Post by Bounce530 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:49 am

Cheers to Best Camp Ever
Cheers to Barbie Death village
Cheers to BoobyBar
Cheers to LampLighters (wink to India)
Cheers to Spankys bar
Cheers to Videogasm
Cheers to WildMan
Cheers to so many more that I can't type about right now..

Jeers to all the "closed for camp party" camps on Esp...YOU'RE ON A MAJOR STREET, PARTY AT YOUR HOME MEETING!!

Jeers to the darkwads that refused to take led or chem light gifts

Jeers to theme camps that cater to themselves and personal friends, then close...(cough, shady, cough, waffle, cough)

Jeers to org, for fucking up the early entery shit, making shit loads of camps, and art wasn't up, till mid week! Hense creating bad attitudes (like mine) all over the playa during the begining of the week...
What other people think about you is none of your business.

Apollonaris Zeus

Re: 2009 Cheers and Jeers thread

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 am

Bounce530 wrote:
Jeers to all the "closed for camp party" camps on Esp...YOU'RE ON A MAJOR STREET, PARTY AT YOUR HOME MEETING!!

Jeers to theme camps that cater to themselves and personal friends, then close...(cough, shady, cough, waffle, cough)

Jeers to org, for fucking up the early entery shit, making shit loads of camps, and art wasn't up, till mid week! Hense creating bad attitudes (like mine) all over the playa during the begining of the week...
I must concur that the BMOrg should do more especially when it comes to dishing out prime spots on the Esplanade to closed camps that offer nothing to the event except take up critical space. Since I didn't go and the internet stream was my only eye the art work seemed limited on the playa.

AIIZ

Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Cheers to Camera Dude, HyperJohn, for making the playa and the burn available to us in Camp Envy. It made this week a little bit more bearable for those of us that didn't go this year.

Cheers to BMIR radio. Listening to Playa Burner Music all week reminded me how much I miss the playa and how much I love electronica.

Cheers to all who attended this year. We look forward to all your stories. Welcome back to the default world. We missed you here on eplaya.

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
Bounce530 wrote:

I must concur that the BMOrg should do more especially when it comes to dishing out prime spots on the Esplanade to closed camps that offer nothing to the event except take up critical space. Since I didn't go and the internet stream was my only eye the art work seemed limited on the playa.

AIIZ
OMG i actually agree with AIIZ ..... shudder ....

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:58 pm

JEERS to the fuckhead pot fertilizer that hired a Helicopter to fly over and around BRC towing a super fucking banner telling us it can make your Buds more surgery.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

sun4all

Post by sun4all » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Regarding the jeers directed at the Org:

The Org had some initial difficulties with early entry things, but was very good at fixing the problems. All of my friends who went early got wristbands and got in just fine.

The Org has no control over theme camps having private parties or theme camps that are 'closed' and on the Esplanade.

The Org also has no control over when art goes up. If the weather is bad or there is a problem with a piece of equipment, that isn't their fault.

It's the Playa, things tend to work in a rather strange way sometimes. You just have to deal with it and move on.

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:08 am

Still a bit overwhelmed and in transition, so I haven't made my lists yet. One big cheer that I said, "cool" for each time I saw one: Grates in the portapottie floors. Not all of them had them, but the ones that did had a non mucky, dry, floor. The elegance of the solution in the most mundane of places impressed me.

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:37 am

Cheers To Coffee Camp-
I don't drink coffee but They were a great Camp to Camp with!- And the Tea was awesome!

Cheers to Blue Wolf & We Deliver! YOU GUYS ROCK! Thanks for taking my buddy that couldn't get around to good -A ride!

Cheers to my Buddy Lisa! Thanks Girlie I love YOU!

Cheers to the Porta Pottie people!

Cheers to All the MV's that I was able to RIde On!

Cheers to the day time dance club at 10 & B!! Love the misters & watermelon & ice cream!

Speaking of ICE CREAM DOUBLE triple cheers to the guy who on Sunday afternoon brought us a half gallon of frozen Ice cream & Root Beer-
THAT WAS THE BEST ROOTBEER FLOAT EVER! I Love YOU!

Cheers to the HOT KISS & fun dance from a fellow Eplayan - GAWd dude you made me wet! LOL It was sooooooo very nice to finally meet You- and You're just as charming in real life as on the Eplaya!

Cheers to all the paddling of my ASS! I need my spankings- cause I was a Badddddd baddd girl!

No Jeers for NOw!

Okay made be One...

Jeers to the gossip I heard - about - Someone mailing pot to someone elses house without permission - GET A FRICKING CLUE- YOU ARE SOOOO FRICKING STUPID IT IS UNBELIEVABLE!

I Love You ALL ! thanks for the Perfect Burn! 2009 ROCKED! See ya in the dust- till then Love & Light till we ignite!
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:40 am

ooooooohhhh and Jeers to the 20 loads of wash I'm starting this morning LOL

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:41 am

So I went to the Booby Bar to meet some of you numbskulls. I saw One-Eye Dick's art car, the one with the penis and pair of bean-bag testicles.

Dick was inside, dressed as a pirate I think. His eyepatch had a hole in it with crosshairs, "for targeting".

I asked Dick about the light-switches that were hanging around his neck, and he said "this one's for peeing in the dark", and it lit up when he moved the switch. "This other one" he said, "is for burning hippies!"

When he pulled the switch, flames shot out of his art car!

I would have bought him a drink, but Larry deprived us of that simple pleasure. :(

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 am

sun4all wrote: The Org has no control over theme camps having private parties or theme camps that are 'closed' and on the Esplanade.
I don't believe that the community buys that opinion! The BMOrg has more power then is needed to solve this problem and it's not about having a private party of which every camp has, it's the problem of no participation to involve the community at all.

There are tons of other camps that will rejoice at having the opportunity to give a show that are doing anyway several blocks away from the playa.

A simple form outlining what the camp will do to entertain the citizens should they request an esplanade site, will suffice whether or not they get approved! That is all.

AIIZ

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:56 pm

i can put that every night we are going to be doing whatever awesome event. Then when i get out there not do anything...i already got my spot on Esp....ya know? Sure it may only work once but really....just go and burn god dammit
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Besides running my theme camp, I had an itenerary for a spiritual pilgrimage all picked out. Theme camps and locations were all on a piece of paper, somewhere, and I left that behind.

Nevertheless, when I climbed on a friendly art car for a journey into the heart of BRC, throwing my fate to the wind, I wound up at ALL the sites that I had selected, as if by magic!

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

cheers to everyone who put an amazing amount of creativity and work into a million different things ... theme camps, art cars, art, costumes, yummy treats, gifts, &c.

cheers to oneeyeddick for giving me a terrible case of green-penis envy.

cheers to many others with amazing fire effects ... wow.

cheers to whoever jigsawed all those little lacy pieces on the temple, which was gorgeous.

and a very special cheer to the black rock desert for being so very beautiful. on wednesday at dusk i found myself out in the playa ... bright orange pink clouds to the west, and a near-full moon rising in the east ... it was too lovely to ride my bike, even. i just walked about and looked and looked and looked.

i can't think of any jeers. they were insignificant next to the cheers, and easily forgotten.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:47 pm

The wind and dust. Those you can jeer. :)

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:02 pm

true ... but the extreme conditions were part of the fun, in a way ... next year i plan to b a little better prepared for it, though... try to keep some dust out! :D :D :D

another cheer: to the 10 pounds i lost!! now i can call it a spa vacation ....

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:47 pm

littleflower wrote:true ... but the extreme conditions were part of the fun, in a way ... next year i plan to b a little better prepared for it, though... try to keep some dust out! :D :D :D

How much more weight are you going to lose MonkeyPoo?

Don't want you to disappear as the incredible shrinking women!

Cheers to you that made my burn!

AIIZ

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:59 pm

After a day of washing stuff More Cheers...

Cheers to the 3 tent idea- one for sleeping, one for closet, one for bathtub- bathtub works Great!

Love love love my new and improved shade for Tent! It was cool in my tent till 10:30 or sooooooo...

Jeers for leaving early Monday- Always wish I could stay longer...

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 pm

cheers to barbie whom invited to me hawaii

be careful what you ask for :wink:

cheers to errin from newfoundland who made my birthday the best ever.

she is as crazy as i am. a rarity.

cheers to root society for being my family and crew, we truly are a unique group of people who work very hard to make you shake your ass.

cheers to all the eplayans who hunted me down and made me stop working at least for a few minutes.

cheers to all of my supporters and sponsors.

cheers to aydin the painter and his portrait of shooter.

cheers to the weather gods who gave us a wide variety of dust to experience.

cheers to all who volunteered and organized and built the city.

cheers to all who made it out there.

i have no jeers. Deal with it.
Frida Be You & Me

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:04 pm

The Invite is Open - Simon! My place is small - but the view is excellent!
And Happy Belated Birthday- a Virgo Huh? scary...

Hopefully my Roomie will be leaving again Soooooonnnnnnn

Cheers to my rommie leaving sooooooonnnnnnn

Cheers to sleeping in a bed and having running water!

Jeers the Man won' t burn again for another 360 days...

Jeers to no spankings today....

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
littleflower wrote:true ... but the extreme conditions were part of the fun, in a way ... next year i plan to b a little better prepared for it, though... try to keep some dust out! :D :D :D

AIIZ
You're not paying attention, Zeus. It was Littleflower who lost weight.
That's your third strike, and I have to kick you out of the Cash Cab. Thanks for playing. Have a nice day. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200 spankings.

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Monkeypoo wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:

AIIZ
You're not paying attention, Zeus. It was Littleflower who lost weight.
That's your third strike, and I have to kick you out of the Cash Cab. Thanks for playing. Have a nice day. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200 spankings.
maybe he thinks both of us lost weight?

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:16 pm

Oh. He said women. 'Tis I who should wear my reading glasses and pay attention, eh? Hmmm. Silly me. I will not pass GO and I will not collect 200 spankings. Dammit all to hell.

hurricane #1

Post by hurricane #1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:44 am

Cheers to EVERYONE at the Time of Your Life Camp. The spaceship, the dome, and everything else rocked.

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:03 am

Cheers to me - for making a 60 second cameo appearance at Doc's Meet & Greet, just long enough to meet Dougly, who, just as I've always suspected, isn't at all Ugly. Mission accomplished.

Jeers to me - for not tracking down Simon at Root Society and introducing myself. I suck.

ejluera

Post by ejluera » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:44 am

Just one jeer: to the person(s) that took my backpack with my laptop in it from the Golden Gate Bridge Art-car. My week was full of love and good times with the exception of that day...shame on you!!!
EJ Luera

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 am

Sensei wrote:Cheers to me - for making a 60 second cameo appearance at Doc's Meet & Greet, just long enough to meet Dougly, who, just as I've always suspected, isn't at all Ugly. Mission accomplished.

Jeers to me - for not tracking down Simon at Root Society and introducing myself. I suck.
Now, you be quiet!

Yeah, I missed out on meeting Simon and Da Mule as well. Maybe next year.

Cheers to the people willing to run psychic taxi service!

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:33 am

Cheers: To Chip for making the impossible become possible, and for his patience. Things will be settled up and then some in 48 hours. You have an iron clad guarantee on that.

Cheers: To the most hassle free Gate experience ever. Efficient, no hostile attitude.

Cheers: Exodus staff. 2 hours to 447 on Sunday. Best ever time in 7 years.

Cheers: To Doc Pyro and Barbie Death Camp for answering my questions and always having a great attitude.

Jeers: To the truck driver who failed to secure his load on I-80 in Utah. The piece of steel you failed to secure shattered my driver's side door glass at 75 mph and missed killing me by an inch. I hope your fucking engine freezes up at the top of some godforsaken mountain pass in 8 inches of snow and you freeze your fucking balls off. Karma's a bitch, and you motherfucker have some seriously bad juju headed your way. I am still pulling glass out of me and I wonder if I'll ever get it all out of the truck. That shit went everywhere!

Cheers: To Cat and the Aspen / Rifle, CO burners who helped me change a flat at MM 3 on I-70 on Tuesday evening. The tire blew in a bad spot, you helped me to safely change the tire while directing traffic away from us. THANK YOU!

Cheers: Gorilla Tape. That and a piece of heavy clear vinyl from the WalMart Supercenter fabric section in Winnemucca, NV allowed me to make a temp window that kept me from roasting my ass off while crossing the San Rafael Swell in Utah and freezing my ass off while climbing over Vail Pass and through the Eisenhower Tunnel...it was cold up there!

Cheers: Delaguardia for the kick ass slide / secret practice facility.

Jeers: Staff golf carts with minimal decorations blatantly violating the 5 mph rule and kicking up excessive dust flying out of the keyhole on Saturday morning.

Jeers: I love gas powered Go-Peds. I own one. It has a variable throttle that doesn't have to either be off or wide open. No wonder people hate them when the riders are assholes who are too lazy to do a controlled throttle squeeze. And it only costs $6 to muffle a Go-Ped. I know, I've done it. Now it's your turn. Muffle thy damn scooter!

Jeers: To the man burn crew. Flares? Seriously? After all these years of burning the man we have to resort to tossing fucking flares into the middle of the pile to set it off?

Cheers: To the temple crew. Quite simply this was the most magnificent structure of them all. WOW!

Cheers: To the Allied Nevada Gold Corp Hycroft Mine for their work on dramatically improving Jungo Road from Sulphur to Winnemucca. It's posted for 55 mph and now you can safely run 55 m.p.h. on most sections. (Psst: Can we get a grader and water tanker sent towards Gerlach please? And thanks for the Burning Man turn sign!)

Cheers: To the Burner who left the BM 09 button on my tent sack while we were sleeping at the EB Grassy Mountain Rest Area in Utah early Monday morning. I may never know who you were, but thank you!

Cheers: To the Utah Dept of Transportation. 80 m.p.h. test sections on I-15. Oh hell yeah, this is a must. Time to crank up the lobbying efforts...I think Utah needs more federal funding when the transportation bill debate starts next year. Let's get UDOT the cash to make the test go permanent and not cost the state a cent to update the signs to boot.

In short: Best damn burn of them all.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

kahluagal
Burning Since: 2005

Post by kahluagal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:18 pm

[quote="Kinetic V"]
Jeers: To the man burn crew. Flares? Seriously? After all these years of burning the man we have to resort to tossing fucking flares into the middle of the pile to set it off?
[/quote]
:lol: yeah, every year the Burn is just a little bit...off somehow... after waiting for him to fall over or at least his legs to give out I just gave up and walked away. It's not like he's going to get up and do a Fatal Attraction type 'jump up from the floor and strangle you' type movement. The best laid plans, etc. etc.

Kinetic, that sounds like quite the near miss in Utah... glad you made it out alive!

My quickie list:

[b]cheers: [/b]
- to the folks who put the effort in for their artcars, art, camps that are artistic, anything to do with the art You folks make the event work coming to. I'm ambivalent about the event, but never about the art. Sitting under this year's Cubatron was wonderful.
- to the folks who respond well to change - thank you. I was near the Philly Experiment folks, and the first night their music was insanely loud and went on til 5 am - granted, I expect it on the Playa, but GAH. Sure enough, next night and the rest of the week they tweaked their sound to be a little less (yay Ranger mediation!), and it turned out great. They also had an awesome chill living room communal area, and put out pancakes for people on the last day. Classy stuff :)
- to the folks who put on events/talks/etc. - I wish I could see more of them. Heard a great one about adapting to change and getting out of ruts (at the Philly Experiment), and wish I had more energy to go to more of them - although anything scheduled before 9 am seemed sadistic :D I will say that the bman folks do put on a well run operation; for all the problems it is still the experience of a lifetime that's worth the money and pain.

[b]jeers:[/b]
- to people who bring their attitudes - fuck you all. I don't care if it's a yuppie, a furry or a DPW dude with holier than thou-ness, if YOU suck you bring the atmosphere down for everyone Thankfully it doesn't ruin the whole event, but still... fucking grow up people. If you're an adult, act like one.
- to the fuckfaces who steal bikes - die a painful death. Seriously. I also saw a few trucks during exodus that looked suspiciously full - and they didn't look like the community bikes either. Hmm, bike theft rings on the Playa? Great, more evidence of humanity's 'evolution'. I tried my best to lock up my bike, and on the last night I didn't - it was kind of hidden under a tent's tarp, next to our truck. Not good enough, apparently. Thieves deserve a special circle of hell, and bike thieves especially. I made the mistake of decorating my bike with some plastic roses that belonged to my grandmother; never again! Next time, I'll just use stickers that rant against bike thieves with evil images on them. </rant>

jrfinkel

Post by jrfinkel » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 pm

[quote]Jeers to theme camps that cater to themselves and personal friends, then close...(cough, shady, cough, waffle, cough)[/quote]

what are you talking about? we had a limited amount of food so we couldn't feed everyone (because everything was homemade from scratch and not f'in pancake mix - we made a conscience decision to serve fewer people so that we could give people more/better food), but we served like 100 people per day, and at TOPS 10 of those people would be personal friends, usually far fewer. almost everyone we served we had never met before! seriously, i'm sorry if you showed up too late to get food, but don't go around saying things like this about us when it is just untrue.

-jenny ('manager' of the shady waffle)

Return to “Open Discussion”