, what 3 years ago?? It got a lot better, so we expected it to work. Either way, 9000 tickets sold in a couple hours. quite a demand.[/quote]

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:00 pm

I guess you didn't read the website, Huh?

http://tickets.burningman.com/
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

BurningManScrewedme

Post by BurningManScrewedme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:02 pm

Hey Richard!, Stop being a dick!

Box Burner wrote:I guess you didn't read the website, Huh?

http://tickets.burningman.com/

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:03 pm

BurningManScrewedme wrote:Actually, no, I didn't know I could only buy 2 tickets at that tier.

Thank you for your kindness.. there ARE still people in this world that are kind and aren't out to BAIT AND SWITCH LIKE THE FUCKING BORG!.

If I don't get the $60, I won't be on the playa, first time in 12 years.

My personal experience in the past have been FAR better than the ticket bullshit I have had this year.... Possibly my last year.

Ya gotta turn on BBCode for the quote to work. me thinks.

Dude, you got the tickets, right? fate is more important then when. It will be here. now. Take deep breaths. Take a deep toke, a couple more deep breaths.. another toke. yeah. bummer, and think of the fool who got your tickets. Wow. it could be the person you are meant to meet there. wow.; fuck its burning man you might die out there in the desert.

If you do have your head that far up your ass that you cannot be excited that you do have tickets, tickets that cannot be purchased at that tier anymore either. I don't know, go put on a pair of womens panties, might make you feeeel different about it all.

(I respond because I do feel your pain, my cuz had the same problem and she works for the city so every minute she sat at the computer was stressful)

wedeliver wrote:it's a race. Get on your marks, get set go... The message you received said "maybe" in hindsite you should have ordered 2 more right then. You know they will only end up charging you for 2 tickets because thats all you can buy at that tier.

Remember tictets did the same thing, what 3 years ago?? It got a lot better, so we expected it to work. Either way, 9000 tickets sold in a couple hours. quite a demand.
[/quote]

fucking editing has a mind of its own... whheeee

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

BurningManScrewedme

Post by BurningManScrewedme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:17 pm

I don't get excited about being fucked up the ass by the BORG and IN-TICKETS. What's this? The New World Order?

In the past the fuck heads at the BORG WOULD give a refund.. what the hell is going on now? Larry need to buy more fucking cigarettes? What's he need the money for anyway, he is going to die of lung-cancer soon enough... I am certain.

Pissed off Burner.

-----
If you do have your head that far up your ass that you cannot be excited that you do have tickets, tickets that cannot be purchased at that tier anymore either. I don't know, go put on a pair of womens panties, might make you feeeel different about it all.

(I respond because I do feel your pain, my cuz had the same problem and she works for the city so every minute she sat at the computer was stressful)

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:43 pm

So you think you were targeted? Are you more deserving of a refund, then myself, or my cuz, or anyone else out there? Do we feel screwed? No, we might be bummed that the system went to shit, but hey what goes around comes around.

You don't think it was an over loaded system to which you were contributing. With your, I need it now, I gotta get the best deal or I won't go. Where's my ball, I want my ball and I'm going home and then you won't have my balls to play with. Cause "I'm ottahere" says Cartman.
BurningManScrewedme wrote:I don't get excited about being fucked up the ass by the BORG and IN-TICKETS. What's this? The New World Order?

In the past the fuck heads at the BORG WOULD give a refund.. what the hell is going on now? Larry need to buy more fucking cigarettes? What's he need the money for anyway, he is going to die of lung-cancer soon enough... I am certain.

Pissed off Burner.

-----

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Unfortunately, after 12 years of participating, deciding not to go because of this incident would be more like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think you will have more to lose than BMORG.

I tend to side with you on this issue, though I think you are not going about resolving it properly.

Had we not had two computers in cue and invested five hours time, I doubt we would have gotten level one tickets either. Would we have complained? Probably. Would we have persued it with BMORG, I doubt it. I guess you could also look at ticket sales the same way you look at everything else on the playa--you plan for the unexpected.

Good luck. I hope it doesn't prevent you from attending regardless of how it works out.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

BurningManScrewedme

Post by BurningManScrewedme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 pm

I am deserving of a refund, cause I bitched the loudest...
"The system went to shit" is NO excuse.. because I DID make the purchase AND paid via PayPal AND/OR Credit card. I was the 250'th in line.
I don't give a rats ass that the system was overloaded... So be it. Not MY problem... its the BORGS for using In-Tickets, if they cannot handle the load, then they need to go with someone who can.
I am the CUSTOMER and as a customer I am protected by certain rights, first and foremost is that this is a classic case of bait-and-switch.

Any yes, I want my fucking ball.

[quote="wedeliver"]So you think you were targeted? Are you more deserving of a refund, then myself, or my cuz, or anyone else out there? Do we feel screwed? No, we might be bummed that the system went to shit, but hey what goes around comes around.

You don't think it was an over loaded system to which you were contributing. With your, I need it now, I gotta get the best deal or I won't go. Where's my ball, I want my ball and I'm going home and then you won't have my balls to play with. Cause "I'm ottahere" says Cartman.

[quote="BurningManScrewedme"]I don't get excited about being fucked up the ass by the BORG and IN-TICKETS. What's this? The New World Order?

Pissed off Burner.

-----

(I respond because I do feel your pain, my cuz had the same problem and she works for the city so every minute she sat at the computer was stressful)[/quote][/quote]

CapSmashy
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Hell yeah! I deserve a refund too since I had to buy three tickets and was unfairly excluded from a tier one or tier two ticket purchase!

Is it my fault I have 3 people in my family? Why does BORG hate families?

I waited my turn in line only to be denied cheap tickets for planning ahead and ordering early.

I think I will sue for the ticket price difference and the waste of my time I sat there waiting to be denied and discriminated against by BORG for having a family.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.

MozyBonz

Post by MozyBonz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:56 pm

I haven’t been on line for hours!
I never clicked on anything to buy any tickets!
So I received no conformation!
And no charge is on my card!!!
I plan on going to a Walk-in Ticket Outlet
and buying my tickets
in March when they go on sale.
I pay FULL price.

Think of it this way

You just ran into a dome in a camp (eplaya) where
none knows you. And started crying about
not getting a low cost ticket.

You clearly have no clue.

12 years ……you should know better then.

Time for someone else to get your low cost ticket.

“Karmaâ€

BurningManScrewedme

Post by BurningManScrewedme » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Eat my shit Mozy!

[quote="MozyBonz"]I haven’t been on line for hours!
and buying my tickets
I pay[b] FULL[/b] price.

Think of it this way

“Karmaâ€

ibdave

Post by ibdave » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:00 pm

You know what??? Fucking go cry on TRIBE.... Jezzzz just get home and see you crying and bitching all over.. This is year 12 for me also, your a disgusting burner to be all in the BMORG face about 60 fucking bucks... Shit Man, go to the corner and cry yourself out.............. 60 fucking bucks...... shezzzzzzzzzz :roll: :shock: :!:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:00 pm

[quote="MozyBonz"]I haven’t been on line for hours!
and buying my tickets
I pay FULL price.

Think of it this way

“Karmaâ€

ibdave

Post by ibdave » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:02 pm

* pulls out my recliner and toss some popcorn into the microwave*[/quote]

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:02 pm

ibdave wrote:You know what??? Fucking go cry on TRIBE.... Jezzzz just get home and see you crying and bitching all over.. This is year 12 for me also, your a disgusting burner to be all in the BMORG face about 60 fucking bucks... Shit girl, go to the corner and cry yourself out.............. 60 fucking bucks...... shezzzzzzzzzz :roll: :shock: :!:
ACK! Another one! Larombie! Larombies everywhere!

Wait... "this is year 12"?

Soooooooo... does this mean you are officially coming out this year? :)

ibdave

Post by ibdave » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:06 pm

CapSmashy wrote:
ibdave wrote:You know what??? Fucking go cry on TRIBE.... Jezzzz just get home and see you crying and bitching all over.. This is year 12 for me also, your a disgusting burner to be all in the BMORG face about 60 fucking bucks... Shit girl, go to the corner and cry yourself out.............. 60 fucking bucks...... shezzzzzzzzzz :roll: :shock: :!:
ACK! Another one! Larombie! Larombies everywhere!

Wait... "this is year 12"?

Soooooooo... does this mean you are officially coming out this year? :)
You'll have to wait to see if I walk into your camp.... 8) 8) 8)

MozyBonz

Post by MozyBonz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:06 pm

evil Larry minion plant

Never.

I'm not one to follow.

I blaze my own trail.... you know that.

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:08 pm

ibdave wrote:You'll have to wait to see if I walk into your camp.... 8) 8) 8)
:lol: You mean sneak in and moop it? :D

ibdave

Post by ibdave » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:08 pm

I guess he went to the corner....

* hands the popcorn to Mozy** Throws popcorn at Cap*

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:09 pm

MozyBonz wrote:evil Larry minion plant

Never.

I'm not one to follow.

I blaze my own trail.... you know that.
Shhhhhhh... you're blowing my cover.

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:11 pm

**turns on fan and blows popcorn back at Dave**

Return to “Open Discussion”