Confessions.

All things outside of Burning Man.
Borris
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Post by Borris » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:27 am

Kinetic wrote: Same for having a bottle of Coke in your hand all the time! Piss Clear....it's good for you off the playa too!)
Sub that for water and your dentist will hate you (but your waist line will love you even more)
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...

PJ

Re: I confess!

Post by PJ » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:34 am

Lothar wrote:I confess...

Wow that felt really good. Meebee those wacky catholics are not as insane as they seem.

The Catholic Church knows that confession only works if you make a donation.

PayPal will be fine, thank you.

confession

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:13 pm

I confess to missing someone who abused me.

nymphgonebad

Re: confession

Post by nymphgonebad » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:16 pm

abeerinthemorning wrote:I confess to missing someone who abused me.
me, too. who was yours, if you don't mind my asking?

OregonRed
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by OregonRed » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:08 am

I confess that living in a house with seven children (and only 2 of 'em mine) is every bit as bad as it sounds.

I confess it took me two years and INTENSE counseling to stop missing the someone who abused me.

M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:50 am

OregonRed wrote:I confess that living in a house with seven children (and only 2 of 'em mine) is every bit as bad as it sounds.

I confess it took me two years and INTENSE counseling to stop missing the someone who abused me.

Thank you Oregon Red for that light at the end of the tunnel.

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:11 pm

here's a confession
i can't navigate this place
mark it all as read

Borris
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Post by Borris » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:20 pm

Hell eli, who can?

the only way i manage is by being constantly here, i lose myself completly once i go home and lose several hours here.

I dread to think what will happen over my upcoming 4 day holiday (it's yom kippur coming).

P.S. speaking about yom Kippur, we jews have a more interesting notion of confessions. and yom kippur is it's day. anything that is between man and the place (man-god relations) is repentable during this one day (26 hours) of prayer and fasting. BUT sins between man and his friend (or basicly any other person, even the gentile) is non excusable automaticly and you should repent before the man you have sinned to.
SO i would like to use this option (yom Kippur is 2 weeks away) and ask for forgiveness from anyone here that i might have hurt unintentionally or intentionally.

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (this weekend is Jewish new year, we run a weird calendar).
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...

PJ

Post by PJ » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:31 pm

Borris wrote:...i would like to use this option (yom Kippur is 2 weeks away) and ask for forgiveness from anyone here that i might have hurt unintentionally or intentionally.
You stepped on my toe when you were drunk. But you stepped very Gentile-ly.

telizas

Post by telizas » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:53 pm

I confess to being too timid to get spanked at the spank-o-matic like I planned. I confess to disliking a lot of my campmates, and not being shy about it at all - I barely knew them. I confess to taking off alone everyday because I couldn't stand them, and having a GREAT time. I confess that I didn't do as many out off the ordinary things as I had hoped I would. I confess that I was VERY dissappointed not to have been able to take the free pass offered by my boyfriend at home to do, as he said, "whatever I wanted" at BM. I confess that I lusted after my interviewer at Costco and I wish I would have made a move on him.I confess that, as a true BM virgin, I was too shy to go topless until Sat. night. But NO MORE! LOL!

Oh, and as an eplaya newbie, I confess to liking this format. :)
Well behaved women rarely make history.

gabegirl

umm...

Post by gabegirl » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:43 pm

I confess also to missing someone who abused me, and to occasional annoyance at myself for doing so. I confess that I am much happier missing her than I was when I was with her.
I confess to being totally directionless at this BM, and not doing half the shit I wanted to. I confess to having one hell of a time. I confess to REALLY enjoying the Spankomatic (Telizas! Take heed..) and the Observatory.
I confess to falling in love with a lad this BM.

Flux

Post by Flux » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:01 am

Lydia Love wrote:I confess that I've started to think that experiments in community work better if everyone concentrates on what we have in common rather than on our diversity. And it works best if what we have in common is a love of dirty jokes.
I confess that's the best idea I've heard all day.

Flux

Post by Flux » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:13 am

chickenfish wrote:I confess to agreeing with my campmates that a collective trip to Brazil would cost as much and probably be more fun...
I confess that I just realized that Burning Man should be in Brazil next year.

Flux

Post by Flux » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:20 am

Kinetic wrote:No flowers will be painted on the bus though. Sorry.
Hah! That's what you think. I, on the other hand, just realized what my art project for next year is going to be! (Don't worry, it's only tempera-ry.)

angelface

Post by angelface » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:08 am

telizas wrote: I confess that I lusted after my interviewer at Costco and I wish I would have made a move on him.
oh, oh.. do you remember his name.. I might be able to introduce you :)

JsS

Post by JsS » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:10 pm

Forgive me Father, for it has been 12 years since my last confession...
no wait....you will get no confession and like it - been there done that.

Oh well, OK. I confess to not having enough gifts, to being untrusting, to having a legendary addiction to my wifes breasts, to loving house music, to despising bad trance music, to being a bman noob, to not understanding all that happened to me on the playa, to wanting a motorcycle, to drinking unhealthy amounts.

Now my penance...
Spitballs are not free speach

nymphgonebad

Post by nymphgonebad » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:29 pm

JsS wrote:Forgive me Father, for it has been 12 years since my last confession...

Oh well, OK. I confess to not having enough gifts, to being untrusting, to having a legendary addiction to my wifes breasts, to loving house music, to despising bad trance music, to being a bman noob, to not understanding all that happened to me on the playa, to wanting a motorcycle, to drinking unhealthy amounts.

Now my penance...
2 hail mary's, 3 our fathers and a jpg of your wife's breast should do the trick

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:46 pm

princess strych-9 wrote:
JsS wrote:Forgive me Father, for it has been 12 years since my last confession...

Now my penance...
2 hail mary's, 3 our fathers and a jpg of your wife's breast should do the trick
I was actually looking into Catholicism and this just adds to the curiosity.....does it really work this way?

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:49 pm

I was actually looking into Catholicism and this just adds to the curiosity.....does it really work this way?
Pretty much.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:53 pm

Ivy wrote:
Pretty much.
I think I might go Catholic then. But I am so confused about all those Saints and who you say what to that I'm more lost than I ever was.

So much for the Church of Kinetika concept...I don't think it will work if I'm Catholic....of do they ever have to know?

Never mind I'm just rambling on again....

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:03 pm

I think I might go Catholic then.
I wouldn't recommend it.

You haven't read the memo about the guilt yet, have you?

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:06 pm

Ivy wrote:
I think I might go Catholic then.
I wouldn't recommend it.

You haven't read the memo about the guilt yet, have you?
I just did...and I changed my mind. That is what little is left with all I am handling right now!

California is looking more and more inviting by the second....if Sprint cuts me loose I'm tempted even though the job market sucks to make the move West.

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:20 pm

Not to mention the sexual repression.

JonoVision

Post by JonoVision » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:33 pm

I confess to: 1). pissing on the playa a few times and trying to justify it to myself by writing "Jono" in urine in the most artistic way I'm capable of 2). moving my bike without looking behind me and slamming it into some guy's shins 3). not going bareballs the whole burn 4). not getting laid or copping a feel or swapping spit or even wanking much the whole burn, despite a near-constant state of arousal 5). repeatedly saying "Hey, you" in a friendly tone to complete strangers, just to see them furrow their brows and try to recall meeting me 6). getting mildly frisky with someone who was clearly off-limits [thankfully without making her too uncomfortable] 7). bringing gift items that I thought were great but that hardly anybody wanted, and 8). becoming a couch-barnacle in Zane's camp when I should've been out traipsing around.

Oh, and 9). being likely to do all the above again next year.

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:05 pm

Ivy wrote:Not to mention the sexual repression.
I almost forgot about the sexual repression...and that means I automatically don't qualify...I couldn't handle that. Thanks for bringing me back to my senses.

telizas

Post by telizas » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:11 pm

Angelface, the Costco guy was a volunteer, wearing only a costco smock on Wed. He was a bookish sort of guy with a goatee and short brown hair, very Jewish-looking (?). Had glasses, wasn't the loud, boisterous type at all, but was extremely intuitive....

Ah well, off the playa, I'm attached, so, perhaps next year! :D
Well behaved women rarely make history.

JsS

Post by JsS » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:19 pm

Of course, there is a solution to all that guilt and oppression....which is one and the same as the solution to this riddle:

Today is there to trip you up and he will torture you tomorrow. yet he is also there to ease the pain, when you are lost in grief and sorrow.

hint: think *Irish* Catholic
Spitballs are not free speach

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:20 pm

Costco.....never did get to fill out the form and find a soulmate, but those Catholic school girl outfits they wore on the first night were cool!

Juju

Post by Juju » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:37 pm

telizas wrote: I confess that I lusted after my interviewer at Costco and I wish I would have made a move on him.I confess that, as a true BM virgin, I was too shy to go topless until Sat. night. But NO MORE! LOL!
I wanted to jump my Costco interviewer as well. :)

I confess to a pre-arranged sex-act on the playa. I watched a man jerk off in my shower, and I confess that I enjoyed it.
"doin' it for the midgets"

Kinetic

Post by Kinetic » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:42 pm

Do a Google search for "I like to watch" and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

Return to “Open Discussion”