Reno Mayor "Embarrassed" By Proposed Tourist Sloga

All things outside of Burning Man.
pinemom

Post by pinemom » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:29 am

Jiva...yours is the best!!!!!

Re?No!

Actually ya'll go ahead and make fun of us...its cause your jealous as we just keep burn'n all the other 51 weeks!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:59 am

Reno

A VERY SHORT DRIVE HOME....

:twisted:

You wish you lived this close.

:lol:

of course it is a bit farther then I drive.

:lol:

ALICEtheGOON

Post by ALICEtheGOON » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:32 am

Welcome to RENO

Hot as fuck ..then Cold as shit ,just like that.

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:58 am

RENO, more fun than sand in your bathing suit.

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:19 am

RENO
It Could Be Worse!

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:23 am

Jiva wrote:Reno: because apparently you missed the first 'no'.

They might just use this one.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:30 am

"The only "NO" is in the name!"

The best place to buy a human for the week, lose all your money and smoke cigarettes inside a building!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Jiva

Post by Jiva » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:33 pm

pinemom wrote:Jiva...yours is the best!!!!!

Re?No!
Aw shucks, thanks.
Actually ya'll go ahead and make fun of us...its cause your jealous as we just keep burn'n all the other 51 weeks!
This is true.
[color=#ECE3BA][size=75]Stay home; the man will burn without you.[/size][/color]

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Reno: Rhymes with Beano!

Reno: All the fun of a Dead Civil War General
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:23 pm

From " Remember Reno " :

On July 12, 1862, Reno was promoted to Major General and given Command of the IX Corps. On September 12, the IX Corps spent the day and evening in Frederick Maryland. Reno and three of his Divisions were sent on to Middletown at the foot of South Mountain on the morning of the 13th. September 14th saw Pleasonton’s cavalry facing strong enemy opposition at South Mountain’s Fox’s Gap. He immediately asked Reno for infantry support and at 6 AM Reno sent his Fourth Division into the Gap. The Division commander General Jacob Cox met heavy opposition and passed word back to Reno for reinforcements.

By late in the afternoon, Reno’s entire IX Corps was up at Fox’s gap being personally directed by the General. Moving forward the Corps began driving the Confederates from Fox’s Gap. Two hours into the attack, the advance stalled along the right flank. Reno rode forward with his staff to determine the cause of the delay. Rather than go directly to the right flank, Reno chose to start at his left and ride along the entire front length of his line, commending his troops for their excellent progress and battle conduct. About halfway across the line and in an exposed position, Reno stopped to observe the enemy’s position with a telescope. Musket fire suddenly erupted from the confederate line and Reno was struck by a bullet that lodged in his chest. He was carried to the rear , where he saw his classmate and friend General Samuel Sturgis. Reno spoke to him and said “Hallo Sam, I am dead!â€

ALICEtheGOON

Post by ALICEtheGOON » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 pm

[quote="Oldguy"]From " Remember Reno " :

On July 12, 1862, Reno was promoted to Major General and given Command of the IX Corps. On September 12, the IX Corps spent the day and evening in Frederick Maryland. Reno and three of his Divisions were sent on to Middletown at the foot of South Mountain on the morning of the 13th. September 14th saw Pleasonton’s cavalry facing strong enemy opposition at South Mountain’s Fox’s Gap. He immediately asked Reno for infantry support and at 6 AM Reno sent his Fourth Division into the Gap. The Division commander General Jacob Cox met heavy opposition and passed word back to Reno for reinforcements.

By late in the afternoon, Reno’s entire IX Corps was up at Fox’s gap being personally directed by the General. Moving forward the Corps began driving the Confederates from Fox’s Gap. Two hours into the attack, the advance stalled along the right flank. Reno rode forward with his staff to determine the cause of the delay. Rather than go directly to the right flank, Reno chose to start at his left and ride along the entire front length of his line, commending his troops for their excellent progress and battle conduct. About halfway across the line and in an exposed position, Reno stopped to observe the enemy’s position with a telescope. Musket fire suddenly erupted from the confederate line and Reno was struck by a bullet that lodged in his chest. He was carried to the rear , where he saw his classmate and friend General Samuel Sturgis. Reno spoke to him and said “Hallo Sam, I am dead!â€

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:33 pm

And I was thinking Major Reno, with Custer.
Reminded me of the song.

1durphul

Post by 1durphul » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:01 am

I've always thought "This is good enough" should be Reno's slogan. It seems to sum the town, it's people, and it's approach to life.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:41 pm

We Have the Bowling Hall of Fame!
Tremble, Mortals, Tremble...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “Open Discussion”