Thank You!

All things outside of Burning Man.
debkakes

sacred toad

Post by debkakes » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:35 pm

thank you, sacred toad, for being inspired to create the god box, and thanks to all your sacred toadlets that helped usher my beau and I into the proper state of mind for an incredible evening (after the burn). it was, for all the fun, a truly important moment.
gotta walk thru the ouch to get to the awe

mac

Post by mac » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:09 pm

Thanx 2 green penis camp 4 being welcoming 2 a couple of Al and Steve's tag alongs. It meant alot to my wife and I to get back into an environment such as BM after a long year and a half stuck here in reality.

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:33 pm

I forgot to add these...

Thanks Petsuntileaten for the extremely small pouch. It was extremely useful.

Thank you Electrolux for bartending, not one, but two nights. It was awesome.

Zane5100

Post by Zane5100 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:38 pm

I want to say thank you to stu and jonovision.

You two know why.

RebA!, I still have a crush on you...

eli eli eli

the tip of the iceberg

Post by eli eli eli » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:06 pm

lovely afternoon
brought crowd to the gbb
such fab mojitos

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:08 pm

out utilikilts
my girly posse and i
creating a scene

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:09 pm

gorgeous bartenders
wish i'd danced with all of you
maybe next time. ~sigh~

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:11 pm

a thousand blessings
you were perfect hostesses
mint and gender sweet

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:19 pm

<sigh>

swishing n'mincing
ain't E-Z, pour drinks big fun!
playa feet in high heels

RebA!

Post by RebA! » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:23 pm

See thats why i shoundnt answer posts like this cause i always forget people. Ivy for all of her sewing help and
Booker (Mr. Mojito!) Today i was on a 4 mile walk. And towards the end of it.. i was like.. ya know i could really go for a mojito right now.
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner

dapperdan

Post by dapperdan » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:37 pm

thanx to the lost penguin people for letting this lost musician play with them for 3 nights running.would like to collaberate with you all again.thanx to my buddy tipi dan,a black rock ranger with heart,honor and courage,big puffy yellow camp for feeding me and making me feel welcome,2 brides and a tribe for lots of laughs,and all the wonderful people out there.

Hoopes

Re: Representing Nevada City

Post by Hoopes » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:38 pm

persuasion wrote:Buck and John, the guys running "Happy Hour" across from the johnnyonthespot camp at about 4:15 theory. Your generosity was unbelievable.....
I was just about to post a thanks to John & Buck, but persuasion beat me to it! Those were the sweetest guys I have ever met in two years at Burning Man. As gracious hosts and smiling bartenders they poured out gallons and gallons of cocktails for anyone walking down the street and did so with flair, good humor, and impeccable taste. They acted as if they had been living in a house on Theory St. all their lives. If anyone racked up some good karma on the playa this year, it was they. We love you, Buck & John!

MusicVixen

Post by MusicVixen » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:04 pm

Thank you chloe_dancer and lucky for allowing me to take part in your wedding on Friday.

Thank you Jewel for the beautiful pendant I received at the Dreamcatcher Camp.

Thank you to the gentleman in the hard hat that I shared my first burn of the man with on Saturday.

Thanks so very much to Nannette, John and the rest of "The Tribe" that opened their camp and their hearts to me and made me feel like one of their own.

Thanks to everyone at the Barbie Death Camp for hosting the meet and greet.

And last but surely not least, thank you Shiloh for making the wonder and magic that is Burning Man possible for me to experience for the first time. :wink:
[color=indigo]MusicVixen[/color]

electrolux

Post by electrolux » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:59 pm

Thank you camp arachnid for kidnapping me into your camp.
Thank you blyslv and the rest of the GBB for letting me live out my bartending fantasies.
Thank you camp bayou for letting me eat even though I was never around to cook.
Thank you mayfield for letting me see the wonders of your RV.
etc etc

The Key Man

The Hammock-mobile

Post by The Key Man » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:06 am

A big THANK YOU to the folks on the hammock-mobile, who gave my wife and I a wonderfully enjoyable ride/tour back from the Esplanade on the night of the burn.

Kicking back in those hammocks while cruising the Playa was really a magical treat.

Timber

Post by Timber » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:22 am

Thanks to all of the neighbors in the vicinity if Dubious and Creed for not organizing and lynching me on Sunday night. I was having too much fun with the megaphone. ("Now approaching..Dubious and Creed! Don't bother looking for the street signs. They've been stolen!")

Thank you Strawberry for being an absolute manifestation of God and for flitting in and out of my week, with a few glorious prolonged stays.

Thank you David Best. The Temple of Honor was fairly daunting to me this year, so I avoided it for the most part. When I embraced it and memorialized a few people, I spent a good time sobbing at the base of it. I needed that.

Thank you Shaman, for painting my spirit on my face and head the night of the Burn. You still have no idea what you've unleashed.

Thanks to the guy who offered me a piece of watermelon as I was biking hard to the possible location of my missing Camelbak.

Thanks to Costco. My soulmate was REALLY great. Nice work.

Thank you PorchCamp. I'm just completely out of words to describe what being a part of you provided me.

harrumph

Post by harrumph » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:30 am

Thanks to Derek for making the journey with me every year.

Thanks to the Vogons for their companionship.

Thanks to all those who build beautiful artwork out on the playa.

Thanks to the Universe for making it all possible.

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

A Big Thank You to Poopers

Post by robbidobbs » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:38 pm

A big squishy hug to all those who practiced as well as preached Excremental Correctness. You made it a very good year for shit, and all of our pottie experiences were that much more pleasurable because of it. Thank you all the camps and individuals that creatively educated those that would otherwise put trash in the potties, hover or throw grey water down the camodes. Let's make our bathrooms a permanent part of our Burningman experience and ADOPT A CLUSTER! RobbiDobbs clear.

jinx_sf_burner

Thanks to the Spot!

Post by jinx_sf_burner » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:53 pm

Khat and Tiger... you made The Spot a fabulous place for someone looking for a camp to be. It was a well organized and happy place... although not as happy as Happy Camp (haaaapppppyyyy!).

Thank you as well for letting all of us be part of your fabulous wedding ceremony. What a moving beautiful thing.

Thanks to all the other Spotters for making all of us feel so much at home... :D

Thanks to all the wonderful people I met through SoLoCo this year too... I've never seen such a large BM group so drama free and wonderfully open!

See you next year.

theshaman

Not enough thank you's in the world

Post by theshaman » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:41 pm

Thanks to the Playa for reminding me what is important.
Thank you God for protecting Dolly when she fell 20 feet and got the doule compound fracture...thank you for saving all her neves and tendons...and her life.
Thank you to the nameless woman who gave me a handblown glass pedant with the burning man in it...all because I gave her my coffee when she needed it.
Thank you to all the hard working folks who made Nuclear Family and Porch Camp happen.
Thanks Timber for the Vision Quest...I think you just gave me my family back.
Thanks to the man who sat in center camp with a blindfold on and a fortune cookie in his hand. I may join you next year...

Thanks to the Playa for reminding me what is important.
Buddha wasn't a Christian, but Jesus would have made a good Buddhist

Shaman

Dyna-lite

Post by Dyna-lite » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:56 pm

Hey Jinx!!
I didn't know you're from SF. There are alot of Solos in the BA.
We all should get together sometime.

Dyna-lite / aka chuck from the Solo Collective

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:20 pm

Thanks to the anonymous Black Rock Rangers who completely disassembled and packed up the I'm OK, You're OK camp after all the grieving campmates left the playa early due to Kathie's death. No one else seemed available that day to chip in and these guys spent the better part of nine hours making sure that nothing was left behind - including MOOP.

This, after having done a previous eight hours of Rangering.

Booker

Post by Booker » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:40 am

Thanks, blyslv! Had a great time playing in your sandbox. (No kitties though.)

Thanks, DP, for those smiles.

Thanks, Lydia, for your open heart.

And RebA! for the beer, R-Pod for the rides + trust + sexy smiles, Tiara for organizing the greeter shift, gawd too many.

Halo Joe

Post by Halo Joe » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:30 pm

ReBA!, the Playa Pale Ale keeps getting better and better ...
You were burning long before you stepped into this fire. -- EB

Jane Eric

Post by Jane Eric » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:49 pm

I saved my Playa Pale Ale bottle for the window of my workshop. Had I known any better I would've grabbed another one, I was thinking I was being selfish for just grabbing it right out of the box. Yum yum, RebA!

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:25 pm

Someone snagged my bottle. Put it down for one second at the Meet and Greet to sip a shot with Playaquest and it was fucking gone.

Timber

Post by Timber » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:58 pm

I knew I missed at least one...

Thank you to the beautiful blond Canadian from the International Burner Hostel who came by Porch Camp and offered us Canadian bacon covered in Maple Syrup. Sweet mother of God, that was like cocaine covered in crack!!

Timber

RebA!

Post by RebA! » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:05 pm

Thank you all the people who enjoyed our brew. The every smile we received when we gave them away are worth thier weight in gold. GOLD I tell you!

[Thread-drift]
I have tooooooooons of labels left over so if you happen to have any empty unlabeled beer bottles at home you wish to attach them too to say you had one of our beers. I would be more than happy to ship you a few...dozen ;)

The real post office has issues with shipping full beers so labels is probably all I can do for you. PM me with your info and I will send some out [/Thread-drift]
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:42 pm

thanks to all of you
vouching for me 'gainst other
name calling can sting

eli eli eli

Post by eli eli eli » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:43 pm

i should know better
choose battles more carefully
with rational foes

Return to “Open Discussion”