All things outside of Burning Man.
Apollonaris Zeus

Michael Moore on Charlie Rose Now!

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:12 pm

its good take a look!

A II Z

rev. lucifer

Post by rev. lucifer » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:40 pm

Michael Moore is a negativity whore. He makes his money on the horror of peoples lives. He is as bad if not worse then the regular media. He acts like he cares, but all he really cares about is selling peoples grief so he can make money. :P
"I only became the Pope because of the hat!?"

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:24 pm

michael moore is charlie rose's bastard child....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:25 pm

cowboyangel wrote:michael moore is charlie rose's bastard child....

but ya gotta respect the guy.......he's one of us
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

rev. lucifer

Post by rev. lucifer » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:27 pm

You can have him. He's not with me. :P

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:32 pm

ok I'll take him but I can't fit him in my car?1*/?

rev. lucifer

Post by rev. lucifer » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:53 pm

Tie him to the roof. :twisted:

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:35 am

You guys are worried about -> Michael Moore?

Puuhhlease. Al-Jazeera's got the real dirt. Anyone that has a problem with Michael Moore is a pussy, woos, punk and lives in a state of denial.
Fact of the matter is, the world is run by a bunch of punks that won't fight for what any of you would have the guts to talk about, let alone fight for.

And I'll be happy to say it not only to any of these punks faces but to anyone that follows them.

Defensively in an anarchy way.

DVD.

(If Bush wins Guaranteed there will be a civil war or a facsimile in the states. No one is gonna take it anymore. I’ll sit back and watch now.)

Woo Hoo!
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:26 am

(If Bush wins Guaranteed there will be a civil war or a facsimile in the states. No one is gonna take it anymore. I’ll sit back and watch now.)
Bush will not win...don't worry

ebaynelson

Post by ebaynelson » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:57 am

rev. lucifer wrote:...all he really cares about is selling peoples grief so he can make money. :P
Have you seen how Michael Moore dresses? What thell hell is he spending his millions on if all he cares about is money? Certainly not a razor...
[color=darkred]~~~
The solutions all are simple... But they're simple only when you know already what they are.

Robert M. Pirsig
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance[/color]

shitmouse

Post by shitmouse » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:54 am

i don't want to get in a poopy match or anything, but it is refreshing to see someone rousting and calling bullshit on some things. -(esspecially GWB).
-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:55 am

ebaynelson wrote: Have you seen how Michael Moore dresses? What thell hell is he spending his millions on if all he cares about is money? Certainly not a razor...
Moore's a classist. His whole schtik is that he is a working class joe at war with capital. The slovenly look is intended to enhance that lie. The truth, of course, is that he has been a wealthy man for many years.

This classist world view is very British, and so very contrary to the American mythic spirit. We who live in places like the SF bay area watch people bootstrap themselves to success all the time. And we watch others fall from grace, or at least wealth, too. Perniciously, the classist world view destroys hope and provides an excuse for accepting one's lot instead of striving for better. And ironically, Moore is an example of class mobility -- he worked and achieved success.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:19 am

Wind_Borne wrote:We who live in places like the SF bay area watch people bootstrap themselves to success all the time. And we watch others fall from grace, or at least wealth, too. Perniciously, the classist world view destroys hope and provides an excuse for accepting one's lot instead of striving for better. And ironically, Moore is an example of class mobility -- he worked and achieved success.
Whatever Moore's class status today, he still grew up in a different one and has a set of cultural values in part derived from it. The bootstraps myth oversimplifies the profound effect class displacement has on communities. I believe that on the balance, just like geographical displacement, it is a negative one. And Moore probably knows plenty of people from Flint who did not land on their feet as well as he did. Plus, he did get rich from expressing a frustration with the class system--why not keep dancing with what brung him? And finally, he may be more comfortable playing a scrappy working class guy than being sneered at for being neaveau riche. (sp.) He's damned as a hypocrite either way.

And please don't oversimplify class. It's a tangled nasty unexamined monster in this country.

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:25 am

Wind_Borne wrote:[
This classist world view is very British, and so very contrary to the American mythic spirit.
"But despite the gradual growth in the importance of political persuasion to official apointment and removal the patrician charecter of federal officialdom changed little during the first four decades of the constitution. The civil service Andrew Jackson inherited was both patrician and stable."

cites available if you really want them.

America is riven by class. The first dynasty was the Adams family (father and son presidency) the latest is the Bush clan. In between we've had the Carneigies, Mellons and Kennedys. Anyway, Moore is a little rich, he is not part of the capital-moving class.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:32 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Whatever Moore's class status today, he still grew up in a different one and has a set of cultural values in part derived from it. The bootstraps myth oversimplifies the profound effect class displacement has on communities. I believe that on the balance, just like geographical displacement, it is a negative one. And Moore probably knows plenty of people from Flint who did not land on their feet as well as he did. Plus, he did get rich from expressing a frustration with the class system--why not keep dancing with what brung him? And finally, he may be more comfortable playing a scrappy working class guy than being sneered at for being neaveau riche. (sp.) He's damned as a hypocrite either way.

And please don't oversimplify class. It's a tangled nasty unexamined monster in this country.
All you say is likely true.

My point is simple: Accept your class defined role, and you're doomed to it.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

stuart

Post by stuart » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:16 am

Accept your class defined role, and you're doomed to it.

true,

but also a likely outcome even if you don't accept it.

untrue

in the case of the working class over the last generation. They bought into some bullshit about being middle class and found it yanked away from them.

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:09 pm

I would like to reply to all of you but I've been hypotized by Ebaynelson I am his slave I will obey. You will obay. Bush will obay. Michael will obay. You will Obay.

A II Z

Simply Joel

Post by Simply Joel » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:15 pm

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:I would like to reply to all of you but I've been hypotized by Ebaynelson I am his slave I will obey. You will obay. Bush will obay. Michael will obay. You will Obay.
A II Z
not if it isn't spelled correctly, thank you very much....
Democrats... snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, daily!

slap my salmon, baby

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm

Simply Joel wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote: not if it isn't spelled correctly, thank you very much....
Well if you spell it obay, you are obaying. And if people ignore this they are in abience.

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:26 pm

Did Charlie at least get a reach-around from that scruffy bastard?
Fight for the fifth freedom!

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:09 pm

Simply Joel wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:I would like to reply to all of you but I've been hypotized by Ebaynelson I am his slave I will obey. You will obay. Bush will obay. Michael will obay. You will Obay.
A II Z

ah...I love it..... spoken like a true Dalak!

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:12 pm

Simply Joel wrote:
A II Z
I was instructed to mispell it by Ebay

do not resist

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:13 pm

Draft Michael Moore for President

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:22 pm

Michael Moore should be on again tonite on C. Rose.

A II Z

rev. lucifer

Post by rev. lucifer » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:55 am

Michael did in fact give him a reach around, I saw it. :D

Return to “Open Discussion”