'Drunk Posting' is a Necessary Evil

All things outside of Burning Man.
robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Re: 'Drunk Posting' is a Necessary Evil

Post by robbidobbs » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:12 pm

trilobyte wrote:I agree, robbi.. drinking doesn't make any of those things happen. If you're going to imbibe, try to do so from a place of being happy or celebratory... and be an interesting person to start with, thats what makes the drunk posting that much more hilarious and endearing :D
I'm sure I'm reading this wrong. The word is very old pain for me. I consider myself a very interesting person to start with. I think I get less interesting the more I drink though.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Evenin barflys. I brought my own. I'm testing the Bud that I bought for Decom. You guys are experts. Can you tell me something? In the 'lost and found' categories there is a spot for listing your 'found humans'. Lost humans I can kind of understand. You had the best conversation, (sex), and then couldn't find that solemate, (slut), again. THAT is a useful and funny thread to read. I was sorely tempted to write a found human thread but I held back. Found humans? Really? You're gonna take that extra human home with you and then put up a listing on eplaya in the hopes that you can reunite them with their husband, Mom, caregiver? We know what the success/failure rate is on returning wanted and unwanted items. A friend of mine found a wad of cash in the porta potties. I found 40 full pee bottles at the end of the event. Soooo. Have you unpacked everything? Did you unfurl that big tarp and crank up the pop-up trailer? If not you may be the first one to list a 'found human'. Just a thought. Now, back to testing those beers for poison.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:58 pm

:lol: :lol:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:20 pm

OH, give us a found person thread, Ratty. The admins would move it, but it would be fun, first!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Crypto, I can't right now. Someone at my bar just dared me to run across the 4 lane with my panties around my ankles. If I make it there and back I get a shot of Patron. Maybe later.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

happydragon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Thunder Spoon

Post by happydragon » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:53 pm

tamarakay wrote:I ambien type. The stallion has gotten better at hiding the computer from me after I've taken my pill, but occasionally he forgets. It's ugly, really really ugly.
Heh. I used to get into long IM conversations with one of my best friends, who was taking ambien. I could tell exactly when it kicked in, and got lots of great blackmail material out of those talks.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:25 pm

Ratty wrote:Crypto, I can't right now. Someone at my bar just dared me to run across the 4 lane with my panties around my ankles. If I make it there and back I get a shot of Patron. Maybe later.
:lol:
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

SimonJester
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Black Rock City Bastards

Post by SimonJester » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:49 am

Happy early morning or whenever the hell you're reading this.

I used to ambien post in a different forum. Now I'm off both those things.

The found humans thing... why hasn't anyone posted that they found themselves out there?
Then the only ragged dusty body you're responsible for would be your own.

Cheers!
You can't drink a thank you

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:12 pm

SimonJester wrote: The found humans thing... why hasn't anyone posted that they found themselves out there?
Then the only ragged dusty body you're responsible for would be your own.

Cheers!
I left my heart there, this year, and haven't recovered it yet.

Ragged dusty body has been on its own for months, and looks it... :|

What the hell, this gin is pretty tasty.
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Hey there. High there. Whore there. You're as welcome as can be. Let me reiterate. We have NO alcohol at my house. Haven't had any since January 1st 2015. It's OK. I'm getting used to it. Low and behold some kind sole gave me a bottle of whatever and now I'm stinking 'in my cuffs'. Ain't love grand? There is WAY too much sobriety in this world. God gave us fermentation for a reason. Use it, Damn it.

He also gave me a floor heater instead of forced air and heat. My gas and electric bill combined is always under $50. Last month it was $25. They just keep giving me a discount because I use less than the year before. Pretty soon I'll get a check.

My husband is making chicken veggies and rice. Soon I'll have to go eat and ruin this buzz with food. I have a stack of old National Geographic mags on the kitchen table. I'm working my way through the 1960's.

My husband just found some chicken bones on the computer table in front of me. I didn't do it. Ooops. Dinner time.

Hey. Have you guys ever heard of 'Beddy Bear'? We have two of them.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:07 pm

I'll have some of whatever she's having
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Beady Bear, is it a huge teddy bear? Big enough to lay out on?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Nope. It's a teddy bear that goes in the microwave for 2 minutes then comes to bed with you.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Wed May 04, 2016 4:02 pm

Well look at me. It's only been 5 months and I'm drunk again. Yeah. I told em at work I'm going to Trader Joes and get a bottle of Two Buck Chuck which by the way costs Two Fifty, to go home and drink dinner. Well, I got 2 bottles. ( When you read that emphisize the 2). I had to pour it into the freezy mugs in the freezer to chill. I have TWO people on my plonk list. I can only think of one now but my question is...Why do you guys argue with him. Google his eplaya name. You'll see that he is VERY active online. He's on virtually every site and has quite a following. He's a programmer. Works in the City. Lives in his bus? Has a huge following because he's not an idiot. He's having fun with you.

I'm going face down in a bottle of sauvignon blanc. Got that off the label. I can't post in the thread about one thing a day because I'd post every day and you would know that I'm obsessive about the burn.

Before I started selling on ebay I did alot of gardening and home stuff. My hobby is making money. Before I went to Burning Man I did a lot of everything else. I'm a lot happier now. My hobby is still money but my heart is BM. OK. Time to fire up the chain saw and climb that tree. ....Only funnin wit you.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Wed May 04, 2016 4:21 pm

Do you think this would be too long to tattoo?

Leave this event to all the crazies who are willing to haul their stuff to a dusty, corrosive environment to have it ruined, wait in lines for hours to enter and leave, sleep in shanties, drag stuff to the middle of nowhere to give away, not have access to buy anything but ice and coffee, shit in outhouses, wreck their hands, build art for a week only to rip it down again or burn it away, etc. -- and pay for the benefit.

Arthur Schopenhauer

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Ratty wrote:Do you think this would be too long to tattoo?

Leave this event to all the crazies who are willing to haul their stuff to a dusty, corrosive environment to have it ruined, wait in lines for hours to enter and leave, sleep in shanties, drag stuff to the middle of nowhere to give away, not have access to buy anything but ice and coffee, shit in outhouses, wreck their hands, build art for a week only to rip it down again or burn it away, etc. -- and pay for the benefit.
Well you're a slim lady so it might be
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

^Rhino!
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Drunk posting....leads to drunk texting, leads to drunk tweeting, leads to drunk skyping.

It used to be so simple.

I could get drunk..in a bar....and get thrown out into public...get arrested, and serve a couple of hours in the tank....for drunkenness in public. I can't wait until drunk skyping is a prosecutable offense...there will be so many scofflaws I can go get drunk privately in public again without LEO harassment.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed May 04, 2016 9:26 pm

Not if you get the right boob job!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed May 04, 2016 9:34 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:

Not if you get the right boob job!
this proves why you are the Captain.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:10 am

Week-end mantra.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arthur Schopenhauer

^Rhino!
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:30 pm

Ratty wrote:Week-end mantra.....
Probably got the idea from Philadephians.....you know, phuckin' Philly..... where there IS NO brotherly love.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Hey hey. It's Monday. Let's celebrate. Does anybody know when Robbi Dobbs has a birthday?

Today I'm thinking about retirement. In approx. 14 months I'll retire. Humm. I've been working since I was 18. Good jobs. What will I do? the hallway has been half painted for 20 years. I used to want a studio in the back yard. Now I just want the front room cleaned out. I'm in the bay area so I could burn every day. Boy oh boy, my husband is in for a load of burning.

I can't understand my friends that retire and they are bored.

Don't we all have enough unfinished projects to last a lifetime?

Yes. It's happy hour here at Talisman Acres. There isn't much drinking so one glass of wine is more than enough.

I'll clean out the car and start thinking about the Hof. I wish Robbi could come.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:12 pm

I love this thread.

And BTW one of your tails made it to Vulture Chow and Graidawgs wedding via MDF's son.

I meant to bring mine and didn't remember it till I got there. Was still attached to my work clothes.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:04 pm

I love my tail, but forget to wear it.

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Drawing a Blank, I'm surprised you don't keep a spare in your car. I have a spare hat and glasses, (as well as everything on earth), in my van. Ok, it looks like I live in there. Oh, I just got a couple sets of oil paint markers to draw on the inside of it. New vans are so grey all over. My has hands and flames and peace signs. I'll probably draw on the headliner too.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Well looky here. It's July and I'm already drunk again. I'm on my first beer but that's all it takes to get me going. I'm reading some lame novel where getting your panties in a twist makes you spontaneously combust. Let me tell you. I would be toast. My work has been taken over by stupid pod people. Repair men charge $1,000 and don't guarantee their work for 30 days. Suppliers don't deliver on time and nobody above my pay scale should ever be allowed to whine.

On a cheerier note, My health, family and finances are just fine thank you. Now if I could just kick my own ass into gear. I know, I'll make a list. Foods, unfinished necessary projects, necessary supplies. That should get it.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Zona

Post by Zona » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:58 pm

What, so what, zee it's minda clina, vee it's a dooka.

Vass it's a dossa....

Mister open, julian assange, did not do that thing he is charge with. I did it. I was me.

Who is here.

I did that.

I know them.
Laika and me went on a ride.

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:12 pm

So... It appears that I have 'stepped in it. I joined a FB group. It is for 'rants and raves'. As I was busy recommending my doctor to another local I thought of a rant. My rant was that I was appalled at the gigantic SIZE of the pharmacy workers. I like my Kaiser employees to prescribe to the message Kaiser keeps Yelling at me. Be healthy and thrive. The pharmacy employees are all FAT. (That is not a dirty word. I married a guy over 300 pounds. He wishes that my butt was a few sizes bigger.) Now 2,000 people in my town are calling me a hater. Well, not actually. A half dozen people are calling me names and 1,994 people are laughing. I'm sorry but I stand by my original statement. What are the odds? I'm waiting for a prescription to be filled and I notice that all the people behind the counter are 40 to 150 pounds overweight. The pharmacist wasn't fat.

BTW.....FAT is not a dirty word.

Don't ever fill your prescription if you don't like the price. The original price was $130. He said it's worth about $4. I requested a new one and it cost $15.

Well, I have to get back to watching the front window. I think I see a crowd with torches coming up the hill.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Great christmas gift.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Open Discussion”