My Burning Man Retrospective

All things outside of Burning Man.
playa hanjin

My Burning Man Retrospective

Post by playa hanjin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Hello all,

I've just finished writing up my thoughts on the last two Burns.

I know I'm a baby compared to some old timers here. . . but I've put a lot of effort into thinking and writing about the principles behind Burning Man, and I'd love some feedback.

The article is up on my blog, here: http://www.andrewrlong.com/journey-from ... ospective/

Be warned, it's a long one.

Comments on the page itself or in the thread below are welcome and appreciated.

Ataki
Burning Since: 2014

Re: My Burning Man Retrospective

Post by Ataki » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Awesome read, Thank you!
Praises be unto the blue wire, where forth all sarcasm may emit and to which may all sarcasm return... And though red wire be your brother in its eternal mockery, let us not forget that you two be different and unequal in your awesomeness.

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:45 am

Very well written and very well said!

Radical Self

Post by Radical Self » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:56 am

"The event has made it clear to me that our culture needs to rediscover the sacredness of life, and soon, if we are to emerge from our present crises into a more fulfilling future."

Truer words were never said! I really appreciated your writing. This was my first year and it was most definitely a rite of passage for me. I know exactly what you mean when you say that you fall back into the ways of the default world, but the ways of Burning Man are like whispering winds calling us back. I'm looking forward to next year. Hope to see you there.

And looking forward to reading more of your magnificent prose in the months to come.

Return to “Open Discussion”