Re: "It's news to me!"

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: "It's news to me!"

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:47 am

Despite the growing crisis in the administration, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is still trying to get Barrett confirmed before the election, even if nothing else gets done. He has announced the Senate will not conduct business again until October 19, meaning it cannot take up the coronavirus bill the House just passed. Nonetheless, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has announced that the Senate Judiciary Committee will meet to consider Barrett’s nomination, despite the fact that two members of the committee are infected with coronavirus. Those two say they will quarantine for just ten days so they can emerge in time for Barrett’s confirmation hearings beginning on October 12.

And while we are watching coronavirus infect the president and those around him, it also continues to spread around the rest of the country. The United States as a whole on Friday saw the highest count of new cases since August: 54,411. Deaths are down, but still 906 Americans died on Friday from Covid-19.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... ber-3-2020
Frida Be You & Me

Return to “Open Discussion”