Cancer remedies

All things outside of Burning Man.
can't sit still

Cancer remedies

Post by can't sit still » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 pm

I haven't started a new topic in a while. It's time that I presented something that isn't doom and gloom. I receive a couple of medical journals and find lots of interesting stuff on the net. I'll post it when I come across it. Cancer is of interest to all. Who knows where it will hit?
The latest news is for a DNA treatment that seems to be very effective.
“The tumours were completely gone within 10 days."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/heal ... -1.1022114
I have lot of other news like this. Hopefully, others will add their knowledge.
Dan
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:34 pm

I notice the type of cancer isn't specified. I think one of the issues with "a cure for cancer" is that there may have to be a cure for each type of cancer. And that's one long road.

But any progress is promising.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:44 pm

AntiM, they just need to knock them down one at a time. Cuba has a vaccine for breast cancer AND lung cancer. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/19/cu ... index.html
Dunno where the reference is for breast cancer. I've got LOTS more to post,,, natch ! :mrgreen:
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:05 pm

can't sit still wrote:AntiM, they just need to knock them down one at a time. Cuba has a vaccine for breast cancer AND lung cancer. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/19/cu ... index.html
Dunno where the reference is for breast cancer. I've got LOTS more to post,,, natch ! :mrgreen:
Wait...what?

I mean.....what?

Are you sure that word means what you think it means? Because I do not think it means what you think it means.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:13 am

I just quote them as I find them. And yes, you did point out that the word "vaccine" is misused. So is the word "moot" and "decimate" ,,, and many others. I'm not going to try to change people's perception or understanding .

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 am

Ranger Genius wrote:
can't sit still wrote:AntiM, they just need to knock them down one at a time. Cuba has a vaccine for breast cancer AND lung cancer. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/19/cu ... index.html
Wait...what?

I mean.....what?

Are you sure that word means what you think it means? Because I do not think it means what you think it means.
MSMBC repoted on a vaccine for breast cancer just last week...

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 am

Brain Cancer: It's all in yer head
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:55 pm

This is a subject that gets the hair up on the back of my neck. The horrendous quackery going on, particularly in Mexican clinics is a booming business.

60 minutes did a segment recently on a quack in this country who sends his clients to be "treated" in Mexico using what he calls a "stem cell" therapy. The real answer as reported was that there currently is no stem cell therapy program for cancer that works.

I know from personal experience with an extended family member how capable of serious harm these places and people are. They convinced our elderly lady relative that if she wasn't cured of her throat cancer, it is her fault for not following their program closely enough. They had all her teeth pulled out because they insisted that the dental material in her mouth was somehow a poisonous carcinogen. $80k later, briefly following their pronouncement that she was cancer free, she was rushed to the emergency room unable to breathe as the cancer finally completely obstructed her airway. Our sweet little lady is very lucky that she had a form of cancer that was contained to one area and never metastacized. Too many are sent home believing the lies and chicanery who instead of getting the treatment they really need, rely on these modern snake oil salesmen.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:29 pm

Polygala Senega Extract
Active Ingredient : Saponins 5%

Common Name : Senega Roots, Seneca Snakeroot

Chemical Constituents and Components : Main chemical components are triterpenoid saponins, senegin, polygalic acid, sapogenin, sengins, phenolic acids, methyl salicylate and polygalitol.

Action :
Saponins:
4. It significantly reduces the level of blood triglycerides.
5. It reduces the high blood sugar level to normal without altering the insulin concentration.
6. It inhibites glucose absorption by suppressing the transfer of glucose from the stomach to the small intestine and by inhibiting the glucose transport system at the small intestinal brush border.
7. It causes increase in antibody producing cells.

Curing Diseases :
1. It is used in bronchitis and asthma.
2. It treats bronchitis, tracheitis, emphysema and inflammation of the respiratory tract.
3. It is used for treatment of rheumatism, colds, inflammation, and bleeding wounds.
4. It stimulates bronchial mucous gland secretion.

Research Information:
Saponin extract of Polygala senega is useful as immunological adjuvants to enhance immune responses against antibody. It enhances immunological responses and accompanying antigen to stimulate non-specific immunity. (Ref. Branka, Barl and et.al., Polygala senega compositions and methods of use, United States Patent 6241995)

Possible Combinations : Senega + alfalfa + glycyrrhiza glabra + matricaria chamomila + sarsaparilla + dandelion + saw palmetto + gentian + thyme (energy booster).

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:34 pm

misfit
Camp Name: wish you were here

Post by misfit » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:59 pm

mom has an old bottle that looks like a claw/talon, front of bottle states, "Thallium water, a cure all. can also be used to kill rats.". multi-purpose meds..... :shock:
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sat May 01, 2010 5:23 pm

There is an announcement of a vaccine for prostate cancer.
"Tests show that it can prolong the life of terminal patients by around four months, one month longer than traditional chemotherapy. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... ccine.html
Gee, one more month. I suppose that you get to keep your hair too.
Far better to go to Loma Linda and get the "proton treatment"
http://www.protons.com/

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Thu May 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Another announcement;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... ncers.html
There is an Italian oncologist who claims to have good results treating certain cancers with Baking soda. http://gaia-health.org/articles/000027- ... nate.shtml
He does show that Ph is very important in cancer progression.

LostinReno
Burning Since: 2009

Post by LostinReno » Fri May 21, 2010 12:27 pm

can't sit still wrote: Far better to go to Loma Linda and get the "proton treatment"
http://www.protons.com/
I have a coworker that just went through this for prostate. He seems to be in full remission so far. He's been back for a few months.

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Fri May 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm sorry CSS, could not resist,,,,, Dr. Gonzalez said, ",,,all those years of hard work have finally paid off as trials show that Cubans with lung cancer are living a little longer after having the vaccine."

Does that mean they previously died immediately after having the vaccine?
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri May 21, 2010 2:56 pm

You'd think they'd just lay off the cigars, but no...

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 pm

can't sit still wrote:Another announcement;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... ncers.html
There is an Italian oncologist who claims to have good results treating certain cancers with Baking soda. http://gaia-health.org/articles/000027- ... nate.shtml
He does show that Ph is very important in cancer progression.
I have discussed the pH idea with several physicians. It is difficult to raise the pH much above normal for any period of time in vivo. The body will naturally neutralize anomalous values quickly. By nature, the blood supply to tumors is exceptionally generous and blood cannot function in high pH environment. The high pH infusion would have to be continuous while protecting the rest of the body from hyperalkalosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_alkalosis

Current chemotherapies of diminishing the blood supply while limiting tissue-specific mitosis are logical. Increasing the alkalinity of the tumor is inconsistent with the survival of healthy tissues.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Fri May 21, 2010 6:43 pm

I also read some promising results from drugs that blocked "autogenisis". I have another post to do regarding a doctor who removes all the organs in the abdomen and treats each one with hot chemo drug and then washes the abdomen with same,,, then shoves it all back in.
It's in a news letter that I need to copy.
Dunno about life expectancy for the Cuban vaccine.
Fidel actually quit.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:02 pm

There's a new report on advances in cancer detection;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... elops.html
There are also some interesting links at the left side of the page.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Trish, are you at all familiar with the work of Antione Priore?
http://www.stealthskater.com/Documents/Priore_6.pdf

"Solid support and reckless resistance
The apparatus has been given solid support from French scientific and techno-
logical circles as well as unexplainable resistance from the nonmilitary scientific
community of the United States. There is so much intrigue involved in the scien-
tific community that the whole system remains enshrouded in an aura of mystery,
in spite of the high quality of technical and scientific material available.
France has supported the development of the apparatus mainly because of the en-
couragement of Robert Courtier, permanent Secretary (for Chemical, Natural, Bio-
logical and Medical Sciences and their applications) of the French Academic des
Sciences. With such back-up, the French Delegation Generate a la Recherche Scien-
tifiqueet Technique has awarded contracts for several millions of dollars, since 1977,
towards the development of a third-generation Priore machine. Such financial
commitment has come in spite of the fact that even according to the evaluation
conducted by Dr. J. B. Bateman, on behalf of the United States Navy, Office of
Naval Research, London Branch, there was no technical need to develop larger
Priore machines-because the system works for the treatment of cancer anyway!
When, in the United States, the Nobel laureate, Dr. William Phelps Allis, at the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (and an expert in plasma physics), and Dr.Solid support and reckless resistance
The apparatus has been given solid support from French scientific and techno-
logical circles as well as unexplainable resistance from the nonmilitary scientific
community of the United States. There is so much intrigue involved in the scien-
tific community that the whole system remains enshrouded in an aura of mystery,
in spite of the high quality of technical and scientific material available.
France has supported the development of the apparatus mainly because of the en-
couragement of Robert Courtier, permanent Secretary (for Chemical, Natural, Bio-
logical and Medical Sciences and their applications) of the French Academic des
Sciences. With such back-up, the French Delegation Generate a la Recherche Scien-
tifiqueet Technique has awarded contracts for several millions of dollars, since 1977,
towards the development of a third-generation Priore machine. Such financial
commitment has come in spite of the fact that even according to the evaluation
conducted by Dr. J. B. Bateman, on behalf of the United States Navy, Office of
Naval Research, London Branch, there was no technical need to develop larger
Priore machines-because the system works for the treatment of cancer anyway!
When, in the United States, the Nobel laureate, Dr. William Phelps Allis, at the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (and an expert in plasma physics), and Dr.
Jean Carstoiu (an expert in magnetohydrodynamics renowned for extending the
Maxwell equations to the evaluation of the ponderomotor forces), recently
attempted to invite Antoine Priore to do post-graduate work at M.I.T., another
dean and head of the Center for Cancer Research, S. E. Luria, managed to abort the
motion. Not even the offer to build a Priore machine at M.I.T. was found to be
acceptable by the cancerologists. This is rather typical of the resistance, and even
disparaging rumours that have been made against the device in the cancer
research field, by such persons as the late Sir Alexander Haddow of the Institute of
Cancer Research, Royal Cancer Hospital, London and even cancerologists in the
French Republic.
Demonstrated capabilities
Since 1964, independent researchers have done some crucial analyses with the
machine, sometimes conducted repeatedly with success under lock and key and
under the eye of a bailiff appointed by a Commission de Controle of university offi-
cials and local dignitaries. These researches have demonstrated the following
capabilities.
* Macroscopic regression of tumor growth and lymph node metastases, with no
relapse for up to three months in rats implanted subcutaneously with uterine
carcinoma. The rats regained good general health.
* Complete cure of cancer grafts for all twenty-four rats under the Priore ma-
chine, when in a control group all died within a month.
* Attenuation of hypercholesterolemia in rabbits.
* Survival of mice injected with fatal doses of trypanosoma equiperdum.

Jean Carstoiu (an expert in magnetohydrodynamics renowned for extending the
Maxwell equations to the evaluation of the ponderomotor forces), recently
attempted to invite Antoine Priore to do post-graduate work at M.I.T., another
dean and head of the Center for Cancer Research, S. E. Luria, managed to abort the
motion. Not even the offer to build a Priore machine at M.I.T. was found to be
acceptable by the cancerologists. This is rather typical of the resistance, and even
disparaging rumours that have been made against the device in the cancer
research field, by such persons as the late Sir Alexander Haddow of the Institute of
Cancer Research, Royal Cancer Hospital, London and even cancerologists in the
French Republic.
Demonstrated capabilities
Since 1964, independent researchers have done some crucial analyses with the
machine, sometimes conducted repeatedly with success under lock and key and
under the eye of a bailiff appointed by a Commission de Controle of university offi-
cials and local dignitaries. These researches have demonstrated the following
capabilities.
* Macroscopic regression of tumor growth and lymph node metastases, with no
relapse for up to three months in rats implanted subcutaneously with uterine
carcinoma. The rats regained good general health.
* Complete cure of cancer grafts for all twenty-four rats under the Priore ma-
chine, when in a control group all died within a month.
* Attenuation of hypercholesterolemia in rabbits.
* Survival of mice injected with fatal doses of trypanosoma equiperdum."

This is from a PDF that I can't seem to link. Priore's work is fascinating.

FaeTora

Post by FaeTora » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:14 pm

I don't know how I feel about DNA modifications, but they may end up being a viable option at some point. Right now its possible to test embroyos for gender with about 75 percent accuracy I believe it was (Its been a few years since I read the study results). In ten years, who knows how much more we will be able to know and test.

One of the harder things to figure out is prevention. We have a hard time pin pointing a cause of any or all cancers because even people with no known family history and who lead healthy lives still can and do get cancer.

Alkaline-nuetral diets, Raw foods, Fruit Smoothie Diet, Western or Eastern doctors, etc. all have different views and studies to back their claim that this or that works to prevent it but none have been proven to be 100% effective. Only to increase or decease your odds.

I still have mixed feelings about animal testing too but know that for somethings (like cancer research) it is needed to save lives. What I don't agree with are people that slaughter say sharks just for their fins thinking it will cure them of cancer (I'm not making this up) and are depleting the ocean of yet another animal for literally no results. But I'll get off my soap box.

Vaccines for cancer would be nice as a preventive measure but I also fear it will make people less likely to get screened after they recieve said vaccine. Its kind of the same issue I had with the research fiasco that occurred over self-breast exams a few years back. Basically they stated that any bump large enough to be found by a woman doing a self-exam would have been growing for awhile and would have been detectable without one. Yeah, lets encourage woman NOT to check themselves. I don't know about most women but I only see my OBGYN once a year so I check my self every month. Women in my age group have the highest mortality rate because doctors don't even believe woman can get it that young and insurance companies won't cover a Mammographic screening until your over a certain age or if you have a family history of it. Luckly my city has a woman health clinic where its free.
We break to remind us how to mend.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:04 am

Research at the Cleveland Clinic ON MICE has produced a vaccine for breast cancer that completely eliminated breast cancer in their pier reviewed study. Additionally, there was some evidence that the vaccine when given after tumors were present would also aide in reducing their size.

HOWEVER, this has not yet been tried on humans. They are going to be going into human trials shortly, but at this time they have NO FUNDING for these trials and though hopeful, predictions are that the vaccine will not be available for ten years.

As I trust the information coming out of the Cleveland Clinic, it would make the claim that Cuba already has a vaccine a bit dubious to say the least.

JK
unjonharley wrote:
Ranger Genius wrote:
Wait...what?

I mean.....what?

MSMBC repoted on a vaccine for breast cancer just last week...
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm

This paper is a "prospectus" on very interesting news as far as disease cures;
http://www.angelnexus.com/o/web/21667

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:40 am

90 % reduction in cancer mortality;
http://gordonresearch.com/articles_lead ... lumer.html
For those of you who don't know about IV chelation, it would be a good idea to read up on it.

Playa Foot

Post by Playa Foot » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 pm

My physican went through many years of higher education then through more years of hands on training. Why should I ignore his advice and listen to a snake oil huckster who would be more suited selling used cars?

geekster

Post by geekster » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 pm

One interesting concept that has come to light recently is that people are eating too well and not getting enough sunlight and this could be resulting in more cancers of certain types (even though the overall cancer rate in the US has actually been in decline for some 20 years).

The notion is that being too well nourished and loaded with lots of vitamins makes for very healthy cancer cells. Cells that might otherwise die from other weaknesses are allowed to survive. There are some other validations of this in that studies show that people with lower caloric intakes and people who do not take vitamin supplements actually have a lower rate of cancer.

The other striking data is that people who do not get enough direct sunlight seem to get more of various internal cancers such as breast, prostate, and pancreatic cancer. People who are not deficient in Vitamin D have less of them. So there appears to be some protective benefit from vitamin D. Now that isn't to say that people who have adequate levels of vitamin D won't get cancer because they certainly do. It is just a number that has come out of some recent research.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:01 pm

The Chinese are getting results in using antibiotics to treat breast cancer;
http://www.rense.com/general91/antib.htm
If you read the paper I cited on Chelation, it becomes obvious that cancer is caused primarily by our poisonous environment.

"as to the contrast between 'civilised' and 'uncivilised' coun­tries since 1900, Dr. Berglas wrote: 'Accounts of regions free from cancer reveal the influence of civilization on the processes of cancer. . . . We are faced with the grim prospect that the advance of cancer and of civilization parallel each other.' "
"The answer to this question from eye witnesses at the time is unanimously, No. Primitive peoples have no more immunity to cancers than we have. Once introduced to 'civilised' foods they succumb to the disease as readily as we do. While there were no known cases of cancer when Dr Albert Schweitzer first went to in Gabon,"
http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cancer-3.html
We simply poison ourselves.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Our cancerous environment;
"A report released in the US earlier this year by the President's Cancer Panel concluded that the risk of environmentally induced cancer has been grossly underestimated"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... -chemicals

geekster

Post by geekster » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:08 pm

it becomes obvious that cancer is caused primarily by our poisonous environment.
Well, then, considering that the environment today is MUCH less poisonous than it was when I was a kid in the 1960's, people would have little to worry about.

From a 2001 report:
The rates for new cancer cases and deaths for all cancers combined continued to decline in the United States, according to a report released today which includes new data for the period between 1992 to 1998.
From a 2009 report from the same entity (National Cancer Institute):
Rates of new diagnoses and rates of death from all cancers combined declined significantly in the most recent time period for men and women overall and for most racial and ethnic populations in the United States, according to a report from leading health and cancer organizations.

The drops are driven largely by declines in rates of new cases and rates of death for the three most common cancers in men (lung, prostate, and colorectal cancers) and for two of the three leading cancers in women (breast and colorectal cancer). New diagnoses for all types of cancer combined in the United States decreased, on average, almost 1 percent per year from 1999 to 2006. Cancer deaths decreased 1.6 percent per year from 2001 to 2006.
Something to keep in mind is that as we age, with every passing year we are more likely to experience cancer ourselves, know someone who has, or know someone who knows someone who has. That is just the mathematical reality. But overall, incidence of cancer is in decline in the US. I grew up in a time when radioactive fallout from above ground nuclear tests in Nevada was falling on us all across the Midwest and Eastern US. Emission controls on cars were non-existent. You could literally not breathe some days in Los Angeles and Pittsburgh. In fact, you could smell Pittsburgh an hour before you got there. Chesapeake Bay was covered in foams of various colors mingled with dead fish. Sewerage was dumped directly into rivers and streams without treatment. We poured our waste crankcase oil on the dirt driveway to keep the dust down. Gasoline had lead in it on purpose to help the engine valves seal better. The movie theater had asbestos curtains and they smoked cigarettes at Mission Control in Houston and practically every other workplace in the US.

The environment today is orders of magnitude cleaner than it was only 30 years ago and it is getting cleaner with every passing year.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Much of the decline is due to cigarettes and lead. The overall environment is getting worse. The volume of pollutants may be less here but, their toxicity is higher. I won't mention Corexit. :wink:
The pollutant load in the oceans is going up;
http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 02077.html
North American rivers may be cleaner but BRIC makes up for that. Everything from israel to Colombia has heavily polluted rivers. The Ganges is a sight to behold,,, especially in Varanasi / Benares.
Even if the incidence of cancer is going down, our food pollutants are causing other problems;
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter. ... ifier=4478
Our pesticides are linked to parkinsons. Aspartame mimics MS;
http://www.aspartamekills.com/symptoms.htm
Alzheimer seems to be related to aluminum exposure but some researchers say that the damages look like damage from diabetes. I guess that the jury is still out.
IV chelation can address all of this. That's the primary reason that it isn't done much in several states.
The pollutant load causes many diseases and conditions besides cancer. There was a woman researcher who did a study at a juvenile detention center. She put half the kids on a strict natural diet. They had no further discipline problems with those kids.
Even trace elements like Lithium have been shown to be important;
http://www.springerlink.com/content/f80125p556m6q335/
There are lots of results from pollutants besides cancer.

Return to “Open Discussion”