ePlaya Pets

All things outside of Burning Man.
lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: ePlaya Pets

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:40 pm

forty_eight wrote:Frida is my gardening companion, par excellence! (when she isn't inside the house under my bed)

What a sweetheart!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Thecatman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:45 pm

Pumpkin doesn't look very happy.
One of my cats, Delta, has a face that looks like he's always smiling.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Postby forty_eight » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:31 pm

One of my chickens isn't doing so hot

Kinda limp/paralyzed on her right side

Wife took her to the vet - $200

No idea if she'll even get any better

The unit price of those damn eggs just skyrocketed, lol

Oh, what we'll do for our animals!

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:43 pm

my super sweet dog Petey McPants tore her left back ACL. :cry: She's 12 years old and the surgery is expensive coupled with 8-12 weeks of recovery.

She's got good pain meds (tramadol) and rx anti inflammatory along with over the counter remedies. She'll probably end up with arthritis and be a bit limpy for the rest of her days.

I took my bed off its frame so that she can get into it more easily. Our days of hiking the hills around Reno are over... :cry:

but she's still super cool in my book
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Postby forty_eight » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:13 pm

lucky420 wrote:
I took my bed off its frame so that she can get into it more easily.

too sweet

the things we do for our fur/feather family!

Blue_Bike
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: As of 2017, Rootpile Bluegrass Camp

Postby Blue_Bike » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:33 am

lucky420 wrote:my super sweet dog Petey McPants tore her left back ACL. :cry: She's 12 years old and the surgery is expensive coupled with 8-12 weeks of recovery.

She's got good pain meds (tramadol) and rx anti inflammatory along with over the counter remedies. She'll probably end up with arthritis and be a bit limpy for the rest of her days.

I took my bed off its frame so that she can get into it more easily. Our days of hiking the hills around Reno are over... :cry:

but she's still super cool in my book

Lucky,

Sorry to hear about Petey's injury.

My best friend Cedar is eight years old and has managed to tear both his CCLs and suffers from "elbow" dysplasia. He had laparoscopic surgery on the front legs and has had TPLO surgery on both hind legs. He doesn't run any more, limps at times, and suffers from arthritis. But he seems to be a happy dog, especially when I can take him places he can explore off leash. When he was recovering from his surgeries I took the bed off of its frame also. Fortunately for us he recovered well enough for me to put the bed back on the frame. Below is a shot of me hanging out with Cedar in the house I built for him.

If Petey's vet thinks she would be a good candidate for TPLO surgery and you could manage her recovery needs, perhaps you could "crowd fund" it. Although my resources are limited, I would contribute.

Mostly I just wanted to reach out and offer my empathy to you and best wishes for Petey. It is heartbreaking when our loved ones (furry or otherwise) suffer life-changing injuries. Fortunately most dogs seem better at keeping their spirits up than we do when faced with new challenges. Blessings to you both. (BTW, I think Cedar would like Petey and send his sympathy and best wishes too if he could, as he is generally fond of female dogs and also lives with compromised limbs.)

Fearlessly be Honest.
Honestly be Kind.
Tirelessly be Passionate.
Passionately be Creative.
Openly be Joyful.
Mindfully be the Person You Want to Be.

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:39 pm

IMG_2540.JPG

Blue,
Thank you and forty-eight for your kind words. Your encouragement is heartwarming and I will be talking to the vet again come Monday. I just found out a family member will help with the financial if we go with surgery.

Thank you again for your warm words and advice. Cedar, what a handsome boy!

P.S. How's your boy like his bed ? Been thinking of getting one of those
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Blue_Bike
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: As of 2017, Rootpile Bluegrass Camp

Postby Blue_Bike » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Lucky,

The lion costume is fun, well maybe more fun for us than it is for her, and I had to look twice to see that it wasn't her fur with a lion cut. My sister has given Cedar a number of outfits, including a lion one, and he is surprisingly patient in indulging our silliness.

He likes his outdoor bed well enough, as well as a nice foam bed my sister bought him for inside. But of course he prefers my bed. He is my first dog and when I got him as a pup I was against him sleeping on the bed. That didn't last very long and I do enjoy his company at night, especially in winter (and when he doesn't crowd me too much, as he is good sized at nearly 100 lbs.).

Best wishes for you and your good girl.
Fearlessly be Honest.
Honestly be Kind.
Tirelessly be Passionate.
Passionately be Creative.
Openly be Joyful.
Mindfully be the Person You Want to Be.

Return to “Open Discussion”