Buying Empire!

All things outside of Burning Man.
maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Monkeypoo wrote:
So do I get the job or what?!! Where did everybody go? Did you run away to another town?
Go home to take your meds? I'm gonna need to know if I get the job or not soon because I have
plenty of other sanitariums that are just dying for me to come work for them, ya know.

Well, at least those are the words they used.

Monkeypoo, the job is yours! Welcome to the new empire. I don't know if we came up with a new name for the town.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:24 pm

maryanimal wrote:
TomServo wrote:Its up to USG.
Party pooper...

WHAT? I'm still up for the town butcher position!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Fri May 13, 2011 10:33 pm

The Butcher position is yours Tom. You can supply my cafe with all the meat I need!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Sham

Post by Sham » Sat May 14, 2011 5:14 am

My understanding is that the Town of Empire is nearly empty now. Most of the residents have left the area for jobs elsewhere.
It will be interesting to see how many people are still living in the Gerlach area in 3 months. We may have a ghost town all to ourselves!

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Sat May 14, 2011 6:15 am

I'll take the town handyman/drunk position if its not been filled.
i'm just going to check my lottery numbers now see if i'm £107 mil richer which could make this much more intersting

edited to add nope not a winner :(
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Sat May 14, 2011 3:02 pm

graidawg wrote:I'll take the town handyman/drunk position if its not been filled.
i'm just going to check my lottery numbers now see if i'm £107 mil richer which could make this much more intersting

We can always use a few town drunks graidawg! Ygmir is the town Lawman so he'll keep a fell jail cells open to come in a sleep it off. (think Mayberry type jail)

graidawg

Post by graidawg » Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 pm

maryanimal wrote:
graidawg wrote:I'll take the town handyman/drunk position if its not been filled.

We can always use a few town drunks graidawg! Ygmir is the town Lawman so he'll keep a fell jail cells open to come in a sleep it off. (think Mayberry type jail)
I want to be the drunk people get to fix stuff up when hes sober though (also i want to stand on street corners shouting at passing traffic)
FREE THE SHERPAS
CATCH AND RELEASE.

The Hustler
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by The Hustler » Sat May 14, 2011 8:41 pm

I want to be the staff photographer and copy editor of the town daily newspaper and/or magazine.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Jiā yóu!

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat May 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Super Evil Brian wrote:I want to be the staff photographer and copy editor of the town daily newspaper and/or magazine.
you may have to wrastle Eric for that one...........or alternate shifts...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

The Hustler
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by The Hustler » Sat May 14, 2011 9:58 pm

ygmir wrote:
Super Evil Brian wrote:I want to be the staff photographer and copy editor of the town daily newspaper and/or magazine.
you may have to wrastle Eric for that one...........or alternate shifts...........
Maybe so. We can both work the newsroom. I'm willing to let everything but the photography go.

Maybe being in Media Mecca may help.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Jiā yóu!

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Sun May 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Shambala wrote:My understanding is that the Town of Empire is nearly empty now. Most of the residents have left the area for jobs elsewhere.
It will be interesting to see how many people are still living in the Gerlach area in 3 months. We may have a ghost town all to ourselves!

Awwwwwwww, that's sad Sham. What a shame, a big shame. I feel for those people.

goathead

Post by goathead » Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 am

Gerlach is still ok, we are not going anyplace.

:lol:

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Mon May 16, 2011 6:30 am

ygmir wrote:
I'll be editor-in-chief. Wrestle amongst yourselves.

I didn't read the other pages. Is there a crazy cat lady, yet? I've got that shit on lock.

GET OFF MY LAND.

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Mon May 16, 2011 9:06 pm

C.f.M. wrote:
ygmir wrote:
I'll be editor-in-chief. Wrestle amongst yourselves.

I didn't read the other pages. Is there a crazy cat lady, yet? I've got that shit on lock.

GET OFF MY LAND.

We can be neighbors. I love cats! we can share a gaggle of cats! When I'm not running my cafe, we can take in more cats! Tom LOVES cats!

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Ok..let's get serious here. Let's buy Empire. We'll need to figure out how to get people to come to Empire. Make it a destination town. maybe find some investors!

I've never been to Empire, but it's breaking my heart to see them putting fence with barbed wire around the town.

I know the economy is in the biggest slump we've seen in a long time. But do you think there's anyway to make it work again?

Or am I just grasping at straws...

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Ok..let's get serious here. Let's buy Empire. We'll need to figure out how to get people to come to Empire. Make it a destination town. maybe find some investors!

I've never been to Empire, but it's breaking my heart to see them putting fence with barbed wire around the town.

I know the economy is in the biggest slump we've seen in a long time. But do you think there's anyway to make it work again?

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:58 pm

maryanimal wrote:Ok..let's get serious here. Let's buy Empire. We'll need to figure out how to get people to come to Empire. Make it a destination town. maybe find some investors!

maryanimal, again, wrote:Ok..let's get serious here. Let's buy Empire. We'll need to figure out how to get people to come to Empire. Make it a destination town. maybe find some investors!

I'm in!!!

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 pm

In 2+ months you can explore the area for yourself and decide if you think this is a viable town. The Town of Empire is still owned by USG, and a company that size will just mothball the entire place for both liability reasons and for the possibility of bringing it to life at some future point.
They may even entertain the idea of selling the entire lot to a company in the same business, but that would only give them competition.
The only real use that I can think of is to make a year round Burning Man community and retreat.
Now we are back to our first posts in this thread and we can start passing out jobs in our community.

Mayor McCheese

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Yag, I don't want you to think your subtle humor is being missed. You crack me up my friend!!!

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Well I'm still going to have a cafe and bakery! I like the idea of a retreat for burners year round. With a nominal fee. Nothing like the price of a ticket, however with al the houses, there would be lots of room as some places can be used for single, and the others for families. Maybe make it a "green" town.

Egads, I sound like idiot! I guess I just want some good to come out of this.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:19 pm

maryanimal wrote:Well I'm still going to have a cafe and bakery! I like the idea of a retreat for burners year round. With a nominal fee. Nothing like the price of a ticket, however with al the houses, there would be lots of room as some places can be used for single, and the others for families. Maybe make it a "green" town.

Egads, I sound like idiot! I guess I just want some good to come out of this.
well, except you'd have to find a way so it'd not get over run by hippies.

lovin ya there Sham...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:20 pm

guns

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:50 pm

some hippies can and will shoot back.......I'm more thinking of rent and such, so they'd have to work. Hippies don't work.
and maybe showers?
ban on patchouli?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Hippies can't shoot straight. We need Barret.50 cals

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm

I would love a .50.

I'll say this about shooting straight:

I feel, I'm a pretty good marksman.
and, I still feel, the safest place to stand, is where I'm aiming......I can bet the bullet won't hit there. But, if you run, you stand a chance of swerving in the same direction I pull. :lol: :lol: :lol:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:52 pm

ygmir wrote:I would love a .50.

I'll say this about shooting straight:

I feel, I'm a pretty good marksman.
and, I still feel, the safest place to stand, is where I'm aiming......I can bet the bullet won't hit there. But, if you run, you stand a chance of swerving in the same direction I pull. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm glad you shoot straight! You wouldn't want to miss *winkitywink*

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:01 pm

pretty gun

Mosin
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Mosin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 pm

CSMonitor reports on the "sheetrock ghost town" of Empire, NV.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/20 ... ghost-town
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....

graidawg

Post by graidawg » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:17 pm

still not a lottery winner so i cant afford to buy empire yet.

also i am rethinking my town drunk stance, i have decided the sherrifs deputy is a much more appealing position allowing me to be helpful And carry a gun
FREE THE SHERPAS
CATCH AND RELEASE.

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:07 am

Sunday's Las Vegas Review Journal did a pretty good story on Empire...if you're following it's demise, this will be an interesting couple of minutes out of your day.

Link:
http://www.lvrj.com/news/empire-the-dea ... 07114.html

Covering my ass from the most litigious copyright people in America...here's a disclaimer:
Copyright, 2010, Stephens Media LLC

Stephens Media, LLC newspapers and websites contain copyright material of Stephens Media or third-party intellectual property used under license by Stephens Media.

Stephens Media welcomes hypertext links to its electronically-published textual content. The appropriate method for linking to Stephens Media content is to post only the headline and the first paragraph of a story and then a link to the original textual material.

Stephens Media LLC copyrights are enforced by Righthaven, LLC, Las Vegas, Nevada, under license from Stephens Media.

Source of Copyright legalese: http://www.stephensmedia.com/copyright/

In short all I posted was a link and NOTHING else, and that complies with what the LVRJ has posted as fair use.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

Return to “Open Discussion”