Osama Bin Laden killed by CIA!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Apparently he was unwilling to surrender, and as a result he died on the field.
That may have been the case but the point is a moot one seeing as how the opportunity to surrender was never an option.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon May 02, 2011 12:08 pm

/

Then our contry went all kissie face a did a nice domp bat sea..

Should have impailed him on a pike on the White House lawn

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Mojojita wrote:Pakistan has told western reporters for years that if we find out OBL is in Pakistan, we should tell them and they would deliver him.. I am very, very proud of our President for doing what HE said he would do - if he found OBL in Pakistan, we would go get him ourselves.

What a brave and dramatic operation! I am so grateful for those who make it their task to carry out our country's dangerous "dirty work".

I had a sense of unease about feeling elated and excited by another's death - but I do entirely understand why people are celebrating. This was a victory for us, and the halting of a truly evil mass murderer. This was a mission that we had vowed to accomplish.

Let's see what Pakistan has to say about why he went "undetected" in the midst of an area populated by military and retired military.
if this were all that was needed to justify said action then why havent we dropped special ops into the Cheney Compound Yet?
Frida Be You & Me

neon tetra

Post by neon tetra » Mon May 02, 2011 12:18 pm

1durphul wrote:Osama bin Laden died in a war in which he fired the first shot.
Right.

And Columbus "discovered" America.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/earthfragments2/bug.gif[/img]

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 12:23 pm

this is a world gone mad....i am in total agreement with neon tetra.
Frida Be You & Me

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Mojojita wrote:Pakistan has told western reporters for years that if we find out OBL is in Pakistan, we should tell them and they would deliver him.. I am very, very proud of our President for doing what HE said he would do - if he found OBL in Pakistan, we would go get him ourselves.

What a brave and dramatic operation! I am so grateful for those who make it their task to carry out our country's dangerous "dirty work".

I had a sense of unease about feeling elated and excited by another's death - but I do entirely understand why people are celebrating. This was a victory for us, and the halting of a truly evil mass murderer. This was a mission that we had vowed to accomplish.

Let's see what Pakistan has to say about why he went "undetected" in the midst of an area populated by military and retired military.
if this were all that was needed to justify said action then why havent we dropped special ops into the Cheney Compound Yet?
I would buy beer and popcorn to consume while watching the film of that one....sounds very entertaining - a real "stand up and cheer" show.

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Mojojita wrote:
Simon of the Playa wrote:

I would buy beer and popcorn to consume while watching the film of that one....sounds very entertaining - a real "stand up and cheer" show.
Some guy got out of bed and twiited it live.. He did not even know what was going on at the time.. He was almost next door.. Thought it might be training..

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon May 02, 2011 1:17 pm

CapSmashy wrote:
Ugly Dougly wrote:Well, here's one gun-toting liberal who is glad to celebrate our warriors splattering this evil bastard's brains. For me, it's not an affirmation of death and military might, but an affirmation of the lives that he stole and our own cravings for freedom and peace.

Al Qaeda was a charisma-driven personality cult, and deprived of its figurehead, it cannot last much longer, especially since the change that they claimed to offer, can now be seen in Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen and other places, without blowing up innocent people.

I suppose we'll still be taking off our fucking shoes at the airport for some time, though.
Summed up nicely.

If I had been in DC last night, I would have been at the North Gate with all the other people.
Thanks, Cap'n. :)

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon May 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Bin Ladin was tracked by the nsa for 16 years.

The compound has been watched for some time.
The unusual factors got attention.
Although expensive, it had no phone, internet or trash service.

Ultimately it was run of the mill detective work that narrowed the location down.

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Mon May 02, 2011 1:22 pm

neon tetra wrote:Even if one is to buy into the story that Bin Laden was responsible for 9/11...
Are we to believe Bin Laden lied when he said he was responsible for master minding, financing and ordering the attacks that occurred on 9/11?
that was less than 3000 civilians.[/quot]

So, for you, 3000 dead is not enough justification to go after the person or people responsible. How many deaths, in your opinion, would it take to justify a military response?
it still doesn't even come close to the number of civilians that the U.S. has killed in Iraq, Afghanistan & elsewhere.
I opposed the invasion of Iraq, but fully supported the invasion of Afghanistan to go after the Taliban and root out the senior Al Qaeda leadership that was being protected there. Too bad we had an administration that was not truly committed to the legitimate cause in Afghanistan and simply seeking an excuse to go into Iraq.

Do the ends justify the means when all is said and done? Probably not.
Yet...when people dance in the street celebrating American deaths...we act as if it's an OUTRAGE! How dare they?!?
Except that Bin Laden was more than just a man in terms of the image he adopted and chose to portray. He was the proverbial boogeyman that masterminded the attack on our nation and the deaths of thousands. A real life specter of evil.

That is more what the spontaneous celebrations were about last night. Not being happy that a man had been killed, but that a man that had personified himself into the specter of evil had been slain.
It's all the same bullshit.
Fear, delusion, hate, greed, intolerance, etc.

See through the illusion of separateness.
While I can appreciate and even admire your position here, the world is not ready for such a broad spiritual enlightenment.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 1:42 pm

i guess Cap'n that you have to swallow the 9/11 story hook line and sinker in order to Justify this.

i believe in the Laws of Physics, so i cannot.

that leads me to other conclusions which i would prefer not to get into at this juncture.
Frida Be You & Me

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon May 02, 2011 2:41 pm

The taliban has expressed a certain displeasure with bin ladin's death.

According to the bbc, he was hiding behind his wife when shot, and refused to surrender.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_ ... _bin_laden

neon tetra

Post by neon tetra » Mon May 02, 2011 2:53 pm

this is a world gone mad....i am in total agreement Simon of the Playa.

neon tetra

Post by neon tetra » Mon May 02, 2011 3:01 pm

CapSmashy wrote: Are we to believe Bin Laden lied when he said he was responsible for master minding, financing and ordering the attacks that occurred on 9/11?
Well, first of all, is it that much of a stretch to think that he lied? lol
He also denied it right after - http://articles.cnn.com/2001-09-16/us/i ... _s=PM%3AUS
I personally think a deal was struck between the U.S. (who graciously flew all of the Bin Ladens out of the country right after the 'attacks') and Mr. Tim Osman (Bin laden's CIA name).
It's a win-win situation; the U.S. has someone to pin it on, and he has something to make him look good for his moronic followers.
I wouldn't be surprised if he died first, & that's why we finally 'killed' him.
Who knows? I sure as hell don't, and neither does anyone else, save for a small handful of folks in very high positions of power.

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Mon May 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Everything is a conspiracy! Just like Obama's birth records. Im glad the fucker's dead! Don't know why we didn't use covert ops to begin with. I think we tipped him off with the whole full scale invasion.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Mon May 02, 2011 3:26 pm

neon tetra wrote:Well, first of all, is it that much of a stretch to think that he lied? lol
Is it that much of a stretch to believe he was telling the truth?
I personally think a deal was struck between the U.S. (who graciously flew all of the Bin Ladens out of the country right after the 'attacks') and Mr. Tim Osman (Bin laden's CIA name).
The flight nonsense has long since been debunked.
It's a win-win situation; the U.S. has someone to pin it on, and he has something to make him look good for his moronic followers.
Ockham's razor brother. What you suggest would require far too many people to have kept their mouth's shut. 50 years ago? Maybe. Today in the age of 7 figure pay offs for insider information, not a chance in hell.

I am as distrustful of anything my government tells me as the next guy, but the elaborate nature and scope of involvement in terms of the 9/11 attacks being an inside job are too complex to keep it quiet in this day and age.
I wouldn't be surprised if he died first, & that's why we finally 'killed' him.
Who knows? I sure as hell don't, and neither does anyone else, save for a small handful of folks in very high positions of power.
The helmet cam footage from the strike team and aerial footage (high altitude and sat images) is likely to be released pretty soon. I personally believe they got him with this raid.

I also understand the skeptical nature that many have and I will not belittle or demonize those that have opinions different from my own. Well, unless it gets too far out there. I enjoy such conversations, especially over shots of strong alcohol infused beverages. :)

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:i guess Cap'n that you have to swallow the 9/11 story hook line and sinker in order to Justify this.

i believe in the Laws of Physics, so i cannot.

that leads me to other conclusions which i would prefer not to get into at this juncture.
No problem brother.

I'll bring the vodka and we can discuss this and more in the dust soon.

Deal?

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm

deal...i'll bring my math and knowledge of controlled demolitions.
Frida Be You & Me

neon tetra

Post by neon tetra » Mon May 02, 2011 3:42 pm

CapSmashy wrote:The flight nonsense has long since been debunked.
link?

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 3:51 pm

oy....this is why i keep my opinions on this matter to myself....it leads nowhere.

i can't do anything about jack kennedy Either....

it's done, a fait accompli, there is no use arguing over spilled steel.
Frida Be You & Me

Token

Post by Token » Mon May 02, 2011 4:05 pm

I'd like to hear the phone call made to the Colonel in charge of the transports:

Ring ... Ring

"Hello Colonel Ladi-Da, this is Brigadier General So-and-So. We received clearance for special ops mission such and such. Straight from the top.

I need you to prep your two best birds for my boys. I mean I want the best birds, no rescue mission for these boys. They are cocked, locked and ready to rock. Putting it all on the line.

Have I made myself clear?"

"Yessir! Loud and clear!"

You'd think after building tens of thousands of these helis, we'd be able to pick two that won't break down!

What's the warranty on these things anyway?

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm

May not have been a breakdown.

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Mon May 02, 2011 4:47 pm

gyre wrote:According to the bbc, he was hiding behind his wife when shot, and refused to surrender.
how fitting .... his last act on earth was to hide behind a woman ...

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon May 02, 2011 4:59 pm

thats funny, i heard he was hiding behind his burning man tickets while fondling young boys tied up in hello kitty duct tape.

seriously.
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon May 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Usually the simplest explanation is the one that turns out to be true.

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon May 02, 2011 5:21 pm

JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon May 02, 2011 5:22 pm

littleflower wrote:
gyre wrote:According to the bbc, he was hiding behind his wife when shot, and refused to surrender.
how fitting .... his last act on earth was to hide behind a woman ...
I gather there was a gun involved as well, probably a kalashnikov.

I've seen some of the video, but too choppy to tell much.

I'm sure everyone would have preferred a live capture to a "martyr's death".
Too bad he didn't get the medieval justice he preferred.

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon May 02, 2011 5:26 pm

They (MSNBC) are now reporting that the women killed might not have been his wife and rather than being used as a shield, might have just been caught in the cross fire; and that he (bin Laden) might not have had a gun.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon May 02, 2011 5:30 pm

If he didn't have a gun, then that's something he will really have to be ashamed of.

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Desert dogs drink deep.

Return to “Open Discussion”