All things outside of Burning Man.
gyre

Re: Scam Emails- For Amusement Only- Do Not Play

Post by gyre » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:26 pm

From Zambia
Think I should open the attachment?

NEW PURCHASE ORDER

Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:07 AM

Message contains attachments1 File (151b)

PRODUCTS LIST Y.html
Remax Trading Limited
100 Victoria Embankment
EC4Y 0DY
Telephone: 20 7822 5252
Facsimile: 20 7822 5951

We knew about your company products from our customer and willing to buy from you.

Please kindly check our attached October new purchase order,

Confirm to us if you/your company can make provision of the exact products.

Do provide us with FOB,CIF and the best prices.

waiting for your urgent reply.

Regards,

Andy Paul
Sales & marketing manager
Email: info.sales remaxtrade.com

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 pm

CAN YOU BE MY PARTNER

Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:14 PM

Mr.Milverton Scott
Lloyds Bank TSB
Red Lion Court 46-48 Red Lion Court SE1 9EQ

URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Dear Sir,

I hope this proposal meets you in a good state of health.

I need your help to transfer and invest
US $10,000,000.00 (Ten Million United States
Dollars Only) that accumulated as undeclared
profit made by this branch of Lloyds Bank TSB ,
London under my management.

All that is required to get the funds transferred
out of here is to put your name on the Non-
investment account holding the funds. This
practically makes you a Non-Resident customer
of Lloyds Bank TSB, London.

I will then guide you on how to apply for Closure
of the Account and credit transfer of the funds to
your designated bank account. You will get 40%
of the funds for your role.

If you get back to me with your physical contact
address and direct telephone number, we will
consummate the funds transfer within one week.
I am only to be contacted via my Private
email: {milvertonscott hotmail.com}

Sincerely,

Mr.Milverton Scott
Lloyds Bank Staff
London Uk
Last edited by gyre on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gyre

United Nations, the FBI and Interpol

Post by gyre » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 pm

United Nation and Federal Bureau Of Investigation

Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:17 AM

From: "United State Department Of Justice" <root mail.tjnu.edu.cn>

United Nation and Federal Bureau Of Investigation
Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
J.Edgar.Hoover Building Washington Dc
Customers Service Hours / Monday To Saturday
Office Hours Monday to Saturday:

Dear Beneficiary:

Series of meetings have been held over the past 7 months with the secretary general of the United Nations Organization. This ended 3 days ago. It is obvious that you have not received your fund which is to the tune of $2,500,000.00 due to past corrupt Governmental Officials who almost held the fund to themselves for their selfish reason and some individuals who have taken advantage of your fund all in an attempt to swindle your fund which has led to so many losses from your end and unnecessary delay in the receipt of your fund.

The National Central Bureau of Interpol enhanced by the United Nations and Federal Bureau of Investigation have successfully passed a mandate to the current president of Malaysia his Excellency President Mohd Najib Abdul Razak to boost the exercise of clearing all foreign debts owed to you and other individuals and organizations who have been found not to have receive their Contract Sum, Lottery/Gambling, Inheritance and the likes. Now how would you like to receive your payment? Because we have two method of payment which is by Check or by ATM card?

ATM Card: We will be issuing you a custom pin based ATM card which you will use to withdraw up to $5,000 per day from any ATM machine that has the Master Card Logo on it and the card have to be renewed in 5 years time which is 2017. Also with the ATM card you will be able to transfer your funds to your local bank account. The ATM card comes with a handbook or manual to enlighten you about how to use it. Even if you do not have a bank account.

Check: To be deposited in your bank for it to be cleared within three working days. Your payment would be sent to you via any of your preferred option and would be mailed to you via UPS. Because we have signed a contract with UPS which should expire by 4th of October 2012 you will only need to pay the sum of $350 instead of $520 because we have signed a contract with the UPS and FedEx Courier Company , So if you pay before 30th of September you save $170 Take note that anyone asking you for some kind of money above the usual fee is definitely a fraudsters and you will have to stop communication with every other person if you have been in contact with any. Also remember that all you will ever have to spend is $350 nothing more! Nothing less! And we guarantee the receipt of your fund to be successfully delivered to you within the next 24hrs after the receipt of payment has been confirmed.

Below are few list of tracking numbers you can track from UPS website to confirm people like you who have received their payment successfully.

Name: Donna L. Vargas: UPS Tracking Number: 1Z757F991598420403 (www.ups.com)
Name: Rovenda Elaine Clayton: UPS Tracking Number: 1Z757F991596606592 (www.ups.com)

Note: Everything has been taken care of by the Federal Government, The United Nation and also the FBI and including taxes, custom paper and clearance duty so all you will ever need to pay is $350.

DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU READ THIS: The actual fees for shipping your ATM card is $520 but because UPS have temporarily discontinued the C.O.D which gives you the chance to pay when package is delivered for international shipping We had to sign contract with them for bulk shipping which makes the fees reduce from the actual fee of $520 to $350 nothing more and no hidden fees of any sort!

To effect the release of your fund valued at $2,500,000.00 you are advised to contact our correspondent in Africa the delivery officer Mr. Larry Cooper with the information below,

Mr. Larry Cooper
Email: (mr.larrycooper yahoo.cn)
Phone Number: +2347051065644

You are advised to contact him with the information’s as stated below:

Your full Name............
Your Address:..............
Home/Cell Phone:..............
Preferred Payment Method (ATM / Cashier Check)

Upon receipt of payment the delivery officer will ensure that your package is sent within 24 working hours. Because we are so sure of everything we are giving you a 100% money back guarantee if you do not receive payment/package within the next 24hrs after you have made the payment for shipping.

As soon as you have contacted Mr. Larry Cooper with your full information, tell him to provide you with the details on how you are to wire down the fee to him,PS: the only fee you are paying is the Delivery of your Atm Card/ Cashier Check.

Note: This is the only funds that was due to you by compensation office, winning office and United Nation anybody telling you that you have a funds somewhere else is trying to scam you of your hard earn money, Your funds worth the sum of 2.500,000.00 usd have been signed and issued to you, so are advice to stop any contact you have been in so far with anybody because they are just scamming you of your hard earn money, And you should note that the only fee you are to pay to Mr. Larry Cooper is the sum of 350usd for the delivery of your Atm Card/Cashier Check.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs Cassandra Chandler
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535

Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Mr. Larry Cooper of the ATM CARD CENTRE who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation

gyre

The Rest of the Story ...

Post by gyre » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:52 pm

You may remember earlier correspondence with Byny Parr Parr about Klipsch speakers.

Well, today I was buying a small receiver for a few dollars from this guy, and I'm in a big hurry cause the ice creams melting, but we get to talking speakers, though he's a little hesitant in english.
We'd been talking about Klipsch speakers for awhile, when it dawned on me... I asked him if he had Cornwalls.
He did.
Are you Byny Parr Parr?
Yes! It was him!

Turns out he is mexican.
I would never have guessed that.
He is actually a very hardcore audio guy, used to be on the radio in Mexico.
Probably a dj.

What happened with his brother's speakers is they were in front of his truck and the truck rolled into them.
And that's how you destroy speakers.
Beer may have been involved.

The Mcintosh stuff he bought, he brought out a tech to fine tune it, and got a dvd player of the same brand.

It also turns out that he knew BB Cunningham, the long time musician that was killed recently while working security there.
They had met and talked music and sound quite a bit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... otout.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19945817

Anyway, well met and we plan to get together and check out sound systems and whatnot in the future.

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 pm

I don't expect the image to stay, so I will quote it.
This was posted with a solicitation ad on CL.
Do I have to say not legally effective?

From the image:

By Calling Me you Understand:

1. This is not an illegal offer. Donations are for our time and companionship only!

2. Solicitation is a crime, therefore explicit language is not tolerated on the phone.

3. You hereby agree that you are NOT part of any law enforcement agency.

gyre

Scam Netflix Ad on CL

Post by gyre » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Confirmed this with netflix.
They used the logo too.

1 year Netflix Unlimited Streaming Subscription - $15

Date: 2012-11-12, 10:52AM CST

This listing is for a 12 month subscription to the Netflix instant streaming service. Only for 14.99.

I will accept payment via PAYPAL. First come first serve. Text me if you have any question 469 274 4816. Hurry!!!

Retails for $95.88 ($7.99 per month). Save over $80.00!

• Unlimited streaming of Netflix Movies and TV Shows
• Stream up to 2 devices simultaneously.
• Watch on your PC, Mac, TV, Xbox, PS3 or any other Netflix supported device.
• Can be applied to new or existing accounts.
• Does not include the option to rent DVDs or Blu Rays, this is only for the instant streaming service.

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 am

I would imagine that some people still respond to these scams, or the scammers would just stop!
******************************************************************************************************************
UNITED NATIONS SCAM VICTIMS COMPENSATIONS PAYMENTS DEPARTMENT.
ATTENTION: BENEFACTOR,
SCAMMED VICTIM
3000 BENEFICIARIES.
REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 00181.
AMOUNT ;$950,000.00 USD.

I write to bring to your notice that I am one of the official delegate from the United Nations to BARCLAY'S BANK PLC to pay 300 (Three Hundred) scam victims $950,000.00 USD (Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand United States Dollars Only) each. You are listed and approved for this payment as one of the beneficiaries to be paid this amount as compensation.

As a result of this laudable recommendations, it is imperative to bring to your notice that during the last U.N. meetings held at New York, United States of America by all the Minister Of Finance Of All Countries, it was alarmed so much by the rest of the world in the meetings on the loose of funds by various foreigners to the scams artists, Lawyers and some dubious Bank officials operating in syndicates all over the world today. In other to redeem the good image of each country, the Secretary General of the U.N has ordered the payment of $950,000.00 USD each to the affected victims in pursuance with the U.N recommendations.

Due to the corrupt and inefficient Banking Systems in most banks around the world, the payments are to be made by BARCLAY'S BANK PLC, LONDON.

According to the number of applicants at hand, 180 Beneficiaries has been paid, 60% of the victims are from the United States, while about 40% are from other parts of the world. We still have more than 41% left to be paid the compensations of $950,000.00 USD each.

You in particular was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was arrested in London as one of their victims of the operations, After proper investigations and research at Western Union Money Transfer and Money Gram office to know if you have truly sent money to the scam Syndicates through Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram, your name was found in Western Union Money Transfer database amongst those that have sent money through Western Union Money Transfer to them and this proves that you have truly been swindled by those unscrupulous persons by sending money to them in the course of getting one fund or the other, right now we are working hand in hand with Western Union and Interpol to track every fraudsters, Lawyers and some dubious Bank officials down, you are hereby warned not to communicate or duplicate this message to anybody for any reason what so ever as The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission have combined effort with the Unit ed Nation Anti-crime

Other victims who have not been contacted can submit their application as well for scrutiny and possible consideration.

Many Banks, Universal firms, Companies and individuals have been in bankruptcy today due to the activities of these hoodlums, Lawyers and some dubious Bank officials. However, a thorough investigation have revealed that these people have dropped Millions Of victims across the world, after collecting their money falsely, many as a result of this have committed suicide, while others are now living in abject poverty.

As regards these ongoing developmental strive, we have over 59 (Fifty Nine) suspects at hand, Many in prisons. While many are awaiting trial, we are still in search of others, who think they are smart and hope that you will assist by giving any vital information that could lead to the apprehension of these hoodlums, Lawyers and some dubious Bank officials.

You would be receiving your compensation payment via VISA ATM CARD as the United Nations U.N has approved $950,000.00 USD for you, to which has been reprogrammed in to the VISA ATM CARD prepared on your name.

All that is needed from you now to receive your ATM FUND CARD is the diplomatic courier services charges, The ATM FUND CARD will be insured for it not to get lost in transit to your home address. NOTE: Under normal circumstances you are suppose to come down to our office here in London and collect your ATM CARD in person, so as to enable you sign some documents as proof of the collection of your ATM CARD but United Nations and the Finance Ministries insisted that you pay for the DELIVERY FEE ONLY of your ATM CARD to cut down travel expenses.

An official delegate of BARCLAY'S BANK PLC will call you as soon as your Visa ATM card is ready for Diplomatic Courier Service to deliver to you, I want you to know that immediately we receive your information your ATM SWIFT CARD has started been programmed and it will take 3working days for us to get everything ready and the courier company will inform you when they will dispatch it to you.

Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your United Nation Compensation ATM CARD, youre hereby advised only to be in contact with Perry Williams Mr. at barclays.perrywilliams@e-mail.ua of the ATM CARD CENTRE who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation.

However, you are required to reconfirm your details.

The needed information is asked below:-

NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY ;
STATE ;
COUNTRY ;
ZIP CODE ;
EMAIL:
DIRECT PHONE:

Congratulation in advance.

We Await Your Urgent Response.

Best Regards,
Ms. Corinne Momal-Vanian

OFFICIATING DELEGATE ATM SWIFT CARD FUND INPUT DEPARTMENT,

BARCLAY'S BANK PLC.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

Shambala wrote:I would imagine that some people still respond to these scams, or the scammers would just stop!
I suspect that the persons so caught are the most vulnerable, lonely, unsophisticated, the elderly often seem to be caught in these things (or at least in Publisher's Clearinghouse), I wouldn't be surprised if the young as well, the mentally ill--all in all the people who want to help, and need to have a human connection. Perhaps we should take the occasional day off from mocking the Nigerians and think of their victims, and of what it is about being human that means it is a trap.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:13 am

I get these nearly daily, but some are so obvious and brazen that I feel I should share....
*******************************************************************************************************

WELCOME TO WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
THIS MAIL IS ONLY FOR THE OWNER OF THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS:

Below is the information of your first payments $5000 Dollars sent to you today. But unfortunately, the managing Director of this department called us this morning and reported that you have not paid the activation fee of your MTCN $100 which you are supposed to pay earlier for the purchasing and updating of your transfer files but we have already sent out the payment out but not yet been putting on your name as the receiver. You will be receiving $5000 daily until your total amount of funds $20,000 is fully paid to you.

Since you are finding it difficult to get the $100 we have decided that you are to go ahead and pay whatever you have out of the total fee $100 required. But mind you, no amount below $100 will be accepted so we expect you to pay whatever amount from $100 and above. You are to pay whatever you have and we will activate your MTCN number and direct the transfer to your name as the receiver.

Send it to this information below:
Name:__________FEMI JOHNSON
Address:________LAGOS/NIGERIA
Text Question____Transfer?
Answer_____________Yes

Please any amount you send let us know but remember, any amount below $100 willnot be accepted. Send us the payment information's immediately after you send it

HERE IS THE MONEY DETAILS MADE TO YOU!!!
(MTCN) 6130254186
Sender's First Name: FEMI
Sender's Last Name: JOHNSON
Test Question: Color
Answer: Blue
Amount: $5000.00

Don't expose this numbers to anybody else. If you need to check the transfer
online to see that the money is posted online for you:
https://wumt.westernunion.com/asp/order ... country=BJ
Note that the money detail given to you does not bear your name as the receiver yet. As soon as we receive the fee from you, we will immediately activate your mtcn# and put your name as the receiver. Please take note; you need to go along with your passport ID or Drivers license when you need to pick up the transfer okay.

We look forward hearing from you.
Contact me with this Email (w****offices2@yahoo.com)
+234-808-1**-8416
REGARDS,
MR FEMI JOHNSON
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER AGENT

Payment sent (MTCN) 6130254186
WESTERN UNION HEAD OFFICE DEPARTMENT
LAGOS/NIGERIA. CALL ME +234-808-1**-8416
FOREGN CONTRACTOR PAYMENT OFFICE

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:34 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
Shambala wrote:I would imagine that some people still respond to these scams, or the scammers would just stop!
I suspect that the persons so caught are the most vulnerable, lonely, unsophisticated, the elderly often seem to be caught in these things (or at least in Publisher's Clearinghouse), I wouldn't be surprised if the young as well, the mentally ill--all in all the people who want to help, and need to have a human connection. Perhaps we should take the occasional day off from mocking the Nigerians and think of their victims, and of what it is about being human that means it is a trap.
This suffering is real.
That's why I started this thread.
We've had at least two eplayans post about well educated, younger people falling for lonely heart scams, in spite of people looking out for them and warning them.
I know a doctor on another forum that married a russian, became entangled with the russian mob, and ultimately was attacked on usa soil.
Hard to understand that one.
Made no sense.
He did change his opinion about guns and personal defense while being attacked in public.

The older woman I have mentioned whose husband repeatedly fell for these scams, they have both died.
The house, nice but in a modest neighborhood, was left with a $180,000 debt on it.
It is worth a fraction of that.
They were fairly secure at one time and I have no idea how much this cost them in total, but her last days were fraught, when they did not need to be.
She had enough problems with her health.

My good friend's mother was taken for a lot and it started by local mail and similar contacts.
He ended up taking on $23,000 in debt, and I don't know how much she lost in all.
She is now in an indigent care home.
His ability to take care of himself and others, which is what he does, is now severely limited.
So this ripples to affect many others.

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:15 am

What do you think?
Real ad or scam?

Craigslist

i have an extra 12 month netflix subscription voucher - selling cheap - $35

if interested text or call me ---------- ... regular price is 7.99/month or 95 for the year
i can take paypal, google checkout (credit card) or meet you in town for cash

will remove once sold

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:53 pm

C'mon
Any guesses?

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:40 am

I actually tested the netflix code with netflix, verified it and paid for it.

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:41 am

July 8, 2013
Crossville , TN
Nude swimmer distracts home burglary victim

By Michael R. Moser Editor

While a nude female swimmer in his Camelot subidivision home's backyard pool had him distracted, the woman's accomplice was inside the victim's home stealing his personal property. Both made a clean getaway.

The incident took place last Saturday on Canterbury Lane around 3 p.m. at the home of a 54-year-old man who told police that a couple who live nearby approached his home when the woman suddenly told her husband to go back and retrieve her cigarettes, according to Ptl. Camden Davis' report.

The woman then approached the victim and asked him about his pool, and if she could take a swim. He told the woman it would be OK and led her to the rear of his house where the pool is located.

The woman then asked if it would bother him if she swam in the nude, and he replied that it would not. She proceeded to take off her clothes and jumped into the pool, swimming for about 20 minutes. The home owner retrieved a towel from inside his home, the woman dried off, dressed and left.

It was at that point he re-entered his home to discover that he had been robbed of a handgun, jewelry and medication. Loss was placed at $1,195, according to Davis' report.

Two suspects have been identified but have not been found by police for questioning.
-

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:44 pm

I know a journalist looking for tickets, so I got curious.
Amazingly there are some.
And this -

http://reno.craigslist.org/tix/4632824455.html

burning man wrist band. unlimited access in and out - $900 (brc)

friday 2014-08-22# tix : 1
Okay I have legit service worker wrist band that allows you to leave and re enter. This isn't a fake or a scam. Totally 100%. To prove it's real I am currently on playa and if your are needing this to get in and you have people out here I will meet them on playa and personally show them how it works. Also I will provide my playa address
I am asking 900 but if I am able to get the wrist band back I will take 550.
If interested feel free to text or email. No phone calls please
Thanks
And happy burn

Return to “Open Discussion”