maryanimal is in the ambulance, right now.

All things outside of Burning Man.
User avatar
gyre
Posts: 15457
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Post by gyre » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:08 pm

If you need help, email me and we'll get on the phone and check it out.
It isn't too difficult.
There are some steps.

User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
Posts: 14710
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe
Location: Palm Springs
Contact:

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:10 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:Well I put some cash in an envelope and dropped it in the mail already. Sorry Delle that your kind of cash won't help her much. :?

Maybe you could paypal someone here who could then stick the cash in the mail to her? sounds like she needs it yesterday...

Edited to add: sorry I don't have the paypal to do that myself
OK, I'll drop mine in the post then.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

User avatar
Sail Man
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 am
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious
Location: 20 Minutes into the Future

Post by Sail Man » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Wow! The things that happen when one goes up north and off the grid,,,

MA, more good vibes headed your way, hope things work out for you sooner then later.

And Tom, bang up job sir, bang up job!
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.
_______________________________________

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

User avatar
MyDearFriend
Posts: 3760
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE
Location: Washington, DC

Post by MyDearFriend » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Sail Man wrote:Wow! The things that happen when one goes up north and off the grid,,,

MA, more good vibes headed your way, hope things work out for you sooner then later.

And Tom, bang up job sir, bang up job!
This bears repeating:

Tom, bang up job sir, bang up job!

8) 8) 8)

User avatar
graidawg
Posts: 3180
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker
Contact:

Post by graidawg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:51 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
Sail Man wrote:Wow! The things that happen when one goes up north and off the grid,,,

MA, more good vibes headed your way, hope things work out for you sooner then later.

And Tom, bang up job sir, bang up job!
This bears repeating:

Tom, bang up job sir, bang up job!

8) 8) 8)
£ times the charm

TOM BANG UP SIR, BANG UP GOOD JOB!
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

User avatar
burner von braun
Posts: 1481
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:10 pm

I might suggest another option.

Perhaps maryanimal, you should consider getting a P.O. box at the post office. You can rent one at the six month rate. I suspect it would become operational same day. You wouldn't have to even tell those that don't have your best interests at heart about it at all. It may prove useful to you beyond this immediately concern as well. I think with the generous nature of the burners I'm seeing here, we could offset the cost of the box rent quickly, and hopefully take at least a little bit of the sting out of your current predicament. If you go this route, let us know, and we'll PM you from here to get your new P.O. Box address so that folks are hopefully comfortable about the arrangement.

Just tossing it out there as an idea.

Maryanimal, I remember when you first arrived here at eplaya, as do a lot of us, we love having you around, and I think many of us would be happy to chip in to help you out of a jam.

User avatar
moonrise
Posts: 2226
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Silver Circle; Reno, Tahoe, Vegas

Post by moonrise » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 pm

P.O. Box is a smart idea.

Especially if it's as fast and easy to get one as in the USA.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

User avatar
gyre
Posts: 15457
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Post by gyre » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:37 pm

moonrise wrote:P.O. Box is a smart idea.

Especially if it's as fast and easy to get one as in the USA.
She's in california, but it should work the same.

User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 pm

burner von braun wrote:I might suggest another option.

Perhaps maryanimal, you should consider getting a P.O. box at the post office. You can rent one at the six month rate. I suspect it would become operational same day. You wouldn't have to even tell those that don't have your best interests at heart about it at all. It may prove useful to you beyond this immediately concern as well. I think with the generous nature of the burners I'm seeing here, we could offset the cost of the box rent quickly, and hopefully take at least a little bit of the sting out of your current predicament. If you go this route, let us know, and we'll PM you from here to get your new P.O. Box address so that folks are hopefully comfortable about the arrangement.

Just tossing it out there as an idea.

Maryanimal, I remember when you first arrived here at eplaya, as do a lot of us, we love having you around, and I think many of us would be happy to chip in to help you out of a jam.
Thank you. I remember when I first came here too! Got some snark in the beginning and learned it was a gentle way of breaking me in!!! And I was thinking about a P.O. box. I may get one today if possible!! It's a great idea. I should've got one a while ago anyway.

I do feel very blessed.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

User avatar
Minxy
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am
Location: Vallejo, CA

Post by Minxy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Hey Mary can you let us know if you get one?

Would hate to mail to the wrong address. :P

User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
Posts: 14710
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe
Location: Palm Springs
Contact:

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:38 pm

maryanimal wrote:
burner von braun wrote:I might suggest another option.

Perhaps maryanimal, you should consider getting a P.O. box at the post office. You can rent one at the six month rate. I suspect it would become operational same day. You wouldn't have to even tell those that don't have your best interests at heart about it at all. It may prove useful to you beyond this immediately concern as well. I think with the generous nature of the burners I'm seeing here, we could offset the cost of the box rent quickly, and hopefully take at least a little bit of the sting out of your current predicament. If you go this route, let us know, and we'll PM you from here to get your new P.O. Box address so that folks are hopefully comfortable about the arrangement.

Just tossing it out there as an idea.

Maryanimal, I remember when you first arrived here at eplaya, as do a lot of us, we love having you around, and I think many of us would be happy to chip in to help you out of a jam.
Thank you. I remember when I first came here too! Got some snark in the beginning and learned it was a gentle way of breaking me in!!! And I was thinking about a P.O. box. I may get one today if possible!! It's a great idea. I should've got one a while ago anyway.

I do feel very blessed.
You can use this link to check rates. I think it varies by location. L.A. Is around $40 per 6 months.
https://poboxes.usps.com/poboxonline/se ... ingPage.do
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks JK! I'm getting one tomorrow. I already signed up online for one.! <3
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

User avatar
delle
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 am

Post by delle » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 pm

And.............. her paypal is up and running and confirmed working!!!


Whooohoooooooo.

We gots options. Options are GOOD!

:D
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Dang, made homemade pinto beans for the protein. I got a little more than protein! Good for the stomach though.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

User avatar
Box Burner
Posts: 5781
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 2:33 am
Location: Kentucky

Post by Box Burner » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:45 am

Rice and beans together make a complete protein. :)
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

.

User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:13 am

Yummmm! I love rice and beans! I'm going to the market to get a few things: one being a jalapeno. some brown rice, low carb tortillas and some ground beef. It would make for a great burrito with cheese, low-fat sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes. I've been laying off the carbs for the most part these past 2 month. Going gluten-free however, sometimes it isn't easy to turn down a form of bread. I LOVE BREADS!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

User avatar
neon tetra
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by neon tetra » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Get some quinoa! It's the healthiest grain & one of the few that's a complete protein. And it's delicious, imo. I like red the best, but they're all good.

( I think I accidentally sent this as a PM too, lol )
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/earthfragments2/bug.gif[/img]

User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 pm

I love quinoa!! There's a red version? I'll have to look into that. I had baked chicken withrice and corn tonight. Felt good to have a semblance of an appetite! *burp* scooz me!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

User avatar
LeChatNoir
Posts: 5906
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:52 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Eplaya, you have restored my faith.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

User avatar
Snow
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:15 am
Location: Lost in duststorm

Post by Snow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:03 pm

YAY for this thread, not MA's issue, but rather the response. Glad to see you're back to grubbing and belching by the way.

What part of CA are you in?
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam

User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Snow wrote:YAY for this thread, not MA's issue, but rather the response. Glad to see you're back to grubbing and belching by the way.

What part of CA are you in?
Well it did feel good to eat! I love lemon chicken. I don't live in CA Snow. Right now I live in Spokane Valley WA.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

User avatar
Snow
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:15 am
Location: Lost in duststorm

Post by Snow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 pm

I thought I read on this thread you were in CA. I was confused since it says Spokane under your name. Not the first time I've read something wrong and certainly won't be the last.
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam

User avatar
wedeliver
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Tionesta, CA
Contact:

Post by wedeliver » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 am

So, I had a dream. Ma, a wonderful dream Ma..to the tune of Gypsy Rose Lee.. anyway I have offered through pm maryanimal a place to stay and get better if she wishes. Part of my dream had Yaggi driving up here with her.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29387
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Post by ygmir » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:26 am

wedeliver wrote:So, I had a dream. Ma, a wonderful dream Ma..to the tune of Gypsy Rose Lee.. anyway I have offered through pm maryanimal a place to stay and get better if she wishes. Part of my dream had Yaggi driving up here with her.
yer a wonderful man, WD, kind and generous.........and, if I can, I would be happy to.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Hey! A caravan of burners! Now that's a great idea huh Yggy?
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

User avatar
wedeliver
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Tionesta, CA
Contact:

Post by wedeliver » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:45 am

Thank you Ygmir, you are to kind. I await to see what is decided.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29387
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Post by ygmir » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am

twould be a blast!!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
Minxy
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am
Location: Vallejo, CA

Post by Minxy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:12 am

I'd join a MA caravan!!!

User avatar
wedeliver
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:10 am
Burning Since: 1998
Location: Tionesta, CA
Contact:

Post by wedeliver » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:31 am

It could be more than a blast, it could be an event, a HAPPENING..... I noticed this morning that our webcam was down, back up at this time. I also have a weather station and if you click on the thing it will allow you to see the history of our weather and past webcam images. The weather is warming up nicely, we are never as hot as Reno or Sacramento. The more the marrier, they say.

I really would feel it would be an honor to provide a little help to my friends and fellow burners although my desire to give something back goes beyond our group and my heart hurt for Japan, and Missouri, the tornados etc. Then when I heard that a couple of folks here were having a bit of a hard time, I wanted to offer what I have and that is a place. A very peaceful place. I have posted that we have been looking for someone to be a campground host type of position also. Just to make it easy we are located about 35 miles south of the Oregon Border on Cal Hwy 139 in Modoc county. Tionesta is the name of our unincorporated village (kinda like pakistan). We are about 60 miles from Alturas, CA
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:22 am

Minxy wrote:I'd join a MA caravan!!!
YAY Minxy!! It would be so cool to have you in my caravan!! We would definately have a blast!!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Post Reply

Return to “Open Discussion”