Burning Man Tickets

All things outside of Burning Man.
Theresa

Burning Man Tickets

Post by Theresa » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:16 pm

I am pissed off. I was online at midnight. It took me over an hour to open the ticket page. It was constanly freezing me out because the page was not ready. When I finally got to the point where I had input all the necessary information and press the submit button, the system sent me a message that a confirmation no. would be sent in one minute, the page froze again. In fear that my order did not go through, I tried ordering again, which took me another hour and a half. The system then told me that I had already ordered and could not order any more at the 165 level. When I emailed for confirmation, there was no order under my email address, the money was still in my account. So I tried to order agian, but I again I was told that I had already ordered. I want to know where is my order. And I would like my 2 tickets at [email protected] I've been going to Burning Man for about 10 years, and have always bought my ticket during the first wave and followed all the rules. I want to know what's going to be done for me now. I was up until 3AM trying to sort this thing out, and don't think that it's would be right or in the Burning Man spirit if I am unable to get my tickets. I definitely shouldn't be penalized for the web sites short commings. HELP!!!! Who do I tell ? How do I get this resolved.

er1c

Post by er1c » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:57 pm

According to the latest news item, your best bet at this point would be to go to http://tickets.burningman.com/contact.php and submit a request to have them sort it out.

Good Luck!

Last Real Burner

O.k. It how many days until the burn?...

Post by Last Real Burner » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:12 pm

Who still doesn't have a ticket yet, and why?

inquiringly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:13 pm

Still no ticket physically received yet. Thanks for reminding me that I need to check on that.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

vic

tickets have not arrived

Post by vic » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:19 pm

I ordered my tickets on the first day, received a confirmation, and my Visa account was billed. Have not yet received them.

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:42 pm

I just got the email notice that they've mailed my tickets.

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:14 am

I guess that's fair; your tickets have to go the farthest...

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:48 am

Actually, they're being sent to a friend in Berkeley. But I'm under the impression that everyone who ordered online is due to get a "we just mailed your tickets" confirmation.

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:46 am

No email yet... I’m chompin’ at the bit, here...

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:05 am

I likely won't get an email, as I never got the first confirmation, I wrote to inhouse twice, never recived a response, wrote to them again, got someone who said they would email me a confirmation (which wasn't really what i asked for, but hay, any response is better than nothing, right?) and then never recived that confirmation.
I doubeled checked all my email settings, spam folders, etc. to see if the the emails maybe went to la la land but that didn't appear to be a problem.
When i check my email address on the ticket help- page, it still says there is no record of my transaction. yet I have a confirmation number/pgae printed out and the money was deducted from my account.

Survey says: what are the odds I will be recieveing my ticket in the mail anytime soon?

hageymon

Post by hageymon » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:18 am

The mailman brought my tickets on last Wednesday. Woo hoo...

phoenix13

Post by phoenix13 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:50 am

i had the same problem, i ordered them on the first and just recieved an e-mail confirmation like two days ago...
And in time we will all burn and become a new.

Icepack

tickets

Post by Icepack » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:08 pm

Zephryus wrote:I just got the email notice that they've mailed my tickets.
Whoohoo! So maybe we'll be getting tickets soon? For anyone who has their tickets now-- How long from the time the email went out to the time the tickets actually arrived? Have not seen the email yet, but am excited to hear that others have started to.

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:14 pm

I e-mailed them and they told me that i will get a confermation e-mail. I am not too worried about it, everything seems to be in order. It took awhile last year for me to get mine.

--tears--
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[size=100][color=darkred]
The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
[/color][/size]

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:16 pm

Ivy wrote:I likely won't get an email, as I never got the first confirmation, I wrote to inhouse twice, never recived a response, wrote to them again, got someone who said they would email me a confirmation (which wasn't really what i asked for, but hay, any response is better than nothing, right?) and then never recived that confirmation.
I doubeled checked all my email settings, spam folders, etc. to see if the the emails maybe went to la la land but that didn't appear to be a problem.
When i check my email address on the ticket help- page, it still says there is no record of my transaction. yet I have a confirmation number/pgae printed out and the money was deducted from my account.

Survey says: what are the odds I will be recieveing my ticket in the mail anytime soon?
Hm...There have been a lot of people with this story as well. I hope this works better next year!

--Tears--
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[/color][/size]

III

Post by III » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:21 am

i've had a couple of friends get their tickets, and say that they
almost threw them out as junk mail because the envelope has *no*
reference to burning man on it.

if you're expecting tickets, keep an eye out for a plain envelope with
a glassine window, and a simple "inhouse" return address.
[url]http://3playa.cultureshark.net/[/url]

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:35 am

III wrote:i've had a couple of friends get their tickets, and say that they
almost threw them out as junk mail because the envelope has *no*
reference to burning man on it.
I'd already been thinking about going back out and upgrading the shipping on my tickets. This settled the matter for me.

http://tickets.burningman.com/shipit

$8.50 seems a damn small price to pay for peace of mind.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

Bob A

Ticket came!!

Post by Bob A » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:02 pm

Got my ticket in the mail today Yea!!!! I've read it over and over and then just stared at it for a while. It’s all pretty and shinny. Now it’s real!

I'm so excited I almost used an Emoticon, but I resisted.
Yea I'm a newbie, can you tell?

Bob A

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:42 pm

Word to the wise: put those tickets in a safe place and then write yourself a note where you put 'em! Last year our friends misplaced their tickets and had to buy replacements.

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:24 pm

Alpha wrote:Word to the wise: put those tickets in a safe place and then write yourself a note where you put 'em! Last year our friends misplaced their tickets and had to buy replacements.
I put them in a ziplock bag and hang them on my wall. I have a wall in my house where i keep the necklaces and other gifts that i can hang, so i just put them there. Cant lose them and i get to see them every day.

--Tears--
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[/color][/size]

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:30 am

Hey guys Image

Return to “Open Discussion”