Ron Paul - racist & a bad liar

All things outside of Burning Man.
ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Ron Paul - racist & a bad liar

Post by ygmir » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:29 pm

yeah, it's totally Barry's election to lose.

Sorry as that is, the reps. are not fielding anyone who can beat him.
And, with Hillary as V.P., she'll be strongly placed for the following election.
They're going to try for a "Reagan, Reagan, Bush" play...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:ahhh, webster tarpley....the man who wears a crown of tin foil thorns.

yes, webster, we know, the bilderbergers and the bushs rule the world while queen elizabeth deals drugs,,,

worse than david ickes in my book , and as far as perpetuating John Bircherisms. The tops...
True about the Birches, but Simon, if you can take off your "iron" hate hat for a minute, point out where Webster is wrong about Ron Paul, too much work for you?
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:47 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the fact that Ron Paul is "...a bad liar..." seems to me to be a good thing. What if he were a good liar like, oh I don't know, the current occupant of the White House?

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:10 pm

or how about no liars?
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:32 pm

We're talking about politicans. What planet are you from?

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Planet Rocky Anderson.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:01 pm

Doesn't it seem strange how little coverage the press is giving him, considering how high he is on most polls?

tattoogoddess
Burning Since: 2012

Post by tattoogoddess » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Voting for him in 7 hours. Oh how I love being a Iowan today!
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

neon tetra

Post by neon tetra » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:14 am

He'd be a horrible president, but I agree... the debates would be amazing.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/earthfragments2/bug.gif[/img]

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:16 am

tattoogoddess wrote:Voting for him in 7 hours. Oh how I love being a Iowan today!
Yeah, they guy who wants to banish the EPA (good bye clean air and water), have no restrictions on coal production or use, and close every military base overseas (incredibly bad idea). This guy doesn't scare the pants off of you?

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:46 am

I got no problem with ceasing "foreign entanglements" such as the wrongheaded Iraq war that got us in this debt crisis in the first place. Legalizing pot also would be great. And he stood up against imprisoning American citizens without charges, which will one day bite us all in the ass...

Of course, most of the other Libertarian ideas are not practical, but I applaud these issues being raised. Plus, he'd be sure to lose against our Commander in Chief, so I'd vote for Ron.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:44 am

There's a difference between easing entanglements and closing our bases. I do not get the impression this is the man ho knows the difference.
Of course, as ex-Navy, Navy raised and born, I tend to hold to the ideals of "Sea Power" and the new global force for good propaganda. We do make a difference overseas, and sometimes it is a very good thing, not always a horrible idea such as Iraq.
This argument is as old as America, of course. Shores of Tripoli and all that.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:54 am

Yeah, USNR, CARNG, et cetera, but that doesn't keep me from thinking for myself. :)
I think there's a point where we need to apply a cost-benefit analysis - more than a couple of lines in a marching song. If we are protecting the sea lanes, then there are a few shipping companies that need to pony up for our defense budget.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Yeah, USNR, CARNG, et cetera, but that doesn't keep me from thinking for myself. :)
I think there's a point where we need to apply a cost-benefit analysis - more than a couple of lines in a marching song. If we are protecting the sea lanes, then there are a few shipping companies that need to pony up for our defense budget.
Interesting idea. I like it, kinda.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:34 pm

AntiM wrote:
Ugly Dougly wrote:Yeah, USNR, CARNG, et cetera, but that doesn't keep me from thinking for myself. :)
I wonder how many of those shipping lines prefer to flag their ships from some third-world country because it's cheaper? You can charge those double...
I'd like to see our country go back to (if it ever, in fact, did) protecting human rights and human dignity, not the bottom line.

I know this is a very fuzzy and radical idea, and I don't expect it to happen. I'd just prefer it.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:45 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
AntiM wrote:
I wonder how many of those shipping lines prefer to flag their ships from some third-world country because it's cheaper? You can charge those double...
I'd like to see our country go back to (if it ever, in fact, did) protecting human rights and human dignity, not the bottom line.

I know this is a very fuzzy and radical idea, and I don't expect it to happen. I'd just prefer it.
the quagmire I can see with us protecting human rights, etc, is, well, some like the French, may point at us and invade.............

I like a radical approach, of not policing the world, and let 'em all see what happens, when we "withdraw" totally, from every where.
I know it won't, and even shouldn't happen, but, it'd be fun to see the world reaction, if they thought we would
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I think I was thinking more in "refugee" mode, rather than striding across the world and remaking it in our image. Sorry, Emma, we don't want any huddlers.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:07 pm

It's pretty arrogant to assume that we can stride into Afghanistan and make them all play nice. Dare I count the empires that have failed in this regard? Does nobody read their history? :roll:

And I am not too versed about this recent Iran debacle, but wouldn't they be slitting their own throats by blocking Hormuz?

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:

And I am not too versed about this recent Iran debacle, but wouldn't they be slitting their own throats by blocking Hormuz?
our media did not give the correct info to us.. Iran said it would close the waters if and embargo on there oil.. Which China and Russia will not honor.

We just got the sword rattle propaganda.. It makes better hate head line

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Hmmm, smoking conspiracy pipe... timed to coincide with the Iowa cockus. It's playing merry Hell with the Iranian economy just now, meaning someone is getting rich off it.
Okay, setting pipe down. :)

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Hmmm, smoking conspiracy pipe... timed to coincide with the Iowa cockus. It's playing merry Hell with the Iranian economy just now, meaning someone is getting rich off it.
Okay, setting pipe down. :)
Anyone with a half a brain knows Iran stopped it's war nuke program in 2006.
Israel keeps beating the war drums.. So our propaganda machine has to keep it up.. Just in case Israel starts shit and leaves us with the hot potato.

tattoogoddess
Burning Since: 2012

Post by tattoogoddess » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 am

AntiM wrote:
tattoogoddess wrote:Voting for him in 7 hours. Oh how I love being a Iowan today!
Yeah, they guy who wants to banish the EPA (good bye clean air and water), have no restrictions on coal production or use, and close every military base overseas (incredibly bad idea). This guy doesn't scare the pants off of you?

Why the hell do we need bases in Germany,Italy or Bulgaria? Are we going to go to war and take their sausage,cheese and whatever Bulgaria is famous for? Hell no. It is a waste of money to have these bases. Do they have bases here... nope. I am all for closing these bases that serve little to no use.

And nope does not scare me one bit. Guy who plays with dead baby and guy who can't take care of his daughter... those people scare me.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 am

Our German base houses the largest US medical facility overseas. This is where every American service member wounded or ill in that hemisphere is sent, yes, even the ones from our ill considered wars in the Middle East. Even my mother, as the wife of a retiree, was sent there from Saudi Arabia when she went into a diabetic coma. Saved her life. Civilian care there would not be feasible or as efficient.

The Italian bases are where our forward deployed Naval ships are stationed, and we have a huge air base in Europe. We have shut down bases left and right overseas, returning the land to the host countries. I saw it first hand in Japan, bases I had worked at. The Cold War is over, but America is still a huge player in the global scene, and to think we can sit behind our borders and ignore the world is naive. It was naive in 1812.

The role of America in the world may need to be be redefined, but that role still includes the military, and our military can't operate without forward support bases.

Sausages, my ass.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:52 am

AntiM wrote:Our German base houses the largest US medical facility overseas. This is where every American service member wounded or ill in that hemisphere is sent, yes, even the ones from our ill considered wars in the Middle East. Even my mother, as the wife of a retiree, was sent there from Saudi Arabia when she went into a diabetic coma. Saved her life. Civilian care there would not be feasible or as efficient.

The Italian bases are where our forward deployed Naval ships are stationed, and we have a huge air base in Europe. We have shut down bases left and right overseas, returning the land to the host countries. I saw it first hand in Japan, bases I had worked at. The Cold War is over, but America is still a huge player in the global scene, and to think we can sit behind our borders and ignore the world is naive. It was naive in 1812.

The role of America in the world may need to be be redefined, but that role still includes the military, and our military can't operate without forward support bases.

Sausages, my ass.
*nodding*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:16 am

Of course, I've voting for Obama, so I don't truly care who the loser will be.

Huntsman may not win the nomination, but he's a man with a lot of personal integrity.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 am

Oh, and the whole "playing with the dead baby" thing... people grieve and deal with such losses in very individual and personal ways. It is none of my fucking business how that family handled their grief.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:32 am

"dead baby thing"?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 am

ygmir wrote:"dead baby thing"?

Google it.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:32 am

thanks........yikes,. wow, egad.............thanks........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:29 am

AntiM wrote:Of course, I've voting for Obama, so I don't truly care who the loser will be.

Huntsman may not win the nomination, but he's a man with a lot of personal integrity.
Unfortunately, Huntsman won't win the nomination. But he is hands down the best candidate in the Republican field and could restore honor back to the Republican Party. I think he'd stand the best chance of beating Obama in a National race too.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “Open Discussion”