https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... r-salaries
Frida Be You & Me

Sham

Re: "It's news to me!"

Post by Sham » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:08 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:45 am
FREE REV. BILLY

The Rev camped with us at Burning Man a few years back. He is one funny SOB and even funnier when he's drunk. 8)

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:23 am

Trump orders DOD watchdog sidelined.. Glenn Fine will no longer serve as the Defense Department's acting inspector general and will no longer chair the committee charged with overseeing the $2 trillion coronavirus rescue package Congress has passed, Inside Defense has learned. Fine, who has been acting DOD IG since 2016, will revert to his position as principal deputy inspector general, while Sean W. O'Donnell, the Environmental Protection Agency's inspector general, will serve as the Acting DOD IG in addition to his current duties at EPA. Fine will no longer serve as head of the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee, a position he was tapped for March 30. Meanwhile, President Trump last week nominated Jason Abend, who currently serves as senior policy advisor at United States Customs and Border Protection, to be the new DOD IG. The DOD inspector general's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment. This is a developing story.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:00 pm

But hey how about them stocks...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:55 am

9000B72F-A042-46ED-B236-5C45612F6BCD.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:06 am

What a lil bitch. If you don’t see the lil bitch, you’re a lil bitch too
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Post by Miura-7 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 am

You are such a Brat! You make me laugh😆! I wish you could beam yourself up, long enough to smack him in the back of the head, every time Trump contradicts himself.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm

Miura-7 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 am
You are such a Brat! You make me laugh😆! I wish you could beam yourself up, long enough to smack him in the back of the head, every time Trump contradicts himself.
Thank you :lol: that power would be so awesome :coffee:

I’m usually a super nice person but I don’t mince words
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:40 pm

lucky420 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm
Miura-7 wrote:

Hey! I figured out what the " button is. Now what does the ! button do? PS. Being genuine, pretty much tells everybody, you have a heart. That's what super nice people have. Sorry for the cheesiness, I'm from cheddarville.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:04 am

Hover over buttons and the tool tip will tell you. Or just click it and see what it does.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:07 am

Miura-7 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:40 pm
lucky420 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm
Miura-7 wrote:

Hey! I figured out what the " button is. Now what does the ! button do? PS. Being genuine, pretty much tells everybody, you have a heart. That's what super nice people have. Sorry for the cheesiness, I'm from cheddarville.
Cheese is delicious
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:34 pm

Surpised this isn't from The Onion...

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez freaked out after discovering the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink of her new Washington, DC apartment.
"There is a monster living in my sink," the Bronx, New York native said in an Instagram story. "It scared the daylights out of me."
Ocasio-Cortez explained she had never encountered a garbage disposal before, perhaps because the devices are rare in her home city, where they were banned in residences before 1997.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is still adjusting to life in Washington, DC.

On Monday, she informed her 3.3 million followers on Instagram that she didn't know why flipping a switch near the kitchen sink in her "bougie" new apartment provoked a loud crunching sound to come out of the drain.

"There is a monster living in my sink," she said in an Instagram story, flipping the switch. "It made that noise and it scared the daylights out of me."

After her followers presumably informed the congresswoman that the noise-making device was a garbage disposal, Ocasio-Cortez explained that she's never seen one before.

"I am told this is a garbage disposal," the Bronx, New York native went on. "I've never seen a garbage disposal, I've never had one in any place I've ever lived. It is terrifying — I don't know what to use it for or what its purpose is. Is this environmentally sound?"

"They were illegal in NYC for a long time and never really became a thing after the ban was lifted," the freshman Democratic lawmaker tweeted Tuesday night. "

New York City banned garbage disposals in residential kitchens until 1997, and they remain rare in the city.

"Is this what social mobility is?" the congresswoman asked.

After determining there might be a piece of glass in her disposal, she decided to either call her landlord or "never turn this switch on again."

On Tuesday night, Ocasio-Cortez followed-up on her garbage disposal saga, saying on Instagram that she unplugged the disposal and didn't find anything inside.

https://www.businessinsider.com/alexand ... sal-2019-5
Consciousness contains all Multiverse
The Singularity cannot be hacked
The Divine Programmer manifests Love
Phenomena radiates it back
With Immaculate power and humble Grace
We Burn down Samsara
At Home, this must be the Place

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:17 pm

sadly, she's comedic gold!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:01 pm

This is completely tongue in cheek. :roll:
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:48 am

Savannah wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:01 pm
This is completely tongue in cheek. :roll:
and yet, completely believable...
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:03 am

only if you’re an idiot troll.

hence, the source.
Frida Be You & Me

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm

In professional wrestling, of which I am a fan (which means that I am capable of suspending my disbelief to simply sit back and enjoy the show) occasionally I wish that what occurred in the ring was a "shoot" (actually happened) or was a "work" (fictitious occurrence). Sometimes even the line is blurred or right on the edge, sometimes not.

One attention-getting stunt that occurred in the WWE that I wish had actually happened was this one, which was most unfortunately a "work" and not a "shoot":

This occurred at Wrestlemania 23. 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin messed up, as it wasn't done for real.

Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:50 pm

The article about AOC is legit... it's not fake news slander... it's slightly amusing but it's true...

If it was Trump who was baffled by a garbage disposal, people would have a field day making fun of him...

But since it's about a member of the mighty Blue team, it must be tongue in cheek slander and only an idiot would believe it...

So sad how twisted people's minds get over this Red vs. Blue bullshit politics... just accept the humor in it... you look more foolish tying to slander the messenger instead of just laughing about her humorous reaction to a garbage disposal which I'm sure she found funny too.
Consciousness contains all Multiverse
The Singularity cannot be hacked
The Divine Programmer manifests Love
Phenomena radiates it back
With Immaculate power and humble Grace
We Burn down Samsara
At Home, this must be the Place

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:04 am

Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:25 am

Americans are stupid
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:42 am

I wish I could move to Sweden.........................today...........

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:09 am

They have obviously run out of body bags and space, with the heavy black bags being replaced with very thin white ones. Some are barely in the bags because they have ripped so many times. Almost all of the remains still have their tubes in them, especially the ventilator connections. Most of the index fingers clearly read “Covidean”.

https://gothamist.com/news/dispatch-mor ... -covid-nyc
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:25 am

“Greater exposure to Hannity relative to Tucker Carlson Tonight leads to a greater number of COVID-19 cases and deaths,” they write. “A one-standard deviation increase in relative viewership of Hannity relative to Carlson is associated with approximately 30 percent more COVID-19 cases on March 14, and 21 percent more COVID-19 deaths on March 28.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... tion-death
Frida Be You & Me

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:53 am

Thinning out the Trump base on the daily!!!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:38 am

Miura-7 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:42 am
Assuming you're thinking of Covid-19: Sweden's response to the virus outbreak is now regarded as, and is given as an example of, a failure. As of yesterday's numbers:
  • USA: 144 Deaths per one million of population
  • Sweden: 192 Deaths per one million of population
But U.S. Deaths are over 47,000, when it should have been under 1,000 - had testing not been prohibited so numbers were low enough that tracking contacts for testing & isolation was feasible. Like if the man in Washington State had been testing then isolated, rather than go on the cruise off the west coast... Infection chains grow fast and long, with deaths and long or rest-of-life health impacts. And we have no idea of the one, two or five year morbidity rates for those Recovered. Single digit? Double digit?

In some countries, if someone who has tested Positive doesn't follow quarantine, they're charged with attempted murder. I wonder if we'll see people who didn't follow distancing or quarantine charged with manslaughter or murder for the deaths downstream in the infection chain they needlessly caused. Of if they'll get sued for the heath care costs, for Covid hospitalization & treatments and for life long consequences, and for loss of income, enjoyment of life, etc..
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:08 am

Canoe wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:38 am
Miura-7 wrote:
Assuming you're thinking of Covid-19: Sweden's response to the virus outbreak is now regarded as, and is given as an example of, a failure. As of yesterday's numbers:
But U.S. Deaths are over 47,000, when it should have been under 1,000 - had testing not been prohibited so numbers were low enough that tracking contacts for testing & isolation was feasible. Like if the man in Washington State had been testing then isolated, rather than go on the cruise off the west coast... Infection chains grow fast and long, with deaths and long or rest-of-life health impacts. And we have no idea of the one, two or five year morbidity rates for those Recovered. Single digit? Double digit?

In some countries, if someone who has tested Positive doesn't follow quarantine, they're charged with attempted murder. I wonder if we'll see people who didn't follow distancing or quarantine charged with manslaughter or murder for the deaths downstream in the infection chain they needlessly caused. Of if they'll get sued for the heath care costs, for Covid hospitalization & treatments and for life long consequences, and for loss of income, enjoyment of life, etc..
I knew that was coming, however ??? Nevermind, it's pointless to explain.

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:39 am

Miura-7 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:08 am
Canoe wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:38 am
Miura-7 wrote:

I knew that was coming, however ??? Nevermind, it's pointless to explain.
Explained, "Linkin Park-In The End (Mellen Go & Tommee Profitt Remix) Suduaya-Patience & Snow and Stars. I didn't cause this pandemic, I just deal with it the best way I know how. That's my fuckin life since I was born.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:44 pm

In what could amount to a stunning about-face for the Pentagon, congressional sources have confirmed to NPR that top Navy leaders have recommended that Capt. Brett Crozier be put back in command of the coronavirus-plagued aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt.

https://apple.news/ANrpR52xgR6GCTeCvBhZbyw
Frida Be You & Me

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:27 am

South Carolina is not open for business. Unlike Georgia Governor Henry McMaster errs on the side of caution. Cases per capita 107/3 compared to twice that in Georgia. So when I'm not delivering or cooking, in the restaurant I work at, I'll continue to sanitize and repair. Saturday I was scraping chewing gum off the dining room tables. FYI !!! Please make your Rug-Rats spit their gum out in the toilet!!! "For Obvious Reasons!"

Return to “Open Discussion”