Your Role Model

All things outside of Burning Man.
BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Tue May 25, 2004 5:19 pm

A post like Maia's certainly would make her a prime suspect should anything happen....

BTW, the BLM apparently said, when granting BM a permit for the next two years, that Burning Man leaves the playa in excellent condition, and that the "leave no trace" ideal is not just words, but practice.

If Maia's real problem is with an increase of people travelling out to her part of the world to experience the playa (thanks to more people becoming aware of it due to Burning Man), and those people NOT taking care of the playa, then she is directing her ire at the wrong target by attacking Burning Man. The most straight forward, and probably most effective, method would be to work on improving the enforcement of laws concerning people's behavior on the playa. My guess is that the BLM has probably suffered budget cut backs like most of the ferderal agencies, which would mean that it most likely has had to cut back on man power (as well as really more heavily on revenue generated by the issuance of permits-- such as to Burning Man). In order to keep the playa in good condition, therefore, the BLM needs to have their funding improved, and that would be a better, although perhaps less entertaining, area for Maia to direct her energies. Also, it would be doing something constructive, rather than threatening to sabatoge BM, which is destructive.

If you really do love the playa, in other words, get involved with the federal government, help the BLM find proper funding (heck, I mark a box on my state income tax to have part of my refund sent to the state's wildlife fund!). DO something CONSTRUCTIVE, rather than make dire threats to destroy something!

Just a suggestion.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Tue May 25, 2004 6:55 pm

Rob at least you should have your own internet tv show, I'll produce the first segment if the price is wrong
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Tue May 25, 2004 9:21 pm

BAS wrote:A post like Maia's certainly would make her a prime suspect should anything happen....
More than that, you've established motivation. If something happens, you also have premeditation.
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

bradDaDad

Re: HUH

Post by bradDaDad » Tue May 25, 2004 11:37 pm

Maia wrote:

Get out to the desert, without dragging 30,000 sophisticates with you.. Sit by a Rock, by a spring.. Listen.............
Do they say things to you?

Rock: "You must warn the world about the trespassers, for I am rOcK!"

Maia: "Hmmm, can't I just go home and eat a juicy steak and call it good?"

Spring: "I am spring..."

Maia: "But rOcK, should I try to outwit them, they are many, and immora...!"

Rock: "Teach them the ways of the holy rancher. All city people are weak AND pale! Remember to cite your quotes, share good bbq recipes, and show the city dwellers the true way of MAYA."

Spring: "I am spring."

Maia: "This is so righteous. I am truth! I am the way."

<b><a href="http://user.intersatx.net/jc/extinction ... ment">Meat gaia?</a></b>

Mooo.

?haus ma spellin?

Return to “Open Discussion”