Confessions.

All things outside of Burning Man.
shuranuff

Post by shuranuff » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:59 pm

Kinetic wrote:
stu wrote:Back to the thread, I confess to having a crush on Precipitate's e-playa posts....
mostly interesting, sometimes harsh, but always very good.
oh, oh, so it's not just me. sort of an attraction-fear thing with a good laugh thrown in.

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:37 am

oh, oh, so it's not just me.
No, it's not just you.

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:11 am

It's the picture with the gun that does it for me. How can you say "no" to a woman with a gun?

<i>No I mean really, how the hell can you? I mean, like, she's got a gun...</i>

eastcoastburninggirl

Post by eastcoastburninggirl » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:28 am

1. i confess to dreaming about having an RV this year (multiple times).

2. i confess to being annoyed by the scooters, the neverending techno music and for part of the time, the rampant testasterone of my camp mates.

3. i confess that the second i leave burning man, i start longing for the playa again.

4. i confess i often wish i lived on the west coast so it would be a heck of a lot easier to get to.

5. i confess to having mind blowing sex with my boyfriend on some random art structure in the outer limits. i confess to leaving my thong underwear there. at the time i thought of it as some nice tribute - i realize now i probably left litter for someone else to pick up and i feel a little guilty about that.
Find peace within the chaos.

PJ

Post by PJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:01 pm

I confess that I laid face-down on a comfy padded table today while a pretty, petite, and muscular massage therapist hung from some overhead wooden bars and squeezed all my muscles with her feet. I had no idea that feet could be moved in those ways. It's called "Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy," the result simultaneously made me cry and, um, gave me a major erection.

You know how they say crack cocaine and methamphetamines are addictive right from the first use? Well, maybe--but neither one could possibly be more addictive than my experience.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:08 pm

I know you were too distracted to take a picture but this sounds unbelievable.

I never thought I'd find myself fascinated by the quirks of e-playans.

nymphgonebad

Post by nymphgonebad » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:09 pm

PJ wrote:I confess that I laid face-down on a comfy padded table today while a pretty, petite, and muscular massage therapist hung from some overhead wooden bars and squeezed all my muscles with her feet. I had no idea that feet could be moved in those ways. It's called "Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy," the result simultaneously made me cry and, um, gave me a major erection.

You know how they say crack cocaine and methamphetamines are addictive right from the first use? Well, maybe--but neither one could possibly be more addictive than my experience.

shiatsu rocks. i use it all the time in my bodywork practice.
nice to see another addict around!

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:13 pm

Kansas City sucks, we're doing good to have much of anything let alone a variation of it. Let's see, if it's available in Colorado, it might make it here in, say 4 years from now?

And then everyone wonders why I take so many trips and get away from here!

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:16 pm

Did you ever stop to think it might be your duty to travel to these places and bring back the goods to your community?

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:21 pm

Well with my job at Sprint being up in the air and so many things in flux, I'm trying to decide what the hell to do. And you have an idea...maybe bringing some of that stuff here is something I could do.

Right now I am just lost when it comes to certain parts of my life. It's a great time to take a sharp turn and head out in a different direction.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:15 pm

Kinetic wrote:Well with my job at Sprint being up in the air and so many things in flux, I'm trying to decide what the hell to do. And you have an idea...maybe bringing some of that stuff here is something I could do.

Right now I am just lost when it comes to certain parts of my life. It's a great time to take a sharp turn and head out in a different direction.
Here's my advice: uproot and come on out. My life went from good to better when I moved from the midwest to Boston. It went from better to ass-spankin' good times (and then some) when I moved to Cali.

From what I've seen of your posts, Kinetic, you'd be leaving behind some psycho girlfriends and a very loving, supportive nuclear family. They'll understand that you need to pursue your dreams. Also, I dunno what you do for Sprint but I'm pretty sure you could be doing it for someone in California. (Qualcomm is in San Diego, ya know)

Disclaimer: If you move out and it sux don't blame me. :-P

PJ

Post by PJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:41 pm

princess strych-9 wrote:shiatsu rocks. i use it all the time in my bodywork practice.

nice to see another addict around!
Ah, good--I was hoping to encounter an expert. Just what am I supposed to do with this erection?

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:47 pm

Just what am I supposed to do with this erection?
get drunk and masturbate.

looks like what *I'm* gonna do with my evening.
It's all about the squirrels.

nymphgonebad

Post by nymphgonebad » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:56 pm

guys get erections all the time during massage - i'm willing to bet that your therapist has seen her fair share. we bodyworkers don't mind, as long as you don't start waving it in our faces. that said, i have to defer to lydia on this one.

TestesInSac

Post by TestesInSac » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:00 pm

With great shame and contrition, I confess to having left the two beers RebA! brought me at Zane's camp, meaning I never got the chance to try them.

What was I thinking? <sniff>
I am my own sock puppet.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:04 pm

Everything is in a state of total chaos around here right now. I am trying to be nice and juggle keeping the nuclear family happy and handle the psychopathic girlfriends...I kinda wish the karma gods would launch a lighting bolt my way and break some of this loose as it's harder than hell to let go.

After leaving BM I went to SF and fell in love with a city that the job market sucks in. I also like Chicago too....but that is still the midwest. I've never been out East so I know nothing about the places there. So it looks like if I go, it's either SF or Seattle. But to walk away from everything you've ever known for 33 years is not easily done. That's why I wish for some karma god intervention. Then there's the desire to be a regional coordinator...I mean this place sucks, and if I get the coordinator spot maybe I can bring a little relief to the others who share my misery of living in Missouri....and transform myself at the same time.

I'm just trying to find my place, and I shouldn't be spilling it out on public threads like this. But each time that I have, I find others like me and I get ideas that make it easier to break through. Each day I'm on e-playa and around BM people I seem to get stronger. I can't explain it but where this place pulls me down, e-playa and the BM community pulls me back up. It's not quite equalized out, but it's getting close.

PJ

Post by PJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:54 pm

Lydia Love wrote:get drunk and masturbate.
Nah, I think I'll just save it for next year.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:03 pm

Nah, I think I'll just save it for next year.
I wouldn't know for sure, NOT HAVING A PENIS, but isn't that quite some time to live in a priapic (sp?) state?

PJ

Post by PJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:06 pm

Lydia Love wrote:isn't that quite some time to live in a priapic state?
Thanks! You've given me an idea for our new license plate motto!

"Colorado: The Priapic State."

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:16 pm

PJ wrote:
Lydia Love wrote:isn't that quite some time to live in a priapic state?
Thanks! You've given me an idea for our new license plate motto!

Colorado seemed to be a bad place for me this trip with bent trailer rims crossing Independence Pass and a lost trailer hitch climbing Mt. Evans. I kinda got screwed up there this time. So the motto kinda fits my experience with the place.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:45 pm

I would pay good money to see this on a license plate.

Badger

Post by Badger » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:52 pm

May favorite was one (I heard) that was considered a while back by the Texas state legislature. They thought it high time to change the state's license plate and add something cute and fuzzy. Most suggestions were bland and innocuous enough (Texas: the Longhorn State, Texas: We're bigger, we're better, Texas: Capital Punishment Center of the univers, etc.)

Someone had the idea to put the question to the voters. 'Texas: Kiss Our Ass' - or something very close - was the overwhelming favorite.

The idea was shelved.
Desert dogs drink deep.

PJ

Post by PJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:00 pm

Another good license plate motto would be:

"Utah: The Persistent Vegetative State."

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:12 pm

"Utah: The Persistent Vegetative State."
I can attest to this personally.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:29 pm

I happen to kinda like Utah....Moab was pretty cool to explore, and SLC seemed like an interesting place except for that temple and those Angel Moroni statues that I saw everywhere. And they have light rail and other cool stuff...

It's still not far enough West yet with all the wacky California laws and smog checks and all, I'm not sure if CA is a good idea either.

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:16 pm

California: We are like, SO much cooler than you.
Oregon: Where did I put my fucking beer?

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:31 pm

Nevada: We are like, SO much drunker than you.
Oregon: Where did I put my fucking tofu?
Oregon: ITIM my fucking futon?
Oregon: ITIM my fucking bong?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

TestesInSac

Post by TestesInSac » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:13 am

Tennessee: Wu-ut?
I am my own sock puppet.

liebling

Post by liebling » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:59 am

i confess that i'm seriously considering quitting my job, selling my house, and moving to mount shasta and work in a bookstore.
we are becoming who we are

Lothar

I confess!

Post by Lothar » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:21 am

I confess:
  • that the most common phrase in my head on the playa this year was: "I hate you all."

I had a total breakdown at BM

the second most common phrase in my head was "This place rules"

I now know what it is like to be manic.

that I'm going back next year anyway.

that in hindsight I don't really hate you all, just some of you... and most of my camp. :wink:
Wow that felt really good. Meebee those wacky catholics are not as insane as they seem.
Eschew obfuscation.

Return to “Open Discussion”