maryanimal is in the ambulance, right now.

All things outside of Burning Man.
maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 am

Hello everyone. First and foremost I must say all these warm and loving wishes have comforted me in ways you'll never know. I have this family that means so much to me and I've never met you. You've all touched me so deeply, that I really can't describe the feeling in me other that love. This unconditional love shown from you to me, and me to you.

I've had a rough few weeks with losing my place, taking mom to a place far away from me and financial ruins. All this stress has broken down my immune system. Not to mention a lower back issue no one can seem to help me with. I've been sick for a few months. And when I was driving home today, I was weak, burning up(the doctor said he thought I was hot flashing) and even though I didn't have a temp, I was on fire and was getting sicker. I was having trouble breathing. It was like someone was standing on my chest, and I just became so weak, I called Tom and he helped me through everything. He kept me calm when I was scared to death being on the side of the road on the freeway all alone. And for that I'm forever grateful. It felt like I had no control of my muscles, I was limper than a wet wash rag. I had my car towed and it cost me a lot to get it out.

But the worst humiliation of all, is when they asked me if I had money for the tow service or a credit card. The doctor asked me if I maxed it out. When they found out I didn't have money, I was then treated like an indigent. They didn't xray my back to see why my back hurt so much. Basically, one by one people came in and asked me the same questions. At that point I just started to sob. I should've just kept driving home. I've never felt more alone than I did today on the side of that freeway. But Tom, wonderful, sweet Tom made feel safe and cared for when I needed someone.

I drove for three hours when I left the hospital. None of the staff even said goodbye, hope you feel better or anything. I still feel so sick. Like a bronchitis I can't shake, hot, and weak.

My estranged husband is allowing me to stay here for a short while. My son gave me his room. I feel blessed in that sense. But it's hard to be here. I'm no longer a member of this family. And it shows, however that's ok.

Anyway, what's more important to me, is all of you crazy, loving, snarky people I'm am so BLESSED to call my family and call my friends.

It's almost 1 a.m. and the music is loud up stairs. I'm glad I'm not working in the morning.

My undying gratitude to everyone of you.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:20 am

Whew... I am sure glad that you are all right Maryanmal. I hope you get some sleep. Sweet dreams.

(((((((((((((Maryanimal))))))))))))
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

MisaBlue
Burning Since: 2010

Post by MisaBlue » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:55 am

(((((MA)))))

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:04 am

Sometimes it's just a matter of which hospital you go to.
Breathing issues should be treated more seriously though.

I drove myself to the hospital once, knowing I might pass out any second.
Damned if I was going to be taken to the wrong hospital!
But who needs a working health care system?!

I hope you're okay.
If you're not, keep trying to get the care you need.

Sometimes you need a reminder that there's a whole other world out there.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 am

Best and warmest healing for you MA, in all ways.

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:48 am

{{{{{{{{{{{{{MA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Mary, thanks for calling someone like Tom. You know if anyone of us were with in 100 miles or so, anyone of us would zOOm to aid you.

Thanks Tom for the update 8)
Mary,listen to your body and start finding a relax point to clear your head from all the distractions. You 1st, Mom 2nd, you 3rd, burn 4th world, fuck-em
8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

Minxy

Post by Minxy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:56 am

Wow, glad you're "ok", MA. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

It sounds like you're going through some hard stuff right now. =/

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 am

and, a super THANK YOU, to TomServo , for being there, caring, and doing what he could!!!

We gotta watch eachother, gang, and he's given us an example to follow.

and, letting us know what was going on.

Glad you got a place to stay for a while MA..........I hope you can get some rest, and find it was stress, and feel better.

Again, Good on ya, TS!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:31 am

Lots of love and healing to you Mary.
Maybe one day in corporate america we'll have a humane health care system.

Love

Cowboyangel
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:03 am

So who's got the pay pal to gather money to get her car out of hock?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 am

((((((MA))))))

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 am

cowboyangel wrote:Lots of love and healing to you Mary.

Love

Cowboyangel
yeah, but, to add to that, even without the "corporate America" thing, they could have asked if she was ok and wished her well.
Funding, does not make people kind and caring. I was disappointing that, once they found out she had no insurance, their attitude changed.
That, is "people" not the system.
IMHO.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

MyDearFriend
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 am

ygmir wrote:
cowboyangel wrote:Lots of love and healing to you Mary.

Love

Cowboyangel
yeah, but, to add to that, even without the "corporate America" thing, they could have asked if she was ok and wished her well.
Funding, does not make people kind and caring. I was disappointing that, once they found out she had no insurance, their attitude changed.
That, is "people" not the system.
IMHO.
Yep, exactly.

Though the system is badly broken, there are some good people on the front lines.

And, there are rude and uncaring folks even in health systems where payment is not a consideration.

(((Maryanimal))) be well
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 am

//

I get sent to the back of the bus often.. Now that I'm old and poor..

But Fishy asked if some one could set up a pay-pal to help MA get her car out of hock..

I picked up a few $$ selling stuff @ our.. garage sale this weekend..
Or a bucket of cans I can cash in..

Anyone want to help get things started :?:

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 am

theCryptofishist wrote:So who's got the pay pal to gather money to get her car out of hock?
You're so sweet fishy. I got my car out but it took very dime I had. When I went in to pay I broke down and asked the guy if he could take anything off the bill. He made a call and and got $20 taken off. I thanked him so much. His name was Kelly. He was such a nice man. We talked about our current lives and he knows what I'm going through, he's having some difficulty himself.

It felt good to lay down and rest, and cry my eyes out. I don't remember much after that. I fell asleep, felt good to just sleep.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 pm

(((((MA)))))

You take care of yourself.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 pm

I have a personal paypal account, which dooesn't have any fees, last I checked, but I can't get anything from a credit card, again, last time I checked.
That might be limiting for some people.
Happy to do what I can.

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 pm

oh MA!
love for you and yours and please please anything we collectively can do to help

TS thanks
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Mary Animal,
Thank god you're ok!

I'm truly sorry all that happened!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 pm

((((((((MA))))))))))
((((((((Tom))))))))
Sweetheart, get thyself to a free clinic and get checked out again - please??????? Tell them about the stress you are under! You are important to us

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Wish you continued and quick healing.
(((MA)))
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Mojojita wrote:((((((((MA))))))))))
((((((((Tom))))))))
Sweetheart, get thyself to a free clinic and get checked out again - please??????? Tell them about the stress you are under! You are important to us
((((MA))))

Yea, get some rest and take Mojoita's advice, try to get that back diagnosed.
Sometimes a shot is all it takes to clear a bad back up. i think your stress level would diminish drastically if you can stop the physical back pain issues.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 pm

ygmir wrote:and, a super THANK YOU, to TomServo , for being there, caring, and doing what he could!!!

We gotta watch eachother, gang, and he's given us an example to follow.

and, letting us know what was going on.

Glad you got a place to stay for a while MA..........I hope you can get some rest, and find it was stress, and feel better.
Again, Good on ya, TS!
Well, I'm trying to find another place Yg. I haven't been here 24 hours...ok, backtrack a bit. I married my estranged husband as a package deal. He had 4 boys who I loved like they were my own. I watched them grow from small kids, to confused teen, to adult. A couple still confused. They wanted for nothing. I let them know that they were "my sons" even though they had a nutburger for a mom. I cheered at graduations and cried tears of joy at weddings.

My ex said I was welcome in his home, however, I see this is not the case. My ex takes any opportunity to talk down to me. My kids treat me like I'm an interloper and are telling me what I can and can't do. All except for my son that gave me his room. My youngest just talked to me like I was a piece of trash.

I called a few shelters but I don't qualify. I'm not battered or abused. I make too much money and I had to laugh at that one. They said I wasn't considered a critical case.

So, I don't know which is better. Living in my car, or in this house. The crap keeps rolling down hill, right in my direction. Sorry if I sound so pathetic. I can't wait to get the hell out od Washington.

Psychocybin420

Get better soon Mary

Post by Psychocybin420 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 pm

:shock: (((MaryAnimal))) Much love to you, get well soon.... burningman is only a couple months away!

edited to add : wow those people sound like real shitheads. Move to the middle states somwhere..i heard its rather cheap in illiniois. you could get a job and live in ur car until u can find a place thats cheap enough. Nobody deserves to be treated the way your being treated. I can kinda relate.. the house i was living in , with my mom and brother.. (my mom kicked my sister out at eighteen ). My mom worked 4 days a week and my brother went to school. My father has been out of the picture for years , but then suddenly passed away in 2003. Ever since then my mom and brother went through bouts of depression and anger. I was the punching bag, being the middle child and apparently the least depressed (because i knew the way he treated my mom). They sat around the house and did NOTHING. I cleaned the house everyday, cook dinner.. do all the household chores. My brother being the youngest and almost 18 is a very rebellious teenager. Does terrible in school, makes HUGE messes and "forgets" cleans them, is violent and angry..yadda yadda yadda... ANYWAYS i took this shit for 4 years because i wanted to keep my mom from being too depressed and killing herself (she talked about it a few times). So even though i kept the house clean and cooked dinner every night, i was called every name in the book, from worthless cunt to deadbeat daughter. I finally moved out may of 2011, using most of my burningman funds, bcuz i couldnt stand the emotional battering from my own family. Now im doing so much better..gaining weight and much happier person! Anyways ...enough about me..im glad your okay. I hope you move out of that place and find a nice peaceful place you can call home. Much love Mary, my prayers are with you.
If cocaine were legal, would they sell it in little packages like Sweet N' Low? Would they call it Sweet N' High?

Rabbi Dali Rick

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:25 pm

GOOD JU JU VIBES HEADED YOUR WAY MA...

the rebbi

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:07 pm

(((((((((((((MA)))))))))))

Darlin'? get yourself to a county clinic or hospital. They can see that whatever aid is available to you will be utilized.

Pneumonia can act like the symptoms you describe. I sure hope that's not the case! But you did mention bronchitis-like symptoms. Your stress is sucking the life out of you! MAKE TIME for your sanity!

So sorry about your mom,,,, I know it's just a matter of time for us too. But please take to heart that aging and death are just as much a part of life as birth and development. We simply must accept the side effects of the passing time.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Maryanimal, get well! And reach a real doctor! And, don't do this again! You scared the fuck out of me last night. Maybe my ex can arrange a benefit show..I just won't mention Burning Man.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Psychocybin420, I'm so happy you got out of that situation. people like that suck you in with guilt and threats of suicide. You cant control what others will do. You need to take care of yourself and live your own life. And whatever becomes of them is not your fault! xo

Rabbi Dali Rick] I feel those JU JU vibes coming my way! Thank you so much. <3

Trishntek , I plan on doing that tomorrow. I want to make sure that this too shall pass. <3

fishy That sounds like a great idea. With my back as it is, couches are out! cxo <3

Tom, you were my lifeline when I was in despair. You answered my SOS, and helped my time of need. Thank you. I'm sorry I scared the shit out of you. Did you have a spare pair of pants around?

May God bless each and every one of you. Tears of joy are falling down my face because I never knew so many people would care so much. It's something I've never experienced.

Psychocybin420

Post by Psychocybin420 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:43 pm

aw thank u mary

(((mary))) we are just glad ur okay :)

see u on da playa !!
If cocaine were legal, would they sell it in little packages like Sweet N' Low? Would they call it Sweet N' High?

Return to “Open Discussion”