maryanimal is in the ambulance, right now.

All things outside of Burning Man.
gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:08 pm

If you need help, email me and we'll get on the phone and check it out.
It isn't too difficult.
There are some steps.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:10 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:Well I put some cash in an envelope and dropped it in the mail already. Sorry Delle that your kind of cash won't help her much. :?

Maybe you could paypal someone here who could then stick the cash in the mail to her? sounds like she needs it yesterday...

Edited to add: sorry I don't have the paypal to do that myself
OK, I'll drop mine in the post then.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Wow! The things that happen when one goes up north and off the grid,,,

MA, more good vibes headed your way, hope things work out for you sooner then later.

And Tom, bang up job sir, bang up job!
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Sail Man wrote:Wow! The things that happen when one goes up north and off the grid,,,

MA, more good vibes headed your way, hope things work out for you sooner then later.

This bears repeating:

Tom, bang up job sir, bang up job!

8) 8) 8)

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:51 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
Sail Man wrote:Wow! The things that happen when one goes up north and off the grid,,,

This bears repeating:

Tom, bang up job sir, bang up job!

8) 8) 8)
£ times the charm

TOM BANG UP SIR, BANG UP GOOD JOB!
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:10 pm

I might suggest another option.

Perhaps maryanimal, you should consider getting a P.O. box at the post office. You can rent one at the six month rate. I suspect it would become operational same day. You wouldn't have to even tell those that don't have your best interests at heart about it at all. It may prove useful to you beyond this immediately concern as well. I think with the generous nature of the burners I'm seeing here, we could offset the cost of the box rent quickly, and hopefully take at least a little bit of the sting out of your current predicament. If you go this route, let us know, and we'll PM you from here to get your new P.O. Box address so that folks are hopefully comfortable about the arrangement.

Just tossing it out there as an idea.

Maryanimal, I remember when you first arrived here at eplaya, as do a lot of us, we love having you around, and I think many of us would be happy to chip in to help you out of a jam.

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 pm

P.O. Box is a smart idea.

Especially if it's as fast and easy to get one as in the USA.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:37 pm

moonrise wrote:P.O. Box is a smart idea.

Especially if it's as fast and easy to get one as in the USA.
She's in california, but it should work the same.

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 pm

burner von braun wrote:I might suggest another option.

Perhaps maryanimal, you should consider getting a P.O. box at the post office. You can rent one at the six month rate. I suspect it would become operational same day. You wouldn't have to even tell those that don't have your best interests at heart about it at all. It may prove useful to you beyond this immediately concern as well. I think with the generous nature of the burners I'm seeing here, we could offset the cost of the box rent quickly, and hopefully take at least a little bit of the sting out of your current predicament. If you go this route, let us know, and we'll PM you from here to get your new P.O. Box address so that folks are hopefully comfortable about the arrangement.

Maryanimal, I remember when you first arrived here at eplaya, as do a lot of us, we love having you around, and I think many of us would be happy to chip in to help you out of a jam.
Thank you. I remember when I first came here too! Got some snark in the beginning and learned it was a gentle way of breaking me in!!! And I was thinking about a P.O. box. I may get one today if possible!! It's a great idea. I should've got one a while ago anyway.

I do feel very blessed.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Minxy

Post by Minxy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Hey Mary can you let us know if you get one?

Would hate to mail to the wrong address. :P

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:38 pm

maryanimal wrote:
burner von braun wrote:I might suggest another option.

Thank you. I remember when I first came here too! Got some snark in the beginning and learned it was a gentle way of breaking me in!!! And I was thinking about a P.O. box. I may get one today if possible!! It's a great idea. I should've got one a while ago anyway.

I do feel very blessed.
You can use this link to check rates. I think it varies by location. L.A. Is around $40 per 6 months.
https://poboxes.usps.com/poboxonline/se ... ingPage.do
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks JK! I'm getting one tomorrow. I already signed up online for one.! <3
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

delle

Post by delle » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 pm

And.............. her paypal is up and running and confirmed working!!!

Whooohoooooooo.

We gots options. Options are GOOD!

:D
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Dang, made homemade pinto beans for the protein. I got a little more than protein! Good for the stomach though.

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:45 am

Rice and beans together make a complete protein. :)
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:13 am

Yummmm! I love rice and beans! I'm going to the market to get a few things: one being a jalapeno. some brown rice, low carb tortillas and some ground beef. It would make for a great burrito with cheese, low-fat sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes. I've been laying off the carbs for the most part these past 2 month. Going gluten-free however, sometimes it isn't easy to turn down a form of bread. I LOVE BREADS!

neon tetra

Post by neon tetra » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Get some quinoa! It's the healthiest grain & one of the few that's a complete protein. And it's delicious, imo. I like red the best, but they're all good.

( I think I accidentally sent this as a PM too, lol )
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/earthfragments2/bug.gif[/img]

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 pm

I love quinoa!! There's a red version? I'll have to look into that. I had baked chicken withrice and corn tonight. Felt good to have a semblance of an appetite! *burp* scooz me!

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Eplaya, you have restored my faith.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Snow

Post by Snow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:03 pm

YAY for this thread, not MA's issue, but rather the response. Glad to see you're back to grubbing and belching by the way.

What part of CA are you in?
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Snow wrote:YAY for this thread, not MA's issue, but rather the response. Glad to see you're back to grubbing and belching by the way.

What part of CA are you in?
Well it did feel good to eat! I love lemon chicken. I don't live in CA Snow. Right now I live in Spokane Valley WA.

Snow

Post by Snow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 pm

I thought I read on this thread you were in CA. I was confused since it says Spokane under your name. Not the first time I've read something wrong and certainly won't be the last.
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 am

So, I had a dream. Ma, a wonderful dream Ma..to the tune of Gypsy Rose Lee.. anyway I have offered through pm maryanimal a place to stay and get better if she wishes. Part of my dream had Yaggi driving up here with her.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:26 am

wedeliver wrote:So, I had a dream. Ma, a wonderful dream Ma..to the tune of Gypsy Rose Lee.. anyway I have offered through pm maryanimal a place to stay and get better if she wishes. Part of my dream had Yaggi driving up here with her.
yer a wonderful man, WD, kind and generous.........and, if I can, I would be happy to.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Hey! A caravan of burners! Now that's a great idea huh Yggy?

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:45 am

Thank you Ygmir, you are to kind. I await to see what is decided.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am

twould be a blast!!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Minxy

Post by Minxy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:12 am

I'd join a MA caravan!!!

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:31 am

It could be more than a blast, it could be an event, a HAPPENING..... I noticed this morning that our webcam was down, back up at this time. I also have a weather station and if you click on the thing it will allow you to see the history of our weather and past webcam images. The weather is warming up nicely, we are never as hot as Reno or Sacramento. The more the marrier, they say.

I really would feel it would be an honor to provide a little help to my friends and fellow burners although my desire to give something back goes beyond our group and my heart hurt for Japan, and Missouri, the tornados etc. Then when I heard that a couple of folks here were having a bit of a hard time, I wanted to offer what I have and that is a place. A very peaceful place. I have posted that we have been looking for someone to be a campground host type of position also. Just to make it easy we are located about 35 miles south of the Oregon Border on Cal Hwy 139 in Modoc county. Tionesta is the name of our unincorporated village (kinda like pakistan). We are about 60 miles from Alturas, CA

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:22 am

Minxy wrote:I'd join a MA caravan!!!
YAY Minxy!! It would be so cool to have you in my caravan!! We would definately have a blast!!

Return to “Open Discussion”