Six years I've been with my girl -- 1st year without her

All things outside of Burning Man.
Coastburner

Six years I've been with my girl -- 1st year without her

Post by Coastburner » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:45 pm

I love my girl with all my heart but she for some reason decided to go down a different path. I wish her the best, love her with all my heart and hope she finds what she's looking for. I can't believe I won't be with her this year but she made her choice and I need to make mine. She's beautiful, smart, sexy and fun, I miss her.

Coastburner

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Six years I've been with my girl -- 1st year without her

Post by Elderberry » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Bummer.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Same boat...

Free sailing...
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:09 pm

(((((((((((((((((((gaminwench))))))))))))))))))))))
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

Packoderm

Post by Packoderm » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:17 pm

I was in the same boat 6 years ago. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have been on the playa just being myself.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Hey Coastburner. I'm sorry to hear it, but glad to know from experience that the city will change enough for you have new places to make memories. I think one's default city has a way of being more haunting. All the same old places, all the same old mutual friends. Black Rock City has the very newest cafés and dance floors, at which you are the first or 10th or 50th customer ever, and they're full of people who have absolutely never been there before, new friends to make--ones to whom you do not have to explain yourself. It might be weird without her, but I think you might be able to have a different kind of good (maybe great).

Burning art pieces have a way of confronting me with a much-needed reminder of the transitory nature of beautiful things. It helps me let go. I hope it works the same for you this year.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Don't take this the wrong way Coastburner, but there are those out there who are envious of you. Not me, but some. Hay JR, are you listening?

Coastburner

Post by Coastburner » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words. It's going to be weird for sure but you're all right, new memories to be made. Dr. Pyro, we took a great picture at your camp last year with all the barbies, it's time to do a new one. I'll stop by and say hi. Love your camp.

Coastburner

Coastburner

Post by Coastburner » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:51 pm

I love Burning Man and the all the amazing, fantastic people. :)

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. But listen to what the peeps in here offer you. Make some new memories! And wishing her well was a wonderful thing to do. I hope she said the same to you. I hope you both find what you're looking for! (((((Coastburner)))))
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:55 am

Sometimes a couple gets stuck in complacency and usually it's only a big fight that can break things up. It takes one of you who are brave enough to realize that maybe you're not meant for each other and break up the relationship. After some time apart, you may find someone more compatible or (and this happens quite often) you both realize that you were actually meant for each other.
I give your girl a lot of credit for letting this play out! Let us know how things play out for you both!

Good luck with everything.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:43 am

Shambala wrote:Sometimes a couple gets stuck in complacency and usually it's only a big fight that can break things up. It takes one of you who are brave enough to realize that maybe you're not meant for each other and break up the relationship. After some time apart, you may find someone more compatible or (and this happens quite often) you both realize that you were actually meant for each other.
I give your girl a lot of credit for letting this play out! Let us know how things play out for you both!

Good luck with everything.
Sometimes a big fight can bring people closer together.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Coastburner

Post by Coastburner » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:51 pm

I can't wait to get back to the Playa. This has been a tough time since I made the decision to split with my girl. She would have been 31 on June 30th and I had planned to ask her to marry me. She's done crazy stuff in the past, never admitted exactly what that was and always figured I would forgive her which I have in the past. This time, I hit my limit. She's still living in my house while she finds a place to live and I wish her the best life she could ever have. I'm planning on spending time at the temple this year which I usually do but this year, I'm going to share some amazing wonderful things about my girl or should I say ex-girl. I love her to death and can see she's hurting just like me and just didn't think when she did what she did. My friend told me she found a place to live and will be moving in the next week or two. It's both good and bad as I'm so used to her with me even though she's not laying next to me anymore. I'm looking forward to the love on the playa, the art, the dust and a new beginning. Thanks to all for listening and sharing their thoughts.

Coastburner

Return to “Open Discussion”