Thank You!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Lydia Love

Thank You!

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:34 pm

Got anyone to thank?

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:45 pm

I'll probably have to add more as my mind settles back down (and after I've gotten some sleep).

Thank you Tiara for organizing the greeter shift. I never imagined it would be *that* fun.

Thank you Doc Pyro for hosting the meet and greet and Thanks to Friendly Jen for running the romp. What a great night.

Thank you Yonder (and honey, If I'm misremembering your name consider that I was very drunk) for helping me get up the man when vertigo attacked.

Thank you to the Funk band playing on the esplanade who passed the vocals mike out into the audience on Tuesday. Singing along was like nothing I've ever experienced before.

Thank you to the countless people who responded when I tried to make a connection with you.

And thank you to the beautiful young men next door who accepted our invitation to Thanksgiving dinner and then gifted us with a private fire dance and fire blessing. You were the best neighbors ever.

nymphgonebad

Post by nymphgonebad » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:34 am

i want to thank every one at burning man this year, esp. my campmates over at igs. you rock.

hrh - the princess

liebling

Post by liebling » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:45 am

thank you to monkey boy and affinity and gordon and everyone else from dreamcatcher camp for letting me chill there throughout the last few days, and most especially for letting me hang during the burn...what a fantastic view!

anyway, a VERY nice bunch of people, great camp.

gael
we are becoming who we are

moonbeam

yes

Post by moonbeam » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:49 pm

I'd like to thank the pancake makers, the Gerlach peace officer who let me out of a speeding ticket with only an unofficial warning, my neighboors for looking out for this first timer coming solo not quite prepared, the fire dancers and other preformers; I could go on and on but will stop here.

obsidity

Post by obsidity » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:07 pm

I want to thank those two folks in the art car that I waved down while I was unexpectedly tripping my ass off on mushrooms. Of course I can't remember your names, but you drove me back to the ambience ambulance camp, while everything was falling apart and the temple burned, I couldn't understand what I was looking at and there weren't any signs anywhere. You were patient and speedy and caring and helped me so much through the my incredible frustration and self-condemnation for doing such a dumb thing and returned me to my safe place. I got through it alright cuz of you!
Thank You Thank You !!!

La La

Thanks to the girl on the bike on the dark open playa!

Post by La La » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:49 pm

I realized I was an idiot out there without any light. I asked you for a glow stick and you gave me one.

You sarcastically told me: "This cost two bucks at Walmart"

You rock.
thanx...and I got the message!!

:D
La La
Land
~~Happy is free~~

Borris
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

THANK YOU

Post by Borris » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:09 pm

I want to thank in the name of more then 200 people FRED HAGEMISTER AKA HAGEYMON for seting his home as the Black Rock international burners hostel, and then transporting this entire operation to the playa. for taking care of over 100 people mostly forgeiners at the hostel. for having set up a cool camp to hang out at. for helping more then 200 poeple find rides from Reno to BRC. for feeding and sheletring all the lost international virgins. for heliping all those people Decompress at your house in Sparks and for Being a great Person.

I would also like to thank all the people that helped fred, and in particular Tal, Hagay and Rich. you know why.
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...

jamison

Aside from everyone in Black Rock City...

Post by jamison » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:24 am

I'd like to thank my new friends at the Monkey Tickle Temple for being so friendly. And the folks at Camp Cul De Sac for some fun adventures. And I'd like to thank Loopy & Bob from Fairyland for such an incredible time we had together at a party after the Burn. And of Course my awesome campmates Nic, Justin and Joanna.

Addendum: Thank you to that rad blond bartender at Pinky's who told me I was cute and gave me a kiss.
Last edited by jamison on Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

charming russian

Post by charming russian » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:02 am

yo shalom and those good people who knew what to do when they saw me rostin at the temple. hehe u know what i m sayin i love u people. hope i get to not fry next time i see u.
all burners are !!! all else go burn!

klinquist

I'd like to thank...

Post by klinquist » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:52 am

...Johnny On The Spot - the porta potties seemed execeptionally clean and well TP-stocked this year.

Layne

The Deep End Thanks You!!!!

Post by Layne » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:58 am

For boozing harder than we ever thought imaginable...wow you guys
were awesome!!! We had so much fun serving and playing for all you happy folks. Looking forward to a bigger and better burn next year!!!

Layne

p.s. Pinky's deserves a huge thanks as well!!!
Distrikt DJ
Camp Houligan

dahousekat

Thank You All at the G Spot and Everyone in Nowhere

Post by dahousekat » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:03 am

Thanks to all the meisters at the G-Spot for running a cool, comfortable and welcoming camp. Uber-preparedness goes a long way. Rob, Lisa, Jenn, Mark, Dana, and all of you, a huge thanks.

Thanks to Michael for getting me off my butt and out to the playa. Thanks to Tulana for the healing sessions and Jamie too for more of the same. Thanks to Kathryn and Brian, and Kathryn I'll never ever forget that dance at the burn! Thanks to Maria for sharing her chakras and bringing me down to human-ness again. And thanks to Winnie for all the goodies.

Thank you disco roller skate camp on the esplanade, whatever your true name is, for the great visuals early Saturday morning. Thanks to the domed Rave Camp all the way out at 2:00 also for great tunes Saturday morning, and thanks to the crew from Ashland, Kris I recall, for the toke that got me back on the dance floor and dancing hard.

Thanks to Jill and Lillee both in beautiful white dresses for the wine at the burn, and wish I had talked to you longer!

All thanks to the critical tits party people and especially the women I was honored to give foot massages to at the pedicure tent.

Thanks to the Man! and great thanks to the Temple of Honor. Thanks everyone! I had a great time, just a few small moments of paranoia in such a new place for me, but mostly increasing open-ness and real healing over the course of the week. I'll be back and I'll bring it as best I can next year, to give something of what I've received.

Matt, Rave Boy, Pinky and now dahousekat
There's a party in my mind

persuasion

Representing Nevada City

Post by persuasion » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:17 pm

Buck and John, the guys running "Happy Hour" across from the johnnyonthespot camp at about 4:15 theory. Your generosity was unbelievable.....

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:44 pm

Thank you Booker for making mohitos and keeping a calm, level head.
Thank you Kirk and Terri for bringing everything out and helping in myriad ways.
Thank you Julie for supporting the concept and making costumes.
Thank you woman from Camp Renault who gave me a bowl of chicken and rice when I needed it most.
Thank you Spawn of Chopra and the Slow Dance pagoda.
Thank you Antroni for the beer and support.
Thank you Elfin Camp for being neighbors that rocked.
Thank you Purification Station for thinking of us.
Thank you Camp Gallivant for the lumber when ours was three days late.
Thank you Lydia for returning beer cans to Recycle Camp.
Thank you Canadians for the foot wash.
Thank you woman in Center Camp for the affirmation.
Thank you people in white masks and stilts at the Temple of Honor for the most haunting and beautiful ritual I’ve ever witnessed and for creating a space I’ll never even try to fully describe.
Thank you every one who voted for Big Wall Bondage Barbie to survive, she will Burn another year!
Thank you for everyone who voted to send Barbie to Death Camp, you made it a close race.
Thank you Doc Pyro for hosting the meet and greet.
Thank you Tiara and RebA for making special stops at Gender Blender Bar.
Thank you Shocrow for singing.
Thank you Borris for the olive oil, we cooked potato(e)s with it.
Thank you Mayfield.
Thank you Jane Eric for the charter.
Thank you eplayans for stopping by.
Thank you Burners for stopping by.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Uncle Jam

plenty of folks to thank...

Post by Uncle Jam » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:21 pm

Thanks to my great friend Anton for toting this first timer along, as if I was standing on his shoulders the entire week.
Thanks to Rat for all of his efforts at Mayonnaise camp.
Thanks to Pinkie's for being such a great place to meet people.
Thanks to Lara for the scarf, intolerance for conventional questions and the incredible hug at the burn!
Thanks to Bun Buns for keeping me accessorized, you fine girl!
Thanks to Taosyty -Harlon for the extended ride, K & S for the warth- Sasha's bike was clearly the greatest.
Thanks to Dante for your kindness and sharing.
Thanks to Naoki for the warmest sunrise of my life.
Thanks to all the volunteers for making this possible.
Damn well better thank all the artists for their work and awe-inspiring creativty, including fire dancers, light shows etc.
Thanks to the kind folks on the reservation for their hospitality.
Thanks to the Yuba river for relieving me of the playa dust and my pipe!
Thanks to Jen for the sharing the very eventful drive home.
Thanks to everyone who shared the spirit which made Burning Man such a mind blowing experience. :o
Flame on!

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:25 pm

I knew I'd think of more

Thanks to the fellah who gifted me with my fluffy when I was chilling in the Blue House Dome.

If my first response to his gift was an odd one, I apologize.

I originally thought the offer was "would you like to fuck me?"

Papa Bear
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash. Not a Placer

Post by Papa Bear » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:15 pm

Thank you to all the guests who showed up from around Black Rock City and pitched in alongside the residents of the HeeBeeGeeBee Healers camp.

Whether you were a pro working in the back tent, an amateur giving a foot rub in the front, loaned us a table, or just wandered by with a treat or a misting or a kind word for whoever needed it, you brought healing energy to the camp that helped to lift and sustain us throughout the week.

It made for an especially great experience for this virgin burner, who will most certainly be back next year. Thank you!
Papa Bear

debkakes

Thanks for riding the Subway: Save the Playa from ARt Cars

Post by debkakes » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:34 pm

To all you folks who visited Sunrise Station, and esp those who left behind grafitti and gifts, THANK YOU! This was my second year at BRC, the first time I was involved in making an installation, and it was incredible. We had no idea people would be so moved by our little subway station, so thank you thank you, esp. J-Sun, JoyJosieJames, and all the folks we met after the burn.
gotta walk thru the ouch to get to the awe

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:56 pm

Huge and endless thank you's to Pinky for letting us blend drinks at the bar the past three years. The friends I've made working behind that bar and the times I've had have changed my life for the positive immeasurably. The entire Pinky's crew, thank you, I love you guys. Also have to give a big thank you to Chaka and the whole 'Deep End' crew, the 'hood was rockin' for sure. Thanks to everyone who brought donations when we started running out, we had a great time didn't we?
Again, thank you Pinky, BM wouldn't be the same without you.
Jayson

PJ

Post by PJ » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:56 pm

Lydia Love wrote:Thanks to the fellah who gifted me with my fluffy...I originally thought the offer was "would you like to fuck me?"
That would never happen at Burning Man.

Well, not to me.

Fortunately my fluffy never turns me down.

TestesInSac

Post by TestesInSac » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:27 pm

PJ wrote:Fortunately my fluffy never turns me down.
Pervert.

Natron

Post by Natron » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:37 pm

thank you crew of the NEVADA as usual.
thanks purple eye patty, and jungle jane with your slurpees.
thanks OTTER folk, WOW.
thanks Purification Station, you guys be jammin.
thanks playa for parking us where you wanted us.
thank you playa creatures for being you.

now its time to resupply for next year, too bad i had to leave to do that.
i still see blinky things
for awhile, happy again

PJ

Post by PJ » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:14 am

casnimot wrote:Pervert.
Hey, it's totally consensual.

You're just jealous.

Dyna-lite

Post by Dyna-lite » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:17 am

Thank you Grover and Queen Mel for the smooth running SoLoCo Village and the Solo Collective Camp within. It's amazing that so many folks can camp together with no drama. I enjoyed my RP positon and would love to do it again next year.

Thank You Zona for the plane ride. Flying 25ft above the deck was a hoot. Landing the plane in the middle of the Black Rock Desert 15 miles from anything in all directions was mind blowing. I'll stop there he hehe

Tiara, R-pod, Playaquest (the unholy trinity) I love you guys. nuff said

Thank you Doc for the Meet & Greet. It went off very well. I think it should be an annual event at your little piece of the playa. What do you think?

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:41 am

>It's amazing that so many folks can camp together with no drama.

<Snort>

You obviously weren't in camp very often...

peg

Post by peg » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:15 am

thanks to the oasis/recycle yourself guys for my naps with the water misters.
thanks to the doll of a girl who brought me my ash tray from Hair of the Dog.
thanks to hair of the dog camp for a great place to chill.
thanks to anyone who didn't play techno 24-7. (god! when will that phase end. i mean come on! it was cool in 1983 people. grow! evolve!)
thanks to all my camp mates for cleaning up so well. LNT!!!
thanks durgy for letting me work on the BRG. so much fun!
thanks larry for starting it all in the first place.

Zane5100

Post by Zane5100 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:34 am

I want to give a huge thanks to my Paint Shop crew: Laura, Paul, Ray and Kristen. They rocked--I couldn't have done it without them.

Thank you to everyone who sent in paint. I brought home extras, but not many.

precipitate, thank you for the lovely evenings we spent drinking and talking.

clandyone, thank you for letting me be a small part of one of the best wedding ceremonies that I've had the honor to document.

Thank you to the people and crew of Burning Man for providing this "event."

Thank you for the love and support of the people here and on the playa. You all helped make this a special year for me.

PJ

Post by PJ » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:57 pm

I wanna thank those beautiful women (plural! ha!) that invited me to the GCBEC! Who would've thought that'd happen? Nobody in MY high school graduating class, that's for sure. (Actually, I might have been the only one that graduated, but you know what I mean.)

Thanks again--that's the single kindest gesture that could ever be offered to an old guy. Too bad I wasn't qualified to participate.

Next time I think I'll have more drinks beforehand.

RebA!

Post by RebA! » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:15 pm

To Tiara/R-pod/Dyna-lite/Zane You 4 are my extended family now. Hope you dont mind. I really dont know what else to say, you folks just make me so happy.

To Dyna-lite for printing up 2 batches of our labels, people just loved them.

To the rest of my eplayan family, just for being there for me. I will never feel alone as long as I have you folks around me.

To Sara(h) who created the Bell Tree and gave me one of her bells, I will cherish this for as long as it continues to chime.

To Spyral thank you for all you do. It was one of my highlights of this year meeting you.

To our neighbor in hushville Bill, dont know if you ever read the eplaya, but we are so happy to know you and glad we were able to corrupt you further.

Gosh i am sure there are hundreds more...
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner

Return to “Open Discussion”