LOST and FOUND

All things outside of Burning Man.
Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

LOST and FOUND

Post by Elderberry » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:38 pm

OK, I just don't get it, it seems like half of the posts here lately are for items lost on the playa. Not just valuable items like iPhones or Wallets or cameras, but ridiculous items like scarves or beloved camel backs or goggles or trinkets and on and on...Items that would cost more to ship back to the person that lost them than they could just go out and get a new and better one. Not to mention the wast of time even worrying about them.

Geez, what are these people thinking and what could possibly be their motivation? I expect to see them on an episode of Hoarders some time soon.

JK

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:00 pm

I found ten cents on the playa Wedensday afternoon near the Mant Farm. Wonder what the odds would be for that.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:32 am

I am still hopeful that this person finds their lost blue Swiss army knife lost in a porta-potty in 2003. If anyone has it, could you get in touch with the OP?
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 409#593409

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:53 am

I can't replace the hat I lost. It, and the pin on it that is even more meaningful to me, are both vintage and irreplaceable.

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:04 am

Yeah, I lost my laminate to get in to the base of the Man on Burn night. I'm pretty sure I was in the Boobie Bar later that night. Uhh, I'm pretty sure...
\^/
/..\ Furthur

velocirafter
Burning Since: 2007

Post by velocirafter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 am

I posted my lost camelbak on the forum because it was pretty unique to me (it had patches and necklaces in it that I had put a lot of effort in to). I knew exactly where and when I had it last. I figured there was a decent chance that someone might have it and want to return it.......I was wrong in case you were wondering :cry:

In all honesty I have a feeling mine was stolen, I got really drunk at the petting zoo and passed out in a neighbours camp, when I woke up I was camelbakless, asked the guys in the PZ but they hadnt seen it.
Catch the beats, embrace them and let them go!! )*(

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:47 am

velocirafter wrote: In all honesty I have a feeling mine was stolen, I got really drunk at the petting zoo and passed out in a neighbours camp, when I woke up I was camelbakless, asked the guys in the PZ but they hadnt seen it.
It took me much longer to admit to myself that my stainless steel 18/8 water bottle in a red neoprine sleeve was stolen right off my chair (that shows class) on Thursday or Friday night last year.
Open playa does not mean open season on others' belongings.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:50 am

Lost my orange Shemagh, goggles, chain mail hackey sack, head lamp, at least one other flashlight....
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Return to “Open Discussion”