Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....

All things outside of Burning Man.
DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Nice plug for william blum.

About time.
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

SED

Post by SED » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:44 pm

Hey Joel

What's the long term, feasible alternative to fossil fuel energy production?

SED
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:59 am

electricity.

once non-resistence transmission of electricity is figured out, i think electricity, whether wind, wave, or nuclear generated.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:34 pm

Hey,

was'nt Kenny Lay's court date sometime passed this month?

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:18 pm

30 Jan 06 is the beginning of the trial

are you so incapable to finding this information for yourself?

apparently so.

Simply Joel

Post by Simply Joel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:05 pm

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:29 pm

joel the ornery wrote:30 Jan 06 is the beginning of the trial

are you so incapable to finding this information for yourself?

apparently so.

This from someone that uses "Ask Jeeves"

:lol:

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:43 pm

Simply Joel wrote:Image

no ya got it wrong,caption should read..."life under fuurer Bush"
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:03 pm

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:09 pm

So how many suckers will Bush gain hold of AGAIN with his state of the union speech tonight?

I can’t remember all of the promised/proposals he made a few years ago.

Something about delivering health care and making way for hydrogen fuel cell car thingies and the such..

What else has he promised/proposed besides being a uniter not a divider and the axis of evil?

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:14 pm

promises/proposals .....

I'm sorry.

I meant to say........LIES

:P

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:15 pm

I never miss a State of the Union speech and this year is no exception. Much of what I've heard over the years has been the same old tired political BS but what I'm keying in on is Shrub's approach to Iran. With the referral to the Security Council essentially a done deal this will be the next major crisis for America....and I hope he has the balls to not back down even an inch.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:52 pm

Yeah...uh huh.....

So what do you propose? Going to war with Iran?

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:55 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Yeah...uh huh.....

So what do you propose? Going to war with Iran?

If necessary and not unilateraily either. But if that's what it takes then do it. Better to have an international coalition clean house instead of Israel going nuclear on their ass. And anyone who doesn't think the Israelis wouldn't go nuclear has their head up their ass.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:58 pm

mmmfffffgllorfffhhhhhhsplurchglorbfffffff8*fsssssspppppltttt*

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:00 pm

Must.....not.......say....any.....thing........bite.....uppper......lip............

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:04 pm

Ok...OK.....I cant take it. :lol:

So you think the ass beating that the U.S. is getting in Iraq is not enough?

You think the U.S. needs to be humiliated some more by Bin laden and his second in command? (even though I am totally loving what they are doing to Bush and the cronies through the media..)

Dude, you need to stop embarrassing yourself.

joel the ornery

Post by joel the ornery » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:34 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Dude, you need to stop embarrassing yourself.
it seems, DVD, you have been given the same advice and have yet to comply.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:48 pm

joel the ornery wrote:
DVD Burner wrote:Dude, you need to stop embarrassing yourself.
it seems, DVD, you have been given the same advice and have yet to comply.
Uh huh, yeah.

This advise coming from the one that loves humiliating himself by creating a thread such as this and tells everyone their point of view is pointless then decides to, at one time, stop posting on the very thread they created because he couldn't take what others had to say about his political point of view. (Which by the way, still makes no sense even though the ship is sinking and you still hang on to your philosophies.).

Rich Joel....wonderfully rich. Hilarious.

That's why I love reading what you have to say.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Democracy is such a wonderful horrible gnashing of gears isn`t it?

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:54 pm

I'm not feeling a bit embarassed, I'm simply stating how I truly feel. If you can't tell I'm pro military and I'm for a serious military expansion..so much so I'd be willing to pay higher taxes to fund it. Because today...it's Iraq. tomorrow it's Iran. Then it's the DPRK...and then....it's Taiwan and a faceoff with the PLA and the Chinese juggernaut.

Back to Iran the problem is not going away, let's get this moving, build the international coalition, hurry up and finish our Iraq business and go kick some Iranian ass. Once that's done it might make the PLA think twice about their Taiwan invasion plans. One thing's for sure...if the international community doesn't do something about Iran....Israel certainly will. A conventional war is the lesser of evils as nobody wants a nuclear exchange.
K-IV
~~~~

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:02 pm

Shit, I gotta run out right now.

Though I do not agree with you K. I do very much respect your opinion and would like to address it. If I had the time now you know I would.

I'll get back at ya.

:wink:

capjbadger
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Post by capjbadger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:06 pm

Heads up!

State of the Union speech is about to start.

This should be interesting...
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:41 pm

Geez.
I need to get another handle.
The president just looked right into the camera,
made a real strange eye contact with ME...
...and said "We Will NOT Surrender to EVILLE"...
...I nearly shit myself!!!! God my face is exploding!
This guy is giving evil a bad name!!!!
....economic prospects....er....progress.....
Oh what a fucking riot!!!!....this room full of smiling jack republicans
and flustered begrudging democrats! Ahhhhhhhhh! Feel the love.

Fuck I can`t WAIT for my permenant tax cut!!!

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:46 pm

A true Democratic response! They actually interrupted the speech! I've seen many a State of the Union and I've never seen anything like the Democratic response to Social Security reform. Amazing!
K-IV
~~~~

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:47 pm

MAAAAN!

I just got back. Missed the speech, and it looks like it was good. (Or was it boring?)

Seems like I didn’t miss too much.

Anyhoo,

Getting back to K., the embarrassing part was really a joke and kinda sorta not.

My opinion is and has been always on this board and all others that I am on is as stands. Call me one that believes in conspiracies or whatever, All I know is what I KNOW is what I KNOW.

Bush and his cronies have been grouping their thoughts and philosophies since 1992 on how they are going to take over/ fix the Middle East.

Fact: They have planned all out how they were going to go about this. Part of how they were going to "Fix" the Middle East was gather info and wait for a catastrophic disaster or "attack" to happen on American soil. Then they could deploy whatever they needed in the Middle East, preferably, Iraq to redo their (Iraq’s) infrastructure.

This is stated in the mission statement or “statement of principles “posted on their website to this day. http://www.newamericancentury.org/state ... ciples.htm
(and take note the nerve of these guys posting their names on the mission along with Dan Quayle. Of all people.

BWWWAAAA HA HA HA!

Yes I am talking about the "Project for a new American century".

This is the fact. It was further discussed in the think tank "AEI" (the American enterprise institute.)

This is common knowledge in those circles and these guys even signed the mission statement saying so.
They are following their plans of scaring the American public because they can, and the average American will believe what they (Bush cronies.) say no matter what.
(Yes the Iranian president has said some stupid things but sometimes when you back a dog into a corner to try to feed it food, it will bite you because it does not understand. Same with North Korea. They do not want the U.S. bombing them or causing war like the U.S. is doing in Iraq. Which is what Kim Jong Il stated last year.)

The Bush cronies are exasperating everything.

Why it is that they (Bush cronies.) can do this and get away with it is simple. Most people from America have never been to the Middle East, North Korea and or many other places around the world nor do they know anyone from these areas. Especially those in Middle America.

Fear out of ignorance is the best weapon/tool to gain whatever kind of power you want.
Need Proof ? Something as simple as someone saying/or posting (for example only.) on eplaya something as simple as "DVD Burner threatened me."

something like that freaks people out despite the fact that none of the people that are freaked out have never even met DVD Burner before, but the tactic works.....to a certain extent.

Iran, Iraq, North Korea was never a recent problem to the U.S. or the world for that matter till the "axis of evil" speech.

Bush and these guys are so full of shit it is silly. And people fall for it. Kenny Lay even knows that. (Buy the way; if you follow the money, Most of the big bucks for Bush's largest champagne monies came from Kenny boy and Enron.)

I know for a fact that diplomacy works. I can do it.

The problem is that the American government has the wrong approach. They do not speak the language nor do they understand the culture and have no intelligence in the areas for the very same reason I specified above.

America is not winning in Iraq and will not win in Iraq because (as noted by the use and engineering techniques for the IED's.) the so called "insurgents" the U.S. is up against are very very intelligent people. They even offered a truce. But like the fools that Bush cronies and the followers are, they will not accept the truce due to too much testosterone and no brains.

Think about it, Mathematics was invented in the Persian region.

So I say, go ahead, think you can blow these people to oblivion? I know for a fact, that won’t work.

Using the brain and diplomacy will be the only way.

Also, as I have stated many many many times on this board, I am not republican, democrat, liberal, independent and do not like American politics because all parties are full of shit as far as I’m concerned.

I’m posting not my opinion but just what I know.

Don’t fall for what Bush and the cronies try to sell to what the Bush Cronies feel are the less than average person.

they really dont care about anyone including you.
They will send people to die not just for them but something as simple as some green piece of paper to line thier pockets with and not bat an eye.

Need I remind you of Kenny boy?

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:59 pm

I also would like to apologize if you need to read all of what I wrote over a few times to understand it. I did do some correcting despite how many times I proofed it before during and after posting it.

whew!

Enough of this for me tonight. Now back to relaxing.

:P

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:55 am

Thank You DVD. Nothing to fear but fear itself" rings ironically true once again.
America`s people and policies, both foreign and domestic have been swayed greatly in recent years as a result of the fear of attack created by the awful scenes of the events of 9/11. The Bush administration has exploited that situation superbly for the good and for the bad as well...
It`s very hard to disagree with someone who is protecting you and your loved ones from poverty, illness or violent harm. It`s a very basic human mechanism. Our strongest inherent "social pressure" is to survive; it worked under Saddam and many others... and our government, headed by the son of a former CIA director, knows that very well.
Sure we have to protect our citizens and insure our survival, but we were doing that. Remember the old motto "if you`re going to do something; do it well"? "Well", America is presently slopping and sludging through it`s wars and foreign affairs, half prepared and equipped to do the job.. totally absorbed in the present, paying little heed towards the future.
What does this future hold? An ever growing resentment between dominant world religions and an ever widening chasm between the world`s ultra rich and miserably poor....

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:31 am

EvilDustBooger wrote: Remember the old motto "if you`re going to do something; do it well"? "Well", America is presently slopping and sludging through it`s wars and foreign affairs, half prepared and equipped to do the job.. totally absorbed in the present, paying little heed towards the future.
What does this future hold? An ever growing resentment between dominant world religions and an ever widening chasm between the world`s ultra rich and miserably poor....
That is precisely the point I have been trying to make on eplaya for the past few years.

Pleased to meet ya EDB.

Now, aside from the general politics......

I watched something on CNN this morning that disturbed me quite a bit, speaking of soldiers....

I don’t know if anyone saw this, but there was this incident broadcasted on CNN where this soldier just back from Iraq was a passenger in this car that was being chased by the police, (I have no idea where in the states this was. I hope to see this footage again.) And finally stopped.....

Well anyway, this soldier, just home from Iraq was on the ground and had this cop standing over him telling him (the soldier.) to stay on the ground. As the cop was standing over him with his gun drawn, telling the, ( un be knowns to the cop.) soldier on the ground to "get up". As the soldier on the ground was doing as the cop said, the soldier was telling this cop that he had just SERVED HIS COUNTRY in Iraq by defending this country in Iraq.

The cop shoots the soldier as he is on the ground 6 TIMES.

This is in AMERICA today.

Has anyone seen this footage yet?

I don’t know all the details yet but as long as I can I will watch for it again and search the web for this incident and when I find it I will let you all know. There are many people in the wrong positions of power that are not serving the people of this country and getting paid for it and something really needs to be done about it.

From what I understand, the soldier is going to live.

What do you think about that?

:evil:

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:41 am

Just saw the footage again in its entirety. Turns out it happened in California I believe in Chino. The solider was just back from Iraq and is in the air force.

The cop is on administrative leave.

And people think cops in California are cheerio wonderful.

Totally fucked.

It seems it will be played all day.

sorry to post such bad news but it really kinda pissed me off.

i dont know what it is like to be shot like that and by a cop but I do know what it is like to run into fucked up cops.

Bummer! :cry:

Return to “Open Discussion”