YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: The Bar 2014 Edition

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed May 28, 2014 8:45 am

Hey Ygmir... pour me a big one, please kind sir!!!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed May 28, 2014 9:03 am

hey CAp'n:

how's things?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

*Kat*
Burning Since: 2010

Post by *Kat* » Wed May 28, 2014 9:14 am

Done with lessons for the week... Still got to prepare a lecture for Tuesday though.
Tomorrow is a holiday (the men get radio flyer type wagons, decorate them with flowers, fill them up with beer & booze, cart them through the city and along the beach and have BBQ at night), Friday is a "bridge day" (no work cause it's between a holiday and a weekend), well, and then the weekend.

Gotta love German holidays. :mrgreen: Now, if only the weather would play along...

Also, the playa dust: I have been contemplating taking some to put it in a fish tank (without fish) to see if any Artemia will hatch...
Sometimes even 15 minutes on the street clock is a world away! A letter of the alphabet can be an entire light-year, a galaxy, a universe. - AntiM

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed May 28, 2014 9:32 am

*Kat* wrote:Done with lessons for the week... Still got to prepare a lecture for Tuesday though.
Tomorrow is a holiday (the men get radio flyer type wagons, decorate them with flowers, fill them up with beer & booze, cart them through the city and along the beach and have BBQ at night), Friday is a "bridge day" (no work cause it's between a holiday and a weekend), well, and then the weekend.

Gotta love German holidays. :mrgreen: Now, if only the weather would play along...

Also, the playa dust: I have been contemplating taking some to put it in a fish tank (without fish) to see if any Artemia will hatch.
[media]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed May 28, 2014 10:46 am

Things are good Ygmir. I'm trying NOT to buy the Hyster 110 forklift we are retiring at work.
It's got parts that could be put to use on a radical M/V with enough scrap metal left to recover the purchase... and actually the whole thing is still a working machine... I'm really trying not to have anything to do with it.

BeeWeeDee
Burning Since: 2012

Post by BeeWeeDee » Wed May 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Even I can hear it calling out to you from way out here.
The next morning you will wake up pretty much your old self except that a very unusual 16 hours will have been added to your store of life experience.

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Wed May 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:Things are good Ygmir. I'm trying NOT to buy the Hyster 110 forklift we are retiring at work.
It's got parts that could be put to use on a radical M/V with enough scrap metal left to recover the purchase... and actually the whole thing is still a working machine... I'm really trying not to have anything to do with it.
Do it. 8)

You really are that kind of person, my dear. :lol:
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Wed May 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Hello all !

I love it when the boys talk about trying to NOT buy new /old toys..

and then I really like to hear us Acknowledged s/ps say "just do it"

xoA.

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed May 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Well see I wanted to build this space ship, that lifts up in the air...
I know enough about fabrication and mechanics to pull it off. And I have an extra one-ton pickup I could use the chassis from. I just don't know WTF I'd do with it the rest of the year.
Just like that goddamm boat...

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Wed May 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:... I just don't know WTF I'd do with it the rest of the year.
Parades and festivals of all sorts. Some of them will pay you to appear. Even private events like weddings, which would definitely pay. Corporations pay for novelties like this at their conventions. With a professional agent, it might be possible to make a living with the Yacht.

MacGlenver
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Post by MacGlenver » Wed May 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Anyone going to Soulfire in a few weeks? I'll be there with several friends. Looking forward to it. Oh.. do I need to drink since this is the bar? Ok..... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :oops:
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed May 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Elliot wrote: With a professional agent, it might be possible to make a living with the Yacht.
Would you happen to be "a professional agent??"

And yes, MacGlenver, there's a two drink minimum here.

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Wed May 28, 2014 5:48 pm

No, I mean a real agent, such as books actors, musicians, circus acts, lecturers....

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed May 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Buy it Cap'n!! if for no reason other than to make me jealous!!
I"m still thinking about a Stalwart.........I wonder what happened to those up near you?

And, I have a non running 6K lb Yale forklift, if you don't need and engine that runs.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed May 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
I just sold for scrape the little tractor from a few years back.. It would even start and run.. Now its scrap iron.. I can move on to new shit..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed May 28, 2014 7:37 pm

ygmir wrote:Buy it Cap'n!! if for no reason other than to make me jealous!!
I"m still thinking about a Stalwart.........I wonder what happened to those up near you?

And, I have a non running 6K lb Yale forklift, if you don't need and engine that runs.
I think I could even just resell it at a profit. It's a working Hyster 110, I know it lifts about 10,000 pounds because I do it all the time with it, it has side shift and it even has power fork squeeze and spread! That's ultra cool.
The only thing wrong with it right now is it won't start, dead battery. It has a new alternator. It's gotta be something easy.
It's set up to run on propane.
I think I can take it for $1000. Shit I think I can sell it for a hell of a lot more! These things go for $20k in very used condition.
Screw cutting it up. I'm gonna see if I can acquire it just to fix it and "flip" it.
It's a pretty bad-ass lift. It's pretty big, duals on the front. Would be pushing things hard to move it very far on my trailer but I think I could get it home.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed May 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
ygmir wrote:Buy it Cap'n!! if for no reason other than to make me jealous!!

I think I could even just resell it at a profit. It's a working Hyster 110, I know it lifts about 10,000 pounds because I do it all the time with it, it has side shift and it even has power fork squeeze and spread! That's ultra cool.
The only thing wrong with it right now is it won't start, dead battery. It has a new alternator. It's gotta be something easy.
It's set up to run on propane.
I think I can take it for $1000. Shit I think I can sell it for a hell of a lot more! These things go for $20k in very used condition.
Screw cutting it up. I'm gonna see if I can acquire it just to fix it and "flip" it.
It's a pretty bad-ass lift. It's pretty big, duals on the front. Would be pushing things hard to move it very far on my trailer but I think I could get it home.
**jealous***
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Wed May 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote: it has side shift and it even has power fork squeeze and spread! That's ultra cool.
I think I know what this means, although I have never seen one. Kicking greasy forks to fit odd pallets gets old.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed May 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Oh yeah, if you ever use a forklift, having power squeeze and spread really rocks and very few have it. They all have up/down and tilt, most have side shift.

I dunno if it's a real deal or not. Today the boss said "it's only worth about a thousand dollars and I want to get a new one I'm tired of fixing it". It's just got a dead battery!
I'll make it well known tomorrow that any time they are ready to dump it I've got $1000 and I'll get it outta there!!
I checked, it weighs 16,000. Scrap on it has to be more than $1000. But I'm not sure I can move it!
Shit that's heavy.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed May 28, 2014 8:28 pm

When I scraped the little tractor there were piles of cast counter weights in the yard.. From all types of machines.. And this is Salem..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Wed May 28, 2014 9:46 pm

To get it out of there, you'd need some kind of forklift forklift? Or maybe one of those flatbeds that's got a little crane built into one end? If you could get it repaired and flip it for a decent profit, hell that'd be nice either to help offset the cash you've been spending on your rental property or start a project fund for your next magnificent mutation ;)

I started working with a new digital camera today. Far from anything a pro photographer would consider top shelf, but much better than anything I've ever owned. Tinkering with the settings and taking sample pics is fun, but man the time flies. Time to grab dinner and drinks!

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed May 28, 2014 10:12 pm

what's your new camera , Trilo?
my daughter is in a photography school, and her backup camera is a Canon Xsi, with lenses and such, and she seems not to need it any more, (I had to get her a 5D MKII). In case your camera is compatible, she may have extra lenses.

yeah Cap'n, that forklift sounds like a beauty!! Mine it just simple, no side, no spread, just up, down, and tilt. be cool to have that other stuff.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Thu May 29, 2014 6:36 am

Good Morning All !
machines that lift huh
In the winter in Montana we used a gorgeous do everything huge one that squeezed rolled and moved everything ,but gently enough to not endanger the animals
However, it was so big that I had a time climbing up

Yggy, you "had to" get her that one ?

going in to see if there is anything positive to do about my knee..if my daughter has twins in January I am going to need better equipment myself.

xoA.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu May 29, 2014 7:19 am

*wanders in, makes CCC*
*raises bar curtain*

*heads for ROS*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu May 29, 2014 7:39 am

The forklift runs! It's just got a dead battery. If I do get it I think I'll haul it straight to a heavy equipment dealer and wholesale it to them, take the money and run.

Joeln
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: On our own

Post by Joeln » Thu May 29, 2014 7:44 am

Morning all!
Nice bar Yggy, got any Dickel?
Collapse first and avoid the rush

Captain Goddammit

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu May 29, 2014 7:58 am

Ok this cracked me up... I was just at a company we do lots of business with, upstairs talking to the boss. His office overlooks the shop. He has tennis balls with messages written on them with a sharpie, like "to my office, now!" He just throws them out the window at whoever the recipient is!
Best paging system ever.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Thu May 29, 2014 8:08 am

Congratulations, Captain! Someone's gonna be drinking the good booze this weekend... ;) OMG, that's the best paging system ever!

Ygmir, it's a Panasonic Lumix FZ70. While I think I can swap a super macro lens for it if I want, it's not a DSLR (like those Canons) and wouldn't be compatible with those kinds of lenses, but thanks for thinking of me. Lens-wise, I'm pretty happy with the one it's got. Takes a nice wide shot, and then does a 60x optical zoom which is more than enough for my needs. Size-wise it's about the same as the classic 35mm camera, and it ticks all the other boxes I had on my features wish-list (supported camera raw format, 1080p/AVCHD video, etc).

Today should be a bit of fun. I was expecting two big gung-ho projects to kick off sometime next week, but lo and behold one of them dropped out of the sky yesterday. I'm still pushing along a couple other things, and then today we're hoping to finish up the second of the Rawr coats we're making for the Monsters & Elves party in Reno on Saturday. Hopefully I'll also get a chance to keep getting familiar with the camera, I want to bring that this weekend and am hoping I can get some great shots with it.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu May 29, 2014 9:01 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:The forklift runs! It's just got a dead battery. If I do get it I think I'll haul it straight to a heavy equipment dealer and wholesale it to them, take the money and run.
hell CAp'n, try Craiglust to sell it! prolly bring pretty good money, and you can pull it at any time and go to the wholesaler.......some person would love to pay less than retail(but more than you'll get wholesale).......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “Open Discussion”