30 LAPD Officers Gun Down Man In Middle Of Freeway...

All things outside of Burning Man.
Rabbi Dali Rick

30 LAPD Officers Gun Down Man In Middle Of Freeway...

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Mon May 24, 2010 9:13 am

Once again the Los Angeles Police department has murdered another citizen. 30 police shot a bi-polar man down in a hail of bullets. They claim he was wielding a knife. A fucking knife, Shit if 30 police were that scared of one man with a knife, this can only be classified as a Gangland style murder. Next time they should call me, I'm pretty sure I could have taken him down by myself. This is getting too common, who's next?

Well at least he wasn't as dangerous as the fucking homeless woman wielding a screwdriver.

We need to take the guns from the police, like the Bobbies in London, because clearly they are not capable of making that life or death decision on their own. Only a SWAT style unit should actually be allowed to carry wepons of leathal force.

Damn!

the rebbi

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 am

links? anything? a quick googling did nothin'
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Rabbi Dali Rick

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Mon May 24, 2010 9:47 am

It was on channel 11 fox news. it happen last night, our freeway is still closed. i'll see if i can find the link.

the rebbi

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:50 am

Amazes me every time I hear about abuse of power.

the kicker is I am willing to bet 100 bucks against your dollar that no charges will stem from this at all.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Mon May 24, 2010 9:55 am

Doesn't amaze me when it comes to L.A.P.D.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

Rabbi Dali Rick

Knit One, Pearl Two, Knit One.........

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Mon May 24, 2010 9:57 am

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/s ... y-20100524

The officer that they were referring to, as being injured in the fray, actually was an overweight officer, who slipped on the pavement after he struggled to get his fat ass, out of the car, and trying to take cover from the guy with the knife. That was shown live on the news, last night, as we watched the chase. That is not in any of the footage they are showing this morning. I guess it's easier to justify the shooting, if it sounds like the officers were somehow injured or in danger during the incident. I think the only thing that officer had to fear was, a sale at Krispy Kreme.

the rebbi

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Mon May 24, 2010 10:07 am

30 cops? bi-polar? was all this on the news too?

Not that i love cops, but i hate the media even more, do you realize how often the media paints the cops as bad?

jus'sayin'

misfit
Camp Name: wish you were here

Post by misfit » Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 am

>>>>We need to take the guns from the police<<<<

so only criminals have weapons.?. LAPD has a tough job, taking their weapons away won't help. i worked as a paramedic for LA City Fire, and we would be fired at while on scene, regularly. LAPD would consistantly be there watching our backs....
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.

Rabbi Dali Rick

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Mon May 24, 2010 10:23 am

we were watching as the man was exiting the car, he seemed dazed and confused, talking incoherently. I have seen this behavior before in bi-polar and CI patients. At this point i'm pretty sure they won't say it was due to a medical condition because it would look to suspicious.

the rebbi

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Mon May 24, 2010 10:41 am

Im just sayin' that local media is a couple of heads down on from cops on my totem pole

Rabbi Dali Rick

PULL THIS PIN AND COUNT TO 10 AND THROW.....

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Mon May 24, 2010 10:55 am

misfit wrote:>>>>We need to take the guns from the police<<<<

so only criminals have weapons.?. LAPD has a tough job, taking their weapons away won't help. i worked as a paramedic for LA City Fire, and we would be fired at while on scene, regularly. LAPD would consistantly be there watching our backs....

Sorry Misfit, I totally disagree. I think the normal beat cop should be armed only with non-leathal weapons, and if they do carry one it should be locked in the trunk and used for emergencies only. It should only be unlocked by a remote trigger activated from HQ by a watch commander.

We have SWAT to deal with anything above that.

Your line of thinking is like a kid, with a bat who keeps hitting other kids in the playground upside the head, instead of taking the bat away you justify him keeping it because there was a bear attack once, several years ago. But we know for sure he's hitting all the kids upside the head now, and should be stopped.

the rebbi

Ranger Genius

Re: PULL THIS PIN AND COUNT TO 10 AND THROW.....

Post by Ranger Genius » Mon May 24, 2010 11:30 am

Rabbi Dali Rick wrote:
misfit wrote:>>>>We need to take the guns from the police<<<<

Sorry Misfit, I totally disagree. I think the normal beat cop should be armed only with non-leathal weapons, and if they do carry one it should be locked in the trunk and used for emergencies only. It should only be unlocked by a remote trigger activated from HQ by a watch commander.

We have SWAT to deal with anything above that.

Your line of thinking is like a kid, with a bat who keeps hitting other kids in the playground upside the head, instead of taking the bat away you justify him keeping it because there was a bear attack once, several years ago. But we know for sure he's hitting all the kids upside the head now, and should be stopped.

the rebbi
You almost got me again. You're doing a bit again, aren't you?

Hilarious.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon May 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Are you thinking Officer Assisted Suicide?

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Mon May 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Where in the article does it say 30 officers shot him?

Just curious
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon May 24, 2010 9:37 pm

why didn't they just use the puke gun and make the guy vomit his guts? Or force him to listen to christian radio over loud speakers....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Mon May 24, 2010 11:29 pm

If you're stupid enough to pull a knife on 30 guys with guns you probably deserve to get shot. Seriously... I'm glad our police officers hold their safety in higher regard than the lives of scum like this.
[img]http://tikifuckos.org/anisign.gif[/img]

Rabbi Dali Rick

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Tue May 25, 2010 1:33 am

Thecatman wrote:Where in the article does it say 30 officers shot him?

Just curious
In the live feed on tv we were watching on ch 7 news, as it happened.

the rebbi

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue May 25, 2010 1:38 am

Mentally ill people often do things like this.

All these cops and no one can find a stick?
Or a net?

And every time someone gets shot like this, cops will get shot next time around, no waiting.
No one will believe they won't shoot after that.

I've seen this pattern for a long time.
Don't cops notice it?

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Re: 30 LAPD Officers Gun Down Man In Middle Of Freeway...

Post by Trishntek » Tue May 25, 2010 5:25 am

Rabbi Dali Rick wrote:Once again the Los Angeles Police department has murdered another citizen. 30 police shot a bi-polar man down in a hail of bullets. They claim he was wielding a knife. A fucking knife, Shit if 30 police were that scared of one man with a knife, this can only be classified as a Gangland style murder. Next time they should call me, I'm pretty sure I could have taken him down by myself. This is getting too common, who's next?

Well at least he wasn't as dangerous as the fucking homeless woman wielding a screwdriver.

We need to take the guns from the police, like the Bobbies in London, because clearly they are not capable of making that life or death decision on their own. Only a SWAT style unit should actually be allowed to carry wepons of leathal force.

Damn!

the rebbi
one less person on the freeway
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue May 25, 2010 8:41 am

Here in the D the latest was a 7 yr old girl shot down by the JBT's of DPD while acting all billy bad ass as they were being filmed for a documentary.

And in Missouri they shoot family dog's in front of children.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue May 25, 2010 10:19 am

A deer that was lost in an East Oakland residential neighborhood was shot seven times and killed by Oakland police this past weekend.
http://www.publicceo.com/index.php/loca ... ighborhood

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Cops are stupid.

It's a fact and always has been.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

misfit
Camp Name: wish you were here

Post by misfit » Tue May 25, 2010 2:58 pm

>>>>Cops are stupid<<<<

sad you feel that way.....
who would you call if you found yourself in real trouble.?.
Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue May 25, 2010 4:18 pm

misfit wrote:>>>>Cops are stupid<<<<

sad you feel that way.....
who would you call if you found yourself in real trouble.?.
of course, :

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

1durphul

Post by 1durphul » Wed May 26, 2010 3:23 pm

mdmf007 wrote:Amazes me every time I hear about abuse of power.

the kicker is I am willing to bet 100 bucks against your dollar that no charges will stem from this at all.
I had a friend who served on a Grand Jury for a similar incident here in the bay area. The prosecutor kept steering the grand jury down the path of not bringing charges against officers. A grand jury can call witnesses and ask questions. My friend, in an attempt to get a complete story, did just that, and the prosecutor got the judge to remove him from the grand jury.

So, I'll join you on that bet. No charges will steam for this.

Rabbi Dali Rick

OK WHO PEED IN THE POOL? ...

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Thu May 27, 2010 1:14 am

It just so happens I was pulled over today by the LAPD after returning equipment for an interview shoot with Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and it did end on a happy note we didn't get shot. They claimed the driver was on the phone, and i didn't have my seatbelt on. These were both blatant lies, and they told them to our faces like they were actual facts.

First, my friend who was driving, needed to make a call, he has ADD, so he pulled over to a complete stop, made his call, and we continued further down a block, made a legal lefthand u-turn from a left hand turn lane, at a green light, and was about to park 1/2 block down, my friend said, through his rear view mirror, he actually saw them pull out into their oncoming traffic, from the from behind another car, almost colliding with oncoming traffic, making a right in front of the car that they had just pulled from behind, almost hitting oncoming traffic going in the same direction we were, before pulling us over. Two officers got out, with hands on their weapons, and asked for both our id's. Papers in order, they let us go. Now mind you I am a seatbelt freak to the nth degree, i insist that everyone in the car is belted before the car moves, not for the law, but because it may be the difference between being carried away, and walking away from an accident. (i digress) when they had gotton our id's, i asked why they pulled us over, and he exclaimed. "Your homey there, was yakking on his cellphone, and your seatbelt was not on". What do you think i said to him?....

the rebbi

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu May 27, 2010 1:54 am

Video system
Built for racing
Often used for accident record and police encounters.
Can run on a loop and save important events, just like some police cameras.
Big shock to people lying in court too.

Just a thought.
I know people that say it paid for itself with the first involuntary conversion.

http://www.chasecam.com/

Corwin

Post by Corwin » Fri May 28, 2010 10:55 am

First off, the SWAT team doesn't exactly have a better reputation than regualr cops. Little old stoner ladies getting flash-banged and pumped full of bullets in narcotics raids, etc.
Cops are just people who want to feel powerful and carry a gun and maybe kill someone. Sorry if that offends someone, but come on its fucking true, the rest of the reasons are just justifications.
BUT
America isn't the same as other Western countries, cops w/o guns here would be mayhem. You can't compare us to other countries who have a fraction of the gun deaths and murder rate as us.

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:39 am

A knife wielding man can be taken down by a team. This is taught in the mental health units in hospitals. It's called MANDT. My wife learned this when she worked at one. In the hospital to disarm a patient, they use a mattress to pin them against a wall or knock him down. But a shield, that they carry in the trunk, would work. A team grabs arms and legs. She has participated in this in practice. Yes, force is used. But certainly not lethal force. My cousin was a police officer and never used his gun, but was able to disarm a knife wielding suspect many times with very minimal martial arts training. Hard to make a judgement on this without all the facts, but if true it doesn't say a lot about the training of police in LA.
\^/
/..\ Furthur

Rabbi Dali Rick

POW! POW! POW! Freeze, Police...

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:18 am

any non-lethal weapon should have worked...

the rebbi

Return to “Open Discussion”