The Bar, Volume #4

All things outside of Burning Man.
tinymystic
Burning Since: 2013

Re: The Bar, Volume #4

Post by tinymystic » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:12 am

Elorrum wrote:Have you ever seen the clip of a room full of mousetraps all carefully set with ping pong balls? Then they throw one ping pong ball down onto the mousetraps?
Office Prank

[media]
'no day like today"
~ tinymystic

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:11 am

*wanders in, starts ECM, makes CCCCCN*

haha, what a prank TM! who'd take the time? but still.

it was nice to see De Mule pop in the other day. dang, those were some fun times when Da Mule appeared.

I'm hoping to head to big box stores this week, to stock up for winter.
Havin a kid in college, has brought on budgetary challenges. dang.
I'm lucky to have 4 years worth of propane stored already, and maybe 6 of oak firewood. if only my solar electric thing would have worked.

*heads for ROS*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:23 am

Good Morning All !

So Yggy , since you are heading out for shopping , maybe check out the Thursday "fog" docu
and all weekend of "hardly, strictly bluegrass"
anyone else coming for that ?

Chilly morning but perfect of course.
xoA.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:29 am

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Yggy, yeah, we keep a stocked pantry and freezer, although storing fuel is problematic in the suburbs, we have plenty of firewood stashed around the garage.

They closed the base commissary for the shut down, the friggin' COMMISSARY. Traditionally, a hands off benefit of the military. I'm furious. Glad we did a stock up before Larry hit the road.

Best office prank we ever pulled was filling the chief's desk drawers with chad. A classic Navy prank, but now there are no more teletypes, boo. Larry said on the ship they still used pneumatic tubes. Those were terrific for "chad bombs". I suspect those tubes are long gone too.

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 am

Morning all. Not sure what I got, but my fever is over and done with and I'm back at the office. I still can't be more than two minutes from a toilet though.

Never did a good office prank, but we did an escalating series of dorm pranks in college. Started with TPing a roommate's desk and ended with a bedroom filled to the ceiling with wadded up newspaper.
Sic Semper Spectatores

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 am

Back when Ogden City did leaf pick up, we liberated bags of leaves off the curb, then filled a teacher's car to the top with loose leaves through the sun roof.

My favorite was convincing a kid to streak, then taking off with his clothes. Oh, we went back for him, but at the time, it was funny as hell. Poor guy.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:50 am

I did bring those GIANT blow-up lawn creatures to work and fill the office managers space with them. 10 foot high, nylon covered Halloween creatures crammed under an 8 foot ceiling. Blocking the use of desk, fax, files, computer, printer.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:54 am

AntiM wrote:Back when Ogden City did leaf pick up, we liberated bags of leaves off the curb, then filled a teacher's car to the top with loose leaves through the sun roof.

My favorite was convincing a kid to streak, then taking off with his clothes. Oh, we went back for him, but at the time, it was funny as hell. Poor guy.
though I love you, AntiM, remind me never to get in a pissing contest with you.............hahaha that was cold!!

we let a 30 gallon sack of ladybugs loose in the highschool office.........
then padlocked a whole wing of the school shut just as the bell rang to end the day at finals.

it only got worse.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:02 am

we let a dozen chickens loose in the hallways of the high school.

it took hours to catch them all...
Frida Be You & Me

TinkerMom
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity @ 404 Not Found

Post by TinkerMom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 am

I have:
Super glued all the door locks on senior prank day....
Filled my stock receivers office with dog food, cuz he wouldn't stop ordering it.....
Filled another boss' office with baloons.....
Filled a cubicle of a coworkers with packing peanuts....
Entirely shrink wrapped a truck......

Oh, I could go on.......
....the password is pineapple.........

Just throw it on the fire! It will kill it or cure it!!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 am

TinkerMom wrote: Filled a cubicle of a coworkers with packing peanuts...
I have done this as well!

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:39 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:we let a dozen chickens loose in the hallways of the high school.

The one I always heard about was tagging 3 chickens (or ducks) with labels reading ( Chicken #1, #2 and #4) leaving the staff to search for #3.
Sic Semper Spectatores

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 am

VultureChow wrote:
Simon of the Playa wrote:we let a dozen chickens loose in the hallways of the high school.

The one I always heard about was tagging 3 chickens (or ducks) with labels reading ( Chicken #1, #2 and #4) leaving the staff to search for #3.
haha 1,2,4.........brilliant!!!

the lady bug thing was great, because each night, for weeks, they'd group when the building cooled, then, start to swarm and fly when staff came and turned on the heaters.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:45 am

I never did any pranks. It didn't occur to me. And I always worried about hurt feelings.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 am

theCryptofishist wrote:I never did any pranks. It didn't occur to me. And I always worried about hurt feelings.
:roll:

Gonzo Frothwood

Post by Gonzo Frothwood » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Prank. 4 friends and I picked up the teachers' MG midget and placed it between two metal posts on top of a large concrete bench after school hours.
"There is nothing so over-estimated as a piece of ass, and nothing so under-estimated as a good and greasy shit." Boneman Johnson

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:08 pm

but not all of them involve heavy equipment.

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Jello in toilet bowl, plastic wrap over bowl under seat, vaseline under door knob . Triple threat ! :twisted:
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:55 pm

ygmir wrote:
then padlocked a whole wing of the school shut just as the bell rang to end the day at finals.

I'll bet that was fun!

Once I was hunting around a farm in Kentucky where the farmer had just let out what was probably about 30 gallons of ladybugs the night before. As the morning got warmer they started taking to the air and flying everywhere. It was quite a fun sight to see. As I was standing there just enjoying it all. I saw two hunters come running wildly through the field toward me. I could tell they were scared because they were looking around and one of them kept waving his rifle around every time they stopped to catch their breaths. They stopped to catch their breaths again when they got to where I was and the one who was not waving his rifle around said that I better run too because everything was crazy and "we are being attacked by some kind of weird alien bugs" I tried to explain that they were only ladybugs and that farmers released them to get the bugs that ate their crops, but they would have none of it. As soon as they had partially caught their breaths they took off again. A few minutes later I saw a pickup truck going like a bat out of hell for the highway.

True story. I wonder what those guys do whenever they find a ladybug inside of their house now.
Last edited by Box Burner on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

MikeGyver
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Post by MikeGyver » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Not quite the same type of prank but a friend and I in highschool both drove bugs every once in a while one of us would fuck with the other ones bug so it wouldn't start.

It started off as harmless pulling of the coil wire every once in a while and that went back and forth for about a month before we started getting creative. Pulling the starter, disconnecting the fuel pump, stuff like that. Sure got us used to figuring out why our bugs wouldn't start.

A few of the pranks said here were done by other people. Glue in the locks. Chickens 1,2 and 4. Teachers car moved between poles. One I always wanted to do was change EAGLES to BAGLES since we were the eagles. But when I heard it was done a couple years before I got there I didn't want to copy someone else's prank.

One of the better ones was a group put all the lunch tables on top of the cafeteria (outdoor school)
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Box Burner wrote:
ygmir wrote:

I'll bet that was fun!

Once I was hunting around a farm in Kentucky where the farmer had just let out what was probably about 30 gallons of ladybugs the night before. As the morning got warmer they started taking to the air and flying everywhere. It was quite a fun sight to see. As I was standing there just enjoying it all. I saw two hunters come running wildly through the field toward me. I could tell they were scared because they were looking around and one of them kept waving his rifle around every time they stopped to catch their breaths. They stopped to catch their breaths again when they got to where I was and the one who was not waving his rifle around said that I better run too because everything was crazy and "we are being attacked by some kind of weird alien bugs" I tried to explain that they were only ladybugs and that farmers released them to get the bugs that ate their crops, but they would have none of it. As soon as they had partially caught their breaths they took off again. A few minutes later I saw a pickup truck going like a bat out of hell for the highway.

True story. I wonder what those guys do whenever they find a ladybug inside of their house now.
Lady bugs have good grip when they land.. I had to learn not to swat.. I grow decorative cabbage between the roses the attract lady bugs..

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:31 pm

In some commissaries, they sell buckets of pork blood, frozen. I think the Philippino ladies make sausage with it. I can neither confirm nor deny that someone bought one of those buckets, removed the frozen block of blood from the bucket, then placed the block of blood in an empty locker at the high school one afternoon after class had let out.

was forced to go on a church youth thing one summer at Utah State. Hey, the suite of dorm rooms had a kitchen! Stole everyone's bras, including my own, put them into red solo cups I found in the cupboard, filled them with water and crammed them all in the freezer.

Nair rubbed into the crotch of the tighty whities of the guy who kept taking my wet clothes out of the dryer in the barracks laundry room so he could put his clothes in.

Mostly I got my friends to do "funny" shit. They excelled at getting caught, I excelled at being home, visibly doing homework or chores at the time.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Whiskers from an electric razor in tighty whites is mean, BUT...

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:43 pm

goathead wrote:Image

but not all of them involve heavy equipment.
didn't that guy just go and buy a new truck?
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Had a literature teacher who was a bona fide jerk. He would position himself at the classroom door right as the tardy bell rang and would SLAM it closed. If you weren't in the classroom, the "BANG" of the steel door, in the steel frame, set into the concrete walls, told you not to bother trying to get into class that day. One day he nearly slammed it in my face. Not good.

So we set to make this right. We liberated a box of CCI rifle primers and some amazingly sticky clear tape. We pre-constructed an 8 foot length of tape with a primer set every inch. It got quickly applied it to the door jamb while the teacher was in the bathroom between classes.

So. The bell rang. The door slammed. And the door opened again with a deafening ROAR!.

They never caught us. :twisted: And that fooking door never slammed again. :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:59 pm

I still have published books on my bookshelf with some of AntiM's pranks enshrined in their pages...... Don't mess with a pro!!
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.

TinkerMom

Post by TinkerMom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:10 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:Had a literature teacher who was a bona fide jerk. He would position himself at the classroom door right as the tardy bell rang and would SLAM it closed. If you weren't in the classroom, the "BANG" of the steel door, in the steel frame, set into the concrete walls, told you not to bother trying to get into class that day. One day he nearly slammed it in my face. Not good.

So we set to make this right. We liberated a box of CCI rifle primers and some amazingly sticky clear tape. We pre-constructed an 8 foot length of tape with a primer set every inch. It got quickly applied it to the door jamb while the teacher was in the bathroom between classes.

So. The bell rang. The door slammed. And the door opened again with a deafening ROAR!.

They never caught us. :twisted: And that fooking door never slammed again. :mrgreen:
WINNER!!!!!!

Now why didn't this redneck think of that?

Martiansky
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I hate to use the S word but is anyone getting any SNOW already?

Eeeessshhh!!
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

TinkerMom

Post by TinkerMom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 pm

We had a small flurry last weekend.

Martiansky
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Hey there, Tinkermom!

I was just watching the weather since its raining here and they already have a named winter storm.
I think somewhere in wy.
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

Return to “Open Discussion”