lost 80 pounds with burning man

All things outside of Burning Man.
Jbaz

lost 80 pounds with burning man

Post by Jbaz » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:22 am

Lol ok not with just burning man but defiantly because of....... I know it sounds crazy and Idk if this is even the right place to post this so if it needs to be bumped or moved I totally understand. That being said I used to always hear that burning man can change lives and it can because it did it changed mine........ I remember my first burn way back in 2012 lol I was pushing 300 pounds I was camped at 7 and J way the hell out on the edge.......... And let me tell you walking from my camp to the man just about killed me.......... I felt traped and limited and so held back and unable to be a part of the magic around me but from that moment on I knew that I wanted to be a part of this place I wanted to come back as more to be more to do more and useing that as a HUGE part of my motivation this year 2013 was amazing I climbed I biked I participated we even started out own little camp ottershots and shit......... I can't say it was all bm but I know that black rock city showed me that all one has to do is believe because dreams can come true!
If the playa dont find you handsome! It should at least find you handy!

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Re: lost 80 pounds with burning man

Post by GreyCoyote » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:26 am

Congrats!

BM is great for dropping unwanted weight. My friend tells a story that she lost 250 useless extra lbs in just two weeks on the Playa Diet, and has managed to keep it all off for 8 years. (His name was Kevin, BTW) :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 am

:D

Wish I could do the same. Maybe not 80lbs but maybe 20-25.
In February and March of 2012 I was thrust onto night shift (7:00pm to 3:30am) and lost 12lbs, primarily because my eating habits changed.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 am

Congrats, that's an incredible accomplishment! You may want to check out the ePlaya Fitness Club thread, and connect with other like-minded (and determined) people.

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:09 am

Most attendees do lots of walking/bike riding so at the very least it should be a good cardio workout for a week.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

strange love
Burning Since: 2011

Post by strange love » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:16 am

That's awesome, keep up the good work! I find that bm can be a catalyst for all types of positive life changes. I myself am enjoying some amazing realizations that would probably have never happened without the event (:

delle

Post by delle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:36 am

strange love wrote: (:
Is one of those things standing on your head???

: )
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

Return to “Open Discussion”