LOST: All Ability To Reason And Decern Stupidity vs Apathy..

All things outside of Burning Man.
Rabbi Dali Rick

LOST: All Ability To Reason And Decern Stupidity vs Apathy..

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:26 am

I don't know why but this has recently become a problem. As I watch people go about their everyday lives, i am amazed that they get through the day. Everyone looks like they are on the verge of either breaking down into tears, or whipping out a 12 Gage and doing some Herd-thinning...

the rebbi

Isotopia

Re: LOST: All Ability To Reason And Decern Stupidity vs Apat

Post by Isotopia » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Have you even been to the playa since the cover of your 'poetry' book was shot down by Marian?

Just curious.

Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Post by Dr Helix » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Rabbi Dali Rick wrote:I don't know why but this has recently become a problem. As I watch people go about their everyday lives, i am amazed that they get through the day. Everyone looks like they are on the verge of either breaking down into tears, or whipping out a 12 Gage and doing some Herd-thinning...

the rebbi
You need some new glasses. Yours are too dark and must have narrow frames.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

Rabbi Dali Rick

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Yes, Iso, i have. Next stop, timeshift 2012, I shall be navigating my Aether-powered Aeroship at the next burn...

the rebbi

Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Post by Trishntek » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:08 am

Upon my return to defaultia, society does seem a bit more frenzied, a bit more callous, and a lot more panic driven. I could be wrong, but I believe you are right.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

Rabbi Dali Rick

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:52 am

As you may or may not know I shoot, and edit video, so my trained eye that constantly dissecting and watching everything around me, has given me a special insight when watching my surroundings and the people who inhabit it. I also have been lucky enough to live a quiet country life existence, that's keeps me separate but in constant contact with the default world. People in general have changed, it's been subtle but it has been constant and decernable to anyone caring to pay attention. I see more blatant dishonesty in the workplace, more personally motivated cost/rate fluctuations, angrier, snarkier responses to initial greetings, with the abundance of technology, and the Internet there is less need to unnessarlily interact with undesirables or people of lesser outwardly stature. Just saying, I noticed...

the rebbi

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 am

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that the ratio of stupid people to not-so-stupid people is exactly the same everywhere and anywhere you go, transcending setting, ethnicity, nationality, gender, and race. It's just feels amplified at the moment you're witnessing the stupidity.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Return to “Open Discussion”