Radiation

All things outside of Burning Man.
The CO
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Post by The CO » Mon May 02, 2011 10:28 am

can't sit still wrote: I tend to be a contrarian and post stuff for people to shoot at. It keeps the interest going and often leads to a fairly accurate picture. I often see where the knowledgeable people keep it to themselves until provoked by heresy. Then, they grit their teeth and straighten us out.
Correct me if I'm reading this wrong. Are you saying that you intentionally post information that is inaccurate & has a "high noise-to-signal" ratio, with the hope that someone who actually knows something will speak up? And you do this because intelligent/educated people are hiding knowledge from the rest of the world, which they will only give out when provoked by stupid questions?

Do I have that right, or are you saying something different?
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
When I ask how many burns, I mean at BRC.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 11:42 am

Socratic methadone.
Frida Be You & Me

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Mon May 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Wouldn't be the first time that I've had the crazies pry into my private and career life from this board.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon May 02, 2011 5:28 pm

There are only so many hours in a day. My focus is primarily directed towards our economic situation. I've never claimed to be an expert on anything. I've never pried into someone's private life or C.V. This from ceolywn, "I read tons of blogs and
rarely reply but felt compelled recently"
I suspect that Iso felt compelled also.
Look at where the "global warming" thread is,,, dead. Look at the amount of debate on the "global cooling" thread.
How does one discover new facts if one doesn't even know that they exist?
There are many areas of interest that are very important. I can't possibly be well read on everything. We share info from our specialties and areas of interest.
Ygmir pointed out immediately that the conclusion of whats-her-name was impossible because it left out diffusion. I wasn't trying to fool anyone. I usually try to be more careful. Kinda blew it that time. No harm done because you people aren't stupid.
I don't post it like it is unchallengeable dogma.
Y'all make a contribution and we arrive closer to the truth. The starting point isn't of critical importance. That particular one from whats-her-name was pretty weak. It's the end-point that matters.
When y'all see me run people into the ground for their ideas, you'll know that I believe in my own infallibility. Until then, I don't believe in infallibility.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 5:58 pm

so i guess that means we should take all of your posts for what they are, the re-gurgitation of questionable ideas for the purpose of furthering debate?

ummmm, yeeeeaaaaaah.

nice try Mr. Trump, but those matza balls are sinkers, not floaters....

fail.
Frida Be You & Me

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun May 15, 2011 10:18 am

While ceolwyn and Isotopia have presented good info, there are a lot of unresolved questions about long-term effects of radiation. This is a long quote from anarticle in Der Spiegel;

In a special report this past weekend Der Spiegel poses the question: “Everyone knows about Chernobyl, Three Mile Island and, now, Fukushima. But what about Semipalatinsk, Palomares and Kyshtym?â€
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon May 23, 2011 5:51 pm

This page has good charts on average radiation exposure;
http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultran ... ation.html

Tamino

Post by Tamino » Sun May 29, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm waiting for CSS to post one of the following:

The moon landings were faked.

The holocaust didn't happen.

Lizard aliens are living under the Masonic Denver airport.

Ice cubes in liquor ads were subliminally displaying female silhouettes that made men want to drink more.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 pm

This is an interesting paper claiming that fewer baby girls were born because of radioactive fallout. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... dwide.html
A while back, I posted a study showing that fewer baby boys were born in the arctic communities because of a fire-retardant that was very prevalent in the higher latitudes.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:15 pm

This paper cites studies connecting infant mortality with radioactive fallout;
http://www.counterpunch.org/sherman06102011.html

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:05 pm

can't sit still wrote:This paper cites studies connecting infant mortality with radioactive fallout;
http://www.counterpunch.org/sherman06102011.html
Why do you always cite the most disreputable of sources? Is it because one of the editors has the last name "Cockburn"?

"America's Best Political Newsletter" -- Out of Bounds Magazine (who?)

On the side-bar: Now available from CounterPunch books! "Fear of the ANIMAL PLANET -- The hidden history of ANIMAL RESISTANCE"

"A 35% Spike in Infant Mortality in Northwest Cities Since Meltdown" Nice, comparing a 10-week dataset (that's right, TEN WEEKS) with a 4-week dataset. Real apples to apples there. Follow that shit up with an irrelevant infant mortality statistic and some pointless citations and you're gold!

But hey, that Janette D. Sherman couldn't miss an opportunity to write some vacuous "essay" with meaningless statistics to push her equally worthless book could she? Gullible people eat that shit up.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Well, shoot. If you don't like Counterpunch,,, should I quote a Bay area paper,,,, a Black paper??? How about a Black, Bay area paper? http://sfbayview.com/tag/cdc-morbidity- ... ly-report/
:lol: :lol:
Maybe I should look for a Chinese paper to round things out.

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Are you paranoid CSS? we all die!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Snow

Post by Snow » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:43 pm

no links to glowing orange babies? There goes my plans for Fukishima day care project on the playa. anyone know of a source of (cheap) glowing babies?
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:25 am

can't sit still wrote:Well, shoot. If you don't like Counterpunch,,, should I quote a Bay area paper,,,, a Black paper??? How about a Black, Bay area paper? http://sfbayview.com/tag/cdc-morbidity- ... ly-report/
:lol: :lol:
Keep it up CSS, though your crowning achievement was quoting Rense.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 am

garbage in, garbage out....

CSS is the trashman of info...
Frida Be You & Me

Foxfur
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur/[email protected]: Village Not Found

Post by Foxfur » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:23 am

BBadger wrote:Why do you always cite the most disreputable of sources?
BBadger wrote:Now available from CounterPunch books! "Fear of the ANIMAL PLANET -- The hidden history of ANIMAL RESISTANCE"

Having worked at an animal research facility I can tell you there is no resistance. Just think, if you were put up in a pretty nice place, fed high quality food, had your own door to go outside and play on nice playground equipment, and had full medical and dental care provided. Oh yeah, and your participation helps those who feed you.
BEFORE anyone flames me, I didn't do any experiments or testing on the animals. I built the machines that the scientists used when THEY did. Me? I was just following orders, :D :lol: 8) .
BBadger wrote:...your crowning achievement was quoting Rense.

I like you Bbadger. I like the way you analyze the situation and toss out relevant and meaningful observations.
Need more of that on this planet...

Ff

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:16 am

"toss out relevant and meaningful observations"
Foxfur, surely you can't be referring to decades of research around Chernobyl? How could that be considered relevant? 8)

Foxfur

Post by Foxfur » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

can't sit still wrote:"toss out relevant and meaningful observations"
Foxfur, surely you can't be referring to decades of research around Chernobyl? How could that be considered relevant? 8)

Crap. That came out wrong (mom said that when I was born, too).
Toss out used in the sense of offering up for consideration, not casually discarding anything, no.

Whatever it's called, keep doing it Bb.

Ff

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:21 am

Foxfur wrote:Having worked at an animal research facility I can tell you there is no resistance. Just think, if you were put up in a pretty nice place, fed high quality food, had your own door to go outside and play on nice playground equipment, and had full medical and dental care provided. Oh yeah, and your participation helps those who feed you.
BEFORE anyone flames me, I didn't do any experiments or testing on the animals. I built the machines that the scientists used when THEY did. Me? I was just following orders, :D :lol: 8) .
Especially when you compare it to their conditions in the wild, fending for their lives against predators, scavenging food, fighting one another. It's a damn five-star hotel for them!
I like you Bbadger. I like the way you analyze the situation and toss out relevant and meaningful observations.
Haha, I liked how the line could be interpreted in two different ways. I wasn't quite sure how to interpret it before the explanation. Probably "dolling out" would be less ambiguous than "tossing out".

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Not that you'd do us one in kind but you might start with a source that has some margin of credibility. Oh, and facts might be a nice thing to contribute as well.
Desert dogs drink deep.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:44 pm

The Japanese GOV has come out and said; "the situation has become extremely severe"
They have a 750 page report. http://www.shimbun.denki.or.jp/en/news/20110614_01.html
Russia Times says that the radiation will spread through the groundwater.

Roberto Dobbisano

Post by Roberto Dobbisano » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:05 am

the russian times, Now THERE'S a reliable source.

for bullshit.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:10 pm

It seems that Nebraska is having to use sandbags to keep the flood out of their nuke plant;

Bob Bitchen

Post by Bob Bitchen » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:12 am

If you are worried here follow this linkhttp://phoenixtears.ca/articles/fightin ... radiation/

It truly does work.

I've seen proof.

My soon to be wife has been cancer free for 20 years now.

She's 60 & looks 50 or less & has had cancer 5 times with Chemo & Radiation treatments.

She uses everyday
Bob Bitchen

Those who want to be seen will never be seen even if they have already been seen.

Fuck Um if they can't take a Joke & Joke em if they can't take a Fuck.

Don't sweat the petty things just pet the sweaty things.

Foxfur

Post by Foxfur » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:18 am

can't sit still wrote:It seems that Nebraska is having to use sandbags to keep the flood out of their nuke plant;

I guess that whole prayer & intervention thing didn't work out so well.
God must hate them.
Fornicators.
:twisted:

can't sit still

Re: Radiation

Post by can't sit still » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:49 pm

"That's an amazing reduction from the maximum emission of 2,000 terabecquerels per hour on March 15". Doesn't sound all that good to me.
http://ex-skf.blogspot.com/2011/07/1-bi ... ssion.html

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:37 am

There seems to be some radiation on the Pacific coast;

Cheyenne

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:54 am

This is an interesting paper claiming that fewer baby girls were born because of radioactive fallout. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... dwide.html
Please please please don't quote that shitty, right wing, scaremongering waste of space of a rag as credible - they incite more hatred, panic and sensationalism in the UK than all the other tabloids put together... they are known affectionately amongst level headed Brits as 'The Daily Fail'

Show me a lancet, British Medical Journal or other peer reviewed publicaton where the info has not been doctored by nut jobs working for this fascist newspaper, and I'll believe you a bit more....

Go Tigers!

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 pm

It seems that Japan wants to burn all their radioactive shit. This sounds highly stupid. Where do they think the radioactivity is going to go? It doesn't just disappear.
"In the meantime, some garbage incinerators and sludge incinerators at waste processing plants and sewage treatment plants in cities in Kanto have become so radioactive that they have to be shut down"
http://ex-skf.blogspot.com/2011/08/japa ... allow.html
The article talks about burying radioactive ashes. What about all the radioactive material that is vaporised?

Return to “Open Discussion”