Burning Man = Temporary Stupid Zone

All things outside of Burning Man.
xaramonkey
Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: yet Xara still remains

Post by xaramonkey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Savannah wrote:
That was 2000. Trust me. Hi Fred! I second the motion. Whatta mean not using enough tiedowns ? We had a couple a hundred feet of rope holding the structure down, but it wasn't until after the launching of the Biggest Box Kite Burningman Has Ever Seen that anybody with a clue noticed the "rope" was clothesline that said right on the package " 50 lb. test " Someone who shall remain nameless (Keith !) was in charge of that. Jeez-o, talk about a "proper louche"
I remember that--because it was my first year! Xara blew my mind. I seem to remember an indoor forest of giant toadstools and real grass. (I'm almost afraid to ask if there's pics, 'cause my memory might have made it even greater.) It was a fantastic thing for a virgin to have seen. I count myself incredibly lucky to have visited.

If I remember correctly, doom came in the form of a 4 hour windstorm on a Wednesday afternoon . . .
Yer mind made greater. A little. They were mushrooms made out of scrap PVC and halves of left over plastic Easter eggs. Hundreds.Hand painted and meant for the taking. Hope nobody tried to eat one. Tee-hee.
I'm sorry/ glad i didn't see you there... We'd probably be divorced by now. Live fast...die in a crash. T'was the James Dean Of Themecamps. Not too many pics. -ePlaya don't go back so far, but it's "in the Bible"

I owe you a flower,
I said to the Good Abbot John: "Why would monkeys go from being covered in fur and having thumbs on 4 limbs to being naked and only having thumbs on 2?" He said to me: "Maybe we didn't come from monkeys, maybe THEY came from US."

xaramonkey
Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: yet Xara still remains

Post by xaramonkey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Oh, yeah. On Topic.

I fell in love with a girl I shouldn't have. In 2002.
I said to the Good Abbot John: "Why would monkeys go from being covered in fur and having thumbs on 4 limbs to being naked and only having thumbs on 2?" He said to me: "Maybe we didn't come from monkeys, maybe THEY came from US."

Return to “Open Discussion”