PAGE TWO

All things outside of Burning Man.
Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: PAGE TWO

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:09 am

I can take return fire wherever it comes from. Fairs fair.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Guard Dawg
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:16 am

The back story. After reading about the Big Imagination and the hauling of the partial airframe of 747 500 miles at a cost of $50,000 from Mojave to BRC. My first thoughts were positive, thinking it was awesome more from a logistics perspective.

My Imagination ran wild and started sharing on ePlaya my inner most imaginative thoughts, only to be attacked and ridiculed with names like "whacko, moron, blithering idiot", etc and my threads sequestered into the dustbin of cyberspace.

All the attacks from a person who confessed to toiling 20-years on a boat so he can drive one week a year on a dry lake bed out in the middle of nowhere and, I guess to fantasize he's Thirston Howell the turd...er III.
The irony of it all.

Everything I proposed is technologically and logistically feasible given sufficient financial resources.

Give me absolute control of the Army Corps of Engineers and unlimited budget and I could transform the entire Playa into a freaking tropical paradise replete with Hulu dancers and wave maker, the entire project constructed in compliance to all federal, state, county and city rules polices and regulations. And, a month later the playa will look like it was never there.

Not once did I ever say I wanted to do it, that it would be cheap or easy, I just said it could be done. I guess he thought I was actually serious.

Check this out. Particularly the vernier thrusters stabilizing the entry vehicle. They sound like shotgun blasts on earth but in space, silent.

Peace and excellent health to all.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:34 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:09 am
I can take return fire wherever it comes from. Fairs fair.
I come in peace!
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:37 am

*yawn*
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:58 am

Guard Dawg wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:16 am
... My Imagination ran wild and started sharing on ePlaya my inner most imaginative thoughts, only to be attacked and ridiculed with names like "whacko, moron, blithering idiot", etc and my threads sequestered into the dustbin of cyberspace. ...
Actually, like others, he's just pointing out many misconceptions regarding so many aspects of Burning Man and BRC. As if someone goes ahead with many of them, they'll fail or engage in activities that are not allowed, can get themselves kicked out and banned from BM, put themselves and/or others at risk, injured or dead, and can contribute to putting the event in bad light or even at risk. In others, he's pointing out a persistence in inappropriateness and attempts at cleverness, that are pretty much sadly evident to all, like repeatedly posting irrelevant material and in inappropriate threads, possibly best summarized as 'troll?', 'someone doesn't get it', or 'off meds', or any or all. Then there's trying to take away from the message by attacking the source; although it may need seem like it sometimes, that really doesn't work here as this isn't grade 1. There's some people seeking, even needing, the information provided on eplaya. Someone impeding, misleading and interfering with that because they're acting like this is a short bus convention, really isn't appreciated and is a disservice and hinderence to all seeking or providing information. But wait, there goes a squirrel...
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 am

There is the terrible alternative in
Radical Inclusion
Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger.
No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.
The alternative that someone does not want to participate in our community.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:53 am

Canoe wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:58 am
Guard Dawg wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:16 am
... My Imagination ran wild and started sharing on ePlaya my inner most imaginative thoughts, only to be attacked and ridiculed with names like "whacko, moron, blithering idiot", etc and my threads sequestered into the dustbin of cyberspace. ...
Actually, like others, he's just pointing out many misconceptions regarding so many aspects of Burning Man and BRC. As if someone goes ahead with many of them, they'll fail or engage in activities that are not allowed, can get themselves kicked out and banned from BM, put themselves and/or others at risk, injured or dead, and can contribute to putting the event in bad light or even at risk. In others, he's pointing out a persistence in inappropriateness and attempts at cleverness, that are pretty much sadly evident to all, like repeatedly posting irrelevant material and in inappropriate threads, possibly best summarized as 'troll?', 'someone doesn't get it', or 'off meds', or any or all. Then there's trying to take away from the message by attacking the source; although it may need seem like it sometimes, that really doesn't work here as this isn't grade 1. There's some people seeking, even needing, the information provided on eplaya. Someone impeding, misleading and interfering with that because they're acting like this is a short bus convention, really isn't appreciated and is a disservice and hinderence to all seeking or providing information. But wait, there goes a squirrel...

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: BONERPILLAR

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:45 am

Is that what they told you when you were in the army to justify getting fucked in the ass?

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:36 am

I know, let’s build an MV the size of a football field to drive through a crowded campsite with.
While we’re at it, let’s violate heath dept. regulations.
And certainly we shouldn’t consider the multimillion dollar budget we haven’t got, and the impossible transportation logistics.

That would be brilliance in line with Tesla, Da Vinci, Franklin, Bell, and Edison.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:28 am

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:29 am

I am reluctant to post this because I have learned from a reliable anonymous source, I am teetering on the "Edge" of what is tolerated on ePlaya. I certainly don't want to cause further cognitive dissonance resulting in banishment. I want to finish posting my Prius Art car build and continue participation.

So, I post this only in jest.

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:36 am
I know, let’s build an MV the size of a football field...
Snore........well, I can see why you are only a captain and not an Imagineer at Disney.

Curious, does your Brainchild feature Astro or natural turf, retractable dome, Jumbotron and VIP section? cheerleaders? What's a football field without cheerleaders, they make great "Fluffers." Trust me on this.

I have first dibs as cheerleader squad gynecologist, I have years of experience examining vaginas?

Captain Goddammit wrote:
...to drive through a crowded campsite with...
That's no way to treat Burners.
Captain Goddammit wrote:
While we’re at it, let’s violate heath dept. regulations...
Good gee jizz, you sure are into wanting to violate things. You sure you're not a Catholic priest masquerading as a captain? Children, please step back from the nice man in the white hat.
Captain Goddammit wrote:
...And certainly we shouldn’t consider the multimillion dollar budget we haven’t got,...
"We?" As in you and me? Ahhhhh, I didn't know and so soon, we barely know each other.

Being impecunious is certainly a downer. I know, I was poor once.

Captain Goddammit wrote:
...and the impossible transportation logistics.
Perhaps Impossible for some, not me. I worked in an industry where doing the "Impossible" was expected.

Once, I told a boss (Project manager) it was "impossible." He abruptly said, "following me. Where to?, I inquired. "Human resources", he snapped, "your fired." "Around here we are expected to do the impossible."

True story, but I wasn't fired, he made his point abundantly clear.
All things are possible for those who are FORCED to believe. May the Force be with you!

First action item; airstrip for squadron of C-17 Globemasters. Fuggit, relocate the entire goddamn 75th Military Airlift Squadron, 60th Military Airlift Wing to Black Rock City.

As stated prior, give me absolute command of the Army Corps of Engineers and I could build fucking Sea World featuring Shamu, dolphins and beautiful mermaids preforming fellacio on playa.

Easy Peezy, just employ the same tactic Teddy Roosevelt used to finish the Panama Canal. Tell the head weenie in charge of the Army Corps of Engineers, what I want done and when I want it completed.
Then, I'll point to a picture of Leavenworth and tell him that's gonna be your retirement home if you fuck it up. I've personally seen it done before, highly motivational. Trust me.

Captain Goddammit wrote:
That would be brilliance in line with Tesla, Da Vinci, Franklin, Bell, and Edison.

Well, I see in the distance a ginormous chasm between our definitions of brilliance and confident Tesla, Da Vinci, Franklin, Bell, and Edison would certainly be offended having their accomplishments compared.

Hugs and kisses from Commiefornia.

Very truly yours,

Admiral
Gelatinous Gluteus Maximus. Impossible Mission Force.
Last edited by Guard Dawg on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:30 am

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:57 am

So many levels of not getting it... wow! Apparently subtle and not so subtle hints are too complicated?
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:10 pm

It's been a while since we've posted this reminder, so if all of our newer members could please read the Very First Post in this thread to see what it's all about it would put everyone on the same page. All are welcome to play, but this thread does exist as a pressure valve.

As always, for all ePlayan's - no personal attacks. On anyone.

Conveniently, I've posted a link.

viewtopic.php?p=928227#p928227
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:08 pm

It is not often anyone can get a star listing on PAGE TWO without a page one. But this has got to be one of the organizers' most epic whoopsies.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:35 pm

I think the jaded burner in me is sneaking out:
  • No one deserves to attend Burning Man.
  • There is no reason why your life would be changed if you attend.
  • Spending a week or two away from your partner is not exactly a reason to deserve anything.
  • Not everything is about you, and posting a bunch trying to make it about you just pisses off pretty much everyone.
  • If it is a mellow year, the 1/2 inch conduit will be fine. If it is a windy year, you will need the 1 inch conduit - just spend the extra money and by the f'ing 1 inch conduit.
  • Not even 1/4 of 1 percent of the entire tickets for Burning Man were scalped - so, putting names on non-transferable tickets is stupid!
  • Putting names on non-transferable tickets will not prevent people from getting scammed.
  • Gate operations are complex. People who have not attempted to volunteer at gate have no idea how it actually works. Your suggestions are silly as a result (one cannot just add a couple volunteers to get an additional gate lane open).
  • One can fly into Reno, get out to BRC and camp by themselves and not need to be a member of someones camp. It is called self reliance!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Wowza, gone for 2 weeks to the burn and I’m seeing a couple of “my dick’s bigger than your dick” threads. Amusing :lol:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:34 pm

"It was an itsy bitsy teeny weenie."
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 pm

As usual, everyone lost everything.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:08 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 pm
As usual, everyone lost everything.
You didn't lose your ugly ..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:08 am

‘Cuz I didn’t go!!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Do we have to wait for Page Two before we can place bids on Lost or Found items?
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Ahoy Cap't
FB_IMG_1536614040625.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 3 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Like clockwork, they all of a sudden find us and ask for their lost items. How do they do that? Did they know all along that we were here? Is there a post on some social media that says 'Go to ePlaya and beg for your phone.'? The lost and found at Playa Info had a plethora of phones. Was the line too long? Did they do ANYTHING to make it easier to return? Did they take a picture of their ID or playa address? Did they write their info on the phone? Not as far as I can tell. Just an iPhone 6 in a black case. Maybe someone else will do all the work and figure it out. Can't you just buy an old phone on ebay and use it as a camera? Or better yet, bring a camera.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Lonesomebri :lol:
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 pm

I think it's a tragedy how many potentially good forum nicknames get wasted by these ticket beggar and lost item poster accounts.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 am

BBadger wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 pm
I think it's a tragedy how many potentially good forum nicknames get wasted by these ticket beggar and lost item poster accounts.
Plus 1
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:50 am

What happened to all of the know-it-all-noobs that were chiming in and arguing their mad-skillz endlessly in the months leading up to the Big Show? Did they all get their clocks cleaned and are now saddled with this unshakable humility that the Big Show is capable of imposing on such attitudes?

Where are you at with your humbling tales now, dick in the dirt?

Big truck, big trailer, big deal...
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Token

Post by Token » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Jackass wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:50 am
What happened to all of the know-it-all-noobs that were chiming in and arguing their mad-skillz endlessly in the months leading up to the Big Show? Did they all get their clocks cleaned and are now saddled with this unshakable humility that the Big Show is capable of imposing on such attitudes?

Where are you at with your humbling tales now, dick in the dirt?

Big truck, big trailer, big deal...
Yep.

Saw some posts on Facebooks and such.

I’d call it a christening.

I’m sensing humble pie in the works but also a convert.

Threshold, threshold, take me to the threshold!

Till underverse come.

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:16 pm

unjonharley wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:34 am
BBadger wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 pm
Plus 1
Yes! . . . And I get mad when I have to ban a spammer with a cool nickname! :lol: What a waste.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “Open Discussion”