Elitist Gatekeepers of DMV

All things outside of Burning Man.
Last Real Burner

....This One's for you Technomania Circus..............

Post by Last Real Burner » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:58 pm

you suck,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Tancorix

Post by Tancorix » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:08 pm

Now might be a good time to study the failures of Hitler and the Nazi party.

It's not exactly how Godwin's Law works but damn, this is getting ridiculous.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: Fake it & MORE WHINING- just what everyone wants

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:16 pm

Technomania Circus wrote: I'm a guessing passion scares you, W. And acting too. You see, what is happening here is eplaya-acting. Like a movie or a play. I am an actor. I am acting the part that I am really upset.
And if I had the power to fuck it up for everyone, glad to have scared you, we're playing Halloween now.
Actually, you sound like you're back-pedalling because you know you are behaving like a spoiled kid.

I will rant and threaten and bellyache TIL MY FUCKING HEART'S CONTENT.
Well, no you won't. You'll do it until you get removed, and of course you won't understand why that's happening either... again, just like a spoiled kid.

I'm with the others, I started out with some sympathy for your situation, but your real problem is now obvious.
You aren't winning any friends with the approach you're taking, and if that makes you say "Well great, fuck all of you!" then you should re-examine why you're here.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

stuart

Post by stuart » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:45 pm

There are PERFORMERS TOO in this mix. ANd YOU'RE KILLING US.
what, cuz it aint mobile? Dude, if your performance is gonna suffer cuz it aint mobile perhaps you ought to channel your anger into developing a more compelling performance. As we say in the design world 'if it looks good in black and white it will look good in color'.

Iffin one wants to see what your about one can get on one's bike and go check it out.

Wind_Borne

Tantrum

Post by Wind_Borne » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:53 pm

OK, we all (or at least, most of us) recognize that the increasing awareness and popularity of the Burn has some downsides.

During the 19th century utopian movement it became clear that the maximum size of a democratic utopian community was about 1,800 people. Above that size the need for services, policing and such resulted in the hierarchical and bureaucratic cities we all know today.

That BRC can even aspire to act as a utopian city of 28,000 is due partly to the will of the participants, and partly to its transient nature (we can all get along for a week, can't we?). But lets face it, the utopia of BRC 2004 is rather different from the utopia of BRC 2000; not to mention the utopia of BRC 1996.

So as the Burn has grown it has sadly gained more scrutiny from without and more bureaucracy from within. There's a continuum that has spontaneity at one end and population at the other. So no more camps afire on Sunday night. No more kite sailing on the Playa. No more skeet shooting propane bottles. Too many frat boys. Like all frontiers, BRC was founded by risk takers, and is now settled by the risk averse.

That is the way of things. The choice each person must make is whether or not today's Burn is still an invigorating experience. If so, great! If not, act to improve it or start something new!

Finally to my point. Technomania Circus get a grip and deal. The last time I threw a tantrum like yours was on the kitchen floor when I was two. My mother's only response was to pour a saucepan of cold water on my head. That did the trick. Don't make us pour cold water on your head!

Make the choice... If you can offer your performance on a stationary stage, we will all appreciate it. If not, sit out this year and constructively advocate or facilitate change for next year. Or start your own thing altogether.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:34 pm

and this is about the time when we (everyone tired of this silliness) prays for divine intervention from the admin folks...

stop this thread before it spawns another...
I think its time for one of us to hurl the word 'nazi' so this thread can die a quick death.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Tancorix

Post by Tancorix » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:54 pm

Tancorix wrote:Now might be a good time to study the failures of Hitler and the Nazi party.

It's not exactly how Godwin's Law works but damn, this is getting ridiculous.
Uh, Badger, I've already tried that. Judging by all the follow-up posts it failed miserably.

Last Real Burner

....The End Is Near.......... The Sheriff is a Near.........

Post by Last Real Burner » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:40 pm

Man if only I had a link to a Trey's Ass pic that would stop this......

merrily,merrily, merrily, merrily, .....merrily,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:33 pm

Tancorix wrote:Uh, Badger, I've already tried that. Judging by all the follow-up posts it failed miserably.
Yeah but Tanc, you didn't really hurl it, you just used it. I think what Badger (and the rest of us) is looking for is something like this...

Tanc, you fucking Nazi!

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:44 pm

Don't make me pour this over someone's head! 'Cause you know in 33 days you'll be wanting a cold bucket of water.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

Last Real Burner

ASS....ASS...WHO'S GOT ASS............

Post by Last Real Burner » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:55 pm

[img]http://www.cultureshark.net/tgoesh/jiggle.gif
[/img]

DON'T MAKE ME USE THIS!!!!!!!!

PICTORALLY,
MR SMITH

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:25 am

Twits. God fucking forbid the eplaya should have angry people with actual (BRC) political problems. See you next year.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:03 am

DON'T MAKE ME USE THIS!!!!!!!!

Aaah, my eyes!!
Be the change you seek in the world.

stuart

Post by stuart » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:03 pm

yeah bob, and god fucking forbid people disagree them too I guess.

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:11 pm

Disagreement: Healthy.

Tantrum: Self-Destructive.
-- George Washington

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:19 pm

[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

doktorrandom

(continuation of regulations rant)

Post by doktorrandom » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:53 pm

OK you commodifiers,
Settlers of the tamed expanse
Life is good when it's easy
Meds till you can't hear DrT's rants
If a vehicle is purpose built
I's kinda possessed by the one true burn
The transition is now
But the tail end of what once was
is still worth havin a cow.

dr random
"Be virtuous and you will be eccentric." -Twain

Doktor Random

doktorrandom

Spelling correction!

Post by doktorrandom » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:25 am

Actually I menat to write "it's" where it says "I's"

Thank you for your patience with this matter.

drr

Doktor Random

doktorrandom

Post by doktorrandom » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:10 am

Ok Ok, let me please correct this latest spelling error.

'menat' should be 'meant'

Doktor Random

angelgabe

Post by angelgabe » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:53 pm

A little off topic,yet ontpic as well-what was the deadline to preregister?It passed by and I didnt get a chance to register.Was the deadline even announced?was it announced well?I would still really like to apply.Is there anyway I can "appeal to apply".I know its a long shot,but I'd really appriciate it.

angelgabe

Post by angelgabe » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:53 pm

A little off topic,yet ontpic as well-what was the deadline to preregister?It passed by and I didnt get a chance to register.Was the deadline even announced?was it announced well?I would still really like to apply.Is there anyway I can "appeal to apply".I know its a long shot,but I'd really appriciate it.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:54 pm

July 15th I believe was the deadline, as announced on the BM website and the Jackrabbit Speaks newsletter.
Exceptions MIGHT be made if you show up with something extremely awesome (hate to use that word, but it's actually appropriate here!)... but we're talking La Contessa awesome... and they did say MIGHT...
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Return to “Open Discussion”