Looking for help with a burningman-styled-ebay-typa-website

All things outside of Burning Man.
Loosecannon

Looking for help with a burningman-styled-ebay-typa-website

Post by Loosecannon » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:16 pm

I have an idea for a barter/gifting website that I am currently in the process of conceptualizing and copywriting and am looking for a web programmer/design-saavy partner who would be interested in creating such a thing. With a good proto-type I have confidence I would be able to find suitable investors and I think that this is a great idea for humanity on the whole, as people are concentrating more and more on acquiring bullshit, i think it would be funny to have people trading their bullshit for other peoples bullshit (just like at BM). If you are an experienced coder who thinks that they could take on the task of creating such a website and becomming a 50/50 partner in the endeavor please email me directly so we can talk further on the subject. I am an east coast burner (nyc), but since this is the internet relative location may not be important.

---Burn On Brim Barone---

Loosecannon Dave
BRC Post Office
[email protected]
there is no TEAM in FUCK YOU

anticdevices

Re: Looking for help with a burningman-styled-ebay-typa-webs

Post by anticdevices » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:12 pm

Ok, I know I'll come off sounding way more critical than I actually am. Please take my comments as a request for elaboration & more information.
Loosecannon wrote:I have an idea for a barter/gifting website that I am currently in the process of conceptualizing and copywriting
Copywriting a gifting site? Er... why? Why not give away the code? Profit motive?
Also... doesn't Craigs list (as an example) already serve this purpose? Not to mention local classifieds (online & print).
But more to the point, there's already a gifting forum on this thread. And if I were a burner, this would be the first place I'd come to. So your site would compliment or compete with the eplaya? Might it not be worthwhile to develope something that could be used here?
Loosecannon wrote:and am looking for a web programmer/design-saavy partner who would be interested in creating such a thing.
Uhhh... If I were a programmer/designer.. and, you know, either enough of a pirate or dedicated to open source ... ummm.. what at this point would I need you for?
Loosecannon wrote:With a good proto-type I have confidence I would be able to find suitable investors
Ok, if I were a programmer/designer, I could hit you up for cash as well as concept. But... as opposed to investors, would it be worthwhile to try to create a burning-oriented gifting site with volunteers? Or am I wrong in assuming that this project is burner-oriented?
Loosecannon wrote:and I think that this is a great idea for humanity on the whole, as people are concentrating more and more on acquiring bullshit, i think it would be funny to have people trading their bullshit for other peoples bullshit (just like at BM).
You think it would be funny? Well amusement value is definitely a worthy motive. I can go for that. A site that makes it amusing (or more amusing) to gift or barter. Well. Why not?
O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention - Henry V, Prologue

Rabbi Dali Rick

....OH GOODY, FINALLY A COMERCIAL, LET'S ALL WATCH ........

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:31 pm

Can we buy stuff too? I mean really cool stuff, not like that other stuff, you know like burningman stuff?

quizzically,
the rebbi

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:17 am

That'd be great!! We could get B'Man tee-shirts, and coffee mugs, and warm-up jackets, and toilet seat covers, and radios, and car covers, and towels, and sheets, and breakfast cereal, and condoms, and secret decoder rings, and beer, and lighters (WOW! A B'Man lights, that ignights itself!) and first aid kits, and scotch, and cigarettes, etc., etc., ad nauseum...... :twisted:
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

Return to “Open Discussion”