'Drunk Posting' is a Necessary Evil

All things outside of Burning Man.
^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Re: 'Drunk Posting' is a Necessary Evil

Post by ^Rhino! » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:05 am

MyDearFriend wrote:Happy Excessive Drinking Day to all. 8) I am going out to do some drinking, and when I get back, I plan to shovel some of this be-damned snow that is still falling. :evil: We will see if I can post while drunk with frozen fingers and still spell "meteorologists" and "geography." :?

Happy Excessive Drinking Day. Crud. Missed it.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:07 pm

It's a good day to catch up Rhino.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:04 pm

robbidobbs wrote:It's a good day to catch up Rhino.
Thanks, but today is Xmas baking. My new cream cheese filled cinnamon and sugar dusted soft pretzels. With loads of red and green sprinkles.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:23 pm

My husband is making me a delicious chicken pot pie for dinner tonight. (Thank you Rhino). Happy hour started just a few minutes ago and I'm getting into the swing of it. Thank you Robbi Dobbs wherever you are. I used my xmas gift at the See's candy store today. Proudly. I spent $80 at a garage sale buying fabric. Without exaggeration it is 4 bins of new cotton fabrics in colorful themes and mountains of costumes, notions and hats. I have NO self control when it comes to sewing stuff. No. There is no way to put it away in this house. Good thing my husband doesn't care about the clutter. When I went to work today somebody had taken my laptop. Yay. I came back home. Any excuse not to work is good enough for me. I'll go hunt it down tonight. We have 100 cameras going so it doesn't bother me. The drama on Eplaya comes and goes. Hope it doesn't affect peoples ability to enjoy their vacation in the desert. Tamaraka has a great attitude. Don't mess with my burn. I, on the other hand want to see and hug every Eplayan. Why on earth do I even make plans? I've been to enough burns to know that plans are useless. OK. The wine is taking effect. It's time to sign off. Love you more.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Ratty wrote:My husband is making me a delicious chicken pot pie for dinner tonight. (Thank you Rhino).
You are quite welcome. Enjoy in peace and warmth this holiday season, no matter your religious belief. I also want to see and hug every Eplayan. That kind of feeling from you, Ratty, is why you are loved.

Massive Rhinohugglesnugglecuddles to all.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Ratty wrote:My husband is making me a delicious chicken pot pie for dinner tonight. (Thank you Rhino). Happy hour started just a few minutes ago and I'm getting into the swing of it. Thank you Robbi Dobbs wherever you are. I used my xmas gift at the See's candy store today. Proudly. I spent $80 at a garage sale buying fabric. Without exaggeration it is 4 bins of new cotton fabrics in colorful themes and mountains of costumes, notions and hats. I have NO self control when it comes to sewing stuff. No. There is no way to put it away in this house. Good thing my husband doesn't care about the clutter. When I went to work today somebody had taken my laptop. Yay. I came back home. Any excuse not to work is good enough for me. I'll go hunt it down tonight. We have 100 cameras going so it doesn't bother me. The drama on Eplaya comes and goes. Hope it doesn't affect peoples ability to enjoy their vacation in the desert. Tamaraka has a great attitude. Don't mess with my burn. I, on the other hand want to see and hug every Eplayan. Why on earth do I even make plans? I've been to enough burns to know that plans are useless. OK. The wine is taking effect. It's time to sign off. Love you more.
Loving you both Rhino and Ratty
You are so fucking welcome Ratty for the gift. You have carried my shit for weeks (months?) and you have been the strong one. I'm glad you enjoy my humble 2 hours of my life. I thought of you while I built it. It has hand seeing on it because I still didn't learn my machines capabilities. Which is why one day I will own an industrial sewing machine that can sew leather!!!

I'm currently on a bottle of Sonoma co Chardonnay. It was ok. I'm still in love with Riesling.

Fire whomever took your laptop Ratty. They're scum and you don't want them around you. I hate hate hate theft. Vermin.
Hugging every ePlayan is what the M&G is about donchaknow. I had drama fatigue from the get go. This is not our problem. We just consume and excrete art.
My internal life is all twinkly again. It's in a huge part due to the strength of Ratty.

Thank you

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:44 pm

I am trying real hard to get a drunk on but it is not working. My internal life is too twinkly at the moment. 8) So I am just going to say that I love you Ratty! I have piles of fabric everywhere too, like the pile of other people's jeans that I am going to make into a big swirly coat someday and the bags of old ties that I am going to sew onto the skirts I made from cut-off chinos that are just too damn short to sit on the subway in. Not to mention the bags of old tee shirts that are going to become something really fabulous, once I decide their destiny. And the odd yards of leftover stuff that always eventually become perfect for something. 8) Piles piles piles of stuff. On top though is a huge old sweatshirt I am planning to cut into a cardigan. I have found the perfect button for it. 8)

And Robbie, I always think we are going to have a wonderful talk at the M&G, I admire you so tremendously, but so far it has not happened yet. I seem always to just hover hopefully at the edge of your fan club. :lol: Someday!!!
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:03 am

"I'm currently on a bottle of Sonoma co Chardonnay. It was ok. I'm still in love with Riesling.

Robbi, have you ever had a Missouri Riesling?

We have many Germans here, and they produce spectacular world-class Riesling from both the Augusta, Missouri and the Herrmann, Missouri Area. Hermannhof makes a wonderful wine.

If you don't get it now, I will bring some to the burn. Prepare for your taste buds to do a happy dance.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

caro.

Post by caro. » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:56 am

tamarakay wrote:I ambien type. The stallion has gotten better at hiding the computer from me after I've taken my pill, but occasionally he forgets. It's ugly, really really ugly.
Oy - I've found the same thing! I've finally realized that once the ambien is on board, the phone and computer have to go away. I went through a spell where I was shopping on amazon in my ambien-haze and had no idea until random items started to appear. nothing like having a 50 pack of grits delivered to you at work.. haha.
the journey is the destination...

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Fuck this mess. I just spent 30 minutes writing and I got thrown off.

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:05 pm

robbidobbs wrote:Fuck this mess. I just spent 30 minutes writing and I got thrown off.
Robbi, that's happened to me, too, when I spend too long before sending... now, if there's any doubt at all, just before hitting 'submit', I highlight the whole thing, 'copy', then 'submit'. If it fails, just open up another reply window, 'paste' and submit. It only took me two or three frustrating losses-of-long-posts to catch on.
(dang friggin' fracken' computer contraption, anyway...)
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Yah I know better. Just got caught up in the moment.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:12 am

Patsh wrote:
robbidobbs wrote:Fuck this mess. I just spent 30 minutes writing and I got thrown off.
Robbi, that's happened to me, too, when I spend too long before sending... now, if there's any doubt at all, just before hitting 'submit', I highlight the whole thing, 'copy', then 'submit'. If it fails, just open up another reply window, 'paste' and submit. It only took me two or three frustrating losses-of-long-posts to catch on.
(dang friggin' fracken' computer contraption, anyway...)
'dang friggin' fracken computer contraption ' < I love this. Creative alternative profanity.

One MUST be careful.

Back in the dark days before PCs, they used to have 'mainframes' At the time, we were learning on a Honeywell 6000. This is before the old DOS c-prompt when the computer simply gave you a ">" and you would use commands (similar to DOSfor such easy (today) things as saving a program (SAVE command), RUN ning a program, or LOADing a program. Even in those days (1982, was it that long ago?) I could see the power of the device. I had created a simple program for balancing my checkbook that i ran on a monthly basis. One day, I went into the computer lab and signed on, and tried to reload the program to do my monthly checkbook reconciliation -----------

> LOAD CHECKBOOK.
> ***FILE "CHECKBOOK" DOES NOT EXIST***

i went through this cycle three times. Finally, I thought I told the computer where it could go.....(out of my own stupid frustration, and forgetting that the system had an alternative load command) --------------

> GET FUCKED
> *** FILE 'FUCKED' DOES NOT EXIST***

I laughed so hard I nearly cried.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:30 pm

So..... John and I are having a lovely dinner while I'm reading Skeptic mag and the conversation turns to my experience at the 'Holy Sheep Dip'. I must have been 10 or 11 when I unwisely answered the call. The minister said, " Does anyone here tonight accept the love of Jesus Christ into their heart?" Hey. I'm 10 years old. Other people raised their hands. It might get me candy or something. Next thing I know my Mother is crying and we're holding hands in the back room having a group prayer. Next stop...baptismal school. I suppose I had plenty of chances to recant but WTH, I didn't see the harm. Then one night instead of school we went to the big church. I didn't even know there was an upstairs room. It had the feel of a backstage dressing room in a girlie show. What do you mean take off my clothes?!? That has never happened before at church. A half dozen of us waited in line and one by one were lead into the warm, waist high tub. Now this peep show was on the 2nd floor with doors thrown open to the church below. I saw a gaggle of crying women down there and some old men in the back row with hands in their pockets. I had faith. I wouldn't be suffocated by the guy putting a hankie over my mouth and nose. He dunked me. The wet 'gown' provided didn't hide my nipples. I dried off and we went home.

I grew up in Pico Rivera. I've seen baptisms. Babies sprinkled, smoking balls, latin. All very neat and clean. (Except for some oil on the baby.) Repeatedly I've heard from my friends about befriending a goat that you think is your new pet. Well, he is really dinner. At the Baptist church they didn't throw me over the picnic table and slit my throat but to a 10 year old it was pretty darn close. I think my faith took a hit that day. No biggie. In a few years I discovered what my birgina is really for and the church could eat my dust.

Just sayin. I mean no disrespect to believers.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Ratty: you and I really MUST compare notes as to when/who.

Spent a whole lotta time in Pico in the 80's....
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Ratty wrote:So..... John and I are having a lovely dinner while I'm reading Skeptic mag and the conversation turns to my experience at the 'Holy Sheep Dip'. I must have been 10 or 11 when I unwisely answered the call. The minister said, " Does anyone here tonight accept the love of Jesus Christ into their heart?" Hey. I'm 10 years old. Other people raised their hands. It might get me candy or something. Next thing I know my Mother is crying and we're holding hands in the back room having a group prayer. Next stop...baptismal school. I suppose I had plenty of chances to recant but WTH, I didn't see the harm. Then one night instead of school we went to the big church. I didn't even know there was an upstairs room. It had the feel of a backstage dressing room in a girlie show. What do you mean take off my clothes?!? That has never happened before at church. A half dozen of us waited in line and one by one were lead into the warm, waist high tub. Now this peep show was on the 2nd floor with doors thrown open to the church below. I saw a gaggle of crying women down there and some old men in the back row with hands in their pockets. I had faith. I wouldn't be suffocated by the guy putting a hankie over my mouth and nose. He dunked me. The wet 'gown' provided didn't hide my nipples. I dried off and we went home.

I grew up in Pico Rivera. I've seen baptisms. Babies sprinkled, smoking balls, latin. All very neat and clean. (Except for some oil on the baby.) Repeatedly I've heard from my friends about befriending a goat that you think is your new pet. Well, he is really dinner. At the Baptist church they didn't throw me over the picnic table and slit my throat but to a 10 year old it was pretty darn close. I think my faith took a hit that day. No biggie. In a few years I discovered what my birgina is really for and the church could eat my dust.

Just sayin. I mean no disrespect to believers.
Awesome
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Tin Halo
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Tin Halo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:30 pm

caro. wrote: I went through a spell where I was shopping on amazon in my ambien-haze and had no idea until random items started to appear. nothing like having a 50 pack of grits delivered to you at work.. haha.

I bet your reaction was video-worthy.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:04 pm

That makes it okay.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:33 pm

And here I am after spending a delightful evening w Dr Holderdown.
Now just waiting for a phone call that probably will not come

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Sad really.

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:31 pm

I'm finally reading this thread while marginally sober. what MDF & Rhino posted was so long ago in kitty time. I have good friends here. Ok, maybe not exactly "marginal".
I'm on beer, I can mostly think thru beer. I don't get sloppy like w wine. Good to know.
So much has happened today. I got it in my head to just finish the bloody course and have done. It's been a testament to either perseverance or stubbornness, but I finished. I got 99% on the test. Damn straight, I know how to take a fucking test!
I built many tests of my own, and I'm a fucking overachiever, and I knew exactly what "my best" is. From an Evaluation perspective, the test is to find out if you diligently scour the course book and get the answers through grinding work. Hey, not bad for a test for shit disturbers. The tough part is getting through the damn text. What blows my hat in the creek is WA shit disturbers (waste water operators) have to submit (heh) a certified closed book proxied test. Damn. Brutal.i know for a bleeding fact this information isn't internalized at 100% on the first pass. You got to be actually trained in real time. It's a fucking miracle we don't fucking die from bad water. No it's not a miracle, there are people just like me and Rain that fully give a shit, about the quality of your drinking water down to what toxins are released into the damn fishing lake.
Fucking Wisconsin governor mutherfucker, he needs to be duct taped bodily and thrown into The damn lake. Asshole.

So yes, MDF, we need to have some quality dusty couch time. Just like I got to enjoy with Rhino at the M&G this year. Yum.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:04 am

Perfect activity for after drunk posting:

http://www.therightfoot.net/mystuff/wha ... lewrap.swf
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Meh.
6 beers back. I just had my hat blown in the creek by Morris Hotel.
I gotta go there now.
I'm sure I'm burnier than thou, and it will look like every other burner hovel I've been to, but what it was and became is surely noteworthy. Thanks Maryanimal for pointing it out.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:54 am

robbidobbs wrote:Meh.
6 beers back. I just had my hat blown in the creek by Morris Hotel.
I gotta go there now.
I'm sure I'm burnier than thou, and it will look like every other burner hovel I've been to, but what it was and became is surely noteworthy. Thanks Maryanimal for pointing it out.
No it won't look like every other burner hovel you've been too and I'm usually there weekly.

See what I did there ^^ I'm being burnier than thou... :lol:

It really is a lot of fun though
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Hah! I will get to see it Lucky. I will have so much time on my hands.
I am right now in the middle of an excruciatingly wonderful deal. I demonstrated to Rain that I
...mean.

Business.

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:46 am

Boy did I step in it!
Note to self: drinking doesn't make you feel better, it doesn't help you escape and it doesn't make you more interesting.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm never going to catch up in The Bar (iteration whatever) and even the BRCCP thread seems beyond reach. Somewhere between 150 and 200 threads for me to catch up on.

Maybe I'll quit eplaya.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:45 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:51 pm

I agree, robbi.. drinking doesn't make any of those things happen. If you're going to imbibe, try to do so from a place of being happy or celebratory... and be an interesting person to start with, thats what makes the drunk posting that much more hilarious and endearing :D

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:36 am

This thread is best read in the pub on a shame day
That was meant to say sunday
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

Return to “Open Discussion”