44 coal ash storage pits???

All things outside of Burning Man.
unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

44 coal ash storage pits???

Post by unjonharley » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:49 pm

The goverment is hidding the lacation of 44 danger filled coal ash storage pit..

These pit have killed in the recent past. They will kill again if you or others live anywhere near them.

If you know the location of any coal ask storage pit. Please tell everyone if you know where they are hidden. GPS.

The core of engineers has not inspected any in years. They are toxic dams waiting to break in the night and kill as the muck spreads over the land.

Your goverment has calulated and excepted the number of people each dam may kill. Thanks to the bunch of rich asses for this mess.. Help to spread the word to your fellow man

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Is this like the one in Tennessee last year?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:30 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Is this like the one in Tennessee last year?
That's the one (T.V.A.) that started the gov looking into them.. Now the gov wants to hide there location from the public..They are in someones back yard and could kill at anytime.

It will cost the power companys a bunch to clean up. So the feds (aka power lobby) told Obomber, theres a risk terroist will blow them before they break by themself.

I'm calling Bull Shit

Playa Tom

Clean Coal the Power of the Future

Post by Playa Tom » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:26 pm

There was a proposal by Sempra Energy to build a huge coal powered generator a few miles west of Gerlach. A lot of people put in much time and effort and Sempra abandoned the idea. When you go to Burning Man breath deep, you breathing pure clean air (with a little playa dust) and no clean coal.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Re: Clean Coal the Power of the Future

Post by mdmf007 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Playa Tom wrote:There was a proposal by Sempra Energy to build a huge coal powered generator a few miles west of Gerlach. A lot of people put in much time and effort and Sempra abandoned the idea. When you go to Burning Man breath deep, you breathing pure clean air (with a little playa dust) and no clean coal.
Sempra was shut down by tranportation costs, a billion dollar project in the middle of nowhere is not getting shut down by a few protestors.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 am

I hate to pass out credit to this guy, but our beloved novelty governer did sign into law something that said that if you're going to sell electricity in CA you have to have some percentage of it be renewable resources. (I don't remember the specifics, so I"m being a bit loose with details.) Without a market, it just became a folly.
And so you know, Sempra decided not to build a plant there, but still has some sort of rights to it. It could sell to another company, perhaps one already invested in the coal industry, as Sempra is not.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:35 am

RELAX people, the reason the Gubbermint is keeping those secret is that they really aren't for coal ash at all...

they're shallow, lime filled pits for all the hippies when the new, sweeping, draconian No Patchouli-No Drum Circle- No armpit and/ leg hair laws take effect this summer after the swine flu is determined to be actually a poisoned batch of chai tea and that OutBack Steakhouse is a P.E.T.A Front Company that has been using it's employees to trim massive amounts of marijuana at secret outback Steakhouse training centers located just north of Coppola's vineyard. I KNOW, it sounds crazy, but have you SEEN what they're doing to the soil in Iowa?
Frida Be You & Me

Rusted Iron

Post by Rusted Iron » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 pm

The secret locations aren't that secret. A minute or so, on-line*, produced a map with hundreds of red dots. Admittedly, these aren't exact locations, just general geographic areas, so I guess that DHS can't jail the people who put the site up.

I was relieved that there aren't any close by me, but if I lived in the East of the US, I could be a bit anxious.

(*Google to Huffington post to a link off of Huffington)

Return to “Open Discussion”