What if you won the lottery

All things outside of Burning Man.
CaffeineGirl
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: EspressoCamp/Black Rock Power Coop

Re: What if you won the lottery

Post by CaffeineGirl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:44 am

I like it!
The robots that won the DARPA completion actually have humanoid shapes, and the video showed them climbing ladders, picking up boards, and using electric drills. Perfect camp constructors! Add the Nicolas Cage face for a few lousy million more and we are all set.

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:
BBadger wrote: I would not pay to have the roads widened. That's a multi-billion dollar venture, and it'd be wasted out there.
Jeez, what a cheapskate! :mrgreen:

Well then how about an airlift operation to get folks from Reno to the playa? A Boeing 747-400 in a single-class config can hold 660 people and only needs a 10,000 foot runway about 100 feet wide. You could likely manage that with some cement-stabilized sand for oh... 30-40 million dollars. That's moving 52,000+ people in less than 80 flights, complete with gear! And think of the dust potential!

C'mon, BBadger! Feel the love and loosen-up those purse strings! :mrgreen:
Multi-billion, Grey Coyote
. The multipliers are the following: 72 miles from Fernley to Gerlach. 4 lanes (2 lanes north, 2 lanes south....ALL new. Use the existing 2 lane for emergency and local traffic, thus setting up the Burningman Expressway. at 4 million bucks per lane mile for reinforced Portland Cement Concrete Pavement, add a potential economic impact multiplier of 1.45X for cost of aggregate and cement, and you get.....(drum roll, please)....6.9 billion bucks. And that's not taking into account the washout potential.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Elliot wrote:How about gathering a bunch of like-minded Burners and Kinetic Sculpture Racers and other creative friends, and going on a national tour of all the BM Regionals, Kinetic Sculpture Races and other fun events? We'd use a few of those Million Dollar RVs painted to look like hippie buses, and matching trucks to haul our art and other Stuff. Imagine hitting some county fairs with BM grade art along the lines of Peter Hudson's zoetropes and Duane Flatmo's El Pulpo Mechanico! :lol:

Maybe I've always wanted to run away with the circus. :mrgreen:
with flaming carnival rides and games, dusty prizes

:D

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:39 pm

County fairs desperately need some Burningman theme art.

Start with Mikey's "hug deli" nationwide to get them into the mood.

Then, hit them with regional variations of "Gothic Raygun Rocketship", time it to compete with the Miss ______ County judging.

End with "Crude Awakening" on closing days to get them thinking right before the political Sunday a.m breakfasts.

It would either expand or blow their hillbilly minds.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

MacGlenver
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Post by MacGlenver » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Burn it all...

"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly

Return to “Open Discussion”