DAMN CAT

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby Thecatman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:07 pm

gyre wrote:[/img]http://www.eyebeam.com/new/Eyebeam091127.jpg[img]

our cats think everything in house belongs to them, they hate a car ride because they know they're going to the vet
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Thecatman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Hmmm
That picture didn't come out. Another FU
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
Thecatman

Postby gyre » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Reverse the img tags.
That should fix it.

I used to occasionally put the cat in the carrier and drive him around just to help him calm down.
Sometimes take him to see someone.
Big treat for some people without a cat.
Really seems to help.
Then I would just leave the cage open outside, so he could be around it or sit in it.
gyre

Postby Thecatman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:38 pm

In 2000, when we moved from Pennsylvania to Nevada, we had Alley, the matriarch, and Shadow (Stinky). They were together in a 3x3x3 metal cage riding with me in the cab of a 24ft Ryder truck. Stinky caterwauled from the house in Fleetwood til we stopped for the night in Carisle. Only about 90mi that day. The same set up the next day and she wouldn't shut up til we stopped for the night in Champaign, IL. After that, she was fine. The fourth night we stopped in Sydney, Neb and the next day Alley starts getting the Hershey squirts til we stopped in Rock Springs WY. After that, the rest of the trip was fine
Thecatman

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:58 pm

My own cat is going on 11 and not showing a bit of his age. Still a dangerous little beast. :)
Ugly Dougly

Postby Thecatman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Poor Shadow (Stinky).
Monday night, the 24th or early Tuesday morning, I'm sleeping on my right side and she's got her butt against my shoulder.
I roll over and here her , pretty much scream. She walks to the nightstand and jumps off.
At 4:30 I get up for work and she's in the kitchen wanting to eat. I notice her tail is dragging on the ground.
The vet saw her today and her tail was just "tweaked" when I rolled over.
She has to take two shots daily of Hi-Vite Vitamin w/torb. Orally.
Vet says it'll heal it self in about two to three weeks
Thecatman

Postby unjonharley » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Thecatman wrote:Poor Shadow (Stinky).
Monday night, the 24th or early Tuesday morning, I'm sleeping on my right side and she's got her butt against my shoulder.
I roll over and here her , pretty much scream. She walks to the nightstand and jumps off.
At 4:30 I get up for work and she's in the kitchen wanting to eat. I notice her tail is dragging on the ground.
The vet saw her today and her tail was just "tweaked" when I rolled over.
She has to take two shots daily of Hi-Vite Vitamin w/torb. Orally.
Vet says it'll heal it self in about two to three weeks

Poor Stinky
unjonharley

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Postby Thecatman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks UJ
Thecatman

Postby graidawg » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:39 am

apparently cat purring helps strengthen bones and cure people thatsw why they like you and lie next to injured bits purring.
my beloved cat princess preitwinkle squeak squeak died age 24 in august 2002 shortly before my dad. I get more upset when i thin of her than him.
She was the finest cat Ever neighbourhood kids would knock on the door asking if she would come out to play.
When my dad was telling me off as a child she would walk between his legs till he picked her up which would calm him down and he sat down to pet her, the she would get off him and come get love from me.
How i miss her. the ginger Queen

DAMN CAT
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Postby daratheresa » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:34 am

okay, i'm glad this place has a "damn cat" thread, cause today i need it!

i lost my long-term companion, had him forever, coolest cat ever a few months ago. his health wasn't great, it was his time, blah blah blah. his name was Echo, he was a fluffy siamese, he was the awesome.

fast forward to last month, my friend has this three month old kitten that she needs to get rid of asap, her new baby is allergic to it. my kids miss having a cat, so i say okay, we take her. gah. kitten. she's a little black and white tuxedo cat, we named her lotus. she's not a bad cat or anything, but she's a _kitten_, they're a pain in the ass sometimes.

like last night, when she knocked over and cracked my brand new imported syrian hookah. i'd never even used it, and now the base is cracked pretty good and isn't water-tight anymore. i am not a violent person and i have to confess i had flashes of fantasy in which i threw the stupid cat at the wall. (i wouldn't ever actually do that, that's just how angry i was!)

so. DAMN CAT. grrrrr.
"So baptize me in the stars
And wrap me in nighttime"
~s.w.
daratheresa

Postby Elorrum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:51 am

After a few years in my current residence thinking that absolutely no pets allowed, the new manager say's cats are o.k. with increased security deposit. Now I'm torn. My apt. is no way cat knockover proofed, and it's a studio. Would it be fair to an indoor cat to have it in a studio apt?

I'm thinking not. anybody had a good experience with an indoor cat in a small apt?
Elorrum

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket (BDV)

Postby Thecatman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:57 pm

graidawg wrote:my beloved cat princess preitwinkle squeak squeak died age 24 in august 2002 shortly before my dad. I get more upset when i thin of her than him.
my condolances (edit spelling) for the loss of your cat and father.
We lost OWL, that was her name, Jan 5, 2009 and I have shed more tears over her than when I lost my parents. And still do when I look at the urn her ashes are in.

daratheresa wrote:i lost my long-term companion, had him forever, coolest cat ever a few months ago. his health wasn't great, it was his time, blah blah blah. his name was Echo, he was a fluffy siamese, he was the awesome.
(((Echo))))

Elorrum:

If it's any help, we have 7 cats, all indoors, in an almost 1700 sq ft house.
Stinky, Skinny Sam, and Gizmo are afraid to go outside. The ones that do, do so under supervision.
Thecatman

Postby graidawg » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:14 am

thank you catman and daratheresa i know how you feel.

I was round a friends house for the weekend HER DAMN CAT decided my face was a good place to sleep.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 am

Elorrum wrote:After a few years in my current residence thinking that absolutely no pets allowed, the new manager say's cats are o.k. with increased security deposit. Now I'm torn. My apt. is no way cat knockover proofed, and it's a studio. Would it be fair to an indoor cat to have it in a studio apt?

I'm thinking not. anybody had a good experience with an indoor cat in a small apt?

Yes, just give the cat what zoologists call "habitat enrichment" - give the critter plenty of things to do, explore, etc.
Ugly Dougly

600 things and counting

Postby gyre » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:55 am

Dusty the collector kitty
(If you search for other bits on Dusty, be aware there is a different, more famous Dusty, not a pleasant story.)
Search under news.

It all started with a glove. "I went into my bedroom about two years ago and there was a piece of glove on my bed," recalls Jean Chu of San Mateo, Calif. "I yelled at my husband for leaving it there, and he said, 'I think the cat brought it in.' " From then on, the couple and their two daughters — whose cat Dusty, then 1, liked to sneak out at night — noticed all sorts of random items popping up around their home: towels, underwear, pool toys and even a tiny baseball mitt.

"For a while, we just got rid of it," Chu tells PEOPLEPets.com. "But then I noticed a story on PEOPLE Pets about another cat who stole from his neighbors, so I decided to save it all." Now, Chu records Dusty's findings in a date book, and brings some of the more extraordinary items to her dental office. "My patients love seeing what he's taken," Chu says. "It's always, 'What did he get this time?' "

You name it, Dusty has probably dragged it home. "The funniest was a bra, size 38D," recalls Chu. "But he's taken pieces of balloons, sponges, carwash mitts, soccer shoes, a pair of flippers for scuba diving, and a children's birthday party goodie bag. Even swimsuits — at least five or six kids' suits and five pairs of board shorts." Recently, a neighbor caught on to Dusty's ploy, and politely asked for her things back. "My husband found a bikini top on a Thursday night about four weeks ago," Chu says. "Then the next morning, we found the bottom. I couldn't wait to bring it to the office." But as it turns out, the neighbor had washed her suit and hung it out to dry — and Dusty happened to snatch it up before she could put it away. "I've gone to our neighbors before asking if any of these items belong to them, so when something goes missing from their yards, they usually know who to call," Chu laughs.

Surprisingly, Dusty doesn't like to play with any of the gear he steals. "He leaves everything on the front step," says Chu. "I try to get him to play with it, but he doesn't show much interest." And funnily enough, she's only seen her cat in action once. "It was late at night, and I was out front," she recalls. "He has a bell, so I heard him coming, and lo and behold, he was carrying a glove." Dusty goes in and out of the family's home through a doggie door, despite their early efforts to make him an inside cat. "After that first taste of the outdoors about two years ago, there was no keeping him inside," says Chu.

Calling Dusty a "sweet, affectionate" cat, Chu says she doesn't worry about his antics, though she does fret a bit about Dusty's habit rubbing off on the family's new kitten. "We're trying to keep her inside," she laughs. "Time will tell if she ends up like Dusty!"

http://www.wwlp.com/dpps/news/strange/c ... gr_3719411
http://annarbor.com/pets/dusty-the-crim ... them-home/
http://www.wbaltv.com/r-video/26869239/detail.html
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... le-7958889
gyre

Postby illy dilly » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Elorrum wrote:After a few years in my current residence thinking that absolutely no pets allowed, the new manager say's cats are o.k. with increased security deposit. Now I'm torn. My apt. is no way cat knockover proofed, and it's a studio. Would it be fair to an indoor cat to have it in a studio apt?

Elorrum,
It would be totally ok. Like Ugly Dougly said, as long as there is stuff for the cat to play with.
We have a 900 sqft aprt. with 2 cats, Sasha and Eddie Boy. There are entire areas of the house that each cat could care less about. They have their favorite spots to chill out and lay in the sun, nap, and play. One thing to keep in mind, is get a carpeted scratching post, other wise your furniture could get pretty jacked. My parents cat after 15 years of scratching the same spots, barely pulled a single thread. It took Eddie Boy 4 months to tear the fabric off an arm of our couch.

Regarding the additional 'pet deposit' and 'pet rent' consider skipping it. We've had our cats for 2 years, the complex still doesn't know. But its a pretty big complex. The maintenance guys that come to fix things, don't know if you should or shouldn't have a cat, and could care less. Its the leasing office people that would care, but they never leave their desks. I don't know how close the land lord actually looks at your apartment, but they might not ever even know if you have cat. Its not like you have to take them out a few times a day for a walk. Just a thought.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Last night, he meowed and assumed his "brush me" posture on the couch, but when I didn't pull the brush out fast enough, he dropped to the floor and said "where's my post-brush treat?" but I didn't give it to him, so he darted out that cat door. Damn cat.
Ugly Dougly

Postby moonrise » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Damn cats, I love them but I'm allergic.

growing up we had indoor cats, and outdoor "mouser cats" one day a mouser got into the house and flipped out, did you know they can shred curtains, walls, wallpaper, flesh!! and everything else in their path? No shit! That damn cat DESTROYED two rooms before we helped it find the door, incredible, massive damages, the cat was flying around the walls and the ceiling!!, tearing streaks of claw marks into the room in circular 5+ foot long patterns, and smashed everything in it's path.

Beware of the terrified, outdoor, mouser cats...they must stay outdoors, the horrors of that day make my allaergies to them seem lightwieght.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Elorrum » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Elorrum

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket (BDV)

Postby unjonharley » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:31 pm

moonrise wrote:Damn cats, I love them but I'm allergic.

growing up we had indoor cats, and outdoor "mouser cats" one day a mouser got into the house and flipped out, did you know they can shred curtains, walls, wallpaper, flesh!! and everything else in their path? No shit! That damn cat DESTROYED two rooms before we helped it find the door, incredible, massive damages, the cat was flying around the walls and the ceiling!!, tearing streaks of claw marks into the room in circular 5+ foot long patterns, and smashed everything in it's path.

Beware of the terrified, outdoor, mouser cats...they must stay outdoors, the horrors of that day make my allaergies to them seem lightwieght.

50 years ago, We had a bitch living next door.. She was always listening at our brizzeway and called the cop on my 4 & 6 year old for making to much noise.. I beat her old mans ass and told him to get her under control.. That helped but I was still pissed. They went away for a weekend.. I put a squrrel in there house.. That seemed to help.. So I put a road kill cat in there car.. They only drove on week ends :twisted: The car was in a detached gardge on the ally in Aug..
unjonharley

Postby moonrise » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:19 pm

unjonharley wrote:
moonrise wrote:Damn cats, I love them but I'm allergic.

50 years ago, We had a bitch living next door.. She was always listening at our brizzeway and called the cop on my 4 & 6 year old for making to much noise.. I beat her old mans ass and told him to get her under control.. That helped but I was still pissed. They went away for a weekend.. I put a squrrel in there house.. That seemed to help.. So I put a road kill cat in there car.. They only drove on week ends :twisted: The car was in a detached gardge on the ally in Aug..

Elorrum, very good cartoon^^...do cats have it easy? I wanna be a cat now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

unjohnharley, remind me to ALWAYS stay on your GOOD side, SIR! YES! SIR!!
(Good thing I'm quiet)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:29 pm

daratheresa,

I'm saddened by your loss. Loosing a friend is always tough, tough, tough. I lost my bestest buddy and online namesake, Salem, a while back. She was a pal that I had raised from bottle feeding since before her eyes were open. I was distraught. Now I look up and there is one black cat on my paperwork and another in a box, both asleep ad both on the desk. One is an outdoor cat that has moved in for the winter nights and the other is a relative newbie but good addition to the group.

Not anything close to replacements for Salem, but good DAMN CATS in their own right.

Elorrum,

We have to shop cats that that have learned to stay away from the machinery and hot metal while we are working. they live in the shop ad don't go out... too close to the highway. And they know when we start to take the aprons off, it's time to pet the cat. One of them insists on doing the end-of-the-day rounds with me. Being carried of course. A kitty will adapt to your space too, I'd think.

Damn Cats.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby unjonharley » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:51 pm

'
You guys are making me sad.

My Tyger Shredders ashes sit right next to the computer screen..

Rus t nails is on my lap.. He can not go out by himself.. So he has learned to walk with me in the yard.. I'll chase him a little and up a tree he will shoot..Tyger showed him the ropes before he passed.. He can work a bedroom door until it opens.. Also he knows many of the words Tyger knew.. Like hug or kiss or gimmie you ( to be picked up) Damn Cat
unjonharley

Postby gyre » Mon May 23, 2011 12:25 am

Max the Kat turns out ot be a real truck cat.

Today I reached out and picked her up and put her in the truck.
She explored and started purring up a storm, then curled up in my lap.
She loves climbing around her truck.
Silly cat.
gyre

Postby FaeTora » Mon May 23, 2011 6:57 pm

My cat's are currently learning Managment - cat style. Yes, that's right. They are learning via osmosis.

"Damn humans have to make everything complicated." - my Damn cats' eyes.
We break to remind us how to mend.
FaeTora

Postby capjbadger » Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Got home today and spray painted a rough full sized outline on the ground of the new MV. Went inside to grab a pen.
Came back outside to find 2 damn cats calmly perched dead center in the outline of the bow where the driver seat will be.

How do they know??? :shock:

The 3rd damn cat was busy peeing on the "side". Damn alpha cat...

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby gyre » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:22 am

Kitty doorbell
lol

Looks like this might actually work.
Anybody tried this?
gyre

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5R6-QnWi6o[/youtube]
Ugly Dougly

Postby Psychocybin420 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:47 pm

thought i'd share my kitty :) his name is budda
If cocaine were legal, would they sell it in little packages like Sweet N' Low? Would they call it Sweet N' High?
Psychocybin420

Burning Since: 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion