Carrie Prejean and Gay Rights: new Ms Palin for the Right!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Gay Marriage

For
44%
For
44%
against
6%
against
6%

Total votes: 32

BlackRockCowboy

Post by BlackRockCowboy » Tue May 12, 2009 12:15 pm

I guess I do understand the cases above. And that is a good argument for gay marraige. I think you need an active Power of Attorney and make sure your Will and beneficiaries are all in a row until it does become legal.

However, let me propose my jilted outlook on marraige - to a male or female. (I am against marraige period at this point in my life.)

Why would an entire group of people want to be married? Why would you want to commit to one person for the rest of your life? Yeah, sure, it's romantic and sweet. But, why subject yourself to the pain and agony that goes along with it?

Let's take me for example:

Why would I sign a piece of paper giving another person the right to half of everything I worked for and earned immediately after the paper is signed. I mean, this person can do NOTHING for the marraige and NOTHING for the family, abuse you mentally, physically, sexually, financially and emotionally. Then when there is NOTHING of you left, THEY can decide to leave and are entitled to half of everything you had BEFORE you were married. They are also entitled to half of your time with your kids that you were the responsible 24/7 parent while they were out taking care of another man's needs that they refused to do for you. Sorry, folks, I do not trust that someone will be with you for better or worse.

All because they changed their mind??? Give me a break. If you think Heterosexual divorce is ugly, just wait until there are two Queens going after the family jewels!!

I think you can tell I am a little bitter. That is why my art installation is entitled "Death to the Ex!"

Gay or straight marraige - you will not find me partaking in that ritual legal or not. You may find me in a commited relationship gay or straight, as long as it is open sexually. But what is mine, by God is mine. I will share it until you decide to leave, but you leave with the white trash shit you brought to the relationship.

For those of you that feel discriminated against, I feel for you.....I don't understand you, but I do feel for you.

Have faith, it is only a matter of time before it is legalized. Look how far you have come in the last few years.

Cowboy
First timer looking for a camp to contribute to, PM if interested. Open-Minded

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue May 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Jack Mormons are still far more entertaining than Jack Christians.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Tue May 12, 2009 2:36 pm

BlackRockCowboy wrote:.........
I think it is very sad that the Gay movement does not allow for anyone to have an opposing opinion of them. ........
Humm, I read those words and I got a weird feeling up my spine.

As a "Born again christian" how do you feel if people have an "opposing opinion" of you?

If we respect each other we won't oppose each other.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue May 12, 2009 3:01 pm

The existence of bitter divorces, both hetero-- and homosexual, does nothing to take away from the fact that many people find their marraiges work for them.

Of course, we could always have the state do civil unions and churchs do marraiges for whatever persons they choose.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

BlackRockCowboy

Post by BlackRockCowboy » Tue May 12, 2009 3:09 pm

I deal with people everyday that have a "different" opinion than I do.

Personally, anyone that disagrees with me is entitled to believe what they want. It does not mean I wish them any ill will or that I think they will be sticken by lightning.

Let's be honest, my lifestyle is at odds with my own die hard christian friends. That does not mean I hate them or think they are stupid for their beliefs. I used to feel the same way until circumstances in my life made me realize that there is more to life than what I think or was exposed to.

What I mean is, there are all kinds of people in this world. There will be all kinds of people in heaven. There will be Baptists, Catholics, Mormans, Gays, Jews, etc. Just because you were taught one specific thing does not mean that is the only way in life. Too many times, people do not look outside their comfort zone to understand those around them. If they are different, then they are wierd.

When it comes to my worship with God. That is a personal thing. I do not need to conform to the thinking of any one person or religion. It is just me and God.

I strongly believe that the people that do not believe in homosexuality are hung up on the action not the person. To me, a person is a person, not what they do in their bedroom. For example: If I have a friend, they are a friend. What they do in their bedroom is their business. Now if they grab my junk....then I have to decide if I want them to - male or female. Regardless, they will still be my friend or child for that matter.

I know that I am a major contradiction. How can I be a born again christian and be bi-sexual?? My God, that's impossible, right? Wrong! It is my life and I choose to believe and act as I want to. I ultimately and responsible for my actions and my relationship with God. Sterotypically, I can't exist. But aren't we all about breaking down the stereotypes? I believe in a God of love, one that would want me to invite the hooker on the corner to church, not shun her.

In the end, I worry about what I do, not the guy down the street. I am not trying to change anyone's mind I am just throwing my two cents into the discussion, well and I like to hear myself type....LOL

Cowboy

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue May 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Well this sure has turned into a dull and boring thread. Nobody has said anything I can disagree with in the last 5-10 posts.

But I'd sure like to know who the ignorant, dumb, uneducated bigots were that voted against gay marriage in the poll!!!! :shock: :lol: :wink:

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue May 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Hey BlackRockCowboy....any chance you wanna take a Bible quiz ???
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

chiefdanfox

Post by chiefdanfox » Tue May 12, 2009 11:30 pm

BlackRockCowboy wrote:I guess I do understand the cases above. And that is a good argument for gay marriage. I think you need an active Power of Attorney and make sure your Will and beneficiaries are all in a row until it does become legal...
The POA does not necessarily afford the same protection as marriage, and a POA is inherently unequal. This is not a protection of marriage issue, or more succinctly put, a protection of unequal entitlement issue, this is an equality issue.

The Law should be gender blind. Where we are right now is ole lady justice gets to adjust her blindfold. I guess that is O.K.? The scales of justice are subject to a butcher's thumb? I guess we are not so far from Afghanistan.

BlackRockCowboy

Post by BlackRockCowboy » Wed May 13, 2009 4:42 am

Chief -

I guess i really see where you are coming from now.

In my divorce, the courts favored the woman as the primary care giver of the kids even though it was not the case. Simply because she was a woman. They did not want to consider the facts about her. I would of had to have documented everything she did throughout our marraige to make any kind of difference. When you are married to someone, why would you document their behavior?

I found that the courts were biased against me because stereotypically a woman takes care of her kids.

In the end I do get my kids everyday even though "on paper" it is 50/50(which I had to fight to get that much on paper).

Thanks for explaining the situation better to me, it is just something that I have not been exposed to.

Cowboy

joel the ornery
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Wed May 13, 2009 8:21 am

can we get back on the subject of her breasts?

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed May 13, 2009 8:58 am

Joel her breast are fake! That should disqualify her automatically!
BlackRockCowboy wrote:Chief -

I guess i really see where you are coming from now.

In my divorce, the courts favored the woman as the primary care giver of the kids even though it was not the case. Simply because she was a woman. They did not want to consider the facts about her. I would of had to have documented everything she did throughout our marraige to make any kind of difference. When you are married to someone, why would you document their behavior?

I found that the courts were biased against me because stereotypically a woman takes care of her kids.

In the end I do get my kids everyday even though "on paper" it is 50/50(which I had to fight to get that much on paper).

Thanks for explaining the situation better to me, it is just something that I have not been exposed to.
statistic have proven that woman are 50% of all bad traditional marriages!

I always knew we can get BRCowB over to our side.

Reborn Christains are so easy then again so are scientologists!

Marraige is a legal contract therefore any legal contract can not discriminate against same sex relationships. They do not wish to be recognized any church or god that relates to the Judeo/Christian/Muslim doctrine.

quite frankly, what gay would want to since those religions are the source of their problems any way.

I know they would be accepted in my religion. Even if same-sex marriages are not "Traditional" since we don't have the written definitive dogma of bible.

AIIZ

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Wed May 13, 2009 9:04 am

would it matter if she had dentures?

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed May 13, 2009 9:20 am

Joel for your needs it would better if she didn't have any teeth.

Am I right on this one?

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Wed May 13, 2009 9:22 am

needs?

actually, i am not sure what i would do with someone like prejean... but i'm willing to give it the "old college try."

BlackRockCowboy

Post by BlackRockCowboy » Wed May 13, 2009 11:31 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmmm.......how did you know? People ask me if I am gay. I say "I am not gay, i am not Straight - I am just Easy!"

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed May 13, 2009 12:31 pm

joel the ornery wrote:needs?

actually, i am not sure what i would do with someone like prejean... but i'm willing to give it the "old college try."
A few shots of your favorite and its like riding a bike. Push this here, put your hands on these two and keep your weight over the center and GO!

BlackRockCowboy wrote:

[/quote]

Hmmmm.......how did you know? People ask me if I am gay. I say "I am not gay, i am not Straight - I am just Easy!"[/quote]I know a woman who's easy as monday morning. you two will get along with just fine!

AIIZ

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 pm

BlackRockCowboy wrote:

[/quote]

Hmmmm.......how did you know? People ask me if I am gay. I say "I am not gay, i am not Straight - I am just Easy!"[/quote]

Yes, but are you good looking? :lol:

JK
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

dr.placebo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Wed May 13, 2009 2:03 pm

I have some alternative proposals. Future Miss Cali contestants will be required to:
  • participate in the topless competition. There will be two categories: Natural and Enhanced.

have at least one, but no more than three, politically embarrassing opinions.

pose with loose fitting clothing in high winds.

hold at least two strongly conflicting views, and to state them in the same sentence.
Feel free to recommend additional requirements.

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed May 13, 2009 2:26 pm

dr.placebo wrote:I have some alternative proposals. Future Miss Cali contestants will be required to:
  • participate in the topless competition. There will be two categories: Natural and Enhanced.

have at least one, but no more than three, politically embarrassing opinions.

hold at least two strongly conflicting views, and to state them in the same sentence.
Feel free to recommend additional requirements.
be strong enough to slap the shit out of people or reporters who ask stupid questions
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Wed May 13, 2009 2:56 pm

ygmir wrote:
be strong enough to slap the shit out of people or reporters who ask stupid questions

with thier titties.

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed May 13, 2009 4:41 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:
ygmir wrote:

with thier titties.

good add....thanks OED
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

mabu

Post by mabu » Thu May 14, 2009 11:42 am

BlackRockCowboy wrote: 2nd - I am a Born again christian.

Also, I will never marry a man or a woman again for that matter.
Uh oh, you made imaginary jeebus cry:

Matthew 19:6:
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Thu May 14, 2009 12:11 pm

dr.placebo wrote:
I just want to know where they found that "wind" that only blows clothes and not hair???

JK
JK

Marscrumbs

Beauty Hurts.

Post by Marscrumbs » Thu May 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Unless the pagent feared she would go out and marry the runner up in a lesbian union, why did they ask? Much of her new conservative support comes from the perception that she lost because of what she answered.

I remember Lesbians in the 70's outside the Miss California pagent in Santa Cruz running topless in protest to everything beauty pagents stood for, and the girls didn't get it then. Just jealous they would say. Totally different cultures.

Now if we can get Barack to give up the throne unless he changes his views...

dr.placebo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Thu May 14, 2009 6:55 pm

jkisha wrote:I just want to know where they found that "wind" that only blows clothes and not hair???
Maybe she walked in front of a leaf-blower?

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Fri May 15, 2009 7:48 am

I'm so sad...nobody would second the motion to have a Carie Prejean Miss California day. BooHoo.

and did you hear the one about Busty "Barbie-Q", a maniquen that was out if front of K.T.'s Bar-B-Que and the owner was cited for indecent exposure because she was dressed in a bikini! (facts close to being accurate)

JK
JK

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Fri May 15, 2009 7:49 am

dr.placebo wrote:
jkisha wrote:I just want to know where they found that "wind" that only blows clothes and not hair???
Maybe she walked in front of a leaf-blower?
Ya, that's the ticket! :wink:

JK
JK

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:50 pm

She's Fired!

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:56 pm

jkisha wrote:I'm so sad...nobody would second the motion to have a Carie Prejean Miss California day. BooHoo.

and did you hear the one about Busty "Barbie-Q", a maniquen that was out if front of K.T.'s Bar-B-Que and the owner was cited for indecent exposure because she was dressed in a bikini! (facts close to being accurate)

JK
You/re kidding me? did it have life like sexual organs?

Return to “Open Discussion”