Osama Bin Laden killed by CIA!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun May 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Bluemandrew wrote:The bloodlust I've seen displayed by my fellow Americans in the last few hours has been really unsettling.
It's a bit unsettling that you don't seem to get it.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Bluemandrew

Post by Bluemandrew » Sun May 01, 2011 10:41 pm

TomServo wrote:
Bluemandrew wrote:The bloodlust I've seen displayed by my fellow Americans in the last few hours has been really unsettling.
Is it? This isn't a perfect world. Would you die for your family?
Of course I would. I don't get where you got that question out of my statement.

I don't really give a shit that he died. That's not my problem by any means. Dancing in the streets because anyone is dead is plain and simple fucked up though. Should we be firing our AKs up into the air too?

And we don't even know that this means anything. When a man is hunted for 10 years it's safe to assume someone else is ready to be in charge when the hounds finally catch up to him.

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Sun May 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Bluemandrew wrote:
TomServo wrote:

I don't really give a shit that he died. That's not my problem by any means. Dancing in the streets because anyone is dead is plain and simple fucked up though. Should we be firing our AKs up into the air too?

And we don't even know that this means anything. When a man is hunted for 10 years it's safe to assume someone else is ready to be in charge when the hounds finally catch up to him.
He's over. Its not bloodlust, but justice.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

goathead

Post by goathead » Sun May 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Bluemandrew wrote: Should we be firing our AKs up into the air too?
What a fine idea, but I don't have mine at work today.
:twisted:

Maybe in the morning.
:D

capjbadger
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Post by capjbadger » Sun May 01, 2011 11:19 pm

That's not it at all. That is not bloodlust. That is relief. That is a 10 year weight taken off their shoulders.
You saying that's bloodlust is like saying the bride is sad because she's crying at her wedding. :roll:

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Sun May 01, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks for not letting me down. I knew you'd come through with some asinine, stupid shit reply.

Bluemandrew

Post by Bluemandrew » Sun May 01, 2011 11:21 pm

goathead wrote:

Maybe in the morning.
Fire a few off for me, I live in CT and would get in a bunch of trouble if I tried that...

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Sun May 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Isotopia wrote:
Thanks for not letting me down. I knew you'd come through with some asinine, stupid shit reply.
Fuck off Iso!

goathead

Post by goathead » Sun May 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Bluemandrew wrote:
goathead wrote:

Maybe in the morning.
Fire a few off for me, I live in CT and would get in a bunch of trouble if I tried that...
20 or 30 round mag?
:lol:

Don't have any of the real big ones, fuckers just weight to much anyway when loaded.
LMAO

Bluemandrew

Post by Bluemandrew » Sun May 01, 2011 11:53 pm

goathead wrote: 20 or 30 round mag?
:lol:

Don't have any of the real big ones, fuckers just weight to much anyway when loaded.
LMAO
30 works ;-)

I have a 50 muzzleloader, and in CT they're technically not "firearms" Should I give that a shot and see what happens?

Seriously, I get killing him, I'm just in disbelief at how excited people are.

goathead

Post by goathead » Mon May 02, 2011 1:46 am

Bluemandrew wrote:I have a 50 muzzleloader, and in CT they're technically not "firearms" Should I give that a shot and see what happens?

Seriously, I get killing him, I'm just in disbelief at how excited people are.
sure give it a shot, should scare the hell out of everyone at 5 am your time. :lol:

Why not feel good about it?
If 9/11 hadn't happened how many lives wouldn't have been wasted?
How many billions of dollars could have been used for something else?

time to say NEXT and get #2

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon May 02, 2011 3:32 am

I think part of the justice here, is this criminal being hunted down and stalked for the past 10 years. Ten years of looking over his shoulder and wondering if he was going to die any minute, and then finally being killed, is a good ending for this slob. I only hope he got to look the soldier that killed him in the eyes as he was taken out.

Bluemandrew

Post by Bluemandrew » Mon May 02, 2011 6:30 am

So after some thinking, I have to say I'm really glad he's dead. Satisfied with how it went down.

I was surprised at how outwardly happy people are, and I still don't quite get that. It's okay though, I'm just generally conflicted about everything...

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Mon May 02, 2011 6:39 am

Bluemandrew wrote:So after some thinking, I have to say I'm really glad he's dead. Satisfied with how it went down.

I was surprised at how outwardly happy people are, and I still don't quite get that. It's okay though, I'm just generally conflicted about everything...

Just remember how outwardly sad we were in 2001...I think that would explain it.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 7:38 am

jkisha wrote:

no kisha, you dont "Get it"...

fucking pathetic....fucking disgusting.
Frida Be You & Me

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Mon May 02, 2011 8:52 am

Here's an interesting article about some guy in Pakistan actually live tweeting about the attack as it was happening, not knowing it was a raid on bin Ladin.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/sohaib-at ... d=13506941
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
jkisha wrote:

no kisha, you dont "Get it"...

fucking pathetic....fucking disgusting.
some people, just need to die.

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 am

Considering the title of this thread and the Original Post, accuracy and truth should be addressed.
is not accurate.
Were it not for this high-value target, it might have been a routine mission for the specially trained and highly mythologized SEAL Team Six, officially called the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, but known even to the locals at their home base Dam Neck in Virginia as just DevGru.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive ... -bin-laden

GO NAVY!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon May 02, 2011 9:36 am

Well, here's one gun-toting liberal who is glad to celebrate our warriors splattering this evil bastard's brains. For me, it's not an affirmation of death and military might, but an affirmation of the lives that he stole and our own cravings for freedom and peace.

Al Qaeda was a charisma-driven personality cult, and deprived of its figurehead, it cannot last much longer, especially since the change that they claimed to offer, can now be seen in Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen and other places, without blowing up innocent people.

I suppose we'll still be taking off our fucking shoes at the airport for some time, though.

neon tetra

Post by neon tetra » Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 am

TomServo wrote:
Bluemandrew wrote:
TomServo wrote: Is it? This isn't a perfect world. Would you die for your family?

He's over. Its not bloodlust, but justice.
Even if one is to buy into the story that Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11...that was less than 3000 civilians. Add a few more from some of his other attacks, it still doesn't even come close to the number of civilians that the U.S. has killed in Iraq, Afghanistan & elsewhere.
Yet...when people dance in the street celebrating American deaths...we act as if it's an OUTRAGE! How dare they?!?

It's all the same bullshit.
Fear, delusion, hate, greed, intolerance, etc.

See through the illusion of separateness.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/earthfragments2/bug.gif[/img]

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 am

TomServo wrote:
Kinetic V wrote:Justice delayed is still a trillion times better than justice denied.

I respectfully remind all who view this thread that not everyone killed on 9/11 died on that day. I lost a friend who was injured but died a week later...he was not on the list of names read out loud on the anniversary. But he is a victim just the same. He was a father, a husband, and my best friend. And a damn good man....

Today...has been a long time coming. And I don't give a damn what anyone else will think or say but I am celebrating Osama's death, I am celebrating the fact that there is JUSTICE at last, and that the sorry son of a bitch finally got what he fucking deserved.
+1,000,000
Amen Brothers.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

CapSmashy
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Well, here's one gun-toting liberal who is glad to celebrate our warriors splattering this evil bastard's brains. For me, it's not an affirmation of death and military might, but an affirmation of the lives that he stole and our own cravings for freedom and peace.

Al Qaeda was a charisma-driven personality cult, and deprived of its figurehead, it cannot last much longer, especially since the change that they claimed to offer, can now be seen in Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen and other places, without blowing up innocent people.

I suppose we'll still be taking off our fucking shoes at the airport for some time, though.
Summed up nicely.

If I had been in DC last night, I would have been at the North Gate with all the other people.

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Mon May 02, 2011 9:49 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Well, here's one gun-toting liberal who is glad to celebrate our warriors splattering this evil bastard's brains. For me, it's not an affirmation of death and military might, but an affirmation of the lives that he stole and our own cravings for freedom and peace.

When we consider how our lives changed because of that bastard,,,,, Trish was trying to immigrate at that time and it delayed us at least a year.

All the bullshit at the airports,,,,, fuck,,,, that'll never go away,,,, sighhhh.

And you can bet all the other ways GOV has weaseled its way into our lives will not go away anytime soon either.

But I'm thinking it's time to get out of Afganistan and let Iran deal with them. Now that would be poetic justice in my mind.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

Dr. Pyro
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 am

In my opinion the best thing about Osama Bin Laden's death is that it has taken that Goddamned wedding out of the news.

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 am

IDK. I prefer to call it payback. At least he got off easy with a head shot. Others weren't so lucky.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Mon May 02, 2011 10:37 am

Trishntek wrote:Considering the title of this thread and the Original Post, accuracy and truth should be addressed.
is not accurate.
Were it not for this high-value target, it might have been a routine mission for the specially trained and highly mythologized SEAL Team Six, officially called the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, but known even to the locals at their home base Dam Neck in Virginia as just DevGru.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive ... -bin-laden

GO NAVY!
I posted this when that was the most accurate information available. Based on reports I am still hearing the operation was directed by the CIA and carried out by JSOC.
JK

1durphul

Post by 1durphul » Mon May 02, 2011 10:57 am

Osama bin Laden died in a war in which he fired the first shot.

He was the leader of the enemy. Apparently he was unwilling to surrender, and as a result he died on the field. In war the losing leader has three options: surrender (through various forms), suicide, or be killed by opposing forces.

That is how war works.

The world is a better place without him in it.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon May 02, 2011 11:46 am

What is troubling is that the compound he was hiding in was a few hundred yards from a Pakistani Army training facility. From all reports, OBL's compound was heavily fortified. It's inconceivable to me that the Pakis were not curious about who lived there.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 11:46 am

i guess Dubstep is Dead....Long Live Jingoism!
Frida Be You & Me

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Pakistan has told western reporters for years that if we find out OBL is in Pakistan, we should tell them and they would deliver him.. I am very, very proud of our President for doing what HE said he would do - if he found OBL in Pakistan, we would go get him ourselves.

What a brave and dramatic operation! I am so grateful for those who make it their task to carry out our country's dangerous "dirty work".

I had a sense of unease about feeling elated and excited by another's death - but I do entirely understand why people are celebrating. This was a victory for us, and the halting of a truly evil mass murderer. This was a mission that we had vowed to accomplish.

Let's see what Pakistan has to say about why he went "undetected" in the midst of an area populated by military and retired military.

Return to “Open Discussion”