Cancer remedies

All things outside of Burning Man.
Snowah Zark

Post by Snowah Zark » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:19 pm

oh go suckle on alex jones's teat why dont cha.
Mi casa y su casa.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Heer are a couple more interesting papers on cancer;
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/healthussmoking
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... c-DNA.html
There is a lot of interesting info coming out that dispels long-held beliefs about cancer.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:54 pm

This is an interesting discovery that relates cancer resistance to one kind of dwarfism;
http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-1574 ... h-24228792
Not sure about the link.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:52 am

Interesting read. http://www.paudarco.org/

"Did You Know...
... that a South American Indian folk medicine called Pau d'Arco is being used by physicians to successfully treat various forms of cancer -- including leukemia -- as well as other debilitating diseases?

Pau d'Arco Tree Pau d'Arco is a natural herb derived from the inner bark of the Tabebuia Impetiginosa or Tabebuia Avellanedae trees, also known as taheebo. Taheebo refers to flowering trees belonging to the Bignoniaceae family. The trees are most commonly found in Central and South America, but may also be grown in southern Florida. Pau d'Arco has been used throughout history by Indio tribes of South America, as well as the ancient Incas and Aztecs. The bark is dried, shredded, and then boiled to produce a tea known as Lapacho. Pau d'Arco's medicinal qualities are derived from its main active ingredients, namely lapachol, quercetin, and other flavonoids.

According to medical reports published in South American periodicals, Pau d'Arco tea or tincture concoctions have had beneficial effects for cancer victims -- including complete remission of cancerous tumors and alleviation of chemotherapy's adverse effects.

Prior to the discovery of its anti-cancer properties, the Pau d'Arco species of trees was primarily used for timber. Due to the Pau d'Arco wood's insect resistance and durability, it has, and still continues to be used for furniture, decking, and other outdoor uses. Reports of Pau d'Arco's medicinal properties were first published in 1873 by Dr. Joaquin Almeida Pinto, who prescribed it for fevers, rheumatic disorders, ulcers and skin disorders like herpes, eczema and the mange.

How Pau d'Arco Was Shown to
Consistently Eliminate Cancer in 30 Days

In the early 1960s, the miraculous story of a young girl from Rio de Janeiro (who was stricken with cancer) surfaced. The medical establishment had told the girl's parents there was nothing more they could do for her, and that her cancer was in the advanced, terminal phase. One of the girl's relatives, however, contacted an Indian tribal doctor who said that cancer could be cured with Pau d'Arco. The girl's parents made a brew from the bark pieces given by the medicine man and gave it to the girl to drink. After taking the herbal tea every morning, the girl's pain disappeared -- and within a month, she was restored to health, and her physician declared her cancer-free.

Pau d'Arco BarkStunned by the news of the girl's miraculous recovery from cancer, Dr. Orlando dei Santi took samples of the Pau d'Arco bark to the Municipal Hospital of Santo Andre, a suburb of Sao Paulo, where he was a resident physician. His cancer-stricken brother was a patient of the hospital, and his cancer was both inoperable and terminal. Dr. dei Santi boiled the bark in white wine, combined the tea with orange juice and gave it to his brother to drink. His brother's pain disappeared immediately, and after a month of the Pau d'Arco treatment, a thorough examination found no trace of cancer in his body.

Thereafter, Dr. dei Santi began using Pau d'Arco to treat other cancer patients. Other doctors learned of Pau d'Arco's curative powers, and subsequently joined dei Santi's cancer-fighting team. Working together, they were able to cure several cancer patients, many of whom were terminally ill. Medical documentation accompanied the patients' cures. In the decades that followed, Pau d'Arco (Lapacho) has become accepted as a standard form of prescribed treatment for certain forms of cancer and infections because of the work done by Dr. Orlando dei Santi at the Municipal Hospital in Santo Andre.

The physicians prescribing Pau d'Arco observed that the pain suffered by cancer patients (particularly leukemia) disappeared within hours after the tea was administered to them. They also noticed that almost without fail, most patients no longer showed any symptoms of cancer within 30 days of treatment. Also to their amazement, they noticed that many of the other ailments from which some of the cancer patients suffered -- such as diabetes and diseases that were caused by viruses -- were healed even more rapidly than the cancer!

Clinical studies conducted in the 90s have proven the cancer-destroying ability of Pau d'Arco. Taheebo Japan Company, Ltd. located in Osaka, Japan conducted clinical laboratory tests at Tokyo University and other medical laboratories. They proved that a tea containing constituents extracted from the Pau d'Arco tree bark "remarkably inhibits the growth" and "exhibits selective toxicity" of 23 specific types of cancer cells including breast, prostate, cervical, ovarian, lung, pancreatic, thyroid, urinary bladder and renal cancer cells, as well as lymphoma and leukemia. It was also found to "inhibit the growth almost completely" and "cause necrosis (death)" in 12 specific types of malignant cancer tumors. The clinical studies culminated in the issuance of a U.S. Patent to Taheebo Japan Company on September 2, 1997 for their Pau d'Arco tea product called "NFD."

In addition to its anti-cancer properties, Pau d'Arco also has medicinal value because of its antioxidant, anti-viral, antimicrobial, anti-parisiticidal, analgesic, laxative, expectorant and anti-inflammatory effects that alleviate a diverse array of health problems.

In his book titled The Healing Power of Pau d'Arco, author Walter Lubeck stated that there isn't just one individual "miracle active ingredient" in Pau d'Arco responsible for all the healing benefits. Its wide spectrum healing power comes from the balanced state and harmonious combination of the substances contained within the bark. If the components are used in an isolated manner, instead of wholistically, the synergistic healing power is lost.

The PauDarco.org website recommends the following dosage for maximum benefits from Pau d'Arco: Drink 1 cup (8 ozs) of Pau d'Arco tea 2 to 8 times per day. Use 1 tablespoon of loose bark per 8 ozs of water, slow boiled for 20 minutes. When using an extract, follow the directions given on the product's label. As a tincture (1:5 ratio), take 1 mL 2-3 times per day. In capsule or pill form, take 1000mg 3 times a day."

Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Fire_Moose wrote:There have also been some studies about oral sex lowering yer risk of breast cancer by as much as 47%
FALSE.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/fellatio.htm

Oral Sex Reduces the Risk of Breast Cancer - Fiction!
Summary of the eRumor
The story, which is on a CNN page, says that research has found that women who perform fellatio several times a week experience a significant improvement in the chances of escaping breast cancer.
The Truth
This story is a hoax.
When you go to the web address that has circulated in the eRumor (http://hob.allens.com/cnn/), you get an explanation from a men identifying himself as Brandon Williamson, a student at North Carolina State University.
He says he wrote the phony CNN story as a joke and intended that it would be seen by only a few friends.
Within a few days, however, he found out that the page, which had been posted on the University's website, had been visited more than a half-million times.
He got into trouble with the Associate Press (the original version had identified the article as from AP) and the university, so he's altered the article to accomodate their concerns.
Last updated 10/30/03

A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:
Doctors had never suspected a link between the act of fellatio and breast cancer, but new research being performed is starting to suggest that there could be an important link between the two.
In a study of over 15,000 women suspected of having performed regular fellatio over the past ten years, the researchers found that those actually having performed the act regularly, one to two times a week, had a lower occurance of breast cancer than those who had not. There was no increased risk, however, for those who did not regularly perform.
"I think it removes the last shade of doubt that fellatio is actually a healthy act," said Dr. B.J. Sooner of the Hopkins School of Medicine, who was not involved in the research. "I am surprised by these findings, but am also excited that the researchers may have discovered a relatively easy way to lower the occurance of breast cancer in women."
The University researchers stressed that, though breast cancer is relatively uncommon, any steps taken to reduce the risk would be a wise decision.
"Only with regular performance will your chances be reduced, so I encourage all women out there to make fellatio an important part of their daily routine," said Dr. Inserta Shafteer, one of the researchers. "Since the emergence of the research, I try to fellate at least once every other night to reduce my chances."
The study is reported in Friday's Journal of Medical Research.
In 1991, 43,582 women died of breast cancer, as reported by the National Cancer Institute.
Dr. Len Lictepeen, deputy chief medical officer for the American Cancer Group, said women should not overlook or "play down" these findings.

"This will hopefully change women's practice and patterns, resulting in a severe drop in the future number of cases," Lictepeen said.

Sooner said the research shows no increase in the risk of breast cancer in those who are, for whatever reason, not able to fellate regularly.

"There's definitely fertile ground for more research. Many have stepped forward to volunteer for related research now in the planning stages," he said.

Almost every woman is, at some point, going to perform the act of fellatio, but it is the frequency at which this event occurs that makes the difference, say researchers.

The reasearch consisted of two groups, 6,246 women ages 25 to 45 who had performed fellatio on a regular basis over the past five to ten years, and 9,728 women who had not. The group of women who had performed fellatio had a breast cancer rate of 1.9 percent and the group who had not had a breast cancer rate of 10.4 percent.

"The findings do suggest that there are other causes for breast cancer besides the absence of regular fellatio," Shafteer said. "It's a cause, not THE cause."

"The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University."
[/url]

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 pm

There is lots more info coming out on the effect of vitamin D on cancer.
http://www.naturalnews.com/031577_vitam ... earch.html

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Monkeypoo, if you won't believe that oral sex cures cancer,,, how about pot curing cancer?
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/what-if- ... ed-cancer/

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:58 pm

This looks interesting. it's from one of the medical newsletters that I receive.

Did You Know...

... that an extract from the pawpaw tree has been shown to be 300 times as toxic to cancer as chemotherapy ... and 1 million times stronger than some cancer drugs?

Pawpaw Tree The common pawpaw (Asimina triloba) is a fruit tree native to North America, particularly the temperate woodlands of the U.S. Its twigs contain acetogenins, powerhouse cancer-destroying compounds. Acetogenins kill not only cancer cells but multi-drug-resistant cancer cells. In fact, they appear especially effective against cancer cells that have survived chemotherapy.

Only 2% of cancer cells are naturally drug resistant. But once resistant cells survive chemotherapy, they can multiply precipitously. Once that happens, additional chemo may be useless.

Acetogenins, however, work differently than chemo. Instead of attacking rapidly dividing cells directly, acetogenins choke them off by blocking adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the chemical fuel they need to survive.

In 1997, Cancer Letters and the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry published breakthrough discoveries on pawpaw, acetogenins, and cancer. Researchers have now published more than 100 scientific papers on pawpaw investigations that began in 1976 at Purdue University, one of the most highly regarded universities in the nation.

Back then, Dr. Jerry McLaughlin was a professor of pharmacognosy at Purdue's School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the National Cancer Institute had just awarded him funding to scour the plant world for anticancer botanicals. For 3 decades McLaughlin searched, screening more than 3,500 plant species. His findings astonished the scientific community.

McLaughlin's team identified plant substances that were in some cases thousands of times more deadly to cancer cells than chemotherapy drugs. The substances proved safe, too. One study reported that pawpaw was 300 times as toxic against cancer as a leading chemotherapy drug -- without causing weight loss and hair loss. Nor do acetogenins appear carcinogenic. "I don't think we'll have to worry about these [acetogenins] ever causing cancer -- as some anticancer agents do," McLaughlin told reporters at Purdue.

Tumor-fighting acetogenins -- also known to be antiviral, antifungal, and antiparasitic -- are found in many plants. But none are as potent against cancer as those in pawpaw. For example, pawpaw's South American relative, graviola, has been widely publicized for its cancer-fighting properties. Yet, common pawpaw has repeatedly been proven to be significantly more powerful.

In all, scientists have isolated some 400 acetogenins. One known as bullatacin, found first in a Cuban native plant, showed phenomenal results. In tests by a major pharmaceutical company, bullatacin proved 1 million times stronger than the cancer drug cisplatin in inhibiting growth of human ovarian tumors transplanted into mice. McLaughlin's team isolated bullatacin in pawpaw, too. "[We don't] have to rely on Cuba to get bullatacin, the most potent acetogenin," McLaughlin said. Trilobacin, another pawpaw acetogenin, suppressed growth in cultured cells of several cancers, such as:
leukemia small-cell lung cancer colon cancer melanoma ovarian cancer renal cancer

Some pharmaceutical companies have tried -- not yet successfully -- to create a synthetic, patentable version of pawpaw. Since they can't patent natural plant agents, that means they can't expect to make profits from them. This may explain the absence of clinical studies despite pawpaw's documented and formidable anticancer activity.

One informal and unpublished clinical trial in 2003 showed promise, though. In association with McLaughlin, Dr. James Forsythe of the Reno Cancer Screening and Treatment Center in Nevada led a trial of 94 terminal stage IV cancer patients who had already undergone traditional cancer treatment. In results from a selection of 10 positive case studies, pawpaw extract ...

==> Reduced tumor markers
==> Reduced tumor size
==> Increased longevity

Forsythe's trial used pawpaw extract that McLaughlin developed after his 1999 retirement from Purdue. As a scientist, McLaughlin knew a natural extract had to be standardized against variables. Acetogenin levels in pawpaw vary by as much as 1,000 times by plant and month of harvest. Other variables influence acetogenins, too, such as the specific pawpaw species, 8 of which are native to the United States. McLaughlin's findings are for Asimina triloba, or common pawpaw. Here are other variables:
Acetogenins are much more plentiful in pawpaw's twigs than its fruit or leaves Acetogenin levels in twigs peak during the month of May Levels of acetogenins vary by location of the trees Some groves produce much higher levels than others

Against these challenges, McLaughlin finally perfected and patented an extraction and standardization process. He licensed his patent for this methodology to one manufacturer, Nature's Sunshine, which now produces Cell-Reg, the only standardized pawpaw extract available to consumers.

For his achievements, McLaughlin has earned enduring recognition. In 2007, he was awarded the prestigious Tyler Prize for research on botanicals by the American Society of Pharmacognosy, an organization over which McLaughlin once presided. Most importantly, though, his pawpaw discovery is finally available for use by cancer patients in their fight against a dreaded disease with no known cure. What better reward could there be for a scientist who dedicated 30 years of research to battling cancer through nature?

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 pm

How Essiac Tea Has Been Shown
to Fight Cancer and AIDS

In This Issue:

* Did You Know ...?
* Featured Topic: The Natural Remedy for Insomnia: How to Solve the Problem of Sleeplessness for Good
* A Word from Our Sponsor: The Hushed-Up Truth About DMSO

Did You Know...

... that a natural tea called Essiac has been shown to fight cancer and AIDS?

Essiac Tea Essiac's powerful 4-herb formula traces back to an Ojibwe healer in Northern Canada who developed the recipe for use in his healing practice. When he met a woman who was suffering from breast cancer and trying to avoid surgery, the healer entrusted his recipe to her. Within several months, the woman was cured with no surgery.

She had no cancer recurrence until 30 years later, in 1922. That's when she met a nurse named Rene Caisse. When Caisse heard the amazing story, she was overwhelmed by the medicinal power of herbs and went on to dedicate 50 years of her life to curing cancer with a tea she called "Essiac" -- Essiac is Caisse spelled backwards.

Caisse helped hundreds of cancer patients free of charge and her story spiked awareness of herbal medicine around the globe. Since then, thousands of cancer patients have found relief in Essiac -- while a substantial body of evidence has grown to support its efficacy, much of it from the Brusch Medical Center in Massachusetts.

In 1959 the Brusch Medical Center invited Caisse to treat terminal cancer patients and laboratory mice with Essiac tea while 18 doctors supervised. Three months later, Essiac had caused an obvious recession of tumor mass in mice.
"Clinically, on patients suffering from pathologically proven cancer, it reduces pain and causes a recession in the growth; patients have gained weight and shown an improvement in their general health ..... Remarkably beneficial results were obtained even on those cases at the 'end of the road' where it proved to prolong life and the quality of that life." -- Dr. Brusch, director of Brusch Medical Center and physician to John F. Kennedy

In 1983, Dr. Bruce Hendrick -- Chief of Neurosurgery at the University of Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children -- implored Canada's most powerful health officials to launch a large-scale scientific trial of Essiac based on the remarkable results of a small experiment in which 10 patients with surgically treated tumors of the central nervous system were treated with Essiac. Dr. Hendrick reported that 8 of 10 of these patients "escaped from the conventional methods of therapy including both radiation and chemotherapy."

And recently, the U.S. National Cancer Institute reported that Essiac herbs reduced proliferation of a prostate cancer cell line.

Essiac may also hold promise against AIDS. In 2003, Dr. Gary Glum -- a major proponent of Caisse's work -- reported his experience with 5 of 179 terminal patients through AIDS Project LA. Dr. Glum took his 5 patients off AIDS drugs AZT and DDI and gave them Essiac 3 times daily. Of the original 179 patients, only Dr. Glum's 5 were alive 4 years later.

Essiac tea is also shown to ...
Promote cellular repair Detoxify the body Raise oxygen level in tissue cells Strengthen immune system Nourish and stimulate the brain and nervous system Ease nausea and pain Destroy parasites in the digestive tract Prevent a build up of fatty deposits in the heart, kidney, and liver

What's in the cup?
"The Fierce Four" Ingredients of Essiac Tea

Burdock Root -- According to the Journal of Chemotherapy, "Burdock Root contains a proven anti-cancer compound arctigenin, which has been shown in scientific studies to have marked anti-tumor activity." In other experiments, Burdock slowed or stopped tumor growth and killed fungi and bacteria. Hungarian researchers at the University of Sveged found "considerable anti-tumor activity" in a purified sample of Burdock. And Japanese researchers at Nagoya University isolated a substance in Burdock with unique capabilities to reduce malignant cell mutation. Japanese scientists considered this property so significant they called it the B-factor for Burdock.

Sheep Sorrel Herb -- Caisse isolated this herb as the main agent for stopping metastasized cancer and reducing tumors. The aloe embodin in Sheep Sorrel also shows significant anti-leukemic activity.

Slippery Elm Bark -- This herb helps with the painful side effects of cancer and its treatment. Beta-sitosterol and a polysaccharide in Slippery Elm also have anti-cancer activity.

Turkey Rhubarb Root -- This herb has anti-cancer activity, along with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.

The complete recipe for making Essiac tea appears at the bottom of this e-newsletter.
~~~~~~~~~~

How to Make Essiac Tea
-- The Recipe
(see therapeutic benefits above)

52 parts: Burdock Root (cut or dried) (parts by weight) 16 parts: Sheep Sorrel (powdered) 1 part: Turkey Rhubarb (powdered) or 2 parts domestic Rhubarb 4 parts: Slippery Elm (powdered)

Rene Caisse revised the basic 4-herb formula (shown above) slightly, but she never released her exact revision. A woman who worked with Caisse reports the additions were as follows: Kelp (2 parts), Red Clover (1 part), Blessed Thistle (1 part), Watercress (0.4 parts). Note: These additional herbs are considered optional by most Essiac Tea experts.

Equipment:

3-gallon stainless steel pot with lid
2-gallon stainless steel pot with lid
Stainless steel fine mesh double strainer, funnel, and spatula
6 or more 32 oz. sterilized amber glass bottle with airtight caps

Ingredients:

2 gallons distilled water for 6-7 quarts of tea
1 cup Burdock Root
2 cups Sheep Sorrel
½ cup Slippery Elm Bark, cut and sifted not powdered
2 teaspoons Turkey Rhubarb Root

Instructions:

Pour 2 gallons distilled water in the 3-gallon pot, cover, bring to boil. Place loose herbs in boiling water and stir. Cover and reduce heat; boil for 10 minutes. Remove pot from stove; let steep for 12 hours. After 12 hours, place pot on stove and return to boil. Remove boiling tea from stove and strain into the other stainless steel pot. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Strain carefully into the bottles. Let stand until safe to touch. Refrigerate.

How to Use:

For prevention, take 2 ounces each morning or evening on an empty stomach. Cancer and AIDS patients or other ill people have chosen to take it daily -- 2 ounces in the morning, 5 minutes before eating, and again in the evening, at least 2 hours after eating.

Tips from Dr. Glum:

Keep refrigerated Shake well before using Use cold or warmed (never microwave) Stomach cancer patients must dilute the herbal drink with an equal amount of sodium-free distilled water Essiac is marketed as pills, teabags, and homeopathic drops, none of which have been studied and proven like the original tea Some doctors advise against taking Essiac while pregnant

The more you make Essiac tea, the easier it will be to prepare it. Enjoy, be well, and pass the recipe on to others!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 pm

OK, this is bullshit and this thread is dangerous. Anybody that believes there is a cure for cancer or aids is seriously deluded. And if you have cancer or aids, I am sorry, but seek the help of main stream medical professionals. If they say it is terminal, seek a second opinion FROM ANOTHER MAIN STREAM MEDICAL DOCTOR. If the prognosis is still the same, spend your last days and dollars enjoying the remaining time you are lucky enough to have.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:50 am

JK, you're as narrow minded as they get. IGNORANT !
I list several remedies that are made from plants. You and your mainstream attitudes do an automatic knee-jerk reaction without any KNOWLEDGE. I won't waste my time explaining science to a layman. Do some reading before condemning.
http://www.chemocare.com/bio/taxol.asp
http://www.chemocare.com/whatis/types_o ... herapy.asp
Half of the chemo drugs are made from plants.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:09 pm

My big complaint is with the false attitudes pushed by mainstream medicine. Anything not approved by corporate medicine is "witch doctor" stuff. We know that certain plants cure and prevent certain diseases. We know that limes prevent scurvy. We know that seaweed [iodine] prevents goiter. Fresh vegetables cure a host of diseases. It's been well proved that fermented foods are very strongly anti-cancer.
About 60 % of medicines are made from plants. There are some herbal cures that have NO equivalent in patent medicine.
THAT is the big difference. If it occurs in nature, it can NOT be patented.
Imagine if Glaxo-Smith announced tomorrow that it was selling a pill that would extend your life span by 40 % with no other lifestyle changes. People would be kicking the doors down to get it.
Well, there IS a pill that will extend human life span by 40 %. It is a result of investigation into the "French paradox" The French were very well known for eating a lot of rich food. This didn't cause the expected mortality. After long investigations, researchers discovered that an element in red wine was responsible for the life extension.

The "element" is Resveratrol. After dozens of years and hundreds of studies, it is well proven to increase life span by a minimum of 40 %. This is the particular supplement that Ray Kurzwiel is using to extend his life until all diseases are cured and he can live indefinitely. I wish him luck.
Resveratrol works by changing gene-expression in many thousands of genes. It mimics the results caused by "caloric restriction". Grape-seed extract also causes changes in gene expression. The 2 of them overlap on about 5500 genes so, It's a good idea to take both.
Recently, Resveratrol was proved in studies to REVERSE aging. So, If you have any old mice that you want to rejuvenate, resveratrol is just the ticket.

This from Nature;
Jaskelioff M, Muller FL, Paik JH, et al. Telomerase reactivation reverses tissue degeneration in aged telomerase-deficient mice. Nature 2011 January 6;469(7328):102_6

The short and the long of the whole deal is that life span is pretty much dependent on the length of one's telemeres. Resveratrol LENGTHENS telemeres and restores youthful function of organs and brain.
There is nothing in patent medicine that even comes close so, nobody knows about resveratrol.
The life-span of all vertebrates is proportional to the amount of "super oxide dimutase" that an organism has in it's system. A pigeon weighs the same as a rat but has 12 times as much SOD in it's system. A pigeon lives 12 times as long as a rat. SOD is especially plentiful in fresh, uncooked grains.
The Hunza are reputed to be the longest living people. Much of their diet is fresh, uncooked grains.
There are innumerable nutricional "agents" that cause a reduction in disease. There is no reason to believe that there isn't a cure for cancer lurking in some plant just waiting to be extracted and patented.

Earlier in the thread, i posted a study showing that Intravenous Chelation reduces cancer incidence by 80 %. It also reduces heart disease by an equivalent amount. This would wipe out a LOT of profits so, doctors don't recommend it. I believe that it is illegal in Ca.
Corporate medicine has no interest in curing anything. They just want to maintain a cash stream indefinitely.
Y'all are more than welcome to ignore any and all non mainstream therapies.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:32 am

You win some,,, you lose some.
"By the EPA’s own figures, 25 per cent of those exposed to radiation under their new safety levels would develop cancer."
http://www.montrealmirror.com/wp/2011/0 ... -exposure/

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:19 pm

There is NO possible way that I can post 100 % accuracy. Science has to make jumps from the known to the possible. Not all the "possibles" are going to work out. That should never stop us or science from exploring the possibles.
Here is an article comparing Patrick Swayzes progress with pancreatic cancer to an 80 y.o. man with the same cancer;
http://www.naturalnews.com/028808_pancr ... vivor.html
Obviously, 1 case doesn't prove anything BUT, the survival rate for stage 4 pancreatic cancer is pretty much zero. There are plenty of other cases.

If you read the info and links in this thread, the inescapable conclusion is that cancer is an infection. Primitive societies with a primitive diet have almost no cancer. If you take a "primitive" and feed them a modern diet, they get cancer like anyone else. IV chelation cleans out all the accumulated gunk in the body. IV chelation reduces the incidence of cancer by at least 80%.
It doesn't take a great leap of logic to surmise that the gunk causes cancer. Pasteur said [on his deathbed] "it is the terrain". Simply put, the disease vectors are always present. It is only when the defenses are weakened that the disease gets a niche.

Taking a step into speculation; cancers appear to be related to the TB type of bacteria. If one proposes that cancer is a "form" of mold, it only needs a weakened organism to provide a living space,,, a niche. Just as mold grows best on decaying wood, I believe that cancer has to find very weak tissue to be able to get started.
The poisons that we ingest on a daily basis weaken the immune system in "selected" areas.
Stress causes hormonal damage to the organs. Bad food causes damage to the vascular system. Radiation kills cells. All of this damage provides weakened cellular structures that can't fight off the ever-present infectious agents.
Patrick Swayze was a smoker. If we ingest gunk, we pay the price.

The CO
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Post by The CO » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:06 pm

CSS, no one is asking for 100% accuracy. But I'd be happy if it was above 5%.

I have followed cancer research for more than I should over half my life. Having lost both parents to cancer, it tends to pique ones interest.

Nearly everything you have posted in this thread has be disproved by actual scientists. Some of it is so astoundingly out of date, I'm reading things which I read in the early 90s on grubby photocopy pamphlets, which had already been debunked.

Please, stop posting crap. I admire your "I don't post things because they are true, but because they should be considered" attitude, but this thread in particular is filled with so much misleading, inaccurate or flat-out untruth that there is no merit to it.

If you want to post "interesting information", please do at least a tiny bit of research & make sure there is something to back it up before splattering the boards with garbage.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
When I ask how many burns, I mean at BRC.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:32 pm

*calls Red to make sure it's okay to have a little crush on her husband.*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:49 pm

CO, I'm glad to see that you correctly spelled "pique".
You'll have to be more specific in your criticisms. A blanket "it's all wrong" means nothing to me.
Why don't you start by proving that cancer is NOT an infection.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Won't touch that one,, hun? I don't blame you. Several of my posts have been about the history of the investigation of cancer as an infection. Cancer was thought to be mutagenic. BUT, since several vaccines have been developed, cancer must be the result of an infectious agent.,, eg parasite, bacteria, virus or prion.
OK if you won't touch that one, here's another one for you to refute.
I posted a link to a study that claimed an 80 % reduction in cancer after treatments with IV chelation. IV chelation has a proven 60 year track record. Why don't you take the time to pick apart that study and prove it false?

The CO

Post by The CO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:21 am

When you ask someone to prove a negative, it displays a lack of understanding of scientific method.

However, here you go:

The simplest way to put it is this: Cancer is not infectious. You can't catch cancer from someone else. If you really believe otherwise, I can't help you.

As shown by the definitions below, and many others, Cancer & Infection are two completely things. That is why oncology & infectious diseases are two different branches of medicine.

Some viruses have been linked to causing cancers, HPV & cervical cancer for example, but they are the cause, not the disease.

(underline & italics by moi)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002267/

"Cancer

Carcinoma; Malignant tumor
Last reviewed: August 14, 2010.

Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. Cancerous cells are also called malignant cells.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Cells are the building blocks of living things.

Normal cells multiply when the body needs them, and die when the body doesn't need them. Cancer appears to occur when the growth of cells in the body is out of control and cells divide too quickly. It can also occur when cells forget how to die.

There are many different kinds of cancers. Cancer can develop in almost any organ or tissue, such as the lung, colon, breast, skin, bones, or nerve tissue.

There are many causes of cancers, including:

Benzene and other chemicals

Drinking excess alcohol

Environmental toxins, such as certain poisonous mushrooms and a type of poison that can grow on peanut plants (aflatoxins)

Excessive sunlight exposure

Genetic problems

Obesity

Radiation

Viruses

However, the cause of many cancers remains unknown."

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art ... ekey=12923
"Infection: The growth of a parasitic organism within the body. (A parasitic organism is one that lives on or in another organism and draws its nourishment therefrom.) A person with an infection has another organism (a "germ") growing within him, drawing its nourishment from the person.

The term "infection" has some exceptions. For example, the normal growth of the usual bacterial flora in the intestinal tract is not usually considered an infection. The same consideration applies to the bacteria that normally inhabit the mouth."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infection
"An infection is the colonization of a host organism by parasite species. Infecting parasites seek to use the host's resources to reproduce, often resulting in disease. Colloquially, infections are usually considered to be caused by microscopic organisms or microparasites like viruses, prions, bacteria, and viroids, though larger organisms like macroparasites and fungi can also infect.
Hosts normally fight infections themselves via their immune system. Mammalian hosts react to infections with an innate response, often involving inflammation, followed by an adaptive response.* Pharmaceuticals can also help fight infections.
The branch of medicine that focuses on infections and pathogens is infectious disease medicine."

*Inflammation & adaptive response do not occur with cancer.

Edited for markup
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.

The CO

Post by The CO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:45 pm

can't sit still wrote:You'll have to be more specific in your criticisms. A blanket "it's all wrong" means nothing to me.
I believe I said most(95%) of it was wrong, not all. But what I am really asking for is that you present studies & articles that have some scientific merit, rather than things that have been debunked several times over.
can't sit still wrote: BUT, since several vaccines have been developed, cancer must be the result of an infectious agent.,, eg parasite, bacteria, virus or prion.
You are confusing causation & correlation.
Some viruses have been linked as causes for specific types of cancer. (HPV-->Cervical cancer) That is why vaccines work; they protect against the infection that causes the cancer.
can't sit still wrote:IV chelation has a proven 60 year track record. Why don't you take the time to pick apart that study and prove it false?
I don't need to, don't have to, and am not qualified to do so. The onus is on those presenting a theory that contradicts or modifies existing knowledge. That is what peer review, reputable journals & scientific method are for. Either a study is conducted correctly, has repeatable results & stands up to peer review, or they tend to lack credibility & be proven wrong/false/incorrect.

This goes again to a lack of understanding of scientific theory & method. You cannot demand that someone prove that "x" is not the cause of some thing. One cannot prove a negative.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:04 pm

can't sit still wrote: Burdock Root -- According to the Journal of Chemotherapy, "Burdock Root contains a proven anti-cancer compound arctigenin, which has been shown in scientific studies to have marked anti-tumor activity." In other experiments, Burdock slowed or stopped tumor growth and killed fungi and bacteria. Hungarian researchers at the University of Sveged found "considerable anti-tumor activity" in a purified sample of Burdock. And Japanese researchers at Nagoya University isolated a substance in Burdock with unique capabilities to reduce malignant cell mutation. Japanese scientists considered this property so significant they called it the B-factor for Burdock.
CSS, it didn't save my wife.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:05 pm

CO, excellent posts. I don't have the time at the moment to devote the time that they deserve. I need to do more digging also.
Edit: Dougly, traditional treatments didn't save my mother. We all have to go some day.
The thread title is "remedies", not cures. Nutrition is very important to preventing cancer. That makes it a remedy, not a cure.

The CO

Post by The CO » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:32 am

can't sit still wrote:CO, excellent posts.
Why, thank you!
can't sit still wrote:Nutrition is very important to preventing cancer.
And how!
can't stand still wrote:That makes it a remedy, not a cure.
.... no, it's a preventative, not a remedy. (oed) ((Oxford English Dictionary)) (((not One Eyed Dick)))

Aww, hell, CSS, I'm not even taking this seriously anymore. It's early AM, I'm drunk....

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 am

Not serious AND drunk,,, congratulations. :lol:
I must point out that the thread is not "cures" OR "treatment"
A close look at the thread will show that I never advocated any remedies as a substitute for mainstream treatment. I was never disparaging towards oncologists. I never advocated terminating conventional treatment.
When one has a loved one, we by nature search for remedies to their problems. I mention things here that have shown effectiveness in some situations.
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/238 ... ff-tumours

Any Oncologist will tell you that a combination of treatments is the most effective.
I'm going to have to be more careful of my sloppy semantics. :?

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:58 am

yeah, and it's messy.

what works for one, may not work for another.
anecdotal evidence, can be contaminated by other influences.

and, when faced with a "usually" terminal prognosis, we search for cures, no matter how unreasonable.

and, hearing one "miracle cure" sends thousands in that direction, out of desperation.

foogin sad, really.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 am

ygmir wrote:yeah, and it's messy.

what works for one, may not work for another.
anecdotal evidence, can be contaminated by other influences.

and, when faced with a "usually" terminal prognosis, we search for cures, no matter how unreasonable.

and, hearing one "miracle cure" sends thousands in that direction, out of desperation.

foogin sad, really.
Totally agree. Just the title of this thread pisses me off for many of the same reasons.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 am

can't sit still wrote:CO, excellent posts. I don't have the time at the moment to devote the time that they deserve. I need to do more digging also.
Edit: Dougly, traditional treatments didn't save my mother. We all have to go some day.
The thread title is "remedies", not cures. Nutrition is very important to preventing cancer. That makes it a remedy, not a cure.
She ate burdock root ("gobo") every week of her life as part of her Japanese diet.

Merriam-Webster:
Remedy: a medicine, application, or treatment that relieves or cures a disease.

I'm done with you and this thread.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:50 pm

JK, do you get pissed off when "cold remedies" don't cure your cold?
There's no way that I'm going to start a thread on cancer and just post from mainstream journals. http://www.springer.com/medicine/oncology/journal/12156
What a waste. I post lesser-known stuff. Even some of the mainstream stuff is less than well-known to many oncologists. They're perfectly happy to just send you anywhere for radiation treatment. Truth is, proton irradiation is proven to be safer and more effective than standard treatment. Loma Linda was the first in the world.
http://lomalindahealth.org/medical-cent ... bAodFkrkHQ

I already posted that IV chelation reduces cancer by about 80 %. That by itself should be a HUGE point of interest. Mainstream, medicine is often un-interested in cures. They want to see long-term maintainance,,,, until your insurance runs out. Then,,, you're a gonner.
Here's a link that discusses IV chelation in general. BTW, it was banned in December of 2010. It would wipe out their profits. After all, their profits are far more important than your suffering and death. http://www.springer.com/medicine/oncology/journal/12156
IV chelation would also cut out most of the profits from vascular disease. http://www.chelationstory.com/plaque-x.htm
http://www.arteryhealthinstitute.com/
You never know where interesting developments are going to come from. Consider the Kanzius machine. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/ ... 6951.shtml This approach is similar to the work of Royal Rife.
A couple more links on IV chelation.
This guy was so sick that they told his family to turn off life-support and let him die. http://wellandtruly.co.nz/living-proof- ... 30-pm/1138

delle

Post by delle » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 am

Not sure where to post this, but it seems appropriate enough as any....

I have a serious WTF question that I just can't find an answer to.

We got a really strange call from my husband's daughter last night. Here's the story:

Her brother (my husband's son....) has been dating a girl for several years. She was just diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer.

Which is tragic.

But is not my WTF question.

She then went on to say that her BROTHER will also have to undergo the radiation treatments. After having had all his teeth pulled.

Hubby had her repeat this 3 times to be sure he heard it right.

Now I've looked and looked on the internet to try and find ANYTHING where a spouse of a throat cancer patient would have to undergo radiation -- perhaps as a preventative measure? --- but have found nothing. The pulling of teeth before starting radiation appears to be standard practice in cases where the teeth are weak and are most likely to be ruined and become a problem further down the line. That (although horrible) is not so much the issue. I've just never heard of a significant other having to undergo the treatments as well. I don't understand this at all.

We unfortunately don't have access to the son to corroborate this story, and are really hoping that she got the details wrong, but given the source it seems unlikely. She's not one to make this kind of a mistake.

Has anyone here ever heard of something similar to this?
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:37 am

Delle, sorry to hear that you have to go through all the ugly process of fighting cancer. You should immediately call the Loma Linda center.
http://lomalindahealth.org/medical-cent ... bAodFkrkHQ
They're far more likely to have your answer than anyone on the blog. Also, you should look at the "proton" treatments. They're far less destructive and there might be a chance of saving the teeth.
It is strange that they demand to treat the spouse. There is an Italian oncologist who claims that cancer is a fungus.
http://www.webdeb.com/zapper/cancer.htm
I'm not qualified to debate his claims. I don't believe that cancer is generally considered communicable. Earlier in this thread, I posted a link to the history of the investigation of caner as an infection. I wish you luck in your fight.

Return to “Open Discussion”