How do you take snark/insults on eplaya?

All things outside of Burning Man.

How do you take snark/insults on eplaya?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:22 pm

personally
7%
personally
7%
annoying
9%
annoying
9%
meh!
11%
meh!
11%
I dont give a fuck!
15%
I dont give a fuck!
15%
I CRAVE SNARK!
8%
I CRAVE SNARK!
8%

Total votes: 106

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Eric wrote: drag queens Bob & Iso
So true! :D

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:54 pm

my mom's a drag queen eric, thats why i am the way i am.

don't get me started on andrew lloyd webber, i've heard as a child enough to last me three lifetimes.

"send in the clowns" makes me retch uncontrollably.....sorry...

oh wait, thats sondheim, nevermind.....do you SEE how scarred i am, DO YOU?
Frida Be You & Me

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:my mom's a drag queen eric, thats why i am the way i am.

don't get me started on andrew lloyd webber, i've heard as a child enough to last me three lifetimes.

"send in the clowns" makes me retch uncontrollably.....sorry...

oh wait, thats sondheim, nevermind.....do you SEE how scarred i am, DO YOU?
Helen Reddy? She contributed to my confused teen experience.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

sktELEMENT

Post by sktELEMENT » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Classy AntiM. I'm just offended by the word, especially after his remarks in the ticket thread.

Well, boys and girls, if you're counting ways to get me to plonk, here's another one.

Of course, I'd probably be happy to if you asked me nicely as well. A sort of "friendly mutual plonk."
Which remarks in the ticket thread??...and of course it a horrible word... use bitch, whore, prick, bastard, motherfucker, asshole, slut, or harlot, and it hasno effect.

But for some reason, that short, simple, 1 syllable C-word, has a catastrophic effect for some reason. Im not sure why, compared to others its defined intention is more innocent than the others...
Infect Me

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm

sktELEMENT wrote:...for some reason, that short, simple, 1 syllable C-word, has a catastrophic effect for some reason. Im not sure why, compared to others its defined intention is more innocent than the others...
Yeah, I don't quite get that, since "He's a dick," doesn't ever get the same horrified reaction as "She's a cunt." Maybe it's an onomatopoetic effect, I don't know. But it puzzles me.

I kind of like the word, myself; it has a strong, deep, sturdy sound (Proto-Germanic?), rather Shakespearian, I think. I like it better than "pussy," anyway, sheesh... :roll:
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Nine Inch'll please a Ladie...

but for a Country Cunt like mine,
in Truth, twere nay sa gentle;
'Twill take two inches more than nine -
Now that's a sauncy pintle!

Robert Burns

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:43 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
sktELEMENT wrote:...for some reason, that short, simple, 1 syllable C-word, has a catastrophic effect for some reason. Im not sure why, compared to others its defined intention is more innocent than the others...
Yeah, I don't quite get that, since "He's a dick," doesn't ever get the same horrified reaction as "She's a cunt." Maybe it's an onomatopoetic effect, I don't know. But it puzzles me.

I kind of like the word, myself; it has a strong, deep, sturdy sound (Proto-Germanic?), rather Shakespearian, I think. I like it better than "pussy," anyway, sheesh... :roll:
Ya, I like that word too, but only if I really, really, really, really, really want to piss a girl off.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

MyDearFriend

Post by MyDearFriend » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:05 pm

gaminwench wrote:Nine Inch'll please a Ladie...

but for a Country Cunt like mine,
in Truth, twere nay sa gentle;
'Twill take two inches more than nine -
Now that's a sauncy pintle!

Robert Burns
There ya go! :wink:
jkisha wrote:Ya, I like that word too, but only if I really, really, really, really, really want to piss a girl off.

JK
JK you are a devil, aren't you?

8)
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:

Yeah, the whole language for women and for sex in general is problematic. And certainly when a man is putting down other men by giving them women's anatomy or attributes that's a big red flag, as a feminist and as a little bit gender-queer.
If it makes anyone feel any better, I'm quite liking Bernie Gunter/Philip Kerr's "plum." "Mouse" I'm more ambivalent about. I once met a men who liked "quim." (Derived from qwm which must be one of a very few english words without vowels. Derived from the Welsh for "valley.")
English has more words than any other language in the world. It's too bad that we don't have a better selection in this place.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:English has more words than any other language in the world. It's too bad that we don't have a better selection in this place.
I've always liked "innie" and "outie". I.e.: I have an outie, you have an innie.

Pretty much sums it up without baggage.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

MyDearFriend

Post by MyDearFriend » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Eric wrote: I've always liked "innie" and "outie". I.e.: I have an outie, you have an innie.

Pretty much sums it up without baggage.
I'm trying to imagine using those words in an intimate exchange, or in erotic fiction, and really not getting very far! Oh well I guess I need to free my mind. Thanks! I will take these thoughts to bed with me. 8) It's after midnight here.

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm

The other night, we watched Hal Sparks, a comedian on one of the premium channels. He pointed out that a pussy stretches 3 times its normal size and bleeds once a month and does not die! Yet the term designates someone who is "wimpy".

Meanwhile, a guy with big balls is supposed to be all macho. One little flick of the balls and the guy is on the ground in misery! So someone with "balls" should actually be the wimp and the pussy should be the tough one! Makes sense to me!

I prefer "love tunnel drenched in labial essence."

Trish prefers the simple term, "VAG."
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

tamarakay
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by tamarakay » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:46 am

The one and only time an adult called me a cunt it struck me as so funny that i burst into laughter. I couldn't stop laughing for quite a long time. Totally made the guy calling me that look like the goofball he really was. I haven't been able to take that man seriously about anything ever again.

and then once my stepdaughter called me cunt, as that is what her mom said to call me. I asked her what she thought that meant, she didn't know and then we looked it up. It made her sad. After that she would run things by me that she learned from her bio before she used it in public. poor kid was 5. Yes, we had custody for pretty obvious reasons.

ken calls mine sweetness :oops:
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

sktELEMENT

Post by sktELEMENT » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:37 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:

Yeah, the whole language for women and for sex in general is problematic. And certainly when a man is putting down other men by giving them women's anatomy or attributes that's a big red flag, as a feminist and as a little bit gender-queer.
If it makes anyone feel any better, I'm quite liking Bernie Gunter/Philip Kerr's "plum." "Mouse" I'm more ambivalent about. I once met a men who liked "quim." (Derived from qwm which must be one of a very few english words without vowels. Derived from the Welsh for "valley.")
English has more words than any other language in the world. It's too bad that we don't have a better selection in this place.
For the record, crypt, I would definately not use that word toward a guy, It would not even cross my mind, and I have never personally heard it used as an insult for a guy. It really would not make sense, and a guy would not give a fuck, perhaps the term bitch for a guy would be more effective in that case. In my post I was using a general insult towards people, fuckhead, prick, or asshole would have worked just fine, and the insult was intended toward snarky PEOPLE in general not women.

Even If a man was offended with that insult because it is calling him a woman, I understand where they would be coming from. Men often take pride in their manhood, just as you women do of your womanhood. I would bet the average woman would be offended if someone told her she was manly and manly looking, especially if she took pride in her womanhood and sexuality

Also for the record, with you being a feminist, I personally feel that getting offended at the word "cunt", JUST because you are a woman, is in itself sexist. Had I posted prick, bastard, or dick, you would not have thought twice about it or mentioned it. Kinda oxymoronizes the idea of feminism, which I assume is equality among sexes, or am I wrong about this? Is the goal to achieve higher societal status over men?

P.S. Oh yes yes yes, I just invented that word, oxymoronizes, and I LIKE IT! >;)
Infect Me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:21 am

We may be eplaya, but we have standards?

Thought not.

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Teo del Fuego » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 am

For the record, I don't use the C-word because I know how volatile it can be for some women, and also,because use of those words tends to do much more damage to the person using them than to the recipient.

Having said that, I am glad that I have not let any "magic words" have such power over me.

sktELEMENT

Post by sktELEMENT » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 am

Teo del Fuego wrote:Having said that, I am glad that I have not let any "magic words" have such power over me.
Agreed, words are words, When writing that word I envisioned not a man, not a woman, but a Snarky PERSON. If it offended, than I apologize. perhaps I shoulda used a more gender neutral insult, like... Meanie Heads... :idea:
Infect Me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:24 pm

I use "fuckos" here. Although today I learned "fuck-knuckles" which I find appealing. Fucking fuck-knuckled fuckos. Yeah.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:37 pm

It is seldom that I find anybody that is truly worth berating.

If I do, the best retort is the C-word.

Since life is change, and change is life, the responce is "dont ever Change".

And the best advice is "Change your mind".
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

tiredofbeingnice

Post by tiredofbeingnice » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:07 pm

lol @ people writing out "c-word"

come on!

I'll type it for ya cunt cuntity cunt cunt cunt

I take my licks on the playa the same way I deal with it in default./ with a shot of whiskey.

there are too many definitions for space docking so we switched to the backstreet martin.

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 pm

can't sit still wrote:I agree with Iso. What's a snark?
It's a close relative to the snipe, and together they make for some great hunting excursions. :wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

sktELEMENT

Post by sktELEMENT » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 pm

tiredofbeingnice wrote:lol @ people writing out "c-word"

come on!

I'll type it for ya cunt cuntity cunt cunt cunt

I take my licks on the playa the same way I deal with it in default./ with a shot of whiskey.

there are too many definitions for space docking so we switched to the backstreet martin.
Thanks again! Once again just a word. But I suppose people are typing it as C-word because the feminists got their damn panties up in a bunch...total joke...but yeah, out of eh...respect
Infect Me

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:32 pm

C=change. :wink:

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

MyDearFriend

Post by MyDearFriend » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 pm

FIGJAM wrote:It is seldom that I find anybody that is truly worth berating.

FIGJAM wrote:C=change. :wink:
Yeah I got that, and I hope you don't mind me stealing it, as "Don't ever change" is the best response imaginable for some of the knuckleheads I deal with. 8) Woo hoo, they won't even get it, and I will be smiling...

Thank you!

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:13 am

Well, if you cant say something nice, say it nicely. :wink:

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:22 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:It is seldom that I find anybody that is truly worth berating.

FIGJAM wrote:C=change. :wink:
Yeah I got that, and I hope you don't mind me stealing it, as "Don't ever change" is the best response imaginable for some of the knuckleheads I deal with. 8) Woo hoo, they won't even get it, and I will be smiling...

Thank you!
I don't get it either.

JK
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:25 am

FIGJAM wrote:Well, if you cant say something nice, say it nicely. :wink:
That defeats the purpose of not saying something nice in the first place.

JK
JK

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:46 am

But it eases my angst! :lol:

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:18 am

FIGJAM wrote:But it eases my angst! :lol:
:lol: That made me smile.

Jk
JK

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 am

TomServo wrote:
AntiM wrote:Ah man, but shotguns are soooo cooool....

Like my shotgun AntiM? Was my grandpa's.

the right barrel has a hair trigger....as Faux Trot and I found out at 4th of Juplaya. whoops
Is the ak on the bottom the offending party in a savage apt. shooting last year? :wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Return to “Open Discussion”