What's my conspiracy?

All things outside of Burning Man.
Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Re: What's my conspiracy?

Post by Miura-7 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:14 am

Answer? Address our personal pandemic first!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate." But it's so much fun to bash!!! Promote Love, Promote Love.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:20 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:01 am
Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the administration of US President Donald Trump eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing that was intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters news agency has learned.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/ ... 37595.html

"It was heartbreaking to watch," said Bao-Ping Zhu, a Chinese-American who served in that role, which was funded by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), between 2007 and 2011. "If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster."

Zhu and the other sources said Quick was a trainer of Chinese field epidemiologists who were deployed to the epicentre of outbreaks to help track, investigate and contain diseases.

As an American CDC employee, they said, Quick was in an ideal position to be the eyes and ears on the ground for the US and the rest of the world on the coronavirus outbreak and might have alerted them to the growing threat weeks earlier.
just carrying this conspiracy over from the previous page...
Frida Be You & Me

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:18 am

Apparently, infected skinheads have been ordered to spit on surfaces where Jews, minorities, and cops will get exposed!!! :x :x :x
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:12 am

Simon's full article is worth a read. There is a lot of denial and spin by various officials involved, which is our new US normal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/25/heal ... ruses.html

When DJT came in, they tried to do a tabletop simulation with staff of a pandemic.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/1 ... mic-132797

I always say that there is no need to assume conspiracy when an explanation of incompetence would suffice.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Perpetual Burn
Burning Since: 2021

Post by Perpetual Burn » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 am

FIGJAM wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:18 am
Apparently, infected skinheads have been ordered to spit on surfaces where Jews, minorities, and cops will get exposed!!! :x :x :x
Some statistics that fuel their Nazi-douche fire is that only one Israeli has died from the Coronavirus...

A Nazi could think that it's a disease spread by the Jews to kill non-Jews... for example Iran(mostly Muslim is getting hit hard.) Italy, member of the Axis of Evil is getting hit the hardest... but Germany and Japan are doing very well relatively.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Consciousness contains all Multiverse
The Singularity cannot be hacked
The Divine Programmer manifests Love
Phenomena radiates it back
With Immaculate power and humble Grace
We Burn down Samsara
At Home, this must be the Place

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:02 am

Frida Be You & Me

Lonesomebri
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Where is Rudy???
3uf7p3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 4 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:43 am

Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:14 am

I think the Bernie Bros are overblown. But this right wing conspiracy machine is so ingrained, it doesn't even have a name. Often it trickles all the way up to the Fox News level.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/tech ... arget.html

Medical Expert Who Corrects Trump Is Now a Target of the Far Right
NYT March 28 (edited for length)

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration’s most outspoken advocate of emergency virus measures, faces a torrent of false claims that he is mobilizing to undermine the president.

At a White House briefing on the coronavirus on March 20, President Trump called the State Department the “Deep State Department.” Behind him, Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, dropped his head and rubbed his forehead.

Some thought Dr. Fauci was slighting the president, leading to a vitriolic online reaction. On Twitter and Facebook, a post that falsely claimed he was part of a secret cabal who opposed Mr. Trump was soon shared thousands of times, reaching roughly 1.5 million people.

An analysis by The New York Times found over 70 accounts on Twitter that have promoted the hashtag #FauciFraud, with some tweeting as frequently as 795 times a day. The anti-Fauci sentiment is being reinforced by posts from Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, a conservative group; Bill Mitchell, host of the far-right online talk show “YourVoice America”; and other outspoken Trump supporters such as Shiva Ayyadurai, who has falsely claimed to be the inventor of email.

Many of the anti-Fauci posts, some of which pointed to a seven-year-old email that Dr. Fauci had sent praising Hillary Clinton when she was secretary of State, have been retweeted thousands of times. On YouTube, conspiracy-theory videos about Dr. Fauci have racked up hundreds of thousands of views in the past week. In private Facebook groups, posts disparaging him have also been shared hundreds of times and liked by thousands of people, according to the Times analysis.

The torrent of falsehoods aimed at discrediting Dr. Fauci is another example of the hyperpartisan information flow that has driven a wedge into the way Americans think. For the past few years, far-right supporters of President Trump have regularly vilified those whom they see as opposing him.

“There seems to be a concerted effort on the part of Trump supporters to spread misinformation about the virus aggressively,” said Carl Bergstrom, a professor of biology at the University of Washington who has studied misinformation.

Adding that Dr. Fauci is bearing the brunt of the attacks, Mr. Bergstrom said: “There is this sense that experts are untrustworthy, and have agendas that aren’t aligned with the people. It’s very concerning because the experts in this are being discounted out of hand.”

The Trump administration has previously shown a distaste for relying on scientific expertise, such as when dealing with climate change. But misinformation campaigns during a pandemic carry a unique danger because they may sow distrust in public health officials when accurate information and advice are crucial, said Whitney Phillips, an assistant professor at Syracuse University who teaches digital ethics.

“What this case will show is that conspiracy theories can kill,” she said.

In recent weeks, much of the online discussion of Dr. Fauci was benign or positive. Zignal Labs, a media analysis company, studied 1.7 million mentions of Dr. Fauci across the web and TV broadcasts from Feb. 27 to Friday and found that through mid-March, he was mainly praised and his comments were straightforwardly reported. Right-wing figures quoted Dr. Fauci approvingly or lauded him for his comments on shutting down travel to and from China, Zignal Labs said.

His [March 20] gesture — some called it a face palm — caught the attention of Mr. Trump’s supporters online, who saw it as an insult to the president.

Anti-Fauci posts spiked, according to Zignal Labs. Much of the increase was prompted by a March 21 article in The American Thinker, a conservative blog, which published the seven-year-old email that Dr. Fauci had written to an aide of Mrs. Clinton.

The conspiracy theory was soon shared thousands of times across Facebook and Twitter. It was also taken up by messaging groups on WhatsApp and Facebook run by QAnon, the anonymous group that claims to be privy to government secrets. On YouTube, far-right personalities began spouting that Dr. Fauci was a fraud.

By Tuesday, the online and television mentions of Dr. Fauci had declined but had become consistently negative, Zignal Labs said.

One anti-Fauci tweet last Sunday read: “Dr. Fauci is in love w/ crooked @HillaryClinton. More reasons not to trust him.”

Ms. Phillips, the Syracuse assistant professor, said the campaign was part of a long-term conspiracy theory propagated by Mr. Trump’s followers.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:37 am

Lonesomebri wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm
Where is Rudy???

3uf7p3.jpg

haah good one.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:49 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:43 am

Gosh and some people get upset about silly little lyrics written by somebody of no influence yet say nothing regarding what our dear leader is doing... :?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Lonesomebri
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:15 pm

Trump started the covid virus pandemic as a grab for ratings. Or maybe he truly is just an immoral psychotic...
FB_IMG_1585508349996.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 4 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 am

It's a plot to reduce the world population to 500.000.000.

The elite will have enough people to service them without all those extras cluttering up the place.

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:19 am

4AC03751-2DBC-47A0-8B98-66CD97DE27C7.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Return to “Open Discussion”