"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:52 am

FIGJAM wrote:Sorry.

Thought you wanted function, not form.

Your input was good.. I'll try to warm up the old computer the afternoon.. The picture of your idea is in there some place.. 'll want that type of heaver stand for a hualer bike around town.. Might put one front and back for steadying loading and unloading the baskets.. Would beat pulling a trailer..

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 am

:D
Good Thanksgiving Morning!

All this input is good. Many ways to skin this cat.

A sharp yet pretty bend would of course be nice, but few people have such equipment.

But right now Turkey Day interferes -- I need to drive to Sacramento -- so let's get back to it in a couple of days.
:D

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 am

seen these online, mount behind bottom bracket. I've had similar issues on my electrified bike, since that area is taken up by my motor. I think a single kickstand mounted on the left side at the back of the frame will be my solution. For my trike... there you go, a good thing about trikes! no kickstand! Love the TRIKE. For the old school type, off the real axle, I think flat stock would work, shaped in a sort of flattened bottom w shape. considering what you have on the axle as far as derailleurs etc, would change what can be added there, as noted.

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:23 am

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:35 am

So what's the word on power assisted trikes?....as far as DMV is concerned? I like the track idea, and am brainstorming a track driven tricycle..kinda like the old Kettenkrad...but with smaller tracks.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... BKB1eQxEVQ
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Elorrum wrote:Image
Yes, this is the sort of thing I have in mind, but much wider for stability on the Playa surface and with the Playa winds.

Tom, there is a huge thread on Tracked Vehicles from a few years ago, probably in the Q&A section. Dragonfly Jafe and Tiahaar both built such. Might have been in 2006. Neither vehicle ever moved very far, in spite of fabulous design and fabrication. The bottom line seemed to be that tracked vehicles have enormous friction and rolling-resistance. Mind you, these were both pedal-powered vehicles.

Last I heard -- if I remember correctly -- tricycles may now have electric power assist without being considered motor vehicles. But -- again as I recall -- the limit of three wheels is firm. Something about State or Federal law -- not a BM thing. So I believe a "half-track" trike would be subject to the Mutant Vehicle rules.

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Well, an "ex" trike with tracks would be radically modified. Maybe I can put in a gas engine, and go for the whole DMV permit process.

BAS

Post by BAS » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:21 pm

That'd be cool! 8)
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Elliot wrote: Last I heard -- if I remember correctly -- tricycles may now have electric power assist without being considered motor vehicles. But -- again as I recall -- the limit of three wheels is firm. Something about State or Federal law -- not a BM thing. So I believe a "half-track" trike would be subject to the Mutant Vehicle rules.
[youtube][/youtube]
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

BAS

Post by BAS » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Yeah, that's the problem with a delta configuration! :D
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm still wondering how they steered a track propelled vehicle with a single motorcycle wheel.shit....

@crypto...this will be on one wheel and two tracks....not 3 wheels.

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:57 am

weirdscience wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:
weirdscience wrote:im thinking one of these ... no chain lube needed.. its not even really a chain http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/ur ... /district/

Lol @ a $1000 bike for BM. Know what the best kind is? The cheapest thing you can find.
lol the price is bad but if they would put that technology on a cheaper bike that would rock that would be the best playa bike
You're both right, LOL...junglesmacks is just trying to help you save $ weirdsience.

Until they can sell those fancy moon looking bike things for $57 a brand new two wheel job is the reliable way to go. (and after the burn, give it to a needy kid in Reno, just warn the kid it'll have playa dust issues eventually, unless they learn to rebuild bearings and such)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

Return to “Open Discussion”