What are your favorite things about Burning Man?

All things outside of Burning Man.
moonrise

What are your favorite things about Burning Man?

Post by moonrise » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:24 pm

~There are several generations of burners all with a burning desire to look listen and learn~
~Please post with gusto and return with more favorite things about BM as they come to mind~

Here are some of my favorite things about Burning Man~

BM takes place in a beautiful natural setting and has incredble sunrises, sunsets, moonrises, moonsets and many other astronomical events in the clean, clear fresh desert air. (dust storms and other weather related challenges aside)

Art Cars....every last one of them!

The collective power to share knowledge and learn and expand our knowledge and seek and discover the truth

The Burning Man Regional Contacts program
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:27 pm

location, location, location. Plus everything else you said moonrise

scotto
Camp Name: PolyParadise

Post by scotto » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:32 am

'Burning Man is an Adult Playland', a 29-Hour a day party for a week; A Globally Charged Community in the desert of Northern Nevada.

'You can vacation in say Jamaica and see things that millions have seen before you and millions will see after you...Or you can trek yourself & stuff to BRC and see things that will only be available for one week to see'
Burning Man is a Participatory Sport! Lead by Example!

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:04 am

Free beer.

Spending a week without using any money or driving.

The fish like fluidity of a bike town.

Sensory overload.

Tittehs.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

myburningdesire

Post by myburningdesire » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:57 am

That extra bit of dust in every drink I take and food I eat! 8)

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks for the replies!

This is not intedned to ask "what is burning man?" it is intended to be fun and interesting...
I'm sure we all have 100's of favorites, more than we can list in every post!
No problem, anyone can return and post more as they come to mind if they feel like it (burgins included!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another favorite for me is a woman in her late 20's I met and chatted with at the Reno Decompression party...she told me burning man jolted her into the realization she could handle going back to school and would get her college degree afterall! She said she is more than halfway finished; that is an impressive and a powerful message!

I also like the eplaya lurker gal's recent comment that the snark she learned from eplaya helped her accomplish more at her defaultia job! True that!
(she's not a lurker anymore btw, hahaha)

eplaya should never be sold short (especially the positive human connection!) the mere fact that endless links are always being added expands eplaya into an etternally, ever expanding, enjoyable academy of sorts, by BM standards of course!
I'd say it's a favorite because the epic (awesome) eplayans load it up with humor, art, fun AND valuable knowledge...just to name a few points.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a lighter note, I like the kites in the afternoons~

Also the sky divers! I never realized how many floated in at all the random times with their colorful fabric tails flapping from thier jump suits, what a sight!

The BM lingo...very cool! The words and phrases I know so far slay me!

The Burn Pryes, those are HUGE! The smoke trailing off of them in the quieter early mornings was a warming sight

Of course the burners are favorites :D I think more of us practice kindness and the 10 principals in defaultia then we give ourselves credit for...

Epic is the new Awesome, hilarious and also easier to type! :lol:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:19 am

At Burning Man you don't pay $300 for a party. At Burning Man you have 300 parties at $1 apiece.

Return to “Open Discussion”