The Bar, Volume #4

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: The Bar, Volume #4

Postby delle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:51 pm

"BE THE STRANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD" which has hung around my husband's neck since 2011 has now been sistered with this year's "REASONABLY GOOD CHANCE OF SURVIVAL"

My own "DON'T PANIC" of '11 has had an addendum of "WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG" this year.

:lol:
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein
delle

Postby magicmarty » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Finally getting back a bit of equilibrium. So good to see so many of you here. ((((MDF)))) what a special lady, ((((Delle))))) more than a bundle of energy. dang this is dangerous. So many wonderful peeps and so weak a recall to name you all. Great M&G, best evah! Not too early to start planning for 2014. Starting to work on a small personal art car.

MDW (My Dear Wife) turns 80 this weekend Amazing lady ... played tennis singles against a woman half her age on Thursday and felt bad that she only won 4 games! She is the reason that I can enjoy my Burning Man experience the way that I do. We both subscribe to the thought that we "Bask in the joy of each other's joy." Very fortunate if you have that in your life. Took us both a long time for that to be.

Tour Guiding was a real treat this year with some of the very best art that I have seen on the Playa. Plan to do more of that next year. Great group of folks in the ARTery and in the Art Tours gang. We meet almost all year round and so have become a family. Had a wonderful story teller drop in on our Camp Althing who regaled us with wonderful, spellbinding stories one afternoon. On another day and beautiful young woman asked if she could play the violin for us. The wondrous serendipity of the Playa. Dang, I really miss it already. How many days till the man burns?

And of course, (((LF)))
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Hushville - Althing

Postby lucky420 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:11 pm

[quote="magicmarty"]Finally getting back a bit of equilibrium. So good to see so many of you here. ((((MDF)))) what a special lady, ((((Delle))))) more than a bundle of energy. dang this is dangerous. So many wonderful peeps and so weak a recall to name you all. Great M&G, best evah! Not too early to start planning for 2014. Starting to work on a small personal art car.

MDW (My Dear Wife) turns 80 this weekend Amazing lady ... played tennis singles against a woman half her age on Thursday and felt bad that she only won 4 games! She is the reason that I can enjoy my Burning Man experience the way that I do. We both subscribe to the thought that we "Bask in the joy of each other's joy." Very fortunate if you have that in your life. Took us both a long time for that to be.

Tour Guiding was a real treat this year with some of the very best art that I have seen on the Playa. Plan to do more of that next year. Great group of folks in the ARTery and in the Art Tours gang. We meet almost all year round and so have become a family. Had a wonderful story teller drop in on our Camp Althing who regaled us with wonderful, spellbinding stories one afternoon. On another day and beautiful young woman asked if she could play the violin for us. The wondrous serendipity of the Playa. Dang, I really miss it already. How many days till the man burns?

And of course, (((LF)))[/quot

Aww what a lucky man you are Marty and I've got to say she is pretty lucky too...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby magicmarty » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks, (((((Lucky)))))
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Camp Name: Hushville - Althing

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Ratty wrote:It you see that art car with bras hanging on it, give them the finger. They TOOK my bra offa me and then 'had to go'. It was the last bar of the night and I didn't know they were mobil. I was left on J or K street to crawl back to my beddy. It was Molly something.

You wear a bra in BRC? I should have taken it from you myself! (in a non-forceful cooperative way of course)
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby trilobyte » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks guys. It was a hard year, but a good one. I hardly got to see/meet/visit anything it seems, but I also got to see some amazing stuff, meet and connect and spend time with truly exceptional people, and somehow managed to survive it all.

C.f.M. - glad you like the tags :) I didn't do dogtags in 2012. I laser-cut a pendant from sheets of acrylic in 3 colors to make a pendant last year (black, red, and a translucent fluorescent green). Those were a pain in the butt to make, and then when we got to the playa realized that the environment affected the acrylic and made them more brittle, so I stopped offering them out by mid-week (I didn't want to add to anyone's MOOP). I have a few of those hanging around still (PM me if you'd like one).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Mohairs » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:18 pm

gyre wrote:Morning, Mo!

Sorry I missed you....
Mohairs

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Hushville

Postby gyre » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Me too.
I missed everybody!
gyre

Postby LeChatNoir » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Me too! Me too!

Glad to hear so many good tales from this year. (Like the new avatar trilo)

And I'm really enjoying the photo that are floating about the various inter web spots too.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby LeChatNoir » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:01 pm

(Makes pancakes and link sausages for any late arrivals)
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby tattoogoddess » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:27 am

My boss stared me down tonight and gave me the stern boss look and said, you and I are going on vacation together, we are going to eat a tin of food, be drunk and wear are swim suits and not give a shit. I'm serious Danielle.

We had kinda joked around with the idea of doing a cruise or an all inclusive before, but she is for real now. She needs some girl time, I can't blame her. I need some to. Me and my boss share just about everything. I have been there scenes the pub opened. So we have a bond not like the other employees.

So question one... Is this weird? My boss and I going on vacation together? I mean we do thanksgiving together, I was part of her wedding (hair, makeup and helped with some planning) I've spent the night at her house many times. I just consider her a friend.

Two. Where should we go!! Caribbean? Jamaica? Mexico? All inclusive required. We have called this the "tour de fat" lol so free food. Hush, don't judge me! Lol

Oh and found out the new employee they hired..... Burner. Fuck how many of us are there in Iowa!!??
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012

Postby goathead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:55 am

Sounds like a girl time.

We just burn shit, blow stuff up, and drink a lot.

:twisted:
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Burning Since: 1999

Postby goathead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:11 am

ygmir wrote:*wanders in, makes CCCB*
HI GH!! dang good to see a little more of you here lately.
Hi MDF!!

well, here's lookin at ya!

*Heads for ROS*

Got to enjoy it while I can. Shit's going to get intense again in about a year.
LMAO, trying to live on regular paychecks right now suck, dam I like being home and having a schedule right now though, even if it is a little fucked up.

:D

If it's outlawed in California, it must be fun.

Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby C.f.M. » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:30 am

I feel 20 again, getting home post-dawn. Of course, I wouldn't have had all this fancy internet back then, and all this wonderful internet-related friends. Breakfast in bed for everyone.

C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby delle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:36 am

magicmarty wrote:((((Delle))))) ... dangerous.

((((Marty)))) How lovely to see you again!!! ALWAYS a treat!!!

I wanted to let you know that the day spent walking off my "ANAL" stencil was one of my favorites.

What's good to note tho is that eventually that the bulk of the paint ends up concentrated in your butt crack, turns from purple to a sickly brown with time and just looks like a horrible embarrassment.

Fortunately or unfortunately I did not discover this until I got in front of an actual mirror after the event.

This may or may not explain some of the vaguely horrified looks I got as I flashed my predicament around.

Live and learn I guess.

Shel Silverstein
delle

Postby goathead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:27 am

That explains the mystery stain on that chair....

:shock:

Just kidding.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
FREE THE SHERPAS
goathead

Postby delle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah. I'm a leave no trace kinda gal.

Shel Silverstein
delle

Postby AntiM » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:47 am

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Morning all. Breakfast in bed, indeed. Although if I wake Larry up, he'll want breakfast.

We've had to burn "that" camp chair. Everyone has, yeah?

TTG, destination of an all inclusive cruise doesn't matter much. The quality of the ship matters, and whether or not is is infested with small children. We did three days all inclusive (of a week long vacation) at a resort in Cancun. The waiter brought us our drinks, plus munchies by the pool all afternoon. As in, here's your drinks, plus would you like these margaritas and shots of tequila I happen to have on my tray? Sure? Okay! I'm still wrecked. But personally, I won't go on one of the new super cruise ships, they look like top-heavy monstrosities. We went to Hawaii back when Matson had luxury cruisers in the 60s. Dinner was formal, and the menu in French. Good food forever, all the time, all inclusive before the term was popular, when a cruiseliner was still considered first class transportation. The Navy sent my dad, and they used to have the "surface" option of travel. Wowza. Nope, now days I prefer a shore based monstrosity such as a resort.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby delle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 am

AntiM wrote:infested with small children.

Blech. Def something to keep in mind!!!

The only cruise I'd ever consider is this one: http://www.jamcruise.com/

A definite bonus is that your PlayaWear would fit right in!!!

Shel Silverstein
delle

Postby ygmir » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:56 am

*wanders in, makes CCCW*
HI gang!
Headin up to Piney's in a little while for the air races/decom/campout soiree.

*pushes tv clicker, heads for ROS*

[media]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:57 am

I love you people!!! 8)

Am about to head out to visit my poor demented mother. Please send your best wishes. I cling to the advice given to Citizens by the Night Vale Sheriff's Secret Police:

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."

8)

((((((Hugs)))))) to all.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby graidawg » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:00 am

*sigh* london is cold and wet.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Postby ygmir » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:17 am

I hope it can be the best possible, MDF..........good on ya for hangin in.

Hey GD! your statement brings to mind a tune:
[media]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ratty » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:31 am

Eplaya in the park at the SF Decom. 3pm I'll be there. I hope we get to 'greet' again this year. It was fun last year with Uncle Ira and Teal. I have to come!! There's no other use for all my leftover swag. 2013 ain't commin back. I even need to get rid of the rest of those M&G nametags. Anybody here named Douche?
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG
Ratty

Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Sporks are For Pussys

Postby Elliot » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 am

delle wrote:
AntiM wrote:infested with small children.

Blech. Def something to keep in mind!!!

Somebody in BRC gave me a bumper sticker that reads:

"You can have Burning Man or you can have kids. You cannot have both."

It even has a picture of a bawling baby.
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar Noon-6 daily in the 4:30 Plaza

------Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!------

Thanks for a fabulous 2015! We will definitely do this again.

Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

Postby Elorrum » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 am

O.K. time for me to buckle down and embrace the other 51 weeks. Rounding down to 50 or 49 is accepted. The two or three weeks after are recovery. so, let's say, 47 to be certain. Next Friday is the SF Academy of Science adult sleepover. You can spend the night in the Aquarium, African Hall, or Lower Swamp (?I'll have to see what this is in any case.) I'm hoping to have a good time, solo bad-ass stylee, if necessary. Using burst-into-flames rule for transit. Meaning I must get in the car, get on the highway, get there, and I may turn back if I burst into flames. A good rule for those feeling insecure about social events, who have no accountability to companions. It hasn't happened yet, and I always do have a good time. We get to wear silly pajamas and outfits, so I think I can rustle something up, at least a hat. I remember the old trick to whiten gym sneakers with white shoe paint. I think I'll try it on my pith helmet, and put a new fiber optic plume in it.

Grai, and MDF... big hugs, keep at it.
Hell is only half full. There's room for you and me. Looking for a new fool. Who's it going to be? - Warren Zevon
Elorrum

Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket (BDV)

Postby delle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:12 am

Ratty wrote:Eplaya in the park at the SF Decom. 3pm I'll be there. I hope we get to 'greet' again this year. It was fun last year with Uncle Ira and Teal. I have to come!! There's no other use for all my leftover swag. 2013 ain't commin back. I even need to get rid of the rest of those M&G nametags. Anybody here named Douche?

Ken has deemed his "Douche" tag one of his Most Precious Things. That along with the time speaking with you, which he recalls most fondly.

Unfortunately I -- probably the most in need of one there as I CRASHED the Party -- forgot to pick one up.

At least I made it home with All My Shit. Even tho it was found on the ground outside the tent the next day perfectly laid out on the ground like an accident silhouette (which it most definitely was). I don't believe I've ever driven my bike with such concentration before!!! Ken, following as the near-sober spotter, was quite impressed with my focus at least.

We laughed heartily later in the day when we realized that I'd uprooted every single guyline on that side of the tent with my return. Hence the not-so-delicate landing.

Shel Silverstein
delle

Postby delle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 am

MyDearFriend wrote:I love you people!!! 8)

Am about to head out to visit my poor demented mother. Please send your best wishes. I cling to the advice given to Citizens by the Night Vale Sheriff's Secret Police:

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."

8)

((((((Hugs)))))) to all.

((((MDF))))

Shel Silverstein
delle

Postby Patsh » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 am

Gotta admit though, Delle, that was funny... :lol: :mrgreen:

eta: (your landing)
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
Patsh

Postby delle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:28 am

It really was.

Always a good sign when you can't get up because you're laughing too hard rather than because you're broken.

Shel Silverstein
delle

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion